Her Miracle

Friday the 13th
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Dr. Kim, how's the operation?" 


Minjoo removed the disposal gloves that she just used after the surgery and throw it inside the trash bin. She looked at Hyewon who is wearing their usual hospital scrubs, her hands are on her pocket. 


"It turns out well, Dr. Kang." She said as she turn on the faucet and washed her hands. 


"No need for the formality Minjoo." Hyewon scoffed before leaning at the wall, waiting for her to finish washing her hands. Probably the older girl will tell something again. 


"Eh? You started it." She said and wiped her hands with the dry tissue before wearing her lab gown as the two of them started to walk to the hallway, meeting and smiling some of their co-doctors inside.


"Whatever, but did she call?" Hyewon asked making Minjoo stopped on her tracks but shaking her head afterwards. 


"She haven't. And it's making me anxious." Minjoo said then combed her hair using her hand before looking at Hyewon. 


"Why? You don't have to, you know that girl, probably she is just busy doing and enjoying things there." Hyewon said as they made their way to the coffee machine inside the hospital. 


"I know but it's been three days, unnie. She never failed to update me in a day, she always assures me that she is doing fine there. And for the past three days, she haven't call nor sent a message." Minjoo sighed, Hyewon nodded her head in understanding before offering her a cup of coffee that she quickly accepted. 


"She'll call soon, don't think too much. I know that puppy, she won't resist a whole week without talking to you." Hyewon said smiling widely at Minjoo, at least it makes her mind be in peace for now. 


Minjoo suddenly grinned when she saw how Hyewon's facial expression changes into a scowling one while looking at something, following her line of sight, Minjoo couldn't help to curve her lips upwards. 


"You two haven't make up yet?" Minjoo asked and she bit her lips to avoid herself from laughing when Hyewon rolled her eyes continuously. 


"Tch, she is the one who made the mistake. So, why would I be the one to apologize?" Hyewon scoffed before sipping her coffee but she is throwing daggers to her girlfriend who is busy laughing with some guy not even aware that Hyewon is killing the guy inside her mind. 


"Relationships don't always work like that. If you don't want to lose her then make a move to fix whatever fight you have, even if it's small." Minjoo said calmly making Hyewon to looked at her. 


"Can't believe I would hear words like this from you. The power of love." Hyewon chuckles but still glaring at her girlfriend.


"Eunbi-unnie! I just heard that Dr. Kang will operate someone in ten minutes, he will get a hard beating in five minutes...I guess." Minjoo shouted at the older doctor, causing Eunbi to looked at Hyewon with a confused expression but then, she rolled her eyes to the girl before walking away. 


"Follow her." Minjoo whispered and Hyewon grinned at her before following the other doctor. 


Minjoo sighed looking at her wrist watch, she still have a two hours break before doing rounds with her patients. Holding her cup of coffee before deciding to go to the rooftop of the hospital to take a breather. 


"Minjoo! We'll eat dinner. Won't you come?" She looked at Sakura, her eyes landed to the person beside her who is holding the Japanese's hands with hers. They are really good for each other, that's what she thought while looking at the couple. 


"I'll finish my coffee first at the rooftop, you can go on." Minjoo uttered and the couple nodded in the same time before leaving her. 


She continued walking and then, she met another couple who are too lovey-dovey with each other. 


"I won't fall for Yuri, she is not my type." Minjoo said making the two looked at her and Yena's eyes widened at her, 


"Look how you eat your words. You are now so inlove with Yuri." Minjoo teased and Yena's cheeks heat up while Yuri is smirking at her. 

 

"Ya Ya Ya!" Yena defended but Minjoo laughed at her before she continue walking. 


As soon as she opened the door of the rooftop the cold wind greeted her face making her breathe deeply from the calmness and serenity of the atmosphere. Walking to the railings before taking a seat on the bench that is place there as she takes in the sight of the whole city from the rooftop. 


"Is it too absurd that I missing her too much?" Minjoo muttered to herself as she looked at the girl smiling and showing her dimples at the photo, in her lockscreen, Minjoo's favorite picture of the girl. 


And just by seeing the image of the girl who holds her heart, everything came back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Don't forget that we need to attend the seminar regarding to our graduation."


The voice said from the other line, Minjoo then observed the whole place and she sighed internally seeing the large crowd along the crowd. 


"Of course I won't. I'm on my way to school, don't worry." She said in her calm voice while walking towards the sea of people waiting for a bus to their own destinations. 


"Okay, see you later." The other said, bidding goodbye before ending the call. 


Minjoo looked at her wrist watch, "7:30 am" she said nonchalantly but then...


"Wait...I am running late!" Minjoo panicked, her round eyes almost budge out seeing the time in her wrist watch, thirty minutes before her class and she needs to take a bus to her university that takes twenty five minutes of travelling, but she still needs to walk for almost ten minutes around the campus to her room. 


So, she can sense that she will be late but not that late, they have 10 minutes grace period and Minjoo knows she can still reach the class. 


"Excuse me..." Minjoo said politely as she quickened her pace along the crowd and entered the bus without any difficulty. Her eyes automatically roamed around to find an empty seat, by then, she met a pair of orbs when she looked at the back seats in the bus. Her eyes then take the visual of the girl, she is wearing a round glass and wearing the same school uniform like Minjoo. 


'She is studying in the same university. Maybe a junior.' Minjoo thought after staring at the girl not that long. She even noticed the girl gave her a soft smile showing off her cute dimples and her young face. 


But then, she quickly tear her gaze off from the stranger and walks to the empty seat, two seats away from the girl she just have an eye contact. 


"I can probably reach the class." She muttered to herself as she looked at the window pane and stared at the people passing by the road. 


And her mind started to wander, thinking of how much some people are lucky enough to choose the things that they really want and to decide for their own dreams, unlike her, she is living up at her parent's dream for her, choosing what they want for her, not what she wants for herself, so she ended up being a medical student and will be graduating in a few weeks, they are just finishing some documents to approved their graduating year. 


Minjoo sighed heavily and soon her eyes drift off to sleep as her mind wanders about her possible future that is coming for her. 

 


...

 


"Hey! You are spacing out again!" Minjoo snapped back at reality when Yena waves her had frantically at her face, she looked around and she just realized that they are now on the bus stop. 


"Oh, sorry. Was just thinking what I should do later." Minjoo said timidly and Yena just stared at her before motioning her hand to the incoming bus. 


"That's the bus on your way home. Go and just relaxed your mind we're graduating next week.." Yena said.


"Oh yes, take care! And please don't let your girlfriend go home alone!" Minjoo chuckles while looking at Yuri and Yena, she laughed especially when Yena rolled her eyes. 


"Hey! I won't fall for Yuri, she is not my type." Yena shouted and Minjoo just made a face before entering the bus. 


Her eyes roamed around the whole bus, finding her usual spot and there she saw that no one is seating there, Minjoo quickly walk and takes her seat beside the window pane, taking the sight of the people rushing to take their own bus to go home. 


Minjoo looked up when someone take the seat beside her, she frowned when the she saw the person's face, her eyes blinks in recognition seeing the girl beside her, she is wearing an earphone and her usual round glass again. 


The girl smiled at Minjoo and again, those dimples are showing, she only looked at the girl and quickly tore her gaze away outside the window. 


'Should I smile back? Though, I don't even know her. It might be awkward.' 


Minjoo thought, then she slowly looked at the girl beside her through her peripheral vision, the dimple girl is busy scrolling some music in her phone, she even saw her playlist but then she tore her gaze away, she don't want to look like a creep and weird to a stranger. 


The whole ride was quiet with Minjoo closing her eyes to take a small amount of nap while waiting for her to reach her destination and the girl beside her is just busy scrolling through her phone. 

 

 


"Why do birds suddenly appear?" 

 

 


Minjoo slowly opened her right eye and take a peak to the dimple girl beside her who just hummed a lyrics. 

 

 


"Everytime you are near." The dimple girl hummed once again while scrolling through her phone and Minjoo didn't realize that she is already staring at the random stranger and for the record, she doesn't like looking at people because it's too awkward for her but this time, she can't look away especially when the dimple girl turned to her side, looking at her intently. 

 

 


"Just like me...they long to be, close to you." 

 

 


The girl sing softly while staring at Minjoo, she then smile widely showing her best charm again, her dimples and how her eyes turn into a crescent one behind those round glass of her. 


Minjoo's eyes widened and she quickly tear her gaze away from the girl and just trailed her sight outside the window, but she can feel how her heart tugs especially when she recalls how the girl sang the song with those soft stares given at her.


She gathers her thing as she notice that she is almost at their street, waiting for the bus stop before standing up to get outside. 


Minjoo puts a blank face as she walks but she can feel the stare of the dimple girl at her as she walks outside the bus. 


"Weird." She mumbles as the bus passed by and she looked at her spot earlier, there she saw the girl looking at her before trailing at her phone again. 


By the mentioned of weird, it wasn't the girl but it can be though Minjoo is pointing at the sudden skipped inside her chest as the image of the dimple girl flashed in her mind. 

 


...

 

 

Morning came and Minjoo is now more compose unlike the last time because of the certain weird stranger. Yeah, she labeled her as weird now. 


"Won't you eat breakfast?" Her mother asked when she saw her daughter skipping to the living room to wear her shoes. 


"No, I'll just eat in the cafeteria later. I have to go mom! I'm running late!" Minjoo said, pecking her mom on the cheeks before dashing out of the house and started to run towards the bus stop.


"Gosh." Taking a look at her wrist watch and again, it's thirty minutes before the seminar for the candidates of graduates to start and here she is, still waiting for the bus to come. 


"Great!" Minjoo rejoiced when a bus stopped in front of her, she quickly entered and find her usual spot, she made her way there while wiping the sweats on her forehead. 


Sighing softly as she prayed to not get late for the seminar and just her usual hobby, staring outside the window pane to observe people at this early hour. Even if it's early, people are slowly increasing at the road to take a bus, some students and even workers.


Minjoo really loves to observe some people around her, especially when she is inside the bus, it's like her hobby to not get herself bored at the whole ride. 


"Oops. Sorry ma'am." 


She frowned when she heard a familiar voice and would it make sense if she is hoping that her guess is wrong? She slowly looked up and take a peek at the owner of the voice and it turns out it was the girl from yesterday. 


Minjoo's eyes widened while looking at the dimple girl, she is again, wearing those round glass and her earphone while apologizing to the old lady.


And it was like the universe is teasing Minjoo when it's like the world suddenly stopped especially when the dimple girl turned to her way and finally, met her eyes.


Is it the fate playing with her? Because if it is, Minjoo doesn't like it. It's too absurd to feel like this especially to the stranger that she doesn't even have any idea about her identity. 


And it's too absurd to feel how the air kicked out from her lungs and the sudden ticklish feelings inside her stomach when the girl's eyes turned into a crescent moon as her dimple shows up when she smiled at Minjoo.


Minjoo looked away quickly from the girl and focused her eyes on the window, but then she didn't know why she looked at the girl again and she caught her breath when the dimple girl is still looking at her with those tantalizing eyes. 


She can feel the heating up of her cheeks, Minjoo swears, the atmosphere inside the bus changes from cold to hot. She feel embrassed, she can be replace to flash at how she is too quick to looked away from the certain girl who keeps on pestering her mind. 

 


'Why is she smiling at me? She doesn't even know me.' 

 


Minjoo scoffed in her thought. 

 


...

 


"Oh, so you are saying that you met a weird girl yesterday?" Yena asked and Minjoo nodded her head while they are waiting at the bus stop to go home. The sun is almost setting down when the seminar finished and Minjoo couldn't be grateful when she isn't late earlier. 


"Yeah, and to tell you, I rode the bus with her at the morning and even at my way home. And this early morning, she is also at the same bus with me." Minjoo said while frowning while Yena's expression is slowly turning into amusement. 


"Oh! You two met three times already and yet you don't get to know her name?" Yena asked and it took for Minjoo not to roll her eyes.


"Yena, why would I do that? Are you crazy?" She scoffed and this time, rolled her eyes at the craziness that came from her friend's mouth. 


"Hey! I am not but I am betting, if you see two times at the future. I conclude, fate is with the two of you. You two are destined for each other." Yena said like a love guru. 


"Nonsense." Minjoo said, shaking her head. 


Yena was about to open her most but a sudden interference stopped her. 


"Ducky!!!" Both of them looked at the girl running towards their way. 


"Kwangbae!" Yena shouted and high five the girl. Minjoo could only looked at her, the girl she just saw is too unreal, she is too pretty and her visual is too bright, in short words, she is a masterpiece.


"You going home?" The named Kwangbae asked and Yena nodded her head, Minjoo is just looking at the two when finally the girl noticed her and Yena introduced her.


"Oh hey, this is my friend Kim Minjoo, and this is Kang Hyewon." Yena said and Minjoo smiled at the girl who smiled at her. 


"So you are telling me, you are also a medical student?" Hyewon asked to Minjoo who only nodded her head at her. 


"Yeah, I am graduating too." Minjoo said and Hyewon give her a high-five because they are the same too, just like with Yena. 


"What a coincidence. We are all graduating, I can't belief that I am finally finishing this medical course—oh hey! Daengdaeng!"


Minjoo smiled at Hyewon when she saw how excited the girl especially when she called someone, maybe it's her close friend. 


She looked at the direction of Hyewon's eyes to look at the person she is calling daengdaeng. 


"Hey, you okay?" Yena asked when Minjoo almost fall down but thanks to her help, she didn't. 


Minjoo's eyes widening at the sight of the incoming girl, daengdaeng, the dimple girl, when the girl came at their spot, her eyes can seen so much surprise when she saw Minjoo with her friend. 


"Oh!" She said while pointing at Minjoo, her eyes are smiling just like her lips, she seems excited and it's new to Hyewon seeing the younger like this. 


Hyewon is about to ask something but Yena intervene this time not having the idea of what is in front of her.


"Oh Minjoo! It's your bus." Yena said and Minjoo looked at the bus that stopped in front of her.


"Gotta go!" Minjoo said and bids a goodbye to her friend and Hyewon before walking quickly inside the bus leaving the three outside.


"Yujin, it's also your bus." Hyewon said and Yujin nodded her head as she made her way inside the bus. 


Minjoo sighed in frustration when she met the dimple girl's eyes who is finding a seat. And she could only facepalmed her when she realised that the girl is coming to her seat. 


"Can I? The seat are all occupied. This one is the only available." The girl said and Minjoo only nodded her head timidly before looking away. 


She saw Yena waved her hand at her with Hyewon beside her as the bus started to go on. 


"You are friends with Yena-unnie." 


She looked at the girl who talked suddenly at the middle of the whole ride. Looks like some of the passengers are sleeping because of the silence inside the bus.


"Yeah." Minjoo mutters and looked away after the girl beside her nodded her head. 


Just like that the whole ride is silent again but Minjoo can feel the breathing of the girl beside her. She shook it off before closing her eyes to take a nap. 


After a minutes of napping, she heard some humming beside her. She slowly opens her eyes, peaking at the girl beside her but then Minjoo forgot how to breathe when the girl is already staring at her. 

 

 


"And I will fall for you...if I fall for you...would you fall too?" 

 

 


The girl sang softly while looking at her eyes and this time, Minjoo can feel how her heart skipped a beat at this exact moment. The way the girl stared at her is too comfortin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter