My Years With You

Ennui Collections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

12 years old. I was 12 years old when I met you, too young to even consider what love really is. I remember it to well, September, I was looking at you through the glass window of our classroom and you were looking back at me with your cat like eyes, when our eyes met you signaled me to call my seatmate because you needed her. A minute has passed but I was still looking at your eyes, I saw that you're growing impatient because of me so I snapped out of the trance and called my friend Rosé. You waved at her and signaled her to come out. I know it seems wrong to say but I'm not that attracted to you back then, well, that's what my 12 years old self thought, my naïve 12 years old self, but as I think of it now, maybe I was attracted to you, on how the way your eyes seem to hold galaxy but so full of questions when you looked at me, no, not maybe, I am attracted to you back then, but what does a 12 years old know about that? Months passed and we became close through Rosé, I can't really remember how or why but you became my closest friend. The friend everyone wishes for.

 

13 years old. I was 13 years old when you left me, you needed to transfer to another school due to your family. I remember you went to my classroom, like when I saw you for the first time, but this time I'm the one you signaled to come out, it was 7pm that time, our last class for that day, and no stars were seen in the sky, I guess they knew what would happen. I remember the words that came out of your mouth, "Where's my hug Lisa?" I was baffled why were you asking me that, then you told me that you were leaving, feeling numb was an understatement, I couldn't talk, I couldn't move, but still, I smiled for you but realizing it now I smiled for me, you hugged me but I didn't hug you back, I regret that until now. I should have hug you back, I should have told you how much I’ll miss you and I should have told you to stay, but really, what does a 13 years old me can do?

 

14 years old. I was 14 years old when we lost touched with each other, I remember my friend telling me "Lisa, did you know Jennie has a boyfriend already?" Pain? I didn't feel it then because I was happy for you, I was happy that you found someone that would take care of you. Because all the 14 years old me want is your happiness, her best friend’s happiness but I was still 14 years old when you texted me suddenly and told me he cheated on you, I was always there for you when you needed me, we became close again, we spent hours talking through the phone until you get sleepy. Phone calls until 2am while we were both looking at the stars in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter