Hongjoong X Seonghwa

Ateez Mpreg One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yeseul, please stop,” Seonghwa admonished as he held his temple in his palm. He had a headache and it was pounding, relentless as it tortured his poor brain. He’d had it for a while now and having an overactive three year who wanted to roar and play dinosaurs at the loudest volume possible wasn’t helping it in the slightest, “Use your inside voice please.” 

“ROAR!” Yeseul interjected, pigtails bouncing and cheeks aglow. Her hands were up in the air, poised as though she had claws at the ends of her short fingers, just like a dinosaur would, “I’m a dinosaur, Mommy! You’re supposed to run away from me!” she stated the obvious because yes, Seonghwa would normally run away if he were to be chased by a dinosaur, but that wasn’t the case right now. This was his daughter who had just had lunch and a popsicle for dessert. Seonghwa believed she had deserved a treat after doing so well on behavior today, helping him clean her toys up, but now she had all the energy in the world. Yeseul wasn’t green and wasn’t a large and extinct reptile, she was a little girl in her yellow sundress covered in daisies with plentiful enthusiasm. She was the farthest thing from a scary dinosaur, "You're supposed to run!" she reiterated with hopeful eyes. 

Seonghwa chuckled, amused by her determination, “I know, but your baby sister is keeping me down at the moment,” he reminded her as his hand strayed to his round belly, carefully gliding over the area where the baby was kicking. He was thirty weeks along and was exhausted, having dealt with a bout of nausea and the repercussions with that since early in today's morning. He would usually play with her without the complaints, but parenting was hard and sometimes he needed a break especially with how pregnant he was, “She’s heavy, she's giving me grief, she’s awake, and she's making me tired,” he tried giving an excuse she would understand. There was a lot to consider with a list and Yeseul usually would leave it at that, but today she was feisty and using her big girl words. Defiance wasn't a trait she usually portrayed, but she had her days. 

“No, she’s sleeping. If babys awake Mommy would show me,” she reminded with a hand held in the air, and this was the truth. If her sister had actually been kicking, Seonghwa would have shown her by putting her hand where the kicks were concentrated. Yeseul had grown accustomed to all the tricks of pregnancy when it came to the actual baby. She was intelligent for how young she was and her vocabulary was impressive, Seonghwa and Hongjoong having done their best to teach her as much as they could, “Sister is asleep, Mommy.” 

Seonghwa chuckled under his breath. She was too smart and her determination was admirable, “Yes but she is making me tired. Growing a baby is hard, Yeseul,” this was something he had taught her many times and it was a bit of a hard concept for her even with how intelligent she was and how well she retained knowledge. She was little and Seonghwa didn’t mind repeating himself about the technicalities and physiology of pregnancy, "And you just helped Mommy clean didn't you?" he reminded, quick glance thrown around the living room. Spotless, neat, and cleared of all of his daughter’s toys. He was going through an early stage of nesting, but the house had needed a good cleaning anyway. He’d done the kitchen, the bathrooms, the sitting rooms, and lastly Yeseul’s room. It had been a lot of movement with his heavy body, "That tuckered me out, love. Mommy needs a nap." 

"But I want to play with Mommy!" Yeseul stood strong in her stance, running to grab her toy dinosaurs that sat in a basket by the wall. One fell out as she grabbed the two she wanted and Seonghwa cringed upon the sight. He had just cleaned that up, "You be the purple one!" she assigned as she held the dinosaur out for Seonghwa to take. 

Seonghwa's headache was getting stronger and he would kill for a nap. He was just waiting for Hongjoong to return from work and he could lay down for an hour or so, or as long as his baby would let him before forcing him to get up to pee. He took the dinosaur and knew there was no winning against this three-year-old, especially not with how stubborn she was and how often it was that she got what she wanted. Besides, there was no harm in playing with his own daughter when it was fun to do, this was something he loved to do, "Okay love, what's my name then?" he acquiesced with a smile, willing to play with his daughter with enthusiasm. He perched the dinosaur on his bump and waited patiently for his daughter to answer. 

"Mommy Dinosaur," Yeseul informed as though it were obvious, sass showing itself through every fiber of her being, placing her hot pink brontosaurus right next to Seonghwa's triceratops, "My dinosaur's name is Yeseul!" Seonghwa stifled a laugh, not wanting to belittle his daughter's name choice, "Our dinosaurs live on top of this mountain right here," she pointed, small finger poking right above his popped belly button. She placed her dinosaur there and it hopped out, "Such a tall mountain!" she exclaimed through her dinosaur, much to Seonghwa's dismay. The expecting mother frowned and pouted, wishing his daughter had developed a filter but instead she took after Hongjoong and how often he spoke. Yeseul spoke everything on her mind, it was just who she was. 

"Thanks, Yeseul." 

Yeseul then jumped into a narrative involving the dinosaurs' lives and it was a lot like how Seonghwa treated her. Mommy Dinosaur was kind and told dinosaur Yeseul to get dressed and ready for school. When Seonghwa asked what dinosaurs dressed in, he was promptly answered with an educated 'Shirts and shoes!' When he asked why not pants, the eye roll Yeseul delivered shocked Seonghwa but that was embedded into his chest since he knew that was all from him. Pants were evidently too uncomfortable for dinosaurs to wear. Yeseul's imagination was wonderful and Seonghwa found nothing short of joy when he heard her tell her stories. He loved his daughter with all his heart and he knew his next daughter was going to be just as wonderful. 

While in the midst of their playing, they were interrupted by Hongjoong's return home. It was around 5:20 when the front door was opening and in her excitement, Yeseul jumped from her spot in Seonghwa's occupied lap and ran towards the door with her dinosaur in hand and another stray dinosaur in the other, ready to hand off to her father. He couldn't miss out on the dinosaur family fun. 

"Daddy!" she yelled once Hongjoong was through the door. Yeseul ran as fast as her short legs could carry her, happy that her daddy had returned after a full day at work. 

Hongjoong was just as excited to see his daughter as Yeseul was excited to see him and from the living room couch where Seonghwa remained, he witnessed and choked up as the younger man broke into that award-winning smile that enchanted everyone who saw it. All straight teeth and joy as he dropped his bag and knelt down so he could envelop Yeseul in a big bear hug, arms and jacket covering her whole body as he held her close. Seonghwa's heart sang as he watched Hongjoong then pepper her rosy cheeks in an abundance of kisses, loud and exaggerated smacking noses popping off of her porcelain skin. Hongjoong's skin was very pale and she inherited that entirely from him, not like Seonghwa was any better. Hongjoong was even paler. Yeseul was so much like Hongjoong, but feature wise, she looked just like Seonghwa. 

"Hello, love! I missed you," he mused as he finally stopped all the kisses he was delivering to her small face, instead pulling away to look her in the eye to properly address her. Yeseul giggled and avoided his question to instead rub her nose into Hongjoong's cheek. This action tickled her father in the process and made him laugh in amusement, laughter ringing through the house. Yeseul showed her affection in many ways and this just happened to be one of them, "How are you, my baby?" 

"Mommy and I are playing dinosaurs!" she informed him as she handed Hongjoong the stray dinosaur she had picked up. This one was bright orange with a broken off tail, results of the love she dealt to her toys, "Your name is Daddy Dinosaur, I'm Yeseul, and Mommy is Mommy Dinosaur!" she named off, then running back to Seonghwa to continue their game, "Come here, Daddy!"

Hongjoong finally looked up to make eye contact with Seonghwa and he felt his heart stop. Seonghwa always looked beautiful when he was pregnant and the glow he had was mesmerizing and only enhanced his regular beauty. Seonghwa has always been beautiful to Hongjoong, was even more beautiful when he was pregnant with Yeseul, and is even more beautiful while pregnant with their second daughter. The only thing he spotted wrong with his husband was how tired he looked, how absolutely exhausted he appeared and how in need he was of a nap. The smile Seonghwa flashed him was tired and overworked. The most prominent symptom that Seonghwa presen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter