First Encounter

A Lone Spirit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: So, I’ve always wanted to write a SsamKkura fic but never had the right plot to start. Now I’ve got a decent plot, hopefully I can steamroll and keep writing SsamKkura well in the future.

Also, SsamKkura is hella underrated lol

……….

 

 

 

For as long as I’ve known, I’ve been bound to this copse of trees. Never straying too far as I would fade away into nothingness. My life was tied to the trees. My name was Sakura, after the flowers that bloom beautifully for at most a couple of weeks during spring and then I would have to wait another year before I could feel full again.

It was lonely. Watching the humans take pictures of the flowers, yet they couldn’t see me, hear me… touch me. They would only come to visit me when I looked my best and would ignore me when the cherry blossoms were gone.

As a spirit, I would wonder around the park the humans have built around my precious trees. Often searching for some entertainment. Being a spirit can be incredibly boring as I had no other spirits to talk to. Couples would sit at benches kissing, holding each other as they murmured about their deep feelings for each other. I would always watch on with envy, wishing I could also experience romance too. Though it was impossible.

I must’ve done something horrible in my past life if God condemned me here, forever alone.

However, it was nearing spring, obviously my favourite time of year when one night a child came running into my park. She was dressed in her school uniform; she must’ve been no older than 5.

She had dark hair tied in twin pigtails, big brown eyes that were flooded with tears on her cute face and grazes on her knees just under her skirt. I looked around her, in the background, yet there were no adults chasing after her. Not a single soul in sight. I was worried. I had learnt that over the years, parents would never just leave their crying child unattended. It was a wonder why this child’s parents would let her go this far unnoticed.

I floated down from the trees, my robes flowing in the wind as I descended slowly. She had her back towards me, she was slumped against one of my trees, whimpering at her injuries as she poked at it not knowing what to do. I could feel the vibrations of her whimpers through the trunk because my senses were also tied to each and every single cherry blossom tree in the area.

I stood there, not knowing what to do. I couldn’t help her. She couldn’t see me, I couldn’t talk to her, I couldn’t touch her, heal her. I felt useless. I wanted to scream at God to give me just one chance to help this child. She didn’t deserve to be hurt. She was in pain and I desperately wanted it to go away.

I could feel the familiar sting in my eyes, and I clenched my hands, willing myself not to cry at my uselessness. This was my fault. My fault because this was punishment. This was my prison.

I walked closer to her; the wind felt nice on my skin, but I was sure the child was cold. So small, so fragile. I wish I could wrap my arms around her to keep her warm.

I sighed out loud, trying to figure out what to do.

Suddenly her head snapped around at the sound. She stared in my direction with frightened eyes.

I cocked my head and wondered what garnered that reaction. There was no one else in the park I could see or feel besides me. I looked behind me and there was nothing there until I realised, she wasn’t looking behind me but at me.

I turned around and stared back, bewildered.

‘’Can you see me?’’ I asked. Speaking felt weird, I had given up speaking about 200 years ago when I realised no one could hear me… until now.

‘’W-who are you?’’

I gasped and glided over to her in excitement, my quick gliding across the ground must’ve scared the poor child to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter