Kiss & Tell

[PROTECTOR]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

So here we have a strange girl...more accurately the bread girl joining us for dinner tonight HeeJin thought to herself. She was still in disbelief that HyunJin called her a lesbian in front of her father...though she was right about Jiwoo. She’s been together with her current girlfriend, Sooyoung, for about four years. Sooyoung was one of the few close friends that HeeJin had, and coincidentally, she brought the two together. 

 

HeeJin was puzzled why HyunJin was here as she studied her from across the table. She didn’t notice earlier this morning because of her frustration, but after getting a good look at her, HyunJin is stunningly beautiful. She carried this natural beauty about her with black hair that was silky smooth that any light that reflected off of it turned into a glowing sheen. The face she casually wore brought a mysterious aura that surrounded her, and her large round eyes added more to that mystery. Her fair skin looked impossibly smooth and soft, and she had a fit and slender figure, you can tell she was athletic.

 

She needed to fill her curiosity. Who is this stranger in her house? Was she dad’s new secretary? Maybe some model? “Dad, why is this bread gir-- HyunJin here?”

 

Jaden stopped eating his food for a moment to answer his daughter. “Oh? Do you already know her name? Have you met?” 

 

HeeJin scoffed at the memory. “Yes, it was very brief and...sudden.” Jiwoo snickered, also remembering their encounter this morning. 

 

HyunJin sternly stood up and bowed to HeeJin. “Good evening Ms. Jeon. I apologize for the late introduction. I am Agent Kim HyunJin and starting today. I shall be your personal bodyguard. I will put my life on the line to protect you.”

 

She was caught off guard by the sudden professionalism act she carried. With the encounters she’s had with her so far, she seemed like someone that wouldn’t take anything seriously. HeeJin couldn’t tell if this was a joke or not and couldn’t believe that such a stunning beauty is her bodyguard. She irked her eyebrow at her father. “Is she being serious?”

 

Her father nodded; there were no signs of amusement; he was serious. “She is telling the truth. I selected her out of 10 other candidates deeming that she would be perfect for you as a bodyguard.”

 

HyunJin didn’t hesitate to look and respond directly to the daughter. “Please excuse my lack of experience. But I have been thoroughly trained and have excelled in everything.” 

 

HeeJin’s face only showed uncertainty. “Well, if my dad selected you, then I will have to trust in his judgment.” Trying to hide the doubt in her voice. “Also, please don’t call me Ms. Jeon, that sounds weird. You may call me HeeJin.”

 

HyunJin let out a sigh of relief and sat back down and quickly went back to devouring her food to satisfy her hunger finally.

 

Jaden noticed that HeeJin and Jiwoo were dressed rather formally. He looked over at the girls and asked. “Was there a special occasion tonight?” 

 

Jiwoo smugly nodded, her face brightened to talk about their evening. “I had my debut concert tonight, and it went so well!”

 

“Omo? Are you a singer?” Asked HyunJin as she reaches for more food.

 

HeeJin proudly looked at Jiwoo, like how an older sister would look proudly at her younger sister. “Yes! And she sings amazingly well! She is finally achieving her dreams!” Jiwoo couldn’t help but feel flattered by her friend’s words as her cheeks grew red.

 

HyunJin congratulated her. “You need to let me know when your album comes out! I’ll definitely buy it!” Jiwoo ecstatically nodded in response with her cheeks stuffed with food.
 

After dinner, the girls decided to move their conversation to the living room. Jiwoo was eager to befriend HyunJin as they waited for HeeJin. 

 

HeeJin came up to the girls with a few glasses and a bottle of dessert wine to share. The wine helped loosen them up, mainly for HeeJin and HyunJin, as they still were awkward with one another. They talked and laughed for a couple of hours. Eventually, the bottle of wine was empty.

 

“I swear, I thought you two were together, I’m so sorry for assuming you two were in a relationship.” HyunJin was embarrassed by her outburst earlier that night.

 

“It's ok. We get that a lot! It’s funny because we have kissed once, actually a few ti--” Jiwoo quickly covers as if she was surprised by her own confession.

 

Heat rushed to HeeJin’s face, and her ears were glowing a bright red. She recalls every detail of her their first kiss. She was 18, and Jiwoo was 19, and it was late at night. HeeJin offered her friend to stay at her place since it was close to the party they went to, and she didn’t want Jiwoo out alone at night. 

 

They secretly drank some wine from her father’s collection, and it only took a couple of glasses for them to get tipsy. Eventually, they ended up in HeeJin’s bed, and her room was dimly lit while their favorite ballads faintly filled the room. She wasn’t sure if it was because of the atmosphere, the late-night, the wine, or a combination of it all, but they talked about romance. They laughed and teased each other as they compared their ideal type of boy and their perfect first date. 

 

At some point, the chatter stopped, and they began to stare deeply into each other's eyes. They lay face to face under the covers; their arms enveloped the other with their legs intertwined. Minutes pass, but they didn’t utter a word nor sound. Neither of them has ever dated anyone before, and they noticed a glint of curiosity in each other's eyes. Curious to know what it was like to be with another person. Was it as glamorous and unbelievable as books and movies make it out to be? They often held hands, hugged, and at times, slept in the same bed. They never really felt anything like how books described. How you suddenly feel the fluttering of butterflies from within just by the slightest touch. How you crave and miss the warmth of an embrace how a moment without the other makes you feel empty. The only thing they haven’t done was...kiss. As if their minds were connected, they slowly leaned in, and their bodies compressed tighter together, while their eyes fluttered closed. 

 

HeeJin vividly remembers her heart racing, thumping against her chest. Her hands clenched tightly to the back of her friend’s shirt, not knowing what to expect. What would a kiss feel like? What would it taste like? She was so nervous, but she wasn’t alone, she knew her friend felt the same. Their lips lightly pressed against each other for just a moment. Jiwoo's lips were soft and supple, and she could faintly taste the mixture of her strawberry flavored lip balm and wine. They slowly pulled apart and looked at each other once more. Jiwoo held HeeJin tighter, and again they leaned in, this time with more intent and harder as if their mouths were trying to embrace the other while their tongues danced. HeeJin lost track of how long or how many times they kissed, she blamed the alcohol, but that night only left her with more questions.

 

Lost in her memory, for some reason, HeeJin could hear Jiwoo recite their first kiss...wait...she was revealing their entire secret! 

 

“Chuu!” Making Jiwoo realize she was speaking her thoughts out loud. “AH! I’m sorry Heekki!”

 

A muffled cough in the background broke the silence. All eyes turn to Jaden as he left his bedroom to retrieve a glass

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter