Hit & Run

[PROTECTOR]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

HyunJin opened up her eyes to see HeeJin’s sleeping face. She smiled from ear to ear, delighted to see the girl she loved as soon as she woke up. HeeJin’s arms were still loosely wrapped around her waist under her sweater, and she absolutely adored feeling the warmth against her skin. HyunJin found herself gazing upon the sleeping girl’s, embedding every detail in her head. The way HeeJin’s eyelashes curled up perfectly into a crescent, how the bridge of her nose was impossibly straight, the way her soft cheeks were smushed up against her pillow, and somehow her messy hair laid out perfectly across the mattress. It was awhile before HeeJin fluttered her eyes open, to discover HyunJin was still gazing upon her.

 

“BreadJin, don’t be creepy.” HeeJin groaned out with a smile.

 

HyunJin giggled softly, “Well, good morning to you too.”

 

The two couldn't stop themselves from beaming at each other. Everything felt surreal; they couldn’t believe that last night happened, and even this morning when they woke up in each other's arms. They both wished every morning could begin just like this.

 

“I think it’s time to get out of bed, Heekki.” HyunJin yawned out.

 

The sleepy girl whined. “Can’t we cuddle in bed all day.” She mischievously smiled and pulled HyunJin closer to her so that she couldn’t leave the comfort of her bed.

 

HyunJin would much rather spend an entire day in the arms of the girl she loved, but they both knew that HeeJin needed to attend a couple of important meetings that day. 

 

“Don’t make me tickle you, Heekki!” The taller girl warned, her hands were up, ready to pounce.

 

“You wouldn’t dare!”

 

HyunJin took it as a challenge and easily overpowered the latter. She pinned her arms above her head with one hand and straddled over HeeJin, making sure she couldn’t wiggle out and began attacking her ticklish sides with her free hand. 

 

“Ok, Ok, Stoppp! I’ll get out of bed!” HeeJin uncontrollably laughed as she begged.

 

Laughter and giggling filled the room. HeeJin was entirely out of breath and was relieved she could finally breathe normally again. HyunJin leaned over HeeJin and grinned at her. Her face was only a few inches from the other’s and stole a quick kiss from the unexpecting girl. 

 

“Noo, that was too short.” HeeJin pouted. “One more,” she whined.

 

HyunJin grinned even wider. “Okay, Heekki.” She leaned once more and tenderly kissed her.

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

It was another morning, another day HyunJin gets to spend with HeeJin. But today was the start of something new, they both expressed their feelings, and she could only hope it will blossom into something more beautiful. She couldn’t imagine protecting someone other than HeeJin now; she could only imagine being by her side. 

 

HyunJin dressed in the uniform she always wore. An earpiece that conformed in her ear with a wire that ran down the side of her neck into the radio by her hip, a snug white button-down tucked into her pressed slim black slacks, black low cut leather boots, and her shoulder holster where she keeps her gun hidden under her kevlar bulletproof blazer. She admits to herself that being with HeeJin makes her almost forget that she is her bodyguard. But the 9mm handgun she keeps by her was a constant reminder of her duty, that her life is on the line each day, ready to give her own for HeeJin. 

 

For the girl she loves.

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

It was late afternoon, and Jungeun was enjoying the autumn weather with her friends despite being the 5th wheel. She rolled her eyes when JinSoul was nerding out about her new Gundam models. Then something caught her attention. Her roommate was just across the street from the cafe. She waved frantically, trying to get her attention. JinSoul, Yerim, and Chaewon joined in as well as soon as they traced to where Jungeun’s attention had swayed. Hyejoo lazily stuck her arm up, refusing to waste any more of her precious energy while she enjoyed her blueberry muffin.

 

It didn’t take long for the bodyguard to see her friends making fools of themselves outside in public.

 

HeeJin also took notice of the four girls frantically waving at them, and the one girl with her arm randomly up as if she had her hand raised in a classroom; she looked towards the taller girl. “Do you know them?”

 

HyunJin huffed, “Yes, unfortunately, they are my best friends. Would you mind if we stopped by to greet them?”

 

HeeJin nodded shyly. She hasn’t heard much of HyunJin’s friends. She doesn’t know anything about them, which made her nervous and anxious. Will they like her? Are they nice? Surely they were if they are HyunJin’s friends. HyunJin had already integrated well with her friends, Jiwoo and SooYoung, so she would like to do the same. But she didn’t know how to act; she always puts up a cold front with strangers, and that wouldn't leave a good impression.

 

Jungeun was pleased to see the two girls walking over to their cafe table. She knew the shy girl behind HyunJin must have been HeeJin, and she was eager to meet her. To everyone’s surprise, HeeJin looked more beautiful in person than she did in photos and on TV. Her ebony locks gracefully flowed in the autumn breeze. Her skin was glowing in the golden sunlight. She wore a heather gray overcoat that elegantly draped over her shoulders; her arms weren’t in the sleeves as they intertwined with HyunJin’s. Jungeun remembered when she apathetically teased HyunJin that they would look good as a couple. But she couldn't deny that after seeing them in person, they looked perfect for each other.

 

As soon as they arrived at their table, Jungeun jumped from her seat and gave her roommate a big hug. “HyunJinnie!” The other girls followed suit and joined the hug-fest. HeeJin awkwardly stood to the side, watching everyone embrace each other but smiled at the warmth of HyunJin’s friends.

 

After the girls separated from the bodyguard, the rest turned to HeeJin with bright smiles. HeeJin extended her arm out, expecting a handshake, but Yerim took her hand and pulled her into them, and they all hugged her. HeeJin has never felt so touched by complete strangers. 

 

“Uhm, I’m Jeon HeeJin.” She said coyly, fumbling with her fingers.

 

“I’m Choi Yerim! HyunJin is like a big sister to me! Oh, and I am also this girl’s girlfriend!” As she tugged the tall blonde next to her. 

 

The purple-haired girl was overflowing with positivity. HeeJin didn’t think there was anyone brighter than her friend Jiwoo, but she believes she found her match. Her personality was more glorious than the sun itself. Her cheeks collected into the corners of her face as she vibrantly smiled while her eyes beamed along with it. 

 

HeeJin directed her eyes towards the tall blonde, whom Yerim was clinging on. The blonde was stunning; she almost looked unreal, similar to a barbie doll. Her blonde hair fit her perfectly as if she was born with it. Her jawline was sharp and chiseled, which accentuated her long neck. She was about the same height as HyunJin, maybe a little taller. 

 

“I’m Jung JinSoul, HyunJin and I go way back! It’s nice to meet you. HyunJinnie talks about you ALL the time!” HeeJin blushed from the statement.

 

“Yah!” HyunJin could only yelp at her friend’s words.

 

Next was the short blonde, she also seemed very doll-like, but more in a cute and princessy way. Her wavy golden hair fell to her shoulders, shimmering in the sunlight, making her look like she popped out of a fairytale movie. 

 

“It’s a pleasure HeeJin, I’m Park Chaewon, and this depressing loof is my girlfriend, Son Hyejoo.” Hyejoo knocked the short blonde’s head from the comment. 

 

HeeJin was a bit intimidated by the girl dressed in all black. Her make up was dark, and her gaze was piercing, but that’s if she found you more interesting than the muffin she was eating. Her triangular-shaped lips made her look like she had a resti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter