fin.

Special


In a world where people have their own worlds. Where you can't meet anyone until your heart says so, until your heart wants to finally meet their other half. 

Mina never knew anyone since birth, she hasn't seen other people's faces. That is why she always thought she was alone, inside her world, inside the world; earth.

Her world was full of trees. Trees that glows green when the sun has finally set and the moon is awake. She made it her home so she'd know the time.

She was alone, but despite of having no one beside her she never felt lonely, just, empty. She always felt that she was isolating herself from anyone, well, she is literally isolated. If God knew how much she wanted to know how it feels to see different faces, to interact, to be free, he would definitely let her go out of her world.

Sitting on a bench under her tree, just like one of those nights, thinking about nothing, staring at nothing. She was about to stand and sleep when a sudden melody echoed through her world. It was the first time she's heard a humm.

It was so sudden, strange. And it was beautiful.

She turned her head around to look for the sound. Finding nothing, she just continued listening to it.

It made her feel things. Like, like heat was taking over her body, she feels safe, and her heart was soaring for something she don't know if she could reach.

The humming stopped. Mina felt cold air in her atmosphere.

Then the melody started again, but this time Mina heard actual words. She heard a lady singing.

"I just wanted to hide
Didn't want to face the world
As if everything has lost its meaning
As if I have lost meaning."

Mina stood up. First time in her life she heard actual words from another person, she heard someone singing.

She started walking to where the voice first echoed. Her heart was pounding, it felt like it was looking for something, like it was reaching for something.

She stopped when she reached the end of her world. There was nothing but her reflection. 

She waited, she can't lose hope, she's not hallucinating. The voice is still there. 

She just waited. 

The voice, it was getting louder, and louder.

She looked at her reflection, stared from her feet, to her eyes. She saw longing in it. Maybe she wasn't just alone, maybe she wasn't just empty. She's lonely too. 

Her hand made its way to the wall that was stopping her from being free, she reached out, and looked through, deeper. But she only saw herself. 

"I just sat there still." 

The walls opened. 

"Then you appeared before me." 

The lady walked closer to her. 

"With a warm smile, you held out your hand." 

Their hands were touching. Mina was smiling and she didn't even know she was. It just, it just happened. 

"Everything's alright."

The woman smiled. She was wearing white, and her hair was tied. Mina looked at her eyes, they were so soft and focused on hers. 

Their hands stayed in the air, touching. But Mina tightened the touch, intertwining her fingers with the woman in front of her. 

"So my heart was actually reaching for you." She said softly. 

"I felt it too..." Mina replied. 

"My name is Chaeyoung." 

"I'm Mina."