đŸŒŠăƒ»ìŽ || Twoăƒ»đŸŒŠ

Sea || Taehyung x Reader

The sounds of racing splashes appeared similar to ripples on a large pond.

Taehyung's eyes peel open, and his every thought was in high definition. His eyes take in every dull ray of light around him. Noises were in full swing, heavy but calm waves crashing on the tide.

There was a buzzing in Taehyung's brain. He struggled to inhale through his slightly parted lips, his chest felt heavy and his entire body ached.

He let out a low groan.

"Oh, thank goodness!" A quiet, unfamiliar feminine voice gasped. "Are you alright? Oh, you poor thing.."

His heart was pounding, mind empty. It was as if a hypodermic of adrenaline had been emptied into his veins.

Taehyung struggled to flip his body over and forced himself on all fours.

The wet, golden sand pressed against his knees and swallowed the tips of his toes as he violently coughed up whatever water remained in his lungs before he gasped greedily for oxygen.

A few small droplets of the cold salt water dripped from his clothes that were glued to his skin.

He trudged on the damp sand with another low groan, diging his fingers into the ground. His damp clothing from the salty water, made them weigh down and around him feel heavier on his thin body.

"Are you alright?" The voice asked again, but this time it sounded closer. Louder. The voice sounded like the owner of it was standing right beside him, in fact.

Taehyung chose to ignore the voice yet again but only because he was one thousand percent certain that his mind was playing tricks on him. He has been out sailing the seas for a long time now, alone. He has gotten rather lonely in the meantime, so of course he would start hearing voices other than his, for the sake of his sanity.

But this voice sounded so real, too real. And Taehyung found it a little strange for his mind to create a woman's voice. It's not like he was missing the warmth of a woman's skin, he's never even been romantically involved with anyone for that matter.

"Hello..?"

Taehyung turned his head toward the voice with zero hesitation and zero expectancy to get a response after a reply from him. But the sight of a young woman standing near his side as she bent her posture and rested her hands over her knees, shocked him. She looked down at him with curiosity, and her expression hinted that she was just as surprised and unsure as Taehyung was.

Feeling a little startled, Taehyung had lost his balance and fumblingly seated himself on the sand as his palms lean back for support.

"Ah.."

He stared up at the stranger, and he felt his heart skip a beat. 

The emotions of the woman were not easily hidden on her innocent face. The concern was evident in the crease of her lovely eyebrows and rosy lips. But her eyes..oh, her eyes. Taehyung couldn't even find himself to take his own eyes off of them, he didn't want to blink because he was afraid that he'd miss the beauty of them.

They were a deep pool of restless speckled gold, a (dark/light) ocean of hope. There was a very, very faint tint of (e/c) in there. It was more of the outline of her large iris's that was (e/c), but as it traveled more to the center and to her pupils, it was simply a pure white.

Actually..did she even have pupils?

Her eyes looked translucent, almost.

Taehyung felt like he was looking through a creamy crystal ball, and he could see all of the beauty of the universe through her eyes. But that beauty could not even begin to compete with her etheral being.

Her (h/c), shiny (straight/wavy/curly) hair fell off her shoulders, and some strands tumbled over her small, doll like face.

Her clothing consisted of a pure white dress that loosely draped around her frame; it exposed her scandalous but beautiful, prominent collarbones and shoulders.

The pure white fabric complimented her smooth (s/c) skin so well.

"Can you understand me?" She asked, slowing her speech down a bit.

Taehyung nodded, but the same confused and stunned expression was still displayed on his face. The young woman tilted her head a bit to the side as she started to back away from him.

"Oh..well then," She hummed. "How are you feeling?"

Taehyung was in denial that there was really a woman standing there in front of him. It just didn't make any sense, not even the tiniest bit!

Taehyung's fingers clenched the golden sand before screwing his eyes shut. In his head he counts to three, expecting her to disappear once he were to open them again. But she was still there..

"Are you dead?" He blurted out as his eyes trail over the woman from head to toe. "You're dead, aren't you?"

The (h/c) haired woman scrunched her nose for a split second as she shook her head. "What? Excuse me? No!" She exclaimed.

"Then.." Taehyung's deep voice quickly faded out in a shallow breath. His large hand laps over his chest and traveled down to his stomach. Taehyung's dark eyebrows furrow as he looked down at had his eyes scan over each limb on his body.

The hand resting over his stomach clenched the white shirt that he was wearing. A few of the buttons were missing; exposing his collarbones and sun-kissed skin of his broad chest.

He could feel the tug of his shirt, he could feel his own touch.

"Then..I must be," He finished faintly as he gazed up at the woman for confirmation. "Right?"

"No." She answered simply.

"What? What do you mean?" Taehyung asked, his eyes involuntarily widening as he spoke. "How am I alive? If I'm alive..surely this isn't real."

Taehyung looked away from the woman for a moment and turned to the never ending fields of dark, deep blue.

"This moment is not real; you are not real. I must be near death, and I'm just having a final moment in my head."

"You're very much alive, I found you entangled in the seaweed!" The young woman exclaimed. "I saw too much potential in you to leave you for death."

