chapter seven

Unrequited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As a new day begins, the students of ENOZI University have their jaws hanging in agape as a particular bickering duo passes by the halls, talking and laughing unlike their usual daily routine wherein they pull pranks and fight over something so stupid and unreasonable.

 

"Okay, what the goes on?" Yena utters within herself as she squints her eyes with her arms crossed leaning against the teacher's desk, trying to examine the sight of Sakura and Minjoo being so engrossed with the other's presence that it seems like no one else mattered.

 

"Something definitely happened during the weekends." Yuri added, mimicking the actions and stance of the older.

 

"You think they're dating for real now? Does that mean our mission to get them to fall in love with each other is cancelled?" Nako asks, but all she got as a response is mere silence since they're all puzzled with the current situation at hand.

 

"Maybe they found out that their parents sent out someone to spy on them." Hyewon blabbered nonsense, causing the former three to roll their eyes. It was obvious that they're all trying to stomach in the sight presented, but they just can't think of one possible reason as to why the infamous bickering duo is now, no less than what seems to be friends.

 

"I reckon they were finally able to sort their feelings for each other and confessed." Yujin said, coming out of nowhere and simultaneously a certain raven haired fairy has stepped a foot inside their class. The bickering duo caught her frame by their peripheral vision and immediately whipped their heads towards her to wave a peaceful good morning before turning their attentions back to each other.

 

Seeing that caused Chaewon to halt from her tracks, in front of the other five who are just as surprised as her.

 

"Is it just me or did they not fight over who gives Chaewon a better good morning?" All six of them blink their eyes in confusion, refusing to believe what they witnessed in fromt of their very own eyes.

 

Even so, it seems like Sakura and Minjoo doesn't really mind the looks that the whole class (including their teachers who seems to have forgotten that she has a lesson teach) are giving them. Instead, they proceeded to talk about whatever it is that they can think of, sharing their every experience in life that they didn't notice that the bell already rang and it's time for their break.

 

"Okay lovebirds, as much as we enjoy you guys being all friendly and nice to each other instead of trying to cut each other's throat but it's already time for lunch and I'm really hungry so can you just continue flirting at the cafeteria?" Hyewon then grabbed a hold of the Japanese's collar, pulling her out of the class without even waiting for the latter's seatmate.

 

"Yah, Min and I were talking!" The cherry blossom yells as she was trying to free herself from the taller girl's grip but to no avail, so eventually she just gave up and let herself be dragged around until they finally claimed a table to sit on.

 

"So it's Min now? Not frog, not llama, not monkey, not spoiled princess? Is that like your thing now?" Eunbi whispered into the grey haired girl's ear, startling her. The sudden jolt caused their friends to let out a laugh, to which Sakura thought was so immature.

 

"We're friends, okay? Don't make this an issue, we both still like Chaewon the only difference is that this time around we're actually friends. So can we please not make this a big deal?" The latter said, almost pleading but the crew refuses to give her some peace, maybe a payback for not letting them live their life in peace back when she and Minjoo were always fighting.

 

However, before they could utter another word, Chaewon took the empty spot next to the whining lass along with the other five sitting subsequently. Seeing that, the other five who are fully aware of the bickering duo's engagement, darted their eyes on the three, curious about what kind of drama might unfold.

 

"Oi Min, I reckon Chaewon will like my bread better than yours. Want to bet against it? Loser gets to be a slave for the whole day." The grey haired girl blurted out of the blue while wearing a confident smirk, her foe then locked their eyes together, returning the smirk as a sign of agreement before rushing toward the bread section of the cafeteria to buy the fairy some baked goods of her liking.

 

"How are they suddenly friends after weekends?" Chaeyeon narrows down her eyes as she trails the two's retreating frame. The five girls then exchanged subtle glances, trying to communicate with each other in secret.

 

"I won't be surprised if those two ended up dating after this week ends." Wonyoung claims out of the blue, shocking the ones who knew about the engagement.

 

"You have absolutely have no idea, bunny." Yena was grinning ear to ear, confusing their maknae but then decided to just brush off the uncertainty. The former then nudges her head towards the duo who has no clue that they're the subject of the conversation.

 

The crew noticed that instead of racing each other back, Sakura and Minjoo are casually walking to their table, holding a tray while the younger was laughing and the other obviously being the sole reason of those infectious smile.

 

"I bought you a cinnamon roll." The Japanese was the first one to sit beside the raven haired fairy, followed by the brunette who's still having a hard time trying to regain herself back from all those laughing.

 

"That's all she got, I on the other hand bought you an almond croissant along with this yogurt drink." The brunette boastfully said, sliding the tray of food in front of their fairy crush, obviously bragging about her actions which got the older girl jokingly rolling her eyes.

 

"It doesn't give you an extra point because I bought this cinnamon roll with love." Sakura argues but the younger girl only stuck her tongue out as a response.

 

"Thanks guys I really appreciate all of these, I get that you're friends or whatever now but I am not risking it so I'm not going to choose, but just so your bet and efforts wouldn't go into such a complete waste, Hyewon unnie will you do the honors of eating these pastries and choosing which is better?" Chaewon said, catching the formerly bickering duo at a surprise.

 

"But that's not how it works! I swear we won't be a pain into each other's anymore." The grey haired girl was ready to protest and was getting all sulky but when their fairy crush turns to give her a glare, she whimpers and puts her hands back on her lap defeatedly to behave with a pout.

 

"Now if you'll excuse me, there's this transfer student that I have to tour around the campus. The dean thought it would be wonderful to have me, also transferee student to accompany this new student, like that doesn't even make any sense." With that being said, the raven bid her goodbyes, leaving the pair to be sitting besides each other once again.

 

"Well that , yah Kang Hyewon give me those, it's not for you." Minjoo abruptly snatches the tray back to her side when the said girl was about to launch on it and the same goes for Sakura, making her sulk for having her food taken away.

 

As they take their minds off of Chaewon, the crew started to talk about other things like how their weekends went off in attempt to corner the bickering duo who's not even lending an ear because once again, they were too engrossed with each other's presence to even care.

 

"Oi minkkura, how was your weekend? Judging from the looks of it, you two spent an amazing weekend together because how else could batman and joker suddenly became the best of friends when they've been each other's nemesis ever since they were born, am I right?" Chaeyeon then shifts the topic to the pair who seems to have been caught off-guard because of the statement.

 

"What?" The beauty utters in confusion, her eyes darting from her fiancée to their friends back and forth. Nervousness can be seen in her eyes, it's already too much to have five of their friends know about the arrangement, she can't handle if all ten were to know about this, especially when she's pursuing Kim Chaewon.

 

"No offense guys, I mean don't get me wrong I'm glad you two have finally resolved your two year unresolved lover's quarrel but it's just so odd seeing you two this friendly and we're really curious as to how the hell did that freaking happen." Eunbi narrows her eyes as if trying to figure out what the duo is hiding, but to no avail.

 

Sakura then made eye contact with Yena, sending a cry for help because her own mind went blank upon hearing the question. With that, the duck lipped girl immediately came to her rescue. Being her quick witted self, she smirk discreetly before speaking.

 

"Well Yuri and I had a date yesterday and we dragged those two along with us because there's this free movie something downtown for two couples. They realize

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter