🌊・삼 || Three・🌊

Sea || Taehyung x Reader

A ripe and luscious vine hung thick with red grapes was stretched to coil around the room that laced with crisscross currents that intertwined together.

Hours past and Taehyung had dozed off peacefully onto a satin, red silk pillow. Taehyung had been sleeping for quite some time now, so much so that (Y/N) was convinced that he was in fact dead.

But he wasn't, he was still very much alive. Oxygen entered and exited Taehyung's airways with ease.

(Y/N) was delighted with the discovery, but she was bored. She wanted to talk more to Taehyung, she wanted to know more about him, she wanted to know about humans. It has been hundreds of years since she's laid eyes on one, but never has she met one that she became so fond of like she found herself when it came to Taehyung.

She didn't want to wake Taehyung up, though. She knew that he must've been exhausted, who knows how long he's been sailing and gotten proper rest?

So she decided to sit beside Taehyung's sleeping frame, and wait for him to awake.

She hummed softly as her fingers gently weaved through Taehyung's soft, thick hair. Her eyes traced over every feature of his sleeping face, and cracked a small smile without even realizing it.

The tip if her index finger traced over them as well. She came to the conclusion that she enjoyed the feeling of his smooth skin against her. She gently brushed her thump over Taehyung's raspberry colored lips as her milky eyes trace the seams.

The combination of the soft humming and gentle, relaxing touches had manged to pull Taehyung out of his slumber. When (Y/N) noticed the batting of dark lashes and mocha that sparkled in the fire's orange-yellow light, she stopped humming and she moved her wondering hands away from Taehyung's face.

Taehyung sat up, rubbed his eyes and yawned. He turned to look at her as he started to tiredly blink away his sleep.

(Y/N) quickly grabbed onto a white, porcelain cup that she had set aside on a nearby small table while Taehyung was sleeping. She held the porcelain cup carefully in the palms of both of her hands.

Silently, she holds the white porcelain cup out before her for the young man to take.

Taehyung gives her a confused look, and cautiously peeks at the apricot colored liquid in the cup.

"May I know what this is?" Taehyung questioned.

"Honey wine."

"I'm sorry, but I do not drink." He politely declined.

(Y/N) gave him a strange look as she straightened her posture and slowly brought the cup in her hands closer to her, and then placed it carefully back onto the small table where she had gotten it from.

"My apologies.." She mumbled as her head hung low as she sets her hands in her lap.

"You have nothing to apologize for," Taehyung reassured with a kind smile. "Thank you for the offer."

With her head still down, (Y/N)'s eyes shifts back over to the small wooden table. She spots a silver platters with assortments of edibles, and swiftly reached out to grab ahold of it.

"I hadn't seen you eat yet!" She exclaimed as she plucked a deep red grape off of it's green stem. "Eat, you must be hungry."

Taehyung blinked and looked at the round, plump fruit that (Y/N) pinched between her fingertips. His unresponsiveness caused her to insist more.

It made Taehyung feel uncomfortable, quite noticeably too and (Y/N) did not understand why.

"Come on..eat!" She insisted.

"No!" Taehyung exclaimed he shook his head. "I'm not eating that, it could be poisonous!"

(Y/N)'s expression changed from a concerned one to an utterly annoyed one. Her arm fell down into her lap, her posture slouched and her head fell to the side.

"I'm giving it to you..a goddess, to a mortal," She informed, annunciating the great difference between them. "Taehyung if I wanted to kill you, I would have just left you tangled in the seaweed. You would have been just another soul lost under the sea."

(Y/N) huffed as she reached her arm out again, and held the round fruit close to Taehyung's raspberry lips.

"..why do you not trust me?" She frowned.

Taehyung took a moment to take (Y/N)'s words into consideration. He..really didn't have a reason to not trust her. And she was absolutely correct, why would she even bother to save him if only a few hours later she planned to poison him? It didn't make sense.

Taehyung looked down as his cheeks flushed with embarrassment when he realized how foolish and paranoid he sounded. 

Taehyung quietly lifted his head, and properly faced (Y/N). He parted his soft lips, and allowed (Y/N) to guide the round fruit smoothly past his lips.

Taehyung traps the grape between his white teeth and the tip of his tongue runs up and down the smooth waxy coating of the fruit before slipping his wet muscle beneath it. He curled his tongue to secure the round fruit before settling it between his back teeth, and biting down.

A muffled pop could be heard from Taehyung's closed mouth as his teeth clenched down and break the grape's fragile skin.

Cold, sweet liquid bursts from the fruit and hydrates Taehyung's tongue. It had a savory, dense pulp and a slight tang to it.

It's been a while since he had eaten something as sweet.

A smile curved onto (Y/N)'s rosy colored lips, she was delighted that Taehyung had accepted the fruit and enjoyed it.

She placed both hands under the silver platter before carefully reaching it out for Taehyung to take.

Silently, she watched as Taehyung indulged greedily into the food.

He ate with ravenous hunger. It was like he had felt no need for pretentious manners and grabbed whatever he could, and proceeded to rip chunks off with his teeth.

(Y/N)'s curiosity peeked.

She had basic knowledge of Taehyung's kind, one of the things being that they needed to eat to survive just like any other living creature. But what she didn't understand, is why Taehyung looked so pleased to be eating when filling his small tummy.

She heard of things called 'flavors', but she doesn't know what exactly they are. She never experienced a 'flavor'. She doesn't eat food, it's not necessary for her to eat. Plus, food has no texture and tastes like nothing, so what is even the purpose?

"Please slow down," (Y/N) spoke. "If you continue to eat so quickly you could hurt your stomach."

"You're right," Taehyung huffed as he came to a halt. "It's just been so long since I've eaten something so good. I'm starved."

"It tastes good to you?" She questioned.

"Yes, it's a wonderful mixture of sweetness, bitterness and spiciness." Taehyung nods.

"I'm happy that you enjoy it," (Y/N) smiled. "What do those tastes like?"

Taehyung raised an eyebrow as he glanced over at her. "What..?" He asked with a light chuckle. "I've just told you."

"I'm sorry, but I do not know anything about tastes." She informed.

"What? Don't you eat?"

"No, it is not necessary for me to do so," She explained. "I am not like you, I cannot taste."

"Huh..really?"

Now curious, Taehyung looks down at the plate and randomly selected a fruit to pick. Taehyung carefully grabbed a strawberry that was the deepest shade of blood red.

"Try this." He insisted as he lifts the strawberry to (Y/N)'s lips. She nods, and silently obeyed. Her soft rosy lips parted with ease as she leaned in, and sank her teeth into the strawberry.

Because of its deep crimson shade, her teeth peirced the strawberry with little to no effort. Its delicate red skin fell a part as her teeth entered and sweet red juices bursted instantly.

Some of the strawberry juice had spilled over and trickled down (Y/N)'s chin.

Taehyung watched, and he was secretly jealous that she was the one whom was eating the sweet, overly juicy fruit.

(Y/N) pulled away from the fruit in Taehyung's hand, leaving behind a large bite mark. She used the back of her wrist to wipe away any residue from the strawberry near .

Slowly, she began to chew. She even had her tongue push the chewed off bit of the strawberry against the roof of to get something out of it, but she couldn't taste anything. She could only feel the juices spill over her tongue.

"You've been chewing for sometime," Taehyung noted. "Can you taste something?"

"Yes." She nods.

Taehyung's mocha eyes widen out of excitement. "Really?" He gasped. "Well? What do you taste?"

"It tastes cold."

Taehyung's face fell as he let out a pitiful sigh.

"Cold? That's a temperature (Y/N), you cannot taste a temperature."

"Oh."

Taehyung watched as (Y/N) continued to chew on the fruit, and he noticed that she was spacing out a lot. Either that, or she somehow forgot to blink.

"Your kind is very strange." She blurted out after swallowing the strawberry. "But very intriguing."

"I'll take that as a compliment." Taehyung smiled.

"May I ask, why were you traveling alone out on the sea? That was a very dangerous decision," (Y/N) scolded. "The human body is very fragile, you should have taken that into consideration."

"I was just on my way back home to see my family. I was coming from France because I was doing trades," He explained with a soft smile. "Ah..my family must be worried, I should have been home by now!"

Taehyung began to fidget with his fingers as he started to imagine the sadden look on his mother's face. He reflected back on the letters that he wrote back to his parents, and siblings..how excited they all expressed on paper at his arrival home after so many months.

Taehyung looked over at (Y/N).

"Can you help me?" 

"Help you with what?"

"Can you help me return back home?" He asked. "My family is waiting for me, they must be worried sick!"

"What could I do to help you..?" (Y/N) eagerly asks. She truly wanted to help him so badly, she wanted to please him. "Tell me, what can I do?"

"Could you help me build a boat perhaps?"

"I know where to retrieve wood, but I want you to recover before you decide to do anything else."

Taehyung leaned in to grip (Y/N)'s hands into his. His warmth wraps around her chilly fingers.

"Thank you!" He beamed, gazing into her translucent eyes. "Thank you for everything that you've done for me."