Taehyung slowly nods as his eyes travel down to the woman's long, waxy (s/c) legs. "Are you a mermaid? A mermaid with the ability to come upon land, perhaps?"

"No."

"Then a siren!" Taehyung gasped, distancing himself away from her. "That must play a part in me ending up here and losing everything in the first place.."

The young woman let out a small giggle as she placed a hand over her chest, and held the other close to her face in a fist.

She looked over at him to make sure that he was watching, he was.

"Not a siren, nor a mermaid," She smiles as she slowly opened her closed fist and released tiny, elegant ribbons of crystal blue and silvery glitter speckled water into the air. "But a goddess."

The ribbons of pretty water that entwined like strands of DNA from the palm of the woman's hand, reflected against Taehyung's entertained eyes. But the wet ribbons soon collapsed into her palm and disappeared into thin air within a blink.

"What is your name?" Taehyung asked out of curiosity, his voice had grown more confident as he spoke. But he was still taking caution, just because she was attractive and a goddess does not mean that she meant well.

"(Y/N)," The young woman simply answered with a bright smile. "It is a pleasure to be an acquaintance of you..?"

Her voice trailed off but her tone raised in question.

"O-Oh, Kim Taehyung!" He flustered before bowing his head. "The pleasure is all of mine, really."

"Kim Taehyung, you are human, correct?" She questioned, coming a bit closer. Taehyung backed up slightly, but held a firm stance.

"Yes.." He confirmed. "Why do you ask?"

"I was just wondering, it has been a while since I've seen a live human before," She beamed as her large, orbs scan over Taehyung's figure. "You are the first in many, many years."

A smile formed on (Y/N)'s rosy pink lips. Her left hand reached and extended out for Taehyung to take.

"Come."

Taehyung looked down at her hand with uncertainty and curiosity, for that was the same hand where streams had danced into the air. Besides, he simply couldn't refuse the hand of a lady, let alone a goddess.

Taehyung quickly accepted the offer, and thanked her for the assistance. (Y/N) held onto Taehyung's hand tightly as he lifted himself up from the sand with little to no effort, and standing tall before her.

"You are not injured?" (Y/N) asked as she gazed up.

"No, I do not believe so.." Taehyung trailed off, looking down at himself for a breif moment. He had all his limbs, he saw no blood, no bruising, nothing.

"Oh, good! If you were injured that would be..what do you humans call it? Ah..unfortunate! Yes, that would be unfortunate."

Strands of dark, damp hair tumbled over Taehyung's forehead and slightly over his big, mocha eyes that could easily become lost in his black forest of eyelashes.

(Y/N)'s eyes traveled down to admire Taehyung's strong, and sharp features on his round face. She thought that the straight bridge on his tall nose was pleasing to trace over. She notices a small dot like mole on the tip of his nose, near his right nostril. She took in, and appreciated every one of his little perfect imperfections.

Taehyung possessed soft, full, raspberry colored lips with another small mole on the left side of his bottom lip and a rounded cupid’s bow.

Very handsome indeed, she thought.

The two did not exchange any further words as (Y/N) began to lead them off somewhere. They both remained hand and hand. 

Taehyung did not mind the walk, but it took him a while to notice that (Y/N) was taking him pretty far from their starting point. Come to think of it, they probably were close to the other side of the small island by now!

"Excuse me, but where are you taking me?"

"I would be happy to answer your questions in detail, so would you please, Taehyung, wait until we reach where you will be staying until your body recovers?"

Taehyung nonetheless, silently nods.

The two continued to silently trudge through the sand, and turn a small corner.

Taehyung felt like he didn’t know how to blink at that moment as he was awe-struck by what his eyes had witnessed.

In front of him was a place filled with greenery spread out all around with patches of different colored flowers that grew among the green. Despite the new view of green, there was still the never ending grains of golden sand around them, as if the whole island was made out of gold itself.

But in the midst of greenery, he spots a singular tall, cream colored structure that was truly beautiful with additional colored flowers and green vines growing in different patterns around the structure, but it was an odd place for something as such to be there.

Shimmering dark blue waters sparkled in the presence of the pale sunlight above that encircled them.

"What is this place?"

"I do not know, but I made it while you were in deep slumber," She informed. "I looked into your parietal lobe and created the last home that was in your memory to the best of my ability."

"What are you talking about?" He frowns. "I've never been inside something that looks so elegant, nor have a stood in front of such a building."

"Then I must have mistaken memory into fantasy..but do not worry! You will be okay!" She grinned, tiny stars dancing in her milky eyes. "I made this for you."

Taehyung sighed, but didn't say anything.

"What? Is it not up to your liking..?"

"No, no! I like it, it looks quite beautiful."

(Y/N) pulled Taehyung along with her through the entrance of the structure. It looked like an old building that had been renovated into a luxurious palace.

Taehyung's amazement spread further as (Y/N) brought them into a hall, with a tall gold ceiling and spacious proportions. Taehyung admired the inside, gold and wine colored silks displayed that seemed to spill like rich creams.

The scent of citrus and pine suffused the long halls.

"Ah, yes! Just a bit further down," (Y/N) suddenly exclaimed. "Then you can rest."

Taehyung's grip around the pretty woman's hand tightened as she tugged him along further.