đŸŒŠăƒ»ì‹­ || Tenăƒ»đŸŒŠ

Sea || Taehyung x Reader

Above the tide, sharp rocks are splashed gorse yellow with growing lichen, and with others of blue and salmon pink. Beneath them are the vivid colors, seaweed, the black violet of mussel beds, white sand, and the water. Like a pale turquoise glass where the pink starfish and big spiny deep purple urchins rest upon the broad leaves of the sea tangle.

(Y/N) was right about the time flying by quickly, these past twelve years had went by within a blink of an eye! So it feels like.

Taehyung has spent his days faithfully sticking to the task his lover had given him, and he did a wonderful job with it! He was not like any other spirit guide though. Yes Taehyung was patient and very kind to the lost souls but there was something about him that always managed to put the lost souls he stumbled upon in a state of calmness and reassurance. Taehyung would give them reassurance of passing over to go onto a better life, reassurance of heaven, reassurance of cleansing them of all their sins, reassurance that their restlessly would finally end, reassurance that everything was going to be okay when they were in his hands. Kim Taehyung never gave a single soul false hope, not once.

Not only did Taehyung have the ability to help souls crossover to their next lives, but Taehyung was also given the ability to banish them to hell for eternal restlessness, eternal punishment..but Taehyung never did such a thing. Even to the souls that he sought no potential whatsoever for, he sent them peacefully on their way despite his little voice of doubt that would often nag at him from the back of his head.

Taehyung also chose to give things second chances at living. From the sea animals to the mortal sailors that happened to go abroad their ship. He once helped a young mermaid with skin as yellow as the sun, orbs the shade of blue gold and long curly hair as black at the midnight sky. She had been attacked by what looked like a shark, but it was hard to tell. Her scaly tail and fin was mangled so badly, and she had lost a lot of blood which only attracted more deadly sea creatures of the deep. Luckily Taehyung had spotted her and had healed her, giving her a second chance at life.

The world really had fallen before him, or this new world at least. Taehyung was worshiped as the god that he was. He was a pure angel in everyone and everything's eyes. Stories about him in the mortal world had circulated and it made them more at ease to sail around the seas knowing and believing in Taehyung to be there for them when needed.

Taehyung had saved multiple lives and probably helped up to a couple thousand souls cross over at most a day; over this twelve year period he has probably helped over millions! Even the ones who didn't deserve his kindness. Ah..(Y/N) would be so proud of him. The corner of Taehyung's lips curve slightly upward at the thought of his lover and her praise. Surely (Y/N) would be more than satisfied with all of the hard work he has done for her.

He was so excited to walk upon that same shore that he and his lover had stood upon twelve years ago, he was exited to see (Y/N)'s pretty face, excited to finally have her in his strong arms once again, excited to have her soft lips against his, excited to have her forever and to finally start the family with her that he's been looking forward to..he was so excited to hear the words 'You did well, Taehyung' come out of his lover's mouth.

And today he would finally be able to hear it in the flesh.

Today was the day that Taehyung was finally allowed to step foot on land and onto the sandy shores for the first time in twelve years. The ritual that (Y/N) had preformed on him only allowed him to do so once every decade and two years, he didn't understand why that was a part if the deal..perhaps it was to make certain that he would properly fulfill these duties and responsibilities that were given to him from the powerful goddess that was his lover? No matter now, now, he had completed his tasks and is finally allowed to be in her arms for the rest of the universe's existence.

The sea parts and the large waves roll back and forth as if in welcome, guiding Taehyung along the exposed path until he made it close to the shore. The faint sun's rays kiss Taehyung's skin as the ocean water rushed past his bare ankles. An excited, childish grin involuntarily plastered across Taehyung's happy face as he scrunched his bare toes. Smiling at the feeling of the cool water rushing in between his toes, and smiling at the softness of the sand that was now damp from the retreating tide. A shiver cascades down Taehyung's back and his eyes close for a moment.

The sand blurs out in a blissful trance and the shore fading into liquid gold, vivid in the morning light; one of the beauty's that he has been deprived of for many years. It felt odd stepping foot on land after so long, but it brought back so many wonderful memories.

Taehyung's eyes opens and a breath slips past his soft lips and mixed with the gentle breeze passing by as he scanned the island. Numerous shades of blue cover as far as Taehyung's eyes can see. The gentle sea breeze rustled through his hair, the smell of the salty seas rush into his nose as he inhaled another deep breathe. A halo of the rising sun colors the edges the beach, rising up, up high into the sky to reach the few cotton candy orange crest clouds that blanket the gentle early morning sky.

'It still looks just as beautiful as it did years ago.' Taehyung thought.

Taehyung took a couple steps forward, his bare feet splashing against the tide that was racing up to him.

Taehyung had sat down comfortably onto the warm sand that was a bit further away from the shore, carefully adjusting his clothing against the tiny microscopic beads of the rough texture. His clothing was white, airy and loose, similar to (Y/N)'s white dress that he was used to her wearing. Despite just submerging from under the dark wine colored sea, Taehyung had not a single drop of salty water on him. Not on his soft hair, not on his perfect tanned skin, nor on his clothes.

As Taehyung sat quietly upon the dry sand, he bent his legs and brought his knees toward him. Taehyung's slender, toned arms loop around his knees as his large hand entwined with the other. Taehyung tilts his head back a bit as he relied on the strong hands clasped around his joints to support his body and keep him from falling onto his back. 

He squinted his eyes as he looked up into the sky, blinking and silently thinking. His new life has treated him well, the rather lonely years gave him a lot of time to look back and reflect on some things. Being an immortal, powerful god was nice and all but accepting his new body meant accepting new, dramatic changes that he did not..really consent to. The second his body had changed, he had experienced the things that (Y/N) had talked about a lot when they first met. Taehyung lost his sense of taste, his ability to be hungry, his ability to drink and feel thirsty, he also lost his ability to..feel! As in, emotionally. He found it rather difficult to feel appropriate emotions at times but he was surprised he was still able to feel them; maybe it was because he was once mortal?

Taehyung also had lost his heartbeat. He still possessed the muscular organ and empty vessels and arteries, but no pulse. His heart had turned stiff, heavy and ice cold in his hollow chest.

He has never seen his face either; the last time he saw (Y/N) was the last time he could even remember what he looked like, well, an idea anyway. There must be changes to his face, right? His body has changed, something about his face certainly has too..! At least he assumed, though his face didn't feel any different.

Taehyung blinked, and looked down into his lap as he let out another sigh, allowing the gentle air to escape his stiff lungs.

"Goodness, time is only turning in circles." A nearby voice spoke.

Taehyung looked up at the sound of a man's voice. The voice did not possess the deep, raspiness that most men have but instead this unknown voice had a very smooth, light and airy tone to it; like whipped cream and white strawberries. The voice was very gentle, and pure. Was an angel near? When Taehyung saw the owner of the voice, the visuals matched perfectly. The face of the man speaking looked harmless..but his aura just gave Taehyung a bad vibe. There was no way that he was an angel.

Taehyung locked eyes with the frozen light brown ones.

The two kept intense eye contact, but their stares were very much different than the other. Taehyung's eyes were widen when they laid upon Jimin's perfect figure and ethereal face because he was shocked to see another being on the island with him that wasn't (Y/N). He was also shocked to see Jimin, because he couldn't tell what..he was. Jimin's brown eyes were only widen because Taehyung seemed to have caught him staring. It was like he was flustered, so his 'human' like eyes averted down to the sand for a moment until he realized that Taehyung was still looking at him with the same shocked and confused expression.

"Can you see me?" Jimin finally spoke, breaking the suffocating tension.

Taehyung nods as his eyes elevator Jimin. "Yes.." He answered softly. 

Jimin's slightly alarmed expression quickly had changed, faster than the flick of a light switch. "Oh!" He huffed, contorting his handsome face into disgust and annoyance at the once mortal male. "Don't look at me!" Taehyung immediately obliged, swiftly turning his back to the stranger and focusing his gaze onto the ocean waves crashing on top of each other. The two men sat in silence, both listening to the waves of the blue waters until Taehyung's dark eyebrows furrow in confusion and the corner of his rosy lips slant. That's when he turned his head to face the stranger whom was still looking at him. Taehyung opened his mouth to speak, but Jimin had beat him to it. "Ah! I came here to just view you, I did not come to talk. I do not wish to waste anymore of my breath on something as grotesque as you, Kim Taehyung."

Jimin was surprised at himself for saying his mortal name considering that for the longest time, he's always refused to say it when talking to (Y/N). Maybe just this once he'll allow it to slip by, but never again.

"Goodness..why are you so hostile?" Taehyung asked as he turned his body to face the other man despite his previous objections and negative remarks.

"I do not like you," Jimin responded bluntly. "I despise you very much, I hate you, and I want to eat you."

"..eat me?" He cautiously questioned, raising a brow at the smooth, faintly glitter-skinned male. Taehyung was taken aback by Jimin's comments. He hated him? But why? Taehyung doesn't even know who, or what this..thing is! What could possibly be the reason for a strong grudge? This thing said that he wanted to eat him..was he perhaps a result of a demon and soul devouring creature? A mixed blooded entity? Mixed creatures do tend to be quite powerful, but it really depended on what the parents were. A child of one parent being a pure angel and the other a demon was the most interesting to see.

"Yes," Jimin nodded. "If I eat someone like you, I would not have to deal with the burden of searching for things to eat; for you will satisfy me longer than any other thing in the world. I would not have to deal with the burden of my body rotting away so soon."

"Who are you?"

"No one." Jimin smiled innocently, placing his hands on his bare feet as he rocked his slender but toned body back and forth against the golden sand.

Taehyung bites his cheek as he turned away from Jimin once again, and stares out to the blue sea; silently growing impatient and wishing that (Y/N) would show up at any moment to save him from this attractive creature. But Jimin could see right through him, he could read Taehyung's mind and feel his uncomfortable energy radiating from his body. A mischievous smirk formed on Jimin's plump lips as his eyes narrow ever so slightly while figuratively burning holes in the back of Taehyung's head with his insane stare.

Suddenly, Jimin's face had appeared in Taehyung's view along with a faint 'thump!' in the sand right beside him.

"Boo!"

Taehyung's eyes quickly looked down to the source of sound, and sees Jimin laying beside him. His brown 'human' like eyes playfully flash a hot pink from both of his black pupils.

"Did I scare you?" Jimin asked with an innocent smile that displayed rows of the whitest teeth, but Jimin earned no response from Taehyung. Instead, Taehyung silently made eye contact with him before looking away like nothing had happened. Jimin pouts at that action. "Hmph! Well, aren't you a dreary man.."

"You said before that you did not want to speak to me, No one." Taehyung replied simply.

"I did say that, but I realized that I've quickly grown bored, so let's chat!" Jimin giggled as a wicked smirk plastered across his lips. "..are you waiting for dear (Y/N) to arrive?"

Taehyung's breath hitched at the mention of his lover's name. Taehyung tilts his head to the side as he looked the smirking Jimin in the eye. This is just what Jimin wanted, he knew that the mention of the goddess would engage him; allowing him to have his fun.

"You..know (Y/N)?"

"Duh? Who does not?" Jimin scoffed.

"Are you an acquaintance of (Y/N)'s?" Taehyung asked.

Jimin puckered his plump lips and twisted them, pretending to be lost in his own head and drowning in his thoughts. His left cheek held an air bubble before he released his from his lips to make playful sounds. "I would say that (Y/N) and I are much more than just acquaintances, I take quite offense to just being called a friend."

"What are you to her?"

"She pretends to not stand my presence but she secretly prays every second of every day that I will appear to make her heart flutter." Jimin bragged happily as both of his hands entwined and rested on his flat stomach that rose and fell with each gentle breath. He smiled as his looked straight up into the pale blue sky.

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows and just stared at the smiling Jimin, utterly confused and nonetheless frustrated. "If someone wishes to be left alone you should do so."

Jimin's smile slowly began to fade as his brown eyes flashed a deep crimson while he gave a side glare to the God sitting beside him. "Tsk, I can do whatever I want! I do not need some lowlife mortal that mistakenly grew higher status telling me what I can, should and not do. Besides, were you even listening to my words?" The handsome male spat bitterly as he slightly lifts his head up from the sand. "I've known (Y/N) far longer than you have, it is only natural for her to love me more." He shrugged.

The words coming from Jimin's mouth was a lie. He knew that (Y/N) did not love him, but he liked messing with Taehyung's head. Provoking him was entertaining and he was beginning the torment of Taehyung's soul even before he would arrive in Hell to suffer eternally for his arrogant stupidity and he loved it!

"What?"

"I have known (Y/N) since the galaxy was this big," Jimin paused before connecting the tip of his index finger and thumb, making an o shape as his three other fingers remain in the air. He brings his hand up to his right eye and closed the other one so he could view Taehyung through the hole he made with his two digits. He curled his two fingers until he was just barely peeping through to see Taehyung's serious face. "This big," He said as he lowered the hand back onto his abdomen and opened both of his eyes. "About the size of a single dust particle, perhaps even smaller."

Taehyung didn't really know what to say, all he could wonder was if his lover was romantically involved with this..thing.

But Jimin next words quickly debunked that theory.

"I do not understand what (Y/N) sees in you," Jimin blurted out, quickly changing the subject. "I am so much better than you in so many ways! I am better looking than you, I am a natural born powerful being! I did not need some curse to be superior, you sham!" Jimin exclaimed angrily. Jimin had gotten so filled with rage that he quickly sat himself up and let his large eyes return to their natural form of black sockets with the deepest red blaring at a target; thin flame like strands dance in the air from his eyes. "You hound, you are nothing but a lustful user."

"Excuse me?"

"Do not pretend as if you have not a clue what I am talking about. You preyed on someone so innocent and had stolen chastity just to fulfill your sinful pride!"

"Are you calling me a sinner?" Taehyung asked, baffled at all of Jimin's accusations. "I'll have you know that I did not prey on (Y/N) at all, what we did was fully consensual. I took away no pride from those experiences, but only overwhelming happiness and a deeper connection of our love. We have done nothing wrong."

Jimin rolled his eyes as he let out an apathetic sigh.

It was now clear to Taehyung why Jimin hated him now. Jimin was simply just jealous of the fact that Taehyung had (Y/N)'s heart, and he did not. It seemed to Taehyung that Jimin was so consumed with jealousy that he had just allowed it along with rage to devour his entire being. He was just upset that (Y/N) did not find his harassment flattering.

Jealousy was clearly the jaundice of this demon's troubled soul. 

"I suppose that you are correct that you are not doing any wrong nor harm..however, Kim Taehyung, if you impregnate (Y/N), then you are."

"How so? We are the same status!"

"You are doing wrong, because I say that you are!" Jimin huffed. "I'll give you a similar speech that I had given (Y/N). Kim Taehyung, if you dare soil (Y/N)'s body with your worthless seeds and have her give existence to your monstrous, mixed off-springs I will purge the universe of them," He sneered, a deep crimson blazing in his large eyes just like the last time, only the shade was deeper than blood. "Their grotesque bodies will be destroyed to fine sand but their souls will forever roam restlessly as the sin filled demons that they are."

Taehyung's stiff heart felt heavy in his chest and his facial expressions are unreadable. His eyes stare down at his bare hands blankly as he found himself being emerged into deep thought. Jimin was threatening to ruthlessly take one of two things that he would value most in this new life as a god; his future children, and (Y/N). Taehyung has always wanted to be a father and (Y/N) was going to finally give him that chance once they meet again..and the thought of this jealous and rage filled creature being the only potential obstacle both angered and frightened Taehyung greatly. But he was determined that Jimin's threats were not going to change his mind about having children with the woman he loves more than life itself. He vowed that he would protect his children with every ounce of physical and mental strength he had. He vowed that he would protect his children, even if it meant that he would somehow have to die to save them and their mother.

Taehyung was not going to let this mischievous little devil control him like a broken and feeble puppet, he absolutely refused.

"Oh, you sound ridiculous," Taehyung mumbled,  trying his best to maintain a calm tone. "How are you going to punish innocent children for their parents doing? That makes the least bit of sense."

"The souls that will choose to be reborn as your children should be punished, for they are very much in fact just as guilty! They're automatically born with sin. Therefore, (Y/N)'s good womb will have borne bad sons," Jimin explained. "Plus, I do not like you."

"I do not care if you do not like me..! But why not come for me, and not my innocent children?"

"You are such a bad listener!" Jimin whined with a frustrated groan. "You are such a mortal, you are a horrible listener because your slug mind cannot allow you to process things! Ah..(Y/N) should have never done this to you, she has doomed the Earth to become flesh that will be eroded by time and your emotion filled waters."

"I understood everything you said," Taehyung replied flatly. "Your logic just does not make sense, your plan is to kill my children because you do not like me? Is that it?"

Jimin nodded.

"What about (Y/N)?"

"What about her? Do I plan on killing her? No, I would never. I couldn't even if I wanted to, she cannot die."

"That's not what I meant," Taehyung said as he shook his head. "My children are (Y/N)'s children too..you would really hurt her like that?"

"It's what she gets for messing around with you."

Taehyung felt like he was speaking to a brick wall. He was growing more and more frustrated each passing second and just looking at Jimin was making Taehyung angry. Taehyung rolled his eyes as he quickly released his hands from his firm grasp and set them down by his sides. With his hands laying flat against the uneven surface of the golden sand he sat upon, he pushed all of his body weight onto his palms and feet to help him off the ground. Taehyung brushed specks of sand off of his pants before straightening his posture. Taehyung glared down at Jimin as he balled his large hands into tight fists while they fell by his slim thighs.

No further words were exchanged between the two. Taehyung's icy glare was a substitute for more than a thousand words, and Jimin didn't seem like he was interested in stopping Taehyung from walking about for him, or even interested in the idea of going after/following him. Taehyung turned his back away from Jimin, and silently carried on to..somewhere far away from were Jimin was.

The waves splashing in the distance and the sounds of his bare feet shuffling in the sand with each step helped reduce the world to the surface of Taehyung's skin and his inner self was safe from all bitterness. Taehyung took in a deep, relaxing breath and pushed all of the negative imagery and words from his recent encounter to the back of his mind. He tried his best to ignore what had just happened, and decided to focused on the thought of (Y/N). And so he continued to wait for her to arrive.

He waited and waited and..waited.

It must have been a little past noon by now and Taehyung was beginning to feel anxious, but the emotion did not feel as strong as it would if his body were just flesh and warm blood. It's true that (Y/N) did not tell Taehyung the time of day that she would arrive but..ah, he feels like she should be there by now. He feels like she should have been there first, but she is still nowhere near in his sights. Not even that..thing that was harassing and threatening earlier was in sight.

The day's light was now fading. Taehyung was beginning to rouge tears like crimson rain, where is (Y/N)? When will they meet again?

The sun was setting and (Y/N) was still nowhere in Taehyung's sight.

Ah, a sunset..

A sunset is supposed to be a perfect conclusion. It's the silky, smooth collusion of sky burst satin peach shades and lemon yellows into the calm of night. The glowing sun was a crisp circle in the sky, illuminated a quivering path across the waters. It bathed the seas meek waves and the wispy clouds. Taehyung was no longer sitting, he was instead laying down on his right side upon the damp sand. His left arm was extended out, his large hand sprawled and opened against the now cool waves that eagerly rushed to the shore. The water always submerged Taehyung's forearm before retreating back. He stared quietly as the clouds that were beginning to cover the ball of fire in the sky with a purple haze. As the sun dipped lower below the horizon, the fleeting colors of dusk began to fade away. The charcoal black rocks circled around the water, shimmering confidently before dark fell upon them.

As the sun was setting, the night was coming and the destroying reality came to him. The sense turned the god into a scared fool. The sense of reality took over.

Taehyung was melting into tears, and into the cold sand. His soft cheeks were wet from weeping. Taehyung felt weak, he felt like his body was pierced with sharp spears that lead him into (Y/N)'s slavery, hard labor, and his new eternal life of pain and confusion. In Taehyung's new life he has been the hope, the sunshine, giving warmth and light, giving of his love without reserve. Now, this very moment, is when pain within overwhelmed Taehyung's body and only tears came. Taehyung wanted to die, he wanted to shed from his immortal body and just die! He wanted his body to refuse to live, he wanted it to say "No, no more."

On little to no sustenance, a mind tired and petrified, Taehyung wanted to search for help; but he couldn't.

He had no one.

How could she just..abandon him like this? How could she just fill his head and heart up with so much false hope and love and just..discard him like he was nothing but a bag of flesh and bones? Taehyung felt hurt and betrayed, abandonment is a betrayal. The thought of (Y/N) abandoning him was burning his soul.

Was that unknown being from earlier perhaps a forerunner?

No, there's no way..

It is a dusty hot road on which his mind and slender body wither.

Taehyung had lost the one thing he had loved the most in the world, the one who had kept him stable and the one who saved his life. Yet Taehyung began to criticize and justify his abandonment with his own discomfort. He was messing around with a powerful goddess, what did he expect? Gods and goddesses are known to be tricky at times, how could he be so gullible to think something like (Y/N) could possibly ever love him? So this was..all a lie? No, no it couldn't! It doesn't make sense!

His soul cried.

When he was so cold, she offered him a bed to sleep. When he drowned, she filled his lungs with air. When he bled, she offered first aid. When he was hungry, she vowed that his mouth would never feel such a thing again. Now Taehyung's lonely..who will be by his side? Now that his world is so dark, who will be there to be his shining light? Now that his heart and trust is shattered, who or what could take the time to earn it back knowing that now he can no longer simply give?

No one.

The water rushed in, it was like the sea was offering a gentle, helping hand to its ruler.

The wave lay before Taehyung, the waxy moon above was mirrored in the almost unruffled surface and where a ripple curled it the tiny crest glittered like white flame.

Taehyung gasped, his eyes shaped widen.

Not only did Taehyung see the glowing night sky and bright full moon, but he also saw his reflection. He hasn't seen his own reflection since..well, the day he had left France to return back home.

His sun-kissed glowing complexion remained the same. He still had his soft, full, raspberry colored lips and he still had his black forest of long eyelashes. But what was different was his hair. Taehyung was no longer in possession of his natural dark brown hair, instead his color was changed to a (color) shade that reflected the large moon's lighting so beautifully. The other thing that had changed was his eyes. Oh, his lovely mocha eyes once filled with love and warmth was now nothing but creamy white pearls. They looked just like (Y/N)'s but unlike (Y/N)'s eyes, Taehyung's eyes were a restless, dark ocean of hopelessness and heartbreak. Betrayal. There were faint specks of baby blue twirling where his pupils and iris's would be. Just like (Y/N), Taehyung did not have pupils. His eyes looked translucent too, almost. Like a creamy white marble with the unusual colors like the baby blue, (Y/N) didn't have those colors in her eyes. Taehyung was feeling upset and hurt, perhaps his eyes are expressing his emotions.

When he looked into (Y/N)'s eyes he saw the beauty of the universe through them but when Taehyung looked into his own eyes he saw nothing but a broken, lost and shattered shell of the young man that he once was. He couldn't take the heartbreak, but could he truly be heartbroken if his heart has already stopped beating?

Seeds of confusion formed illusions of dark blossoms that began to grow within and even now in furrowed sorrows the dance is still sung. (Y/N)'s elegant voice sang with the tide.

Suddenly an unpleasant warmth began to eat away at Taehyung's stomach. The warmth grew warmer; warmer, hot, hotter, scorching. Pain sears through Taehyung's entire body. It felt worse than being branded with a hot iron. Taehyung's hands clenched tightly on the golden sand as he struggled to cope with the intense pain, but it was too much to bear. Taehyung felt like he couldn't breathe. His slender body curls into something fetal, something primeval and all the while the pain burns and radiates.

Taehyung groaned.

