🌊・사 || Four・🌊

Sea || Taehyung x Reader

She sits in beauty like the night, the fragrance of flying butterflies and flowers.

Tonight's sky was a special kind of blackness, the kind that wants only to hold the stars and help them to shine all the brighter.

(Y/N) was sitting silently, alone on the shore as she dug her bare feet into the damp sand, and curling her toes. Soft velvety sky above, sharp stones underfoot and the translucent cotton clouds caressed with reflected moonlight. The lacy waves of the ocean echoed in the air, the cool breeze blew away tension.

The shore was a graceful arc of sand, glittering under the moon. The waves rolled in with a soothing sound, the salty water a brief flurry of sand.

(Y/N)'s eyes would trace figures and patterns onto the water, she would begin to create water from her palms to add extra details. But her peaceful moment was interrupted by an airy voice behind her.

"Do you enjoy that mortal's company more than mine?"

She barely gave a reaction to the familiar, soothing voice that had suddenly spoke. (Y/N) turned her head to look over her shoulder, and she stared at the owner of the voice.

"Why have you not killed him yet?"

"Why are you here, Jimin?" (Y/N) sighed, resting her head against her right shoulder.

"Well come on now love, are you no longer pleased with my presence?" Jimin pouted. "Do you find yourself enjoying that mortal's company more than mine now?"

(Y/N) remained silent.

"You should let me have him." Jimim continued.

"No, you've eaten enough today, look at you. Not a single cell on your body is missing."

"I know, I look good, don't I?"

He did look good, that she could not deny. 

His soft hair was (color), which was thick and lustrous. Healthy. His big eyes were a mesmerising light caramel, a glittering gold, flecks of silvery light performed ballet throughout. Jimin's lips were like soft pillows. They were a peachy pink shade, glossy and plump. His seemingly innocent face was strong and defined. A prominent jaw curved gracefully around and the strength of his neck showed in the twining cords of muscle that shaped his entire slender body; strong arms, bold thighs and calves, a firm chest and abdomen.

Such a shame the crepe pink and white fabrics didn't allow her to fully view his form. Red and white flowers liter and wrap around and near Jimin's neck; as if the short green steams were growing from the lose, crepe pink long sleeve that draped over him.

His exposed fair skin seemed to have the lightest shade of baby pink and blue glitter. He sparkled in the blue moonlight.

"Yes," (Y/N) simply responded as she lifts her head up from her shoulder. "You look very alluring. Dangerous, even."

"That is what I am." Jimin shrugged before sitting down beside (Y/N) on the sand, leaving behind pink sparkles with his movements.

"What is the point of your gluttony, anyways?" (Y/N) asked, turning her head to look into Jimin's sparkling eyes. "You're at your final state, so why continue to eat? Not to mention..it is quite repulsive to watch."

(Y/N) felt herself cringe at the thought.

She had only see Jimin eat a couple times and if she had to describe it in a single word, she would pick the word; Terrifying.

Jimin quite literally the life out of living things.

He'd approach the creatures as if he were going to plant a soft, innocent kiss on their lips. But instead of proceeding with a kiss, he would take advantage of the creature's being off guard and would latch on onto the skin around their mouth.

His teeth would peirce and hook into their skin before he would inhale for some period of time. He would the soul right out of the creature.

The process looked painful on the prey's part.

Blood would drip from the deep wounds Jimin would inflict onto them with his teeth, and they would struggle, fight, twist and turn; anything to try to push Jimin away. But as they struggled, their bodies would become more and more emaciated.

When Jimin was done, he pulls away with a large gulp of oxygen. The body of his prey would be nothing but a discolored, shriveled skeleton. Or if Jimin was greedy, their bodies would just turn to dust. Jimin would look more like a pretty person when he finished his meal, but that all truly depended on what he killed to see how fast or slow the process would be for him to evolve.

He tends to take the lost souls of the sea, and mermaids. Preferably female mermaids, only because everything about them is more youthful and pretty. Soft pretty skin that never aged, soft pretty hair that never grew dull, pretty eyes that always sparkled, that never lost its unique colors.

His favorite source of food however, would be humans. Even though he rarely gets the chance to interact with one, something about their soul is just..so, so very different.

More refreshing, more tingles on his tongue, and best of all he received quicker and longer lasting results on his appearance if he took a human's soul.

(Y/N) often questioned Jimin's overall existence. Everything was created and put onto this Earth for a reason, but what was Jimin's purpose? What's the point of him wanting to look complete? He lives to eat, and nothing more.

She isn't even sure what exactly Jimin is, perhaps a demon in disguise? His ethereal looks are absolutely breathtaking, no pun intended, his voice is light, velvety sweet and seductive. Jimin looked like an innocent fairy, a kind angel eager to help and protect you from evil, though he is the true evil. Despite all of his looks and acts, he seems to be nothing but a cannibalistic male witch! He's a trickster, he's plain dangerous.

She never understood why he was the way he was.

Now that (Y/N) thought about everything, she was relieved to have found Taehyung before Jimin did. She couldn't imagine such a sweetheart to suffer, then die in such a way.

"Do your friend a favor?"

"Jimin he stumbled in my territory, therefore he is mine and you cannot have him no matter what." She said while rolling her eyes and turning away from him.

"Fair point I suppose.." Jimin mumbled. "Are you going to kill him?"

"No."

"Why not? He's just a human, there's nothing special about him, nothing at all! He serves you zero benefit," He huffed out of frustration. "Unless you make him your servant? It wouldn't be a difficult task, he'll surely fall to his knees within seconds."

"I'm not enslaving him," (Y/N) scoffed, dismissing Jimin's suggestion. "I have no purpose to keep him. Besides, he's taught me many things! And he's very kind."

"You've just said if yourself, you have no purpose to keep him!" Jimin exclaimed. "Let me have him, then!"

"I'm only having him stay until his body recovers and until he has a way to return home," (Y/N) explained softly. "Taehyung is leaving this place, alive."

Jimin bit down on the tip of his tongue when he heard the tone of (Y/N)'s voice change to hard and stern.

The two didn't exchange any further words.

(Y/N) went back to looking and focusing on the waves that overlapped each other. She drew different kinds of shapes and symbols with her eyes, and the water mimicked whatever she drew.

The control she had entertained Jimin.

"You said that he has taught you things..?" Jimin spoke as his orbs trail over the pretty patterns (Y/N) was creating. "Like what? Enlighten me."

Her face instantly brightened, her lovely (s/c) skin shone more the nights pale sun.

"He taught me about things like flavors. He even taught me things that are common where he is from; such as rules and clothing," She listed. "But what I favored the most was when he taught me about what emotions were."

"Ah, I've heard that word before!" Jimin nodded. "I know humans are very emotional creatures, but I'm not aware what it fully means."

"There are many emotions that they can feel. He only listed a few though..like sadness, anger, shame, happiness..ah, I forgot the others."

"What did he say sadness felt like?"

(Y/N) squints her eyes as she tried to think back to what Taehyung had exactly said, but she couldn't really remember.

"To put it in short, he described it as feeling often lonely, he said that your body aches, especially your heart," She tried to explain. "Numbing, even. There are different types of sadness, he said."

"Huh..interesting," Jimin hummed, his bottom lip. "Do you-"

"(Y/N)!"

The deep voice startled (Y/N) and her focus shifted away from the ocean waves, causing her to lose control of her pretty patterns and letting them go with a loud splash into the rest of the now heavy waves.

Both Jimin and (Y/N) turn to look over their shoulders in unison to see whom was the owner of this velvety voice.

The tall, slender male figure stood before them.

His (color) hair was a bit messy and his chocolate eyes were cutely weary from sleep.

"How rude of you, you're interrupting!" Jimin yelped as he glared at Taehyung. "Do you know something called manners?"

"Taehyung!" (Y/N) beamed, ignoring Jimin's comment. "What are you doing up? You should be sleeping."

"So should you! What are you doing?" Taehyung asked as he raised a brow and looked around where (Y/N) was sitting, alone. "I..awoke suddenly to realize that you were not near, and then I heard your voice so I followed it out here. But whom were you speaking to?"

Jimin's glare switched onto (Y/N) whom was too occupied looking up the handsome mortal to pay any attention to him. His hands reach down and sink into the golden sand as he leaned in closer to the goddess beside him with a puzzled expression.

"Why can he not see nor hear me?! Allow him!" Jimin demanded. "Let him see me!"

(Y/N) continued to ignore Jimin, and smiled up at Taehyung. "No one," She said as she flashed a toothy grin. "Not a soul."

Jimin's eyes widened at (Y/N)'s words and his golden-silvery glitter orbs started to turn a deep crimson and orange mix.

Taehyung's arm extended out and displayed a hand for (Y/N) to take. Silently she accepted, holding Taehyung's warm flesh tightly as she stands from her spot.

"I found myself missing your company," Taehyung admitted. "Perhaps that is why I woke up?"

(Y/N) had let go of Taehyung's hand, and instead looped her arm with his. "Let's get you back to the warm sheets, shall we?"

Taehyung nodded as he yawns.

Taehyung and (Y/N) turn their backs away from the calm shore and begin to head back to where (Y/N) had created a temporary home.

"Do not get too attached to him, (Y/N)," Jimin called out. "He is merely a fragile being with the illest of wills. Be careful who you let into your soul, your spirit..a mindless, emotionally, selfish creature like him could shatter it."

(Y/N) turned to look over her shoulder ever so slightly. Her milky eyes connected with Jimin's glowing, glittering red ones.

Jimin displayed no expression on his fair face.

"Greatly." He whispered softly before his entire form had disappeared into a thick, dark plum colored smoke that lifted into the night sky.