Time Skip Encounter (2)

A Lone Spirit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Chaewon is growing up and Sakura doesn’t know how to deal with a hormonal teenager.

 

/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/

 

Time skip: 2 years (Chaewon aged 13)

Chaewon was getting busier now what she was in upper school. Her classes lasted longer, and she joined several clubs to appease her father. Chaewon now wore her hair in pigtails, like her favourite character from Frozen, Anna. Chaewon also got a laptop for her birthday to which she downloaded multiple movies to watch with me in the park.

During the winter, I would keep Chaewon warm by letting the girl sit in between my legs and then wrapping my long robes around us both. It helped that no one was around walking in the park in the cold weather, it gave us the perfect privacy we craved. In the summer it was harder to hide how Chaewon was ‘talking to herself’, she was older now, and people would be concerned if someone her age was still talking to her ‘imaginary’ friend.

I would consider myself fairly educated when it came to pop culture. Chaewon was obsessed with her K-pop groups, she made me listen to her favourite group and learnt all their names in one sitting so she could fangirl. Apparently, none of her classmates liked the same groups as her.

…………..

One wintery afternoon, we were hidden behind one of the bigger trees. It was the weekend, Chaewon wanted us to binge watch Twilight franchise. Something about her new fascinations for vampires and werewolves even though I explained that those mythical creatures don’t exist. She didn’t believe me, of course. Saying how I was technically ‘supernatural’.

We were halfway through the second movie when she suddenly hunched over, in main, clutching her lower stomach.

I panicked and held her by her shoulders.

‘’Whats wrong? Are you okay?’’

‘’Ow….’’ She groaned and shifted the laptop off her thighs so she could curl into herself further. ‘’I don’t know whats wrong…. My stomach hurts so much.’’

It hurt me just to see her in pain, I gently pried her arms off her middle so I could see what could be causing her discomfort, but she had no open wounds. In the past shes had ‘food poisoning’ but it was never this bad.

‘’Let me help you.’’ I lifted her up so she could sit sideways on my lap, since it was winter, my slumbering cherry blossom buds took longer to bloom and make their way towards her stomach. When they did, they glowed light pink and she visibly relaxed.

‘’Much better…’’ She sighed, fully laying her weight on me. She was thin for her size, I worried about how fragile she was being as small as she was. I could never convince her to eat more when she brought food over.

 

‘’I wonder whats wrong…’’ I trailed off.

She moved to stand up and brush the dead petals off herself but as she turned around, I noticed a red stain on her jeans. I may not know a lot of things, but I’ve been around long enough to know that females go through something once a month or so.

That day, we paused the movie session so I could explain (as much as I knew) about growing up and experiencing changes. Of course, she was embarrassed, telling me that she would have to ask her father to help her later. Seeing as shes only ever had her father to guide her in life, I can see that struggles and complic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter