chapter twelve

Unrequited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A certain brunette's hands fidgets along the hem of her shirt as she waits for a single disruption of the silence engulfing her. She refuses to look up at judging faces that would meet her eyes or so they think. Of course, they would have judging faces. She had confessed that she loved Miyawaki Sakura, the girl who was once her enemy, her rival, the person who always gets under her skin.

 

The eerie silence was deafening her, she was hoping for a single response, any kind of response from them to help ease the nervousness rising up inside her.

 

Along the silence, a hand reaches for hers and it was enough to make her look up and see how wrong she was. She had thought that her friends would judge her for what she had just confessed but they didn't. Instead, when she meets their gazes, it was soft, the concerned kind of soft and the happy kind of soft. She wasn't sure but it must be somewhere along there.

 

Seeing the look on their faces removed a heavy burdern from her shoulders. She knows her friends and she should have trusted them more. Tears fill her eyes again and before she could sob, she felt the crew gather around her and lock her in an embrace. She was truly glad that these girls are her friends.

 

"How're you feeling now, Minjoo?" Yuri said as she passes the beauty another glass of water that she took from downstairs when to which the latter had gulped in one go.

 

Minjoo nodded her head, implying that she was doing better. She gulped down another half of the water that was passed to her to relieve herself and possible hydrate herself after crying so much.

 

When she puts down the glass of water, she looks up to the comfortable gazes of her friends and clears . She knew she had to tell them, she owes it to them after not trusting them about everything, after they have come to treat her.

 

"I-" Even when Minjoo stuttered, her friend's eyes were urging for her to continue and waited for her patiently saying that they'll wait until she was ready, no one pried further and no one forced her to explain, but she knew she had to. Maybe to help ease herself from the burden.

 

"I didn't know when it started, but when I realized it was too late, I knew I was falling for her." She gulped down a chunk of saliva as she finishes the sentence she had never thought she would say. She then looked around trying to gather strength from her friends.

 

"I know it sounds stupid but knowing how Sakura likes Chaewon and she likes her back, I know I don't stand a chance. I just wished I realized before I fell." Minjoo looks up to the ceiling trying to fight back the tears that was threatening to fall on her face again

 

She felt her friends scoot closer to her and son she felt their hands on hers, and around her. It was a simple gesture but it was enough to give her support.

 

"It was bound to happen, Minjoo." Eunbi says as she wipes the tears on the younger girl's face. The others nod at the statement, confusing Minjoo while the eldest urges on.

 

"Either one of you would have fallen for each other, when we saw how close you guys were getting to be. And don't worry about Sakura she'll eventually realize that she likes you too." Eunbi tries to assure the younger girl but she too was doubting her own words.

 

"It's okay if she doesn't, unnie. If she's happy then so am I." Minjoo sniffles and wipes a tear on her face. Eunbi wanted to say more but she could not give false hope to Minjoo when she herself doesn't know what the future holds.

 

 

"Unnie! Did you order pizza?" Yujin was sprawled on the floor as she plays the PS4 against Yena who was struggling and trying to beat her.

 

"Yeah, I did." Sakura said as she checks her phone waiting for the order to arrive.

 

When the bell rang, Hyewon was quick to stand up from her place and head towards to door carrying with her the payment. She is always so quick when it comes to food, Sakura thought as her eyes follow the figure out the door.

 

Hyewon came back with boxes of pizzas in hand and contrary to her indifferent facial expression, this time, she was wearing a grin on her face as she placed the boxes at the center of the carpet. Sakura was sure that this girl has her own duality when it comes to food.

 

The cherry blossom had invited her friends over to tell them about Chaewon, it was the perfect time for them to talk just with her group of friends especially when Minjoo is at Yuri's place right now. Don't get her wrong, she likes Minjoo and she is always welcome to hang out with them, but this time, the topic was about Chaewon and she knew it was a sensitive topic between them, when they are currently fighting on who Chaewon should date.

 

The rest of her friends join Hyewon who didn't even dare to wait for them to eat a slice of pizza. Each of them took a slice of pizza as Sakura watches her friends devour their slices in seconds.

 

"So, unnie how are you and Chaewon doing?" Yena asks as she munches on the remaining of her pizza. Hearing the fairy's name electrifies the Japanese's whole body and she mustered herself to tell her friends one of the reasons why she asked them to be here.

 

"Yeah that's what I want to talk about" The girls nod at her and tells her to continue, even if Hyewon was busy devouring another slice of pizza, she listened attentively to what her friend was about to say.

 

"You guys know how I like Chaewon, right?" They nodded but had an aura around them that they didn't believe it but nevertheless, they nod to urge the older to continue.

 

"I think she likes me back." The girls around Sakura had their eyes widened when they heard her say the assumption but unlike Hyewon who was munching on her pizza, looking uninterested, the others dropped their pizza and hung their mouths open

 

"And I want to have her as my girlfriend." 

 

 

Sakura was called downstairs by her parents leaving her friends alone in the room, they immediately huddled to start thinking about the plan they used to have. Initially, they had planned to sabotage the 'cancel the engagement' the duo had planned but hearing her confess about her feelings to Chaewon they couldn't help but feel guilty about forcing the grey haired girl to be in a relationship that she doesn't want.

 

Yena didn't bother to hide her sigh in front of her friends because she knew that they all know what her expressions as well as her reactions are trying to convey.

 

"Well there goes our plan to set minkkura up together." The purple haired girl said with much disappointment. Although she is happy for her friend, she still couldn't hide the disappointment because their ship just sank to the bottom of the ocean.

 

"What about Minjoo?" Hyewon asked out of the blue, confusing the three others who are with them.

 

"What about her?" Nako asks back and the glutton stared at the trio in disbelief.

 

"Oh you didn't notice?"

 

"Notice what?"

 

"It's literally all over her face."

 

"Damn it Kwangbae just spill the beans already." Yujin nags, getting impatient because the older is taking way too much time to just tell them what she meant with her words.

 

"Minjoo is clearly in love with Sakura." Hyewon blurted out nonchalantly, silencing the three, mouths hanging agape and eyes opened wide. Words were out of their system upon hearing that and their brain literally went blank.

 

She may appear to be someone who doesn't seem to care about anything other than food, but Kang Hyewon is the sharpest amongst all twelve of them. She noticed every little detail, the way Minjoo's eyes sparkle whenever she's with the Japanese. The black haired girl was also able to observe that the beauty smiles much d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter