🌊・서막 || Prologue・🌊

Sea || Taehyung x Reader

A few pale streaks of moonlight peer through the thick metal bars blocking the small, square shaped window.

In the night autumn clouds remained, and brought forth a sweet melody of rain. It accompanied the long periods of harsh loneliness and numb frostbite.

(Y/N) sat in the corner of dingy cell, her back pressed against the cold walls while her hands shivering along the lined edges of the cracked bricks and fragments of hope. The state of raw abandonment had now completely swallowed whatever sanity she had left whole; dawn by dusk she felt herself slipping through her own frozen fingers.

"I guess this is truly my fate," She said aloud with a frown. "I live a goddess, and die a human..what an annoying and pitiful death, truly."

(Y/N) laid her head gently on the cold, hard surface of the floor, puffs of warm breath threading out of her pale lips. Her (e/c) eyes glance down to the heavy, rusty chains that locked securely around both of her ankles. She shivered, she would do anything to feel the radiating heat of another by this point, the dying candles and lanterns in the cell didn't help.

(Y/N)'s eyelids fluttered shut, but it's all too soon for them to shoot open once again the moment she heard heavy footsteps approach.

(Y/N) swiftly pushes herself up from her attempted comfortable position, causing the chains around her ankles to clink against each other. She inhaled sharply as her back pushes against the wall out of fear as she stares up at the silhouette of a tall, slender man.

By the flickering yellow from the candles and dim lanterns the cell, the shadows of their bodies display over the walls.

It took (Y/N) only a few seconds to recognize that unforgettable face, even after all those years.

By the dim yellow light, Taehyung's features were sharp, yet his skin was mellow like a peach. In the dimness his eyes turn from white to almost dark gray.

"My love.." She gasped, struggling to push herself up from the cold floors. "Oh, my love!"

"It has been a while.." Taehyung trailed off as his translucent eyes look at (Y/N)'s figure that held onto the wall for support. "It has been nineteen years to be exact."

"Oh, it has been absolute torture," She cried. "Trapped in this single, mortal form. I'm mistaken for a witch..! I hate being human, mortals are the worst! Ah..and not to mention, because I'm cursed in such a way I'm cut off from all that I love, from you.."

Taehyung's jaw clenched as he tongued the inside of his cheek. His hands that once settled at his sides balled into tight fists.

Anger boiled deep within him, it was as hot as lava. It churned within him.

It all came in a rush, so quickly, it was just too much for him to handle at the moment. The pressure of this raging sea of anger urged him to express his thoughts that he has suppressed for years, but he somehow found the strength to bury it.

"Nonsense!"

(Y/N)'s eyebrows furrow in confusion at his sudden outburst.

"I gave up my heart for you, I gave up my body, my mortality for you..I did as you asked. I drowned my dreams so mercilessly when you left responsibilities to me."

Taehyung took a step closer, and (Y/N) took a step back.

"Twelve years, I waited for you. The moment we were able to finally be together you..y-you were nowhere in my sights! I waited all day on that island,and you never came. I did everything you asked of me, how could you curse me to such a terrible fate? What debts do I own you?"

"I only did it because it was the only way I felt that we could be together." She tried explaining.

"So you admit to your intentions of keeping me this way for eternity? Ha.." He scoffed in disbelief, almost in denial at what he was concluding to. "You truly are cruel and cold as the winds of the sea."

"I am the sea," She reminded. "I am what you fell in love with. How dare you bash my name in vain for so long? Have you forgotten the good times? You're not the same Kim Taehyung I fell in love with..who are are you?"

Taehyung looked away, ignoring the questions she had asked but instead, answered to a statement she had made that he thought was incorrect.

"I do not love you." He spat.

His words felt like a butcher's longest, sharpest and dirtiest knife plunged straight into her heart, and even twisted around for harsher effect if it was even possible.

"You do not mean that.." She mumbles.

"But I do."

"These years haven't been good to you..my Kim Taehyung was never a cruel spirited man!" She yelped. "My love, you have corrupted your purpose, and your own well being..how could you do such a thing?"

"You only have yourself to blame."

"I have given you the gift of immortality, yet I hear your longing for death?"

"I didn't ask to be like this!" Taehyung interjected. "This isn't a gift, it's a curse! I want to be human again, I've been twenty three years old for the past seven years. I cannot eat, I cannot drink, I cannot feel..I want to be human."

(Y/N) shot a perplexed expression as Taehyung stated his desires.

"I've never, in my hundreds and thousands of years of existing, ever heard someone wishing for their mortality back."

"You have now."

"Well..you weren't supposed to be like this," (Y/N) spat. "Your kind, sweet spirit must have taken and captured by the devil in order to drive you to such torment."

"Not the devil, but only my strong love for you that drove me to absolute madness."

Taehyung bit down on his bottom lip once he realized his true feelings had slipped out subconsciously.

"As have mine," (Y/N) softly admits. "I've been trying so hard to find a way to break this curse, and return back to my body. It's been too long since I've felt the warmth of a man's touch..the sensation of your soft skin against me."

(Y/N)'s hand hesitantly reaches out and settles it flat onto Taehyung's surprising warm broad chest. The moment her hand touched him, his entire body stiffened. He felt a zap tingle up his spine, and a hammering in his heart when (Y/N)'s hand traveled as it pleased on his body.

(Y/N) flashed a white, toothy grin as her hand slowly trailed up Taehyung's chest and soon resting over his shoulder, her thumb gently his exposed skin.

Her (e/c) trace the seams of Taehyung's lips as she stood on the tips of her bare toes and leaned in slightly.

"It has been too long since I've felt your lips against mine.."

Taehyung's eyes gazed down at his lover as cherry blossom pink began to outline and faintly pool into his iris's. Tiny swirls of baby blue dance alongside the overpowering cherry blossom shade.

His large, warm hand reached up from his side and cupped (Y/N)'s face. (Y/N) seemingly melts and nuzzled into Taehyung's touch as Taehyung drew small circles on her cheek.

"(Y/N)-ah.." He faintly whispered.

"I have finally found a way..I will be free from this body," She said, looking him straight in the eyes. "And when I am, I will give you my heart. I will free you as well, and we will be together always."

She smiled brightly.

"Rule with me for eternity, my love."

Her words, her touch felt so natural, for it has been so long since he felt her. But no matter how natural it felt, her words and her touch were like the song of a siren.

Taehyung blinked, forcing himself out of his trance.

His cherry blossom stained orbs quickly darkened into a deep crimson. Even though the red was very much bold, the tiny baby blue streaks still lingered and entwined like DNA strands. But barely.

Taehyung's eyebrows furrow in annoyance as his hand pulls away from (Y/N)'s confused and concern face.

Taehyung wasted no time to push her single handedly on the shoulder and swiftly pinned her to the wall as a hand settled at her neck, with a firm placement.

"Do not attempt to fill my head with your lies! We cannot be together, enough with your lies already!" Taehyung shouted angrily as he lifted her with his hand. "The wounds you have caused me will never mend!"

The rusty chains around her ankles clinked together as she tried to keep her feet on the ground, but even the weighed chains cannot help her.

(Y/N)'s hands instantly gripped around Taehyung's wrist, desperately trying to pry his hand off and around her neck.

"Stop!" She cried. "T-Taehyung!"

Then she felt tighten even more. She was breathing..but the air just wasn't going into her lungs.

(Y/N) gasped out for air as Taehyung gradually applied more and more intense pressure to her fragile neck. Like he was trying to slowly bend and snap a twig in half.

(Y/N)'s nailed sank into Taehyung's skin as she gasped out his name, toes curling and rubbing her bare heels against the rough wall.

"Why weren't you there? ..Why?" He whispered faintly.

(Y/N) felt herself becoming dizzy from the lack of oxygen, and her vision started to fade in and out.

"Taehyung.." She whimpered, leaning her head back against the wall in hope of some sort of way to let air pass through her.

But her head felt heavy, and she felt like she was being held under water.

Then everything let up.

(Y/N)'s body dropped to the floor, resulting in a loud clink from her chains. She ignored the pain aching throughout her entire body, and quickly sat herself up with the help of her left arm.

She felt that the uncomfortable pressure was now gone and her head jerked up with a greedy gulp of oxygen. (Y/N)'s hands reached up to cover her now bruised neck, as she coughed and gasped for air.

Taehyung simply gazed down at her terrified, confused and helpless figure and sighed.

He wants her dead, but he can't bring himself to do it.

"You're insane!" She screamed, looking up at him.

The cold look reflected on his face gave (Y/N) shudders.

(Y/N) made one last effort to search in Taehyung's heart for the place where his affection was still there and she could not find it through all the anger and heartbreak that draped over it.

"Forgive me, my love," She begged. "I didn't mean to cause you so much hurt."

Taehyung scoffs as he watched the young woman struggle to find her balance, struggled to stand even with the support of the walls.

"I admit my wrong doing, my love, I admit it! Yes, I purposely wanted you trapped forever in the sea. You would have been forever bound with me, forever sailing in my essence," She cried. "But your..stupid mortal mind did not seem to understand. We were truly together until I was cursed, and trapped in this human form. That's the moment we were ripped a part!"

Taehyung's angry face fell.

His red iris's faded out into their neutral pearly white, but with only a few of the baby blue streaks still lingering.

In that moment, he felt a tinge of guilt prickling at his heart.

Regret washed over him like the long slow waves on the shallow beach. Each wave was icy cold and sent shivers down his spine. How he longed to go back and take a different path, he even almost considered taking back his wish to (Y/N) being trapped forever and soon murdered.

Almost.

But now there was no way to make it right, on either of their ends.

Taehyung pushed his feeling aside and shook his head.

"You delightedly cursed me with your wildest dreams and revealed to me that they were hallow and naught but the blackish of ash," In a heartfelt and emotionally pained, frustrated way, Taehyung exclaims how his one and only true love betrayed him as he turned his back to (Y/N). "I felt like such a fool, (Y/N)..such a fool."

The sounds of Taehyung's heavy footsteps bounce off of the walls and echoed in (Y/N)'s ears.

She felt as if her feet were no longer bound by the metal chains, but swallowed into the cement below her. She could not bring herself to take a step, she wanted to go after him, but couldn't. She was paralyzed.

Her tongue blocks the back of and her bottom lip began to quiver. Her dark eyebrows knit in a sadden furrow as she watches Taehyung's tall figure grow further and further away from her.

"W-What is your fate, my love?" (Y/N) choked out, resulting in Taehyung to stop in his tracks. "Our fate. Kim Taehyung, do you..still love me?"

(Y/N)'s warm, shaky breath huffed out thick clouds of white into the air as her (e/c) eyes stared up at Taehyung's back that was facing her. Her knees buckle and her legs shake.

Taehyung did not speak.

(Y/N) drank in the silence to counteract the fear and uncertainty that threatened to engulf her fragile form.

The silence was as thick as the tension and it chilled her to the bone, especially on this inky night devoid of even bright moonlight and stars.

She felt like a slave to it.

(Y/N) swallowed thickly. Her cold, slender fingers pinch the silver locket that once was a gift from Taehyung loosely around her neck and held in tightly in her palm as her hands overlap themselves.

Her lover's ongoing silence made her blood as cold as the autumn air that crept through the metal bars blocking the small window. 

She pressed her clenched fists to her chest anxiously as she watched Taehyung slowly turn his head to the right. Glancing over his shoulder, their eyes met. Pairs of (e/c) and translucent milky blue lock.

His sorrow came in secret. Half on his dark brows and half in his mind.

Finally, Taehyung had parted his soft, peachy pink lips. And with his soft but deep velvety voice that (Y/N) loved so much, he spoke.

"My heart will forever and always belong to you.."

A singular warm tear rolled off (Y/N)'s flushed cheeks and dripped onto her closed fist as she could do nothing but watch Taehyung leave her.

Alone, chained, and cold she was.

 

 

_______

A/N: English isn't my first language so please excuse any future grammar and/or spelling mistakes.