[3] ― Laundry Machine

Hues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  warnings: filler chapter T H R E E      **

“Move in with me,” Baekhyun said, looking up from his tablet, he saw how Hayoung’s mouth gape at his question, smiling weakly then, “I mean, just to keep you save?” He continues. She opened up , closing it right after; not knowing that to say.

 

It had been three days ever since Jinyoung invade the privacy of Hayoung’s apartment, things have been quiet yet Hayoung was still on edge because of it, constantly looking around and not being able to be at ease. Right after what happened, she doesn’t stay in her apartment, opting to crash in one of her best friend's place.

 

Baekhyun never leave her side even though she stubbornly told him that she will be fine, saying that he wouldn’t be able to sleep if he’s not sure that she’s save without any threat coming her way. Of course, Hayoung was grateful about it, though at the same time, she felt burdened because she was no one important in his life―at least that is what she told herself from time to time―but Baekhyun was too stubborn for her words to go through her thick skull.

 

She doesn’t want to depend herself on him, her mind filled with the thought of him caring for her out of obligation of their deal when she asked him to help her to pretend to be her boyfriend. Depending herself on anyone in general was never a favorable idea in her mind. She grew up being told that women could be independent too and she wanted to prove that to herself and her family.

 

Speaking of family; Hayoung stay mute about her problems at hand. She doesn’t want her family that was happily living over the ocean to worry about her and persist her to move together with them to the States, though she knew that sooner or later she needed to tell them. But not now, not even soon.

 

Baekhyun’s soft voice break her out from her thoughts, making her sigh. She bit her bottom lip, her eyes that were staring at him showed an uncertainty.

 

“You don’t have to-”

 

“Where would I sleep?”

 

They spoke at the same time, Baekhyun being stunned by her question and Hayoung smiling at him in a cheeky way. He thought it was very cute of her to be cheeky when her cheeks are redder than the red he currently used to color his illustration. She gestured him to answer her question, being curious knowing that Baekhyun is living in a studio apartment with one queen sized bed.

 

“You could sleep in my laundry machine.” He shrugged, and she badly want to smack him for his lopsided grin that was stretched on his lips.

 

“In?!”

 

“I mean, you’re small enough to fit.”

 

Hayoung groaned, throwing the closest paint brush she have inside her apartment.

 

“I am not that small.”

 

“Sure, baby, keep lying to yourself.”

 

“Baekhyun!”

 

Her loud scream and his laughter resonated inside her small apartment, bringing joy to both of them, as if there is nothing to worry about.

 

 

**

 

 

Hayoung still didn’t say anything about Baekhyun’s idea of moving to his studio apartment, it was not because it’s small, his studio apartment are really spacious and enough for another bed to be put somewhere on his apartment. She doesn’t know how will it be appropriate for her to move in with a guy―that was only her pretend boyfriend―without it being weird. How will she explain to her friends about her moving out, even?

 

She was tempted, of course she was. Who wouldn’t be tempted when they were being offered a good place to live in and a promise of protection? Yet, she couldn’t bring herself to say yes to him, and she doesn’t have anyone to talk to her about it knowing that what everyone knew of was her dating him, for real.

 

“Baekhyun,” she called her softly, they left her place about an hour ago, opting to finish their assignments in a nearby cafe for more inspiration, “would it be weird if I said yes to your offer?” She questioned.

 

He hummed at her question, putting his pencil down to focus on her wholly. “By the majority point of view, of course it would be weird,” he said, smiling at her, “but it’s for your protection, and if any of our friends asked why you decided to move in, you can answer them with my place

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter