Fallen Glory

Everything They Thought

 

 

The sound of a cheek slapped echoes through the room. Then another comes.  And yet another again.

 

 

 

She spits the blood and wipes her face with her disheveled shirt. She knows how dirty it was considering that she remembers how white it was this morning when she wore it. It has now become a shade of tan with red streaks of blood signifying how rough her afternoon got.

 

 

 

The ground was cold. Her sight is starting to dim because of how many hits she got from him. She snickers at her current situation. But then again, it was the only way out.

 

 

 

She remembers the place. The cold concrete under her? She once stood in it after a failed grade in Mathematics when she was eight. The first time she saw the room. She vividly remembers too during her ninth grade how her father took her down here to let her see how they deal with people who went against their name. Countless of times she’d been here and she never saw herself being the one get beaten up.

 

 

 

And yet here she is.

 

 

 

Taeyeon tries to remember how she got there in the first before she blacks out. She also needs to plan on her escape if Yuri does not come finding her anytime soon.

 

 

 

Ah, yes. She was in a 7/11 store near her apartment to buy some coffee and ice cream because she just landed back in Seoul with Yuri and Leeteuk. This was also supposed to be the day where she meets her father at the office to settle things and confront him. In a civilized way, of course. 

 

 

 

But Taeyeon was the one who got confronted. 

 

 

 

Her father’s men came rushing dragging her to a car and letting her inhale some to pass out. The men who abducted her were the ones who remained loyal to him when Leeteuk had quit to help her out instead, of course without her father knowing. If he’d know, he would have Leeteuk’s head in an instant and Taeyeon could not afford to lose a friend again. Especially a man she considered an older brother. 

 

 

 

Basically, she told him what the plan was. To settle and confront, that was it. She was also ready to step down as Chairman if necessary. She told Yuri and him that if she doesn’t go back by seven pm they should come pick her up and call the police to arrest her father. But instead got kidnapped this morning so she hopes that the both remembers their plan even if she’d gone missing too early.

 

 

 

Waking up hours later and seeing the familiar room earlier, Taeyeon knew what was going to happen. 

 

 

 

Sighing this time she checks her cracked watch for the time. Six pm. Just another hour of beating and her friends would come looking for her. Hopefully.

 

 

 

She has been injuring her father’s foul words, punches, kicks and slaps for about three hours now.
She didn’t fight back. She didn’t beat him up even if it was easy for her without the guards. It was just her and him in that godforsaken room. Taeyeon had let him do what he wishes. Say what he wants.

 

 

 

“Why would you do that Taeyeon – ah?” Her father’s tired voice echoes through the room.

 

 

 

Taeyeon helps herself up. Slowly crawling on the nearby wall to rest her tired back and swollen body.

 

 

 

She may have broken a couple of bones in her ribs she thoughts as a sharp pang hits every time she moves. 

 

 

 

“Why?” Jinho asks. 

 

 

 

Taeyeon finally sees him even if her vision was stilly blurry. He was standing on the other side, back facing her looking at the wide villa their family owned. 

 

 

 

“I – ahh – I needed to ..” her voice cracks. The pain was starting to take a toll on her. Also, the blood flowing out from her nose and a cut from her left brow is making it hard for her to speak. Taeyeon clears and tries again.

 

 

 

“Y-y-you know why. All these years you should know why. You left your family for all of these. You chose this pile before us! Don’t you see that you’re hurting m-more people? All the men you killed, the men you made me k-kill. Where will that leave us?” she desperately shouts. 

 

 

 

“AND YOU THINK YOU’RE SOME SORT OF GOD WHO CAN FIX IT ALL?!” he looks at her and shouts back. 

 

 

 

Taeyeon sees his eyes for the first time in months. He was afraid. Afraid of the truth, he’s afraid of his own ghost. How karma could hit him anytime soon. 

 

 

 

She notices how thin he had gotten. Fear is eating him up. His greed was the sole reason. She doesn’t see her father at all. What a changed man, he is. 

 

 

 

Taeyeon spits out blood, she’s starting to feel a difficulty in breathing.

 

 

 

“YOU’RE THE ONE WHO THINKS THAT YOU’RE A GOD. THAT YOU CAN CONTROL EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE IS JUST UNDER YOU!”

 

 

 

She continues.”You think I wanted this? All I ever wanted was somehow a normal life. A father who comes home after work. Who would take care of his wife and teach his children about school. Do you know how much Hayeon misses you?! Do you?! That after all these years she still asks why you can’t watch her recitals, why you would hit mom, why you would enroll us on countless lessons when we were kids but won’t even ask how our day went. You’re an and you don’t deserve them, us or anyone as your family.”

 

 

 

“How dare you – “ A hit has been made again.

 

 

 

Taeyeon was on a curling position again after her father had kicked her again on the stomach.

 

 

 

Oh hell she screamed. 

 

 

 

Screamed because of the pain she felt, her broken ribs getting worse. She screamed because she remembers her mother’s cries at night. Those days when her sister would get disappointed on her violin recital because she had not seen their dad on the crowd with them. She remembers when she had to move far away for a stupid degree. She hated leaving them with him. Taeyeon knows that her mother would end up getting beat up again and her sister being pressured. 

 

 

 

She screamed so much for the souls of the people he and her father had taken. How she had let him control her. How he would threaten her that he would do something to her mom and sister, how he could possibly hurt Tiffany.

 

 

 

Oh God Tiffany. She misses her so much. Taeyeon doesn’t even know what would happen to them but trusts that whatever they have right now would continue. She hopes that the girl she yearns for learns to forgive her in the future. Tiffany was the only bright hope she clung onto and if losing her was coming through then Taeyeon hopes she doesn’t get to wake up anymore. What is life without the woman she loved? 

 

 

 

She ing hopes.

 

 

 

Throwing up blood didn’t matter. Somehow she also knows that it could mean jail time. It was a sacrifice she was willing to make. She had weigh out all the possible things her father would do to her when he finds out about her plan and this situation always came out first.

 

 

 

Her getting beat up.

 

 

 

This was for all the people he hurt. For all the crushed dreams she had. It’s for GK’s future, for the wellbeing of the people who works on it. If she doesn’t do anything, countless of innocent families can get affected. Her conscience could never take that.

 

 

 

So she had to end it, had to end her father.

 

 

 

He kneels in front of her. “They were right, you are indeed smarter than me. I should have seen it coming. I’ll admit of my wrongdoings but I know that you know it’s all too late for us to reconcile ..”

 

 

 

There were faint sounds of a siren coming. Taeyeon knows her father can hear it too.

 

 

 

“.. I may have gone too far but remember I did everything for all of you –“

 

 

 

“Yes but in the end you did it for yourself.”

 

 

 

He looks away. He knew it was all too late now, the police coming by in any second finding his daughter’s wounded body with him on the other side of the room looking unharmed. He knew it was all his fault, knew that Taeyeon resented him so much he believes that his family can never really forgive him. 

 

 

 

A fall of an eagle.

 

 

 

He silently chuckles.

 

 

 

Once a man who held great power; was now the same man who is waiting in this old torture room to be picked up by the cops.

 

 

 

A loud crack was heard and suddenly uniformed personnel came rushing in flashing lights on his face. Medics came to assist his broken child, oh Taeyeon, his lovely daughter and heir. 

 

 

 

“Mr. Kim, you may remain silent until you have your lawyer with you, any word coming from you can be used against you.”

 

 

 

He heard the officer who handcuffed him. Suddenly his life flashes on him, how all of this could’ve been prevented.

 

 

 

How he could’ve been just a loving father to his family. Well too bad because life is a and now his world is crushed. He looks away when he sees his eldest being carried to the ambulance while him getting assisted on a police car. He sees Yuri, Taeyeon’s bestfriend and a newly added assets manager on their company. Next to Yuri rushing was a woman with tears on her eyes shouting Taeyeon’s name and pushing through the large crowd of medics. 

 

 

 

It was Tiffany Hwang.

 

 

 

This was the first time he sees her in person. She is very beautiful and very fitting for his child. He had heard and read countless of articles about Tiffany’s business and how the woman was a strict and sensible chairman. 

 

 

 

The woman whom he used against her daughter to do his bidding. Oh man, was he a selfish and miserable father. But then again he lost. He lost this battle and this time he no longer has his family. His men were also right, especially Leeteuk. He remembers the conversation they had five years ago.

 

 

 

“Jinho, be careful with what you’re playing.” Leeteuk tells him.
 

 

 

 

“Why? I’m not doing anything right now.”
 

 

 

 

“You know damn well what I’m talking about. One slip or one wake up call from all of the men you handle can cause you your fall.” 
 

 

 

 

“You worry too much. Now tell me, how is Taeyeon doing on her fencing classes?”
 

 

 

 

Leeteuk sighs hearing a change on Jinho’s tone. “She’s doing extremely great and is even better than her teacher. She’s a very smart kid. Highly skilled.” 
 

 

 

 

The other man nods happily after hearing it and watching Taeyeon shoot another bullseye on her gun shooting relay class.
 

 

 

 

“That’s great, she’ll replace me one day that’s why it is important for her to know all of this.”
 

 

 

 

“You’re making her go through so much Hyung, if you would ask me I think it would be good for her to cut down on some classes and let her spend time with friends.”
 

 

 

 

“She has friends on her school and extra curricular activities, how different can they be?”
 

 

 

 

“Damn lot and she’s been asking me to persuade you to let her enroll on voice lessons and to ask your permission to join the school’s theater club instead of signing on the school’s swimming team.”
 

 

 

 

“You know that won’t happen. She’s taking business on college and joining such club won’t benefit her. She should also be thankful that I’m not knocking her head off for meeting those girls after school.” 
 

 

 

 

“Hyung, let the kid have fun. Dating is part of the process of growing up and your daughter is very attractive so you shouldn’t be surprised if people are after her. Be careful, all this strictness can cause a rebel to grow on one of your kids. I know you wouldn’t want that.” 
 

 

 

 

“Rebel? Leeteuk you must be out of your mind. I can definitely control them. Trust me.”
 

 

 

 

Leeteuk just shakes his head, “You’ll never know Hyung, don’t talk like it’s the end of the world. Knowing and seeing how you groom your kids to be the smartest and well rounded individuals, they may see the world way past your vision. I’m not saying this to scare you but you know me, I’m a very frank and observant man and looking at Taeyeon right now, this kid could go way past you and may just kick you off your high horse in the future.”

 

 

 

And Leeteuk was right.

 

 

 

Taeyeon indeed came out to be smarter than him and way nicer. She has the heart for the people and his employees adored her. The board of directors loved her so much earning praise from the very first time she got seated as the head of their growing business empire. Maybe he got jealous, maybe he got greedy, maybe he forgot what his family was, maybe he forgot he had a heart, maybe his hands are the dirtiest in the world for taking those lives and ruining Taeyeon’s, her precious daughter’s life; maybe he did. But it was all too late now. They can never forgive him.

 

 

 

 Admitting his defeat, a tear escapes Jinho’s eyes for the very first time in years. 

 

 

 

Everything was his goddamn fault. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AN: Here's the real update, i uploaded the wrong chapter earlier hehe i'm just really happy about the snsd content we're getting. I hope u guys are safe, luv u :)