He felt something on his shoulder blades. It felt like there was something heavy there, and it felt like something was trying to rip through his skin. Something was poking from his shoulder blades but whatever it was, wasn't coming through. Out of desperation to relieve the stabbing pain on his shoulder blades, Taehyung made the attempt to help whatever was coming through his skin. His arms cross his heaving chest as his slender, long fingers search for his flexed shoulder blades. His fingernails sink and began to dig into his hot, tender flesh. Taehyung bit his bottom lip as he pulled and stretched his skin off of his back resulted into crimson stained hands and open, messy, ugly wounds. He had torn and ripped his flesh from his back but the heavy sensation never left like he thought is would. His body began to heat up more, and in his reflection he could see his contorted face quickly becoming slimmer. Slimmer, thinner, skeletal. His eye sockets began to hollow out and become discolored. Skin cells melted and dripped from his cheekbones and jaw, eventually exposing his white teeth. Not only was his face fading away from the heat, but so was every other part of his body. Instead of his fleshy fingers and manicured nails clawing at his shoulder blades, it was now the tips of his sharp finger bones and drying tendons.

He was decomposing right before his very eyes and he did not understand why.

Taehyung's beautiful skin was peeling off of every part of his body. Clumps of sun-kissed skin had shed into the damp sand where they piled in wet, soggy mountains of flesh; leaving his weak body to start turning into an immobile skeletal shell.

The tide rushed in, attempting to save its ruler. The moment the cold water ran across Taehyung's body, he felt instant relief. His body no longer felt like he was on fire. He felt like he could breathe. The heavy and poking sensation in his now torn shoulder blades had stopped. And Taehyung's skin stopped melting, instead the water caused his skin to regenerate with ease. The sea foam brushed against Taehyung's ugly, bloodied wounds on his and shoulders to ease the stinging, and tend to the gashes. But the tide has to pull away. When the tide does so Taehyung felt shivers run up his spine before the scorching temperatures attack and engulfed his being once more.

Taehyung nuzzled into the rhumy sand as he cried out.

He was questioning an explanation for such a thing but then he remembered the deal he made with (Y/N). If their love was true and his task was completed they would meet again, but before doing so Taehyung was only granted to set foot on land once every twelve years if (Y/N) did not show.

So does that mean..?!

Taehyung shouldn't be on the shore right now, that explains why it's hurting so bad and why the feeling of the ocean covering him like a blanket felt so nice.

Taehyung forced himself to push through the pain; forcing his stiff weight onto the palms of his skeletal hands. Harsh groans and painful grunts erupted from his sore throat as he trudged toward the boarder of sand and salty sea. He dug his bony kneecaps into the sand as well as his bare toe to push his feeble, aching frame closer to the welcoming waves. A soft sigh of relief escaped Taehyung's chapped lips when he saw the tide rushing in once more with extra force. The water engulfs his figure, helping him gain sudden strength to crawl further and deeper into the ocean's loving arms. The gentle arms that still gives the space to breathe, held and drug him in, and repaired his body.

Taehyung turned over with a sharp inhale of oxygen, his boat floating against the small waves that rocked his limp body in the peaceful waves. Taehyung allowed the sea to take him far, far from the shore and the island while he laid silently on his back. The pain was no longer present as well as the uncomfortable poking beneath his shoulders. His tan skin began to suture back together and properly rejoined his joints, muscles and tendons that rotted away just moments ago; quickly shielding his exposed bones and returning his figure back to normal. 

The waves took Taehyung until the island was no longer in sight. Taehyung stared up at the beautiful night sky, tears threatened to slip over his lids. His hands sink beneath the surface of the water so that he could feel (Y/N)'s presence. He stayed quiet, allowing him to stay lost in the feeling of her presence a while longer. His head felt like it was going to explode with all of the emotions running through his brain.

The sea began to bubble around Taehyung's frame whilst he remained as still as he could. The waves accept him and eventually Taehyung becomes nothing but sea foam on the surface. He was now part of the ocean once again, where he belonged. His body sunk down ever so slowly. The bright moonlight was fading out of view and shadows of fishes and plants were all he could really see the further he sunk.

Taehyung wanted so badly to be one with the seaweed, the seaweed in the deepest, darkest, coldest part of the sea.

Yesterday's bright stars recorded the beautiful, pure romance that they had, but tonight's stars recorded and only accompanied Taehyung in sorrow. Lost in his overwhelming deep depression, fueling rage and immense power, Taehyung began to lose himself. He began to spiral. Taehyung was beginning to lose direction and he had lost his merciful, kind heart.