Seeing the Stars Again

Everything They Thought

 

 

A high ceiling with golden chandeliers, walls donned with modern art, butlers coming to assist VIP guests and an orchestra playing  Beethoven or Mozart which she could care less because she was busy chatting with Sunny and her other friends about expensive dresses and business deals. 

 

 

 

“Hey girls, having fun?” a deep voice ruins their girl time.

 

 

 

Chloe, her famous model friend answers him, “Of course, Jason! Glad to see you here!”

 

 

 

The man smiles and looks at Tiffany. She just rolls her eyes. “We were having fun until you suddenly waltzed in.”

 

 

 

He puts his hands on his pockets and laughs, “Still bitter? I’m a changed man now Tiffany.”

 

 

 

Her friends at the table can only snicker and hide their laugh behind those wine glasses. They know how Tiffany is pissed with Jason.

 

 

 

“Why would I be bitter? In fact everything is better after I kicked you out on my building. Kinda surprised how you got here to be honest, paid your way in perhaps?” Tiffany smiles while taking a sip on her own glass, she knew she had him, stepping on a man’s ego was a good way to get rid of him.

 

 

 

Jason huffs and wipes his sweaty hands on his sides.

 

 

 

Gotcha.

 

 

 

“Still the same Tiffany Hwang, alright. See you around Tiffany!”

 

 

 

“Good riddance, Tiff. God I hate his face.” Sunny tells her.

 

 

 

“He’s always been hung up on you. Maybe because you’re the only one who saw past his face.” Chloe adds.

 

 

 

“He’s not even my type. He should be thankful already that I didn’t sue him before.”

 

 

 

“So who’s our pretty Fany’s type?” Jessica playfully asks.

 

 

 

Tiffany just smiles as images of Taeyeon suddenly clouds her mind. 

 

 

 

“I think her type is probably on the other table.”

 

 

 

“Chloe, I told you countless of times that Kevin isn’t my type.”

 

 

 

“No – , that’s definitely your type!” Chloe was still looking at the other side of the room and she just shakes her head until she hears Sunny talk.

 

 

 

“No sherlock, that’s your type.”

 

 

 

Tiffany finally turns her head. Her breathing suddenly increases when she sees who her friends were referring to. Dressed in a crisp white suit with golden accents, a signature Medusa logo on the back of her blazer and gone was the plain blonde, a now long platinum blonde hair tied in a slightly messy bun; Kim Taeyeon is the most breathtaking person in tonight’s Time’s Ball. She immediately looks away when she sees Taeyeon move her head toward their direction.

 

 

 

“What the Chloe, stop staring! She might see us!” Tiffany says.

 

 

 

“Yes, geez. Calm down.” Chloe laughs and the rest follows.

 

 

 

“God, Tiff. Does that Taeyeon have any friends who are as good – looking as her?” Jessica asks.

 

 

 

“She has many friends but I have met only one back in Seoul. Not sure if she’s your type, though.”

 

 

 

“Just one? What about me Tiff? I wanna date a hot CEO too, models are starting to bore me now!”

 

 

 

“Woah, slow down guys. Why don’t we ask our pretty friend here if they already managed to fix some things between them.” Sunny says.

 

 

 

Tiffany releases an exasperated sigh, “There’s nothing to tell, we haven’t spoken in more than a year.”

 

 

 

“But you guys are technically still dating?”

 

 

 

“I don’t know Jess.”

 

 

 

“Whatever, if you’re over her then I might just call my secretary to arrange a little dinner with her.” Jessica smirks.

 

 

 

Tiffany looks at her with wide eyes and the others just watch in amusement. Jessica always liked to play games with Tiffany to make the girl reveal her real thoughts. Sunny was suddenly glad the fashion director was here to make her job easier on making Tiffany honest with her feelings.

 

 

 

“So, you’re willing to risk this friendship?” Tiffany asks raising an eyebrow.

 

 

 

“You bet I am.”

 

 

 

“Wow, didn’t know you would cross me for a date with Taeyeon.”

 

 

 

Jessica shrugs, “I like to play with the odds. Besides, you’re not even sure with your own feelings.”

 

 

 

Bingo. 

 

 

 

Sunny and Chloe just looks at each other. Jessica had hit a goal when they saw the shift on Tiffany’s eyes. Their friend is definitely still not over the other CEO.

 

 

 

“This is really testing my patience.” Tiffany laughs and points at Jessica whilst the latter just laughs as well.

 

 

 

Chloe sinks on her chair. “You guys need to chill, I thought you were really going for a cat fight.”

 

 

 

“I’ve been with these two for years Chloe and I’ve seen enough to know that they weren’t going to fight over any man or woman.”

 

 

 

Jessica nods. “So, what’s your plan Tiff?”

 

 

 

“No plans at all. I’m just gonna go with the flow.”

 

 

 

“Oooh, I like that. Ms Hwang never runs for something she likes, she lets it come to her.”

 

 

 

Tiffany just laughs at her friends antics and lets them throw in useless comments about her and Taeyeon’s relationship status. She looks on the other side of the room to see Taeyeon talking animatedly to various investors and other personalities. Everyone was looking at her in awe. She can’t deny that the girl was really great at her job; she’d give Taeyeon the credit of being a great businesswoman because the girl really knows her way in and always had a way on charming people by the way she talks. 

 

 

 

She recognizes Yuri on the table too, oh and there’s Attorney Kim Hyoyeon whom Tiffany saw on the news with Taeyeon during the trial, an investor sitting in front of Taeyeon and another girl she doesn’t recognize who might be one of Taeyeon’s personal friends. 

 

 

 

Might just be a friend, right?

 

 

 

“Hey, I’m going to the restroom for a while then we can go ditch this boring event.”

 

--

 

“Director Kim, I will be looking forward on your approval on my business proposal here in San Francisco.” the man in his fifties shakes Taeyeons hand.

 

 

 

“Of course Mr Cooper, I’ll tell my team to review it by next week and we can have a dialogue soon.”

 

 

 

The man leaves and Yuri bumps shoulders with Taeyeon. “Came here empty handed and now you’re leaving SF with a million dollar deal. Never lost the charm, eh?”

 

 

 

Taeyeon just shakes her head.

 

 

 

“Unnie always talks so smart that’s why people tend to offer a lot to her.”

 

 

 

“Yah, Yoona. Don’t say that or Taeng’s already blown up ego would just get bigger.”

 

 

 

“You’re saying as if I’m an egoistic that runs a company Hyo.”

 

 

 

They all laugh.

 

 

 

All of them were invited on the party, it was an A – Lister party, Sooyoung and Seohyun couldn’t make it because of conflicting schedule. Too bad, the whole gang could’ve been complete.

 

 

 

“The drinks here are lame, wanna head out instead?”

 

 

 

“I’m in Unnie, I’ve tried every wine they serve and it’s just –“ Yoona makes a hand gesture and the unnies laugh at the youngest.

 

 

 

“Me too, I bet Taeng had already drank two bottles of wine but she’s still sober.”

 

 

 

“Nah, wine doesn’t make me drunk. Yul here is the er for wine.”

 

 

 

“Don’t point your finger at me Taeyeon, we all know you have the strongest liver among us.” Yuri smirks.

 

 

 

“Come on unnies, let’s ditch everyone! We can buy a couple of drinks and have it at my place.”

 

 

 

“Wow, Ambassador Yoona invited us to her place. I smell a change of life.” Hyoyeon laughs.

 

 

 

“She’s just worried for her image. Remember when we were in college, this kid danced on top of a table with two bottles of whisky on her hands.”

 

 

 

“Unnie!” Yoona looks at Taeyeon for help.

 

 

 

“Fine, fine. Just let me use the restroom to freshen up.”

 

 

 

Taeyeon stands from her seat to make way towards the restroom when someone rushing out from it, bumps into her making the other woman topple a little.

 

 

 

Taeyeon quickly gets a hold of her arms to support her, “I’m so sorry Ma’am, I wasn’t looking at the way.”

 

 

 

The woman quickly gets away from her wiping her hands on her sides and rants at Taeyeon without even glancing. “You should be. Do you know how much this dress is?!”

 

 

 

“As a matter of fact I do.” 

 

 

 

Taeyeon has finally gotten a better view on who the woman was. The latter stares at her and for a split second, Taeyeon saw the surprise and longing on her eyes but was soon changed to the usual strict glare that Taeyeon had to almost laugh.

 

 

 

Taeyeon steps closer to the girl. “It’s from the latest collection of Gucci? Saw it during the New York Fashion Week last month.”

 

 

 

“Stay right there Taeyeon.” The girl moves backward but her back hits the wall instead.

 

 

 

“Alright. Perhaps dinner?” 

 

 

 

They were half a meter from each other. Tiffany remembers the scene from the parking lot the first time she and Taeyeon met. The girl is a flirt and really charming that she was drawn closer. 

 

 

 

“I’m busy. Maybe some other time.” Tiffany tries not to look at the blonde.

 

 

 

Taeyeon on the other hand looks at Tiffany with so much longing. She knew that Tiffany would probably attending here since it was impossible for the girl to not have an invitation and boy was she glad that Tiffany actually went and that she didn’t have any other schedules. Taeyeon has a plan of course. She knows that the both of them are on a break. She has to win Tiffany’s love again and she will be ready to give everything she’s got for the love of her life. Tiffany wasn’t the type to accept dramatic apologies so Taeyeon had to be creative. She has to make Tiffany remember how they met, how they fell for each other, how it felt the first time they held hands and kissed. She has to make Tiffany remember how much she loves her.

 

 

 

And so she’ll court her again.

 

 

 

 

“Okay, some other time I guess.” Taeyeon smiles at her and heads to the restroom without looking back.

 

 

 

Tiffany just stood there frozen thinking what just happened. She can’t believe that with all the people on that party; it was Taeyeon who bumped into her. She had to put a hand on her chest to calm herself. And dinner? What was that all about? She had to do a double take if Taeyeon just really walked past her after turning down the invitation.

 

 

 

She quickly returns to their table and downs her unfinished glass of liquor.

 

 

 

“Hey, took you quite a while. Are you okay?” Sunny asks in concern, she must’ve looked like someone who just seen a ghost.

 

 

 

“Yeah, are we leaving soon?”

 

 

 

“Chloe just bid goodbye to some of her acquaintances.” Jessica answers her without looking up from her phone.

 

 

 

Tiffany looks back to Taeyeon’s table and her breath hitches when she sees the latter looking at her. Taeyeon smiles and raises her glass to acknowledge Tiffany. 

 

 

 

If she could just melt on that chair, she wouldn’t mind. Taeyeon always had that effect on her.

 

 

 

Tiffany knows the other girl had plans. She knew well enough that Taeyeon always had tricks up on her sleeves which made Tiffany fall head over heels to the young CEO.

 

 

 

Fine. 

 

 

 

Two can play a game.

 

 

 

But who falls first?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AN: Taeyeon going back to her usual playful self? Hmm Tiffany ain’t having it. Although we all know that Tiffany’s heart is always weak for Taeyeon kkk Operation-Taeny-Getting-Back-Together starts now!