fin.

The simple things in life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“And I would like to personally thank Son Enterprises for this event. Nothing makes me happier than seeing people helping other people.” Kwon Yuri was holding a glass of champagne in her hand, talking to the crowd in front of her and she lift it for a cheers.

 

It was a typical Saturday night, maybe for Son Wendy yes, not for everyone else of course. An event organized by her father and she was obligated to be present, all dressed up and faking smiles. This was the lifestyle Wendy did not choose but she had no option but to live. Of course it’s something that comes with the fact that she is the daughter of the owner of the biggest technology enterprise in Korea. 

 

Son Enterprises was nothing but a small corner in her dad’s two one-room apartment thirty-two years ago, where nothing but a small laptop and a lot of codes on it existed. He started from nothing and now he had an empire. She has heard her mom’s stories and she could see the glint in her eyes while talking about it. A proud wife, she was. Even after 32 years, the love her parents had for eachother didn’t disappear and it was as if just started. Wendy admired that, the fact her father also stayed true to his vows and to his promises that if he ever builds a grand career, he will help people who have less. 

 

Wendy was striving for such love as her parents, someone to look her like she is their whole world but the most relationship she had ended with her realizing they don’t love her, but her bank account instead, so at one point she just gave up. Her father had the luck to find love before money and she was envious of that. However Son Wendy devoted herself to work and finding places that could use some help.

 

Exactly why she was here right now, bored out of her mind after 7 speeches with the same content. She was on her third glass of champagne and probably on the fifth guy she rejected.

 

“Quite boring, isn’t it?” Wendy heard a melodic voice from behind her and turned around to look at the person.

 

A beautiful girl, dressed in simple black pants and a black blouse, holding a champagne was standing there. Wendy won’t lie saying she hasn’t seen the girl around, of course she did. That girl possessed an aura that made people turn heads without doing anything and without  wearing anything flashy on top of it all.

 

Wendy laughed. “They all said the same things with a different use of words about it.” The girl came close to her, standing just next to Wendy, their shoulders almost touching.

 

“It’s been two hours and I don’t know if I want to leave because it’s that boring or stay because the gesture itself it’s huge and we are all thankful.” The girl smiled, looking ahead. “So here I am, drinking expensive champagne and listening to words I barely understand.” 

 

Wendy laughed once again, turning to the girl, leaving a little on the table, curiosity evident in her eyes. “Is that the first time you attend such event?” She asked

 

The girl turned to look her in the eyes and nodded. “And probably the last.” 

 

“Why so?” Wendy asked.

 

The girl shrugged. “This isn’t my world. The fancy, expensive dressed and expensive champagnes and pretentious people, thinking they’re better than you.” She turned back to the stage where now another person was giving a speech. “I like simple things, I guess.”

 

Wendy’s curiosity doubled. She strived to find someone who she can talk to about normal things, things that don’t involve business, and she had no one to do so with. All her friends were the same caliber as her, rich and bit snobby..

 

“I would like to know more about simple things in life.” Wendy replied. 

 

The girl turned around to look at Wendy quite confused. “What is your name?”

 

Wendy laughed. “Son Wendy, daughter of Son Seunghoo, owner of Son enterprises.” She saw the girl’s eye bulge out but she continued. “and what is yours?” Wendy gave her full attention to the stranger.

 

“Bae Joohyun.” 

 

Wendy smiled, lifting her glass of champagne. “Bae Joohyun, I would like for you to show me the simple things in life.” And then she drank from her glass, her eyes never leaving the girl next to her.

 

-

 

‘Are you sure you want to go to the park with me?’ - Wendy

 

Joohyun stared at the message and she didn’t really know how to reply. It was a week after the charity event and and the end of the night, Son Wendy asked for her number. It felt surreal. Joohyun was nervous. She have heard a lot about Son Wendy but she never really cared to check up on her so here she was now, in this absolutely ridiculous situation of not knowing what to do.

 

Son Wendy was from a different kind, she was from a different class, yet here she was, asking Joohyun if she is sure she wants to go out with her, not the other way around.

 

Taking her phone, she started typing. ‘Shouldn’t I be the one asking this?’ 

 

She received a message almost instantly, as if the girl has been waiting for her reply. 

‘No, love. I should. Because going out for me is not as simple as it sounds.’ - Wendy

 

Before Joohyun can reply, another message came in. ‘Send me your address and I’ll be there tomorrow at 10am. Is that okay?’ - Wendy

 

Joohyun felt nervous but she replied with her address and a yes. How will this one go? How did she even get wrapped up in such a situation in the first place? If she knew the person she was talking to was Son Wendy herself she would never even start a conversation.

 

-

 

“And this is exactly why I asked you if you’re sure about this.” 

 

Wendy and Joohyun were walking down the park when suddenly people started taking their phones out to take videos, slowly following them.

 

Wendy came to her at apartment five minutes before 10am this morning and when Joohyun opened the door, she saw a completely different girl from the one at the charity event. While that night Wendy had worn an elegant dress with many, probably very expensive, accessories, now she was dressed in a simple black hoodie with blue jeans and black sneakers, a blue fanny pack around her waist. It was simple outfit, every detail matching and it looked casual enough. The baseball cap that was on the girls head and the her parted in two and braided hair that she was rocking made her extremely cute. She looked quite short too.

 

“I’m early, sorry about that. If you need time to finish getting ready, I can wait for you here.” She smiled, the tone of her voice completely different from that night too.

 

Joohyun shook her head. She was ready by now, all she needed to do was to put her shoes. While Joohyun loved simplicity, she did kind of try to make herself more presentable this time around but to still keep it casual. White hoodie, black jeans and black runners and not forgetting her specs, she was kind of blind without them.

 

Taking her keys and her small backpack, she smiled at Wendy who was patiently waiting next to the open door. “Okay let’s go!” 

 

And here there were now. In this new to Joohyun situation. Of course she was used to unwanted attention from people, many disturbing her, cutting her lunches or walks short with trying to hit on her, but this was different. This attention was bigger, it was kind of suffocating so she lowered her head and put her hands in her hoodie’s pockets. 

 

Feeling a hand on her shoulder before a voice spoke. “I’m sorry about this. Don’t mind it and soon they will disappear, they just want a photo to brag to their friends about seeing me.” Wendy humored. ‘She must be used to this’ Joohyun thought and then nodded.

 

Couple of minutes after, Wendy chuckled and then spoke up. “As a kid I used to try doing these things a lot. Going out, without bodyguards and all. One time it was so bad because the crowd almost suffocated me by literally swallowing me up. Since then my dad doesn’t allow me to go out without a bodyguard.”

 

Joohyun looked up. “How are you here now then?”

 

Wendy shrugged, looking ahead as they kept walking. “He doesn’t know. I also paid the bodyguard double for today so he leaves me alone”

 

Joohyun stopped. “Why?”

 

Wendy stopped couple of meters ahead of Joohyun and took a second before she turned around to look straight into Joohyun’s eyes. “Because I want you to show me the simple things in life, Bae Joohyun.” And then just like that she smiled and turned around, continuing her walk. “Are you coming, Bae Joohyun?”

 

Joohyun blinked, surprised and stunned at the same time and she picked up her walk, reaching Wendy soon after.

 

“Why do you always say my full name? It can be just Joohyun, you know?” She said

 

Wendy chuckled and shook her head. “I love your name, Bae Joohyun. So why not calling you by it every time I can?” She smiled and Joohyun just didn’t know what to do so she just nodded and kept walking ahead.

 

Joohyun realized with time she didn’t feel that bothered by the phones pointing at her anymore. 

 

“You might find many photos of yourself on the internet later. A lot of news reports too.” Wendy said. 

