Guardians of Shalimaar

Where the Magic Happens
Please log in to read the full chapter

Once known as The Emperor's Men (TEM) on AFF. This was (is) my only China line story.

My readers labelled this as a wuxia style story. It was that too until Shalimaar came along. Around the time of TEM I never named the empire because I didn't want to lol. The first thing I did when I was planning a novel was plan the empire of Shalimaar with its customs, cultures etc. It sounds pretty boring but honestly I freaked out more than once when I got stuck on ideas.

The other thing that made me panic was trying to name (and remember) all of my characters. There's over 100 of them. I did this by filling out a spreadsheet of old and new names.

Mostly revolving around friendship between the boys. Prince Luhan (now Mikal), the son of a concubine lives a miserable life at the palace. His family wasn't always kind to him save his father, mother and brother. With his parents gone and his brother getting sick, he relies on his friend Kris (Kourosh) the most.

Our Prince relies on Tao (Tethra) and Yixing (Vahid) too but they're not at the palace like Kris (Kourosh) is. It's just easier to communicate with the person beside you.

Doesn't mean Tao (Tethra) and Yixing (Vahid) aren't the best of friends. They're crude. They fight a lot, like brothers. They fight over almost everything. At first you think they hate each other, but really, that's how they show affection in the how dare you hit him, only I'm allowed to do that way. They even fight over girls I that I am your best friend, how dare you spend less time with me and give your girl more attention way. They're a mess lol.

Kris (Kourosh), Tao (Tethra) and Yixing (Vahid) are the original Guardians. The name was given to them by Emperor Nur. What the hell was he thinking when he gave them that title? Had he already decided that his sons friends would fight to save Shalimaar? Or were they merely Guardians for his son Luhan (Mikal)? Hm...

Where do the girls come in in this? After all the story is a good 58 chapters so we're bound to see some romance. The boys aren't priests. They're young healthy men. My girls in TEM were EXID members plus Krystal (how can she not

Please log in to read the full chapter