🌊・일 || One・🌊

Sea || Taehyung x Reader

Total darkness prevailed as gray clouds thickened and the sky was stricken, blotting out the moonlight and bright stars.

Beneath Taehyung the sea rises as great as the mountains. It was anger in the form of water, turbulent and unforgiving.

In every direction, the dark gray blue tempest, laced with harsh white blends.

The rain poured down over the sea with a roar. The sound of emptiness was disrupted by the loud gregarious boom of thunder and the constant crashing and harsh collisions of the waves. The cold icy rain pierced Taehyung's pale and wet skin.

He tried desperately to find and keep the balance of not only himself, but his small boat struggling to stay above the raging waves.

A heavy gust of wind came, slamming the rain into Taehyung's face like tiny stones. 

Bolts of pure white crackled against the stormy blanket of the sky.

He shivered violently as he mentally cured at himself for not wearing thicker layers other clothing, but how was he supposed to know a storm was bond to happen? The clouds and downpours came from nowhere!

"Ack!" He gasped.

Another strong gust of wind hits along with a wave bigger than any other colliding with smaller, bumpier ones; taking everything that Taehyung belonged with it.

The small boat had flipped over and took Taehyung with it.

He tried to save himself from falling completely by holding onto the sides, but it was no use.

Taehyung felt a sudden rush of coldness eloping around every inch of his body. The sea was somehow colder than the rain. He couldn't hear anything other than the pounding of his heart beat and muffled smacking of the water above him.

Taehyung moved his arms and legs frantically, the water that washed around his slender body preventing access to precious air.

After only a few seconds his brain sent his entire body into full panic. He was thrashing through the thick and salty liquid that threatened to invade his lungs at any moment. He needed oxygen soon, or he could die.

He could not see, he could not breathe.

He managed to push his head above the surface. His eyes were still screwed shut, and his dark hair was stuck to his skin. Taehyung greedily gasps as he struggled to keep himself up.

He yelped out a cry, even though he knew no one would hear him. No one else was there other than him, he was alone.

It took less than two seconds for his head to be submerged under the water yet again, but the water pressure around his body felt heavier.

He found himself struggling more.

His arms and legs kick out desperately as he tried to swim back up to the surface, but the dark indigo water swirled around him with more force, trapping him, and keeping him from the oxygen he so desperately needed.

From his pale lips came a burst of air bubbles, quickly moving away from him.

His tired limbs slow down, stop and he floats in the midst of waves like a rag doll. Slowly, black begins to seep in at the edge of his vision.

Taehyung recited his prayers over and over again in his head until his eyelids were too heavy for him to keep open. He felt as light as a feather. He was just..sinking.

The sea took him, it accepted his slender body as he slowly sank toward the weedy disarray of the bottom.

He was now nothing but a memory.

The surface, now overrun with the high travel of clouds.