 

Joohyun just shrugged. “I don’t use the internet much anyways.” Wendy nodded.  “I know this cafe nearby. Someone I used to talk to works there and they make great hot chocolate, do you want to go there? It’s getting quite chilly.” She continued.

 

Wendy noticed the past tense used but did not dare to ask. “I could use a cup of hot chocolate to be honest.”

 

“Amazing. I hope you like carrot cake too, they make the best one.” And Joohyun was smiling at her, walking excitedly, almost childlike and now talking animatedly about the charity night and how it all lead to it.

 

 

-

 

Honestly, Wendy never thought she will have the chance to sit at a coffee shop and drink a coffee like normal people. She wasn’t a normal person anyways. At least not to others. She thought of herself as pretty average person.

 

However, here she was, sitting next to the window, Joohyun before her and two cups with hot choco on the table between them. It was a very bizarre situation in Wendy’s eyes because she was used to fancy restaurants and expensive coffee shops. Not these warm, almost homey-like cafes with a lot of couples and teenagers that talked animatedly as clients. She couldn’t bring herself to say she doesn’t like it, because it will simply be a lie. 

 

“It’s a place I haven’t visited in a while.” Joohyun spoke up, lifting her cup to drink. She leaned a little, as if what she was about to say was a huge secret. “Do you see the bartender?” She asked and Wendy diverted her eyes subtly to look at the girl at the counter, with a cute eye smile and a warm aura around her. Wendy nodded and diverted her eyes back to look at Joohyun. “That’s Seulgi. We used to date couple of years back.” Joohyun leaned back, sighting. 

 

“Did it end bad or something?” Wendy dared to ask, curious. She didn’t peg the girl before her as someone who would date girls but she didn’t mind either. As they say ‘Never judge a book by it’s cover.’

 

Joohyun shook her head. “It ended with mutual understanding. The love we had for eachother faded away. I guess it wasn’t one of these loves that last forever.” She shrugged. “It was just awkward for me to come after that. It’s where we met and after the break up it felt weird when we tried to talk. So I stopped coming. I guess it’s been a while since I’ve come here.” She smiled.

 

“And why did you choose to bring me here, Bae Joohyun?” Wendy quirked her eyebrow, curious.

 

“Because you want me to show you the simple things in life, don’t you?” Wendy nodded and Joohyun continued. “Have you ever been in a relationship, Wendy? She asked. Wendy looked skeptical where the conversation is going but nodded anyways. Joohyun smiled. “And have gotten your heart broken by someone you really treasure?” Another nod. “Have you tried reconcile things with them with time?” This time a shake of the head was the response. Wendy could never, those people wanted her money only.

 

“I never did too, but I really haven’t been in many relationships to start with” Joohyun laughed. “My mom used to tell me, that if I ever find a lover who treasures me and cares for me even after the break up, they deserve a second chance.” Wendy lifted her eyebrow. “As my friend.” She laughed. “I’ve heard from common friends she have asked about me and was worried about my well being, so why not take a simple step ahead and reconcile with her? She is a great person after all.” 

 

Wendy just tiled her head, clearly confused. “I don’t understand, Bae Joohyun?!” 

 

“A simple step ahead, forgetting the past and looking for a better future. Someone you had an argument with, someone you stopped talking to, someone you miss.. take a simple chance and try to reconnect with them. We wake up every day with a chance of making things better.” Joohyun smiled

 

It did sound simple but Wendy didn’t think it was in her case. “My relationships never ended on a good note.” She explained, getting Joohyun’s full attention. “It’s hard to find someone who loves you for you when you’re the daughter of one of the richest people in Korea.” She sighned. “People tend to use you, wanting nothing but your money or to crawl themselves to my father.” 

 

Joohyun’s eyes softened. “If it makes you feel better, even we, not so rich people, tend to go through this.” She smiled reassuringly, drinking her hot choco. “There used to be this guy, Jinyoung.” She cringed at the name. “People called him IN for some reason. When I first started work at the school, he was extremely nice to me and was an amazing friend. He didn’t try to be anything more so I assumed I finally found someone who wants to be my friend more than to be with me. Turns out he was just trying to win my trust before trying his moves.” Joohyun signed. “You are often seen as someone’s daughter and a chance for better life and I’m often seen as a pretty face and nothing more.”

 

Wendy was impressed. Of course, Bae Joohyun was exceptionally beautiful but the way she could see the hurt in her eyes, she realized that the two of them have a lot more common than she initially though.

 

“Well, you are an exquisite woman, Bae Joohyun, that much everyone who can see, can say” Wendy stated “but more than anything I am interested in the way your mind works.” She smiled, a smile Joohyun had not seen till now. One that was far more reassuring, trustworthy and beautiful. “I think you and I have a lot more in common than we both though we have.” Wendy leaned on the table, her head being supported by her hands. “And it’s the start of a great friendship.”

 

 

-

 

‘What is the plan for next weekend, Bae Joohyun?’ - Wendy

 

Joohyun had just gotten out of the bathroom, still with her towel wrapped around her body when she received the message. It’s been an hour of them separating with Wendy dropping off Joohyun right in front of her door, saying ‘I picked you up from here so I should also accompany you to here. It’s only right, Bae Joohyun.’ And then smiled at her before saying her goodbye and leaving. There was something about the way that she always called her by her full name that made Joohyun giddy.

 

She took her phone, her fingers typing an answer. ‘Who said I’m free next weekend?’ She decided to joke a little.

 

She immediately saw the ‘read’ text under her message and the three dots that appeared, indicating Wendy was typing.

 

‘You aren’t? My apologies, Bae Joohyun! When are you free next then?’  - Wendy

 

Joohyun smiled, sitting on her bed before replying. 

 

‘Saturday, same time as today. I won’t tell you the plan.’

 

She sent it and a minute after a call came by, Wendy’s name written as the caller. She picked up immediately.

 

‘How come you aren’t telling me the plan, Bae Joohyun?'

 

Joohyun laughed. “You’re too eager, Wendy!” 

 

She heard some muffling from the other line before Wendy spoke again. ‘I just want to know if you have thought of something.’

 

Joohyun hummed. She made the “mmmm” sound, faking thinking before she replied. “I might have” she stopped “but I might have not.”

 

A groan. Wendy really groaned, making Joohyun laugh. “Anyways Wendy, I need to go. I have to get dressed and I promised Seulgi to text her, remember?” 

 

‘Bae Joohyun, are you bored of me already?’ Wendy gasped.

 

Joohyun didn’t know the woman can be that playful. “Let me get dressed, talk to Seulgi and I will call you after, how does this sound?” Joohyun laughed.

 

‘I’ll be waiting then, Bae Joohyun. Have a good time.’ And then Wendy cut the line without giving a chance to Joohyun to say something.

 

-

 

‘So you still won’t tell me what the plan is, really Bae Joohyun?’

 

It was a Friday night and Joohyun was in her bed, holding her phone while facetiming with Wendy. The calls turned into facetime throughout the week and here they were now, a day before they meet again, talking about everything and nothing at all.

 

Truth is, everyone saw the news of Wendy going on a long walk in the park with a mysterious girl to a point even her mom called her, immediately recognizing her, to pester about the details. Joohyun didn’t care much so she just swiftly swirled the questions. Wendy and her were just starting as friends and she was annoyed at people’s assumptions.

 

“No, Wendy, I won’t! Just dress up casually again. I promise you it’s nothing big.” Joohyun rolled her eyes at the girl, starring at the camera. Wendy was stripped out of her usual make up, her hair in a messy bun and she was in her bed too. She looked extremely beautiful and raw, something Joohyun wasn’t used to. 

 

A little silence where Joohyun could see Wendy looking at her through the phone. 

 

‘You’re really beautiful, did you know that, Bae Joohyun?’ and yes, Joohyun have heard that same statement so many times but hearing it from Wendy felt different. It ignited something in her, a spark she could feel, her heart picking up it’s beat. She smiled lazily at Wendy, who continued speaking . ‘And I know probably many more people have told you that exact same statement but just seeing you right now, with your messy hair and no make up, you look exactly the same as last week when I saw you at that charity event in your school. It’s like no matter what you wear or what hour it is, you look beautiful.’ Wendy breathed before finishing up. ‘Like God took it’s time with you.’ 

 

Joohyun felt shy. She didn’t know if Wendy was into girls or she was just nice like that but at the end, she was extremely good with words and it made Joohyun blush. Before she can reply though, Wendy had realized what she had said and the girl quickly scrambled out of the video chat with a quick ‘See you tomorrow, Bae Joohyun, goodnight.’ And ending the video chat. Leaving Joohyun with her thoughts.

 

‘Son Wendy I hope you’re not playing with me.’

 

-

 

Joohyun heard a soft knock on her door and went to open it. Son Wendy was sitting in front of her, wearing a big smile on her face. As she promised, she was dressed casually, black sweatpants, creamy hoodie and a black bucket hat on her head, she was sporting another fanny bag and it was matching her sneakers. She was far more than casual and Joohyun felt underdressed.

 

“You look good, Bae Joohyun.” Wendy smiled. “Make sure you get a jacket, it’s little chilly outside.” She pointed out. 

 

Joohyun was wearing black leather jeans, black boots and blue shirt. She did intend to take her leather jacket with herself.

 

“You look very chic today, makes me wonder where are we going.” Wendy tried.

 

“Cheeky, Wendy, but I’m still not telling you!” Joohyun smiled and took her keys before closing the door behind them. Wendy whined but didn’t protest.

 

Outside the apartment building was parked a very expensive car and Joohyun knew it was Wendy’s because it screamed ‘rich’.

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you, I came here by myself. After the articles came out from last time my dad sat me in his office and I went through three hours interrogation. So here we are.” She stretched her hands in a weak attempt of a joke.

 

Joohyun looked at her and stretched her hand.  “Give me the keys then.” She smiled cheekily.

 

“What?” Wendy looked surprised, her hands falling limply to her side.

 

“The keys.” Joohyun wiggled her fingers. “You ambushed me and I know it’s just so you find where we are going, so I’m driving today.” 

 

Wendy shook her head. “Nu-uh. Can you even drive?”

 

Joohyun looked at her. “Of course.”

 

Wendy looked skeptical but asked anyways. “Can you drive such a car?” to which she received an offended look and a more demanding ‘the keys’ so she just sighned and dug up in her fanny pack for them.

 

Joohyun smiled, knowing she won and took the keys, leading the way.

 

“Be careful, Wanda is important to me!” Wendy said once they entered the car.

 

“You named your blue Audi Wanda?” Joohyun turned around, a ghost of a smile on her face.

 

“Yes I did. That is the first car I bought myself.”

 

Joohyun rolled her eyes. “How many cars do you even own?”

 

Wendy thought for couple of seconds, counting on her fingers, leaving Joohyun in shock even before the answer had come. “Eight? If I’m counting the ones I own exclusively, fourteen with the ones I use only for work related things.” They climbed into the car. 

 

“Holy moly, this is unnecessary.” Joohyun gasped before putting the keys into the ignition. “Next thing I know you have a private jet or something.” she mumbled, starting the car.

 

“I do, in fact.” Wendy laughed. “I don’t use it much but I do have one.” 

 

Joohyun signed before she reversed the car and got out of the parking lot. “So unnecessary.”  to which she received a heart-laugh from Wendy.

 

-

 

“A thrift shop?” Was all Wendy could say while she was staring at the shop from the front glass of her car.

 

Joohyun nodded excitedly while gawking at the girl’s reaction, laughing at Wendy’s dumbfound face. “A friend of mine owns the shop and at first I used to just drop by and give clothes I don’t wear but now I come by and spend the day helping her, meeting people and hearing their stories.” She explained.

 

“Joohyun.” Wendy laughed nervously. 

 

“You aren’t worried about your imagine are you?” The older girl squinted her eyes.

 

Wendy immediately turned her head to look at her company before shaking her head. “What? It’s not that!” 

 

Joohyun titled her head, confused. “Why do you seem nervous then?” 

 

Wendy exhaled loudly. “What if people there don’t like me? I’m portrayed as a rich snob with huge ego, I’m sure they’d think I’m just pitying them or something.”

 

At the response she heard, Joohyun’s eyes softened and her hand reached to take Wendy’s. “Don’t be silly. You’re great. And I did my research about you and you’re portrayed as a smart cookie, miss 3.94 GPA in school.” She nudged the girl in the seat next to her, drawing a small smile from her. “C’mon, I’m sure the fact you’re here will help the shop in a very needed way. Next time we can even bring clothes?” Joohyun asked. At the excited nod from the girl, she smiled and laughed. “Now shall we go, you portrayed that shop as some scary place.” and the both girls laughed again before leaving the car.

 

Upon entering the thrift shop, Wendy felt weird. Seconds later a small woman emerged from behind the cash stand, a huge smile on her face.

 

“Joohyun-ah!” She extended her arms and engulfed the girl next to her in a big bear hug.

 

Joohyun laughed, before patting the girls back and replying. “Youngsun-ah, you act like we haven’t seen eachother in years.”

 

Separating from her friend, the small girl shook her head. “It’s been two weeks!”

 

A head shake before Joohyun turned to Wendy who has been watching the exchange awkwardly, not knowing what to do. “As I said, I will bring a friend today.” She gestured to the sporty girl next to her who toon her hand out of her pocket and waved. “This is..”

 

“Son Wendy!” Yongsun cut off Joohyun, gasping. “I know who she is.” Yongsun smiled widely. “I’m a fan, Miss Son!” She extanded her hand for a handshake. 

 

“Please, Wendy.” Wendy smiled, a little bit more warmly at this. 

 

“I’ve seen you and Wendy on the news.” She turned to Joohyun after the handshake. “I was surprised someone like you is hanging out with her.”

 

Joohyun quirked an eyebrow. “What is that supposed to mean.”

 

“Nothing.” Yongsun smirked before turning to Wendy, leaving Joohyun confused. “Are you here to help? We have a sale today from 12pm till 4pm and we expect a lot of people.”

 

Wendy nodded. “I could have brought some clothes or something if someone” she looked with slick eyes at Joohyun “have told me where we are going.” 

 

Yongsun laughed. “That’s Joohyun for all of us.” She patted her friend. “However, a lot of poor people come for a scrap of cheap clothes to put on their children, maybe you can enjoy talking to them.”

 

-

 

“Aren’t you the famous Son Wendy, Son Enterprises next CEO?” yet another customer asked Wendy while she was showing some really good clothes. The teenage girl looked at her, full of anticipation for the answer. Wendy sighned and smiled a little.

 

“Indeed I am.” 

 

The girl’s ears perked up. “I’m Yeri!” She approached Wendy, the clothes she used to hold, long forgotten in a stand next to theirs. “I’m studying really hard so I can work for your company one day!” She smiled. “Miss Wendy, I’m a huge fan! I love technology and everything related to it and the things your company invented absolutely blew my mind!”

 

Wendy smiled. This girl looked extremely excited and you could see the glint in her eyes while talking about inventions she probably could only see on pictures.

 

“Nice to meet you, Yeri!” She smiled at the girl that was almost her height. “Shouldn’t you be buying clothes? Someone will steal it from you!” She pointed at the bunch of clothes the girl previously held.

 

It was currently 2pm and the thrift shop was overflowing with people looking for something to grab. It was a lot of work, Wendy will admit that, but she heard such heartbreaking stories during only two hours, she probably teared more times than through all here life.

 

Yeri turned around and her eyes suddenly lost it’s spark. “Oh yeah. I can’t afford these anyways.” She turned around and smiled weakly at Wendy. “I’m saving up for this high tech laptop.” Wendy quirked an eyebrow smile as she nodded at some customer. She looked at the girl’s attire which looked worn out and her shoes had holes in them. 

 

“Do you want to stay and hang around with me and my friends?” Wendy smiled at the girl, pointing behind herself with a thumb. “We can use an extra hand around here and I’d like some company cause these two ditched me.” Yeri’s eyes returned and she nodded eagerly. “C’mon go ahead, I’ll be there in a second!” She winked to the younger girl before going behind her, secretly taking the clothes she saw Yeri holding before and pitting them in a drawer.

 

Approaching the girl that was standing awkwardly far from her friends, she patter her back, pushing her further close to then. “Guys, let me introduce you to Yeri, Yeri those are my friends,Joohyun” she pointed at the raiven beauty “and that’s Yongsun, the shop owner.”

 

Yeri shook hands with Yongsun first before looking at Joohyun, titling her head. “I know you.” she smiled. 

 

“She has been all over the news these days.” Yongsun teased but Yeri shook her head.

 

“No, no.” she shook hands with Joohyun after that, before speaking. “She is a teacher in our school.” And then Yeri bowed.

 

Joohyun’s eyes shined. “You go to Gwangchu High School?” she smiled.

 

Yeri nodded. “I’m last year, that’s why you don’t know me. I’ve seen you around the first year halls.” 

 

Wendy wrapped a hand over Yeri’s shoulder, smiling brightly. “That’s amazing. Yeri here is studying hard to snatch an amazing technology scholarship and join our company. She is a fan of mine!” Wendy smiled cheekily. “However, she said she will help around the shop, so..” the future CEO looked at Yongsun pointedly. “show her around?” she smiled.

 

Yongsun wasn’t dumb. She knew what exactly Wendy implied with that look so she just shook her head before stretching her hand, offering it to Yeri. “C’mon, let me show you the backstore!”

 

Once Yeri and Yongsun left,  Joohyun looked at Wendy and smiled. “I can see you getting attached to this one.” 

 

Wendy just laughed, before turning around to go back to helping people. “I can see that happening, too.”

 

-

 

“This was success!” Yongsun hugged Wendy and Joohyun, clapping. “People learned that you’re here and came in flocks, wanting to help or donate too!” 

 

Yeri who was behind her, smiled. “Wendy unnie, I hope I can make an impact like you are doing, one day!” 

 

The named girl laughed before she snapped her fingers, as if remembering something. “I have something for you!” She pointed at Yeri and went to the counter, taking out a bag, walking up to Yeri with a smile on your face. “Just for encouragement so you can study harder!” She passed the bag to the young girl, eyeing Joohyun next to her.

 

Yeri, confused as ever, looked in the bag, her eyes growing wide. She shook her head, trying to return the bag. “Unnie! No, it’s okay you really didn’t have to! Youngsun unnie payed me already!” and she pushed the bag, trying to return it. 

 

Wendy smiled. “This is from all three of us, as a thank you for helping us. I saw you holding them and I knew you want to buy them. It’s okay..” Wendy leaned closer to the girl, whispering. “I put my number in there so if you ever wanna visit Son Enterprises and look around you can call me.” And before Wendy had finished, she was engulfed in a bear hug by the younger girl, who was thanking her profusely.

 

“Thank you, unnie! Thank you!” and Wendy didn’t know what to do, for she was not used to people hugging her, so she just patted the girls back awkwardly and heard the two companions next to them laughing. <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter