final

Unrequited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NO PEEKING AT THE ENDING GUYS! IT'S GOING TO BE NO FUN.

 

Minjoo was waiting for her mom to come and fetch her, she's been long gone and she missed everyone but she has to forget about her feelings for Sakura. Over the time period of being away, the beauty had done nothing else but to accept the fact that the feline won't ever love her the same.

 

It was a gruesome experience for her, thankfully Junkyu was there to keep her mind off of reality. He was there to help her get pass her struggles, he made it bearable by calling her at most nights and singing her a beautiful song that she so admire. Indeed, he has a voice that will surely capture her heart.

 

After what felt like an eternity, the brunette was confident that she have moved on from Sakura. However, when the bell chimes and a certain frame barges her way inside the café, panting and looking like she ran across the world, Minjoo knew she thought wrong about her feelings.

 

It all came crushing to her, the butterflies in her stomach, the way her heart beats madly as if it's going to rip her chest off, everything. The cherry blossom frantically scanned her eyes through the room, and when she had found what she was looking for, her gaze softens with tears threatening to fall from her eyes, so was the other.

 

"M-minjoo..." She struggled to utter her name as she started to feel suffocated. Slowly, Sakura dragged her feet closer to the goddess who was left stupefied on her spot who was overwhelmed with her sudden downfall of emotions.

 

However, before she could get close, Minjoo swiftly gathered all her things and hastily tried to get pass her. The older followed her out, surprisingly faster than how she usually is. She was calling her out but the former acted as if she heard nothing and continued to walk away.

 

But she was put to a halt when the grey haired lass managed to catch up to her and enveloped her arms around her waist. There it was again, her heart screaming the other's name like it's the only name it knows.

 

"I'm s-sorry p-please talk t-to me." At this point, Sakura was practically begging to be heard, begging to have her back. Tears are already streaming down her cheeks, and when she felt the younger trying to break free from her embrace, she tightened her hold, refusing to let go.

 

"Minjoo please, I'm sorry for being such a jerk, just talk to me." She pleads, only to fail miserably. Now, the beauty could feel wetness on her shoulder, she knows it's the smaller's tears and upon feeling that, she couldn't help but set her tears free too.

 

"I was an idiot, I was dumb and everything. I had you but-" The brunette prays for this to moment to stop, she didn't want to hear all these for a reason that she might give in only to get hurt in the end, and her prayers were immediately answered when she heard her mom calling out to them.

 

"Minjoo? Sakura?" The younger has never been so delighted to hear her mother's voice. Both of them turned to where the voice came from and feeling the arms around her slowly turning loose, she wasted no time to rush towards her mom's own embrace.

 

"Honey, what's wrong? Are you okay? God you don't know how worried we were for you. I missed you so much, please don't do that ever again." Her mom said with relief in her voice, eyes landing on the tear-stained japanese.

 

"Mom let's go home, please." The beauty begs, to which her mother responded with a nod, giving the other girl an apologetic look before taking her daughter inside the car, leaving the former at the verge of crying once again.

 

Sakura got home two hours after walking around God knows where. She did it to clear her mind, making her parents anxiously searching for her everywhere and was relieved when she showed up at home. However, they were greeted by a different version of their daughter, she was all gloomy, her eyes bloodshot red, shoulders are slumped, in simple words, this is far from her cheery self. Instead of apologizing for causing troubles, the grey haired lass went straight to her room and locked the doors, not letting anyone in, even their maids to bring her some food.

 

 

The day after that, the feline was having second thoughts whether she'll be attending their classes today or just skip class, somehow afraid of how her ex fiancée will react to seeing her. Judging from yesterday, she knows that Minjoo probably doesn't want to see her after everything that has happened. But she can't blame her, she knows that she deserves it.

 

Finally gathering a bit of strength and filling herself with hope that the brunette will somehow give in to her charms, she made her way to the car. It was supposed to be a thirty minute ride, but since the she was way too engrossed with her words, it felt like a minute. With that, she got out of the car and headed to her class with heavy foot steps.

 

The instant that the cherry blossom stepped a foot inside the room, everyone fell silent. All eyes were on her, including the brunette who was talking to a certain lad. She's aware that some her friend's who are on Minjoo's side are throwing daggers at her while she walked to her seat, eyes planted on the girl that she's been eagerly waiting for.

 

"H-hey." Sakura greeted, she was hoping for it to be returned but all she got is a forced smile from the lass who turned her attention back to the guy behind her.

 

The older releases a heavy sigh, dropping her bag on the ground as she buried her face on her arms on top of the table to fight the urge of crying. Yena who was watching her friend intently, felt pity over her. She herself wanted to help the Japanese fix whatever mess she made, but couldn't because Yuri instructed her not to stick her nose into their business.

 

Sorry buddy, but you're going to have to deal with this alone.

 

The duck lipped girl thought to herself, even though she knows that they're the only ones who could fix each other.

 

As hours of class pas by, before they knew about it, lunch came by faster than their usual day. The beauty swiftly left their class, heading to the cafeteria with Junkyu by her side while a certain grey haired girl is still fast asleep on her desk, thankfully, her friends woke her up.

 

Opening her eyes, she instantly searched for someone in particular, only to be disappointed as she found the desk beside hers is already empty. She was hoping that the two of them could talk during their break, but it seems like the younger is avoiding for it to happen.

 

Arriving in the cafeteria, the feline's eyes are still desperately searching for Minjoo. Yuri have noticed this and so she plopped her body next to the older and spoke coldly.

 

"She doesn't want to talk to you, you should know that by now. After everything that you've done, do you really think that she will ever want to talk to you again? Oh right, weren't you the one who said that you don't want to see her ever again?" She utters, catching the other's attention who was wearing a frown on her face.

 

"I just want to fix this Yuri-ah. I've been in denial for so long, and even put the blame on her for Chaewon and I's break up. She needs to know how I really feel about her, please just let me talk to her." The latter begs but the blonde only gave her a scoff in disbelief.

 

"There's nothing to fix, Sakura. You already ruined everything, you already hurt her and let me just tell you, you don't deserve her anymore." The grey haired girl felt a pang in her heart upon hearing those words. Yes, she already knows it all, they told her about it countless of times already. However, there's no need to rub it on her face.

 

The rest of their friends have heard the two arguing, they tried to break them off but to no avail. Instead, it only got worse.

 

"But you wanna know who does? Junkyu. From day one, he has always been there for Minjoo. You had all the advantage, you were engaged to her, she was IN LOVE with you, and she only sees him as a friend. She did everything you want, even avoided him just because you said so. But who stayed when she was hurting? Certianly not you. Just off Sakura." The said girl hung her head low despite all the painful words being thrown at her, she didn't fight back. Instead, she held her emotions inside, clenching her fist so tightly to the point that it's boring through her palms and cutting her skin.

 

Deep inside, the cherry blossom knows, her friend was right, and she hates that Yuri's right. However, she still wanted to fight for her the brunette, she's not giving up without a fight. She'll only stop when the latter told her to do so.

 

With that, the grey haired girl stood up from her seat and walked closer to the two frames who's obviously enjoying each other's company. She looked at the younger with pleading eyes that's bloodshot red.

 

"Can we please talk?" Sakura begs, only to be rejected afterwards, so she nodded her head in understanding before wordlessly leaving the cafeteria, a few of her friends following suit to comfort her.

 

The Japanese didn't give up trying that day, she would always ask the beauty to talk each d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter