Scene 01

Remember You, Remember Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I leave mom and dad in your care, Ri."

 

(Lee Seunghyun’s POV)

 

I opened my eyes soon after I heard that words. I looked for all around my dark room but found none other than me, lied on the sole bed in this room. I gripped my tousled hair as I remembered that words spoken by familiar voice. I knew it was only a dream, but his voice got heard so alive, as if he told me in person. I let out a harsh sigh, frustrated. This recent seven years, I've looked for him like a crazy man. But until now, still no news I got about him. About a man named Lee Jiyong, a man whom shared the same surname as mine.

Drrrt....drrrt...drrrt...

My phone which laid on the table next to my bed vibrated, lighted through its screen. I took it as I leaned my back on the board of my bed. Robinhood, it was the name of the caller. I swiped my phone to answer the call.

"What you have got?" I asked him to the point.

"I found a man matched with the description you've given to me, Sir."

"Tell me." I commanded him.

"I've got the detail about him, I will send it to you."

After that, I ended up the call. Not long after the call ended, I got a mail from him. I opened it immediately. The man on the photo was truly him, I still can recognize him even he looked older than the last time I saw him. No wonder, we have separated for ten years. He must grew old, me too. The first thing I paid attention about his data was his name. Kwon Jiyong. Then his parent's, Kwon Jo Hyuk was his father and Kwon Hyemi was his mother. No siblings. His birthday was still the same as I remembered, while his address was the same address of his rented apartment ten years ago. Then I moved to the next page, another information I got which made me... surprised. He has married to a woman named Sandara. He also has a six years old son named Sanghyun. I looked at the picture of Jiyong hyung together with his wife and son. They smiled happily in that picture. Both Jiyong hyung and his wife run a wedding specialized fashion business which offered wedding dresses and tuxedos, completed with the jewelry. Appler Bridals, it was its name. It seemed that his business run well as I didn't find anything suspicious about it in the data.

That Sandara lady I presumed has a younger sister as she got registered in his family registry. Park Chaerin, 25 years old, a rising model for fashion magazine also for several famous fashion designer. Now, she is a postgraduate student of fashion design in one of famous university there, in Paris. I closed the file then dialed my secretary's number.

"Director Lee, what make you call me this late?" Secretary Kang's hoarse voice greeted me.

"I want you to..." I paused as I thought about the things I wanted him to do. "Nothing. I will tell you tomorrow. Sorry for disturbing your sleep." I ended the call just right after I said it.

It's still 2 in the morning, but I can't go back to sleep. After ten years, finally I got a news about him. But still, that sole information can't be brought immediately in front of my parents. Especially my father. However, he was the one whom made Jiyong hyung decided to leave our family. Then, what about my mother? She must happy to hear that her son already married to a beautiful woman and has a son. But, before I tell them, I want to meet him. I want to make sure that the man in that file was really my brother, Jiyong hyung.
***

"Good morning, Director Lee." Secretary Kang greeted me as I walked towards his desk. I nodded as my reply.

"Have you found it?"

"Yes, Director Lee. I've put the document on your desk." Secretary Kang replied with his smile.
I nodded at his answer and when I was about to go in to my office room, Secretary Kang's voice interrupted.

"Director Lee, actually there's someone waiting for you since ten minutes ago."

"Nugu?"

"It's..."

"It's me, dar~ling..." A cute, girly voice cut Secretary Kang's answer as well as my office room's door got opened. A girl appeared behind the door with her smile plastered all around her face.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her lazily. Seeing her face was the last agenda I expected today. After hearing my question, her sweet smile turned into her infamous frown. She pouted her red rose lips and stomped her foots, made her heels clanked with the tiled floor noisily.

"I miss you. How could you ask me that kind of question first thing you see your fiancée after I come back from Australia?" She bombarded me with those annoying question as she stormed toward me and ended up hugged me tightly. The same routine I got every time she came back from her business trip.

"You only gone for five days, Jennie." I replied her as I tried to escape from her hug. But to no avail, her hug just got tighter than before. I tried to have another thing to distract this annoying girl as I looked at Secretary Kang, but he was busy with his work. It was when I want to say something to Jennie, someone came in.

"Secretary Kang, I need Director Lee's ..." that person stopped talking as he caught me. "Oh... Director Lee, good morning." He greeted me as he bowed to me. Then, his sight moved to something, it could be correct if he looked at someone whom still hugged me tight. "Ah, maybe I will come here later, after you finished your business, Director."

"No need, Choi Bujangnim." I stopped him right before he stepped away from his place. "Just go to my office first."

Chief Choi smiled then bowed before he walked towards my office. I looked at Jennie, pushed her lightly then faced her properly. "I need to work." Just then, I left her there. Chief Choi already opened several documents on the glass table which placed in the middle of my room. I sat across him as my eyes looked at the documents one by one briefly.

"You need not to hurry, Seunghyun-ah. Whoever see her must know that she really miss you." Chief Choi, or I put it simply, my senior Choi Dongwook, lectured me. He always became friendly when it was only the both of us in the same room.

"And I have enough of your lectures about that thing, hyung." I replied him without left my sight from the document in my hands.

"You still waiting for what? You two have been together for five years." Choi Dongwook hyung asked while his hands took the document I have signed on it then offered another one to me.

"Waiting for my heart beat crazily." I responded as my eyes scanned the whole document then my right hand did the signing on the right bottom part of the document.

"Seriously?!" Choi Dongwook hyung closed the last document as he shouted out that word. He looked at me with frowned face. "That beautiful Kim Jennie still couldn't make your heart beat crazily. Are you really a normal human being?"

I just shrugged my shoulders as my answer. I really didn't want to discuss that unrelated business matter. "If you have finished your business, co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter