Chap07

Dibs! She's mine!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 They all went home. The four girls saying that they have a lot to do like homework and stuff, so Seungwan was a bit sad because it's a good night to have a sleepover.

 

 The two younger girls she understands why, but two older ones she doesn't get it. They're classmates so she doesn't know if she missed out on homework or something.

 

 Instead of dropping them off one by one, the girls insisted to get off at Seungwan's  then walk to their houses.They all waved goodbye at Seungwan and went on their way. Same did the four, as one by one they went home and the last two being Joohyun and Seulgi.

 

 The two waved each other goodbye, but Joohyun didn’t miss Seulgi’s giddiness of tomorrow being Saturday. They all know it’s a Saturday tomorrow, but she's just extra happy about it. Joohyun thought that Seulgi might be just happy for the coming weekend, so she shrugged it off.

 

 Joohyun at the comfort of her own room, lying on her bed, and just staring at the ceiling, thinking. 

 

 Thinking about the four. How everything’s gonna turn out. She’s not oblivious to what’s happening around her. Even though Seulgi and Sooyoung are not saying anything, she can see it through their little actions. How Seulgi would look at Seungwan with so much happiness. Then Sooyoung staring at Seungwan so fondly. 

 

 With Yerim, she can see how much the younger girl adores Seungwan. She might’ve teased Seungwan a little more than enough, but Joohyun can see how much Yerim looks up at Seungwan and how much she likes her. 

 

 Like she said, she is not blind to it all. She can still remember how heartbroken they were when Seungwan had to leave and study abroad. It took a few days before everything became a little better, and it’s still because of Seungwan making sure that they still get to have their little talks every now and then.

 

 “Even though we’re miles apart, you guys are always in my heart.”, Seungwan said on their first group call. From there Joohyun saw the spark of happiness starting to set fire on them again. Seungwan is right, they may be miles apart but it doesn’t change how much they love each other.

 

 From then on, the sadness that they felt when Seungwan left faded into thin air every time Seungwan would call. They would even have movie nights every Friday. 

 

 They know Seungwan has made a lot of friends in the country where she’s in, but Joohyun can still remember how Seungwan would make time for them even with the different time zones. 

 

 Joohyun thinks then that if Seungwan can do that for them they should also do the same. The four of them have friends outside of their circle too. Sooyoung has her classmates and as well as Yerim, but at the end of the day or whenever they have the scheduled call, they make sure they are free and they are there for Seungwan. 

 

 Joohyun looked at her clock and checked her phone. “Weird.”, she said. Not a single message in the group chat. 

 

 An idea kicked in that after 20 mins. Here she is at Seungwans gate contemplating if she made the right decision to come over. Joohyun buzzed and Seungwan answered. 

 

 “Oh! Joohyun unnie! Why didn’t you go in right away? Did you forget the lock code?”, Seungwan said through the intercom. 

 

 “No, it’s just that I don't want to intrude.”, Joohyun answered.

 

 “What are you talking about unnie? It’s completely fine. Sooyoung even went straight to my room this morning and walked in on me as I was dressing up.”, Seungwan said and let out a chuckle. 

 

 ‘I see. So that’s what Sooyoung did this morning. That devil. I’m gonna strangle her.’, Joohyun said under her breath. 

 

  “Unnie! The gate is already open, aren’t you coming in?”, Seungwan said that snapped Joohyun out of her murdering thoughts of Sooyoung. 

 

 Joohyun closed the gate behind her then walked straight to the front door. As she opened it she was greeted by Seungwan preparing some slippers for her to use.

 

  Seungwan greeted her with a warm smile and led her to the couch to sit. 

  After they sat down, Seungwan started talking right away. “What brings you here unnie? I thought you’ll be busy with something. Which made em really think that I may have missed something on our classes today.”, 

 

  Joohyun was just staring at Seungwan that she didn’t even noticed the girl waving at her. “Unnie? Yoohoo. Unnie?” 

 

  Joohyun woke up from her trance and said, “Yeah! I was just thinking that if you haven’t eaten yet that maybe we can have some food delivered. So?”

 

  Seungwan furrowed her brows, looked up like she was thinking, and pouted at the same time. 

 

 ‘Cute’, Joohyun thought and smiled. 

 “That will be good unnie. But I can cook too if you want?”, 

 “Nope! I’ll order.. Maybe..”, Joohyun said squinting her eyes as she thinks of what to order. 

 

 “Tteokbokki!”, they said the same time and laughed.

 “Well, it seems like we still have that in common, unnie.”, Seungwan said and smiled. 

 

 Joohyun felt like she’s living in a dreamworld. Seungwan right in front of her, not just in a small screen. Hearing Seungwan laugh clearly not from a small box that sometimes would break up or sound robotic. 

 

 Seungwan stood up and got her phone to dial for delivery. After doing so, Seungwan asked Joohyun if she wants some tea and the latter said yes. 

 

 While Seungwan is preparing for her tea, Joohyun stood up looked around the living room. Looked at the photos that are displayed. It’s Seungwan’s family. There are photos that are taken in Canada and some old photos too back when their whole family are still in Korea. 

 

 There are photos of them too. Their group. From back when they were still kids until that day when they all have puffy faces because of crying that Seungwan had to leave. Their faces were swollen but they’re smiling. Because Seungwan said that day, “I’m not gone. I’ll be back. I love you guys and I’ll call you every time that I can.” And Seungwan kept her promise. 

 

 Joohyun smiled remembering those memories. How would they still be in the same room even if they got into a fight over some petty things because of Seungwan's call. Even how Seungwan will be the one to fix those fights even if she’s miles away. 

 

 “Here, unnie.”, Joohyun was startled by Seungwan as she poked her side then gave her the cup of tea. 

 “Reminiscing?”, Seungwan teased.

 “Yeah.”, Joohyun smiled then took a sip from her cup. 

 

 The two went back to the couch and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter