ch 4

Reset
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Present…

The sound of clock ticking is audible. A man lies on a hospital bed. He looks so pale with IV drips on his left wrist. It’s been a whole day but Sehun still asleep. He was found in cemetery, unconsciously, making every one worries about him.

Sehun’s life is not same anymore. Since that day, everything seems like an illusion. He can’t find the meaning of life anymore. He rarely eat. Works like a lunatic. And often daydreaming. He is easily losing his focus on something.

He is wrecked.

The Sehun that everyone knew –playful and cheeky— is disappeared. The Sehun they see now is lifeless Sehun. He never went out from his house anymore. He never smile anymore. He is just a dead man inside.

While he looks like a sleep, he can hears people talking in his room. Based on the voice, he knows they are Kai and Chanyeol. He is just too weak to open his eyes. He has no energy to move yet. And then he drifts to sleep once again.

Both of them talk in hushes tone so they will not interrupt Sehun’s sleep. “He has to do surgery as soon as possible. Or else… we will lose him.”

“Is it that severe?”

Kai nods apologetically. He is looking at his friend sadly.

“He is in the brink of death and life. Only you who can help him.”

Chanyeol says nothing for a while. He is contemplating between two choices. Shall he helps Sehun? But, how? He doesn’t even know how to help him. He is sad, of course, knowing Sehun’s condition… it pains him.

“Yeol, please.”

“I… I’m sorry, Kai. I don’t think I can help.”

“You can help with persuasion.”

Chanyeol shakes his head.    

“I don’t know. You know where I stand.”

Kai turns his body around, facing Sehun with his hands crossed in front of his chest. “I just… I don’t want to lose my friend anymore. She is enough. I will try my best to keep my friend alive. Even though I have to cross boundary,” He looks at Chanyeol again, “I will.”

Chanyeol doesn’t answer. He just wants to get away from the room as soon as possible. Hospital room always makes him wants to throw up. Hospital room will always stir memory that he wants to forget so badly. Memory when he lost his dear best friend.

Every time he visits hospital, he will always remember how much blood she shed. How his hands, shirts, and pants wet with her blood. How her anguish cry will rip his heart apart. How he saw the real death right in front of his own two eyes. Even until now, he remembers it clearly. Scene by scene. Every scene until the light finally left her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter