[1] ― Burst of Colors

Hues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  O N E      **

Baekhyun once again found himself visiting the craft store downtown to get his art supplies. He knows exactly why he decided to visit said craft store. It was not because of the supplies are cheaper, neither because it was closer to his apartment but it was because she was there.

Kim Hayoung was her name.

The first time he saw her there was when the craft store he usually went to ran out of the canvas he needed, leading him to meet her. She was a part of his circle of friends, having met each other a few times yet their conversation never grew past a hi.

After their meeting at the craft store, they grew closer. They talked to each other more often, making Baekhyun’s heart thumped every time he was near her. Sometimes, more often than not, they met up in their campus garden to talk about their next assignment, being the only two that shared the same major in their group of friends.

Baekhyun found her again, this time she was choosing a few canvases to put in her basket that was already full with tubes of new acrylic inks. Baekhyun noticed that she didn’t look as bright as she usually did, her frown and slight pout were enough evidence. He slowly walked toward her direction, making himself known by bumping his shoulder to hers.

“Bad day?” He asked, a smile played on his lips as he used his finger to trace the frame of one canvas. He heard her hum, but didn’t ask again; not wanting to push her to talk about her problem.

“Just,” she started, head tilted to the side, “someone is bothering me about something.” She sounded hesitant. Baekhyun waited for her patiently, turning his head to look at her.

“We can talk about it somewhere else. If you want.”

She turned to look at Baekhyun, her lips stretched into a tight smile, giving him a nod, “Yeah, let me pay first.” Baekhyun bobbed his head, telling her that he’s going to get a new sketchbook.

They agreed to walk around to find the nearest restaurant after they put their supplies in Baekhyun’s car. The walk didn’t feel awkward, it was filled with silence, yet it was the kind of silence Baekhyun and her appreciated; looking at passerby and the scenery of the little stores.

For someone like Baekhyun, he really loved walking around in an area that he is not familiar with. Always memorizing every nook and detail of the place for him to paint later when he is free from his assignments.

 

 

 

**  
 

 

Both of them ended up sitting in front of each other in a little Pizzeria they manage to find. She has never been here, sure, she hang out a lot within the area but she was never been a fan of pizzas, yet here she is―basking in the homey feeling of the place and how the smell of freshly baked pizza filled her nostrils.

Hayoung let her eyes wandered around the place, intrigued by the color schemes of the place’s interior. Appreciating how the majority of red hues adorning the place accompanied by the color green and white. She loved colors, loved how one colors can be differentiated between hues. It was always a wonder for her, how colors worked. How one shade of color can be mixed between others to create a whole new shade, how it could be lighter and darker. It amazes her.

Her eyes automatically stopped at the sight of Baekhyun who was currently reading through his menu, not knowing what to order since she did ask him to order for the both of them. Baekhyun is wearing a t-shirt in the color white. She noticed how his shirt are stretched over his shoulders, accentuating the boardness, making her wonder how fit he actually is. One of the things she also noticed were his chains that seemed to never leave his neck. Always hiding behind any outer he wore.

Baekhyun was attractive, she admitted. With the way he dressed himself and carried himself, the man screams attractive. It was the reason why she never had the bravery to get closer to him. It was not because Baekhyun have a bad reputation; it was simply because she was afraid to fall in love with him way too quickly. Yet, one encounter with him lead to them eating out together without their other friends and it would be a lie if she said she was not enjoying it.

“Let’s order one large cheese pizza and garlic bread as its side-dish, yeah?” His question snapped her out or her thoughts, nodding her head to answer him. Without much thought, he calls out to one of the waitresses to order. After he was done, he put his full attention to her, grinning boyishly.

“Ready to talk?” He asked in a soft voice, fingers drumming on the table.

 

 

 

**

 

 

“That's it.”

Hayoung finished her story, making his mouth gape at disbelief. He knew that she is one of the most popular students in their major, yet the fact that someone goes to the length of forcing her to date them makes Baekhyun feels uncomfortable.

“So you're telling me that someone is so keen in dating you to the point they almost harass you,” she briefly nods at his statement, trying to swallow her food. Baekhyun knows that even talking about this is hard for her, “and you accidentally blurted out that you have a boyfriend.”

“..yes,” he noticed that she sounded shameful, “and I need your help.”

Baekhyun arched his brow, asking her in what before he sips his drink―which he regrets because her action makes him choke on his drink.

“In pretending to be my boyfriend.”

“W-what?” Baekhyun stutters, not knowing how to digest her request. After all, he did developed some kind of crush at her and he did want to pursue a relationship with her. Why not date for real, he wanted to ask. But he knew that it would probably be too soon as they only started to get to know each other for a few weeks.

She cringed at Baekhyun’s reaction, sighing. “I mean,” she bit her lower lip, unsure what to say, “if you don’t mind..?”

Baekhyun wiped his mouth with a tissue, silence overcoming the both of them and for the first time ever since they hang out, it was the awkward kind of silence. He thinks through it, he definitely wants to date her. But fake dating her?―not so much. He was afraid that he would develop deeper feelings for her if he accepts her request. But at the same time, he thought of her story. Having someone who harassed someone else to date them is bad news. Moreover, based from her brief story, they started showing up at places that she was at. He’s worried that their liking towards her will grow into an obsession that would hurt her.

Maybe with him dating her―even though it was only for an act―will make the person go away and realize that she has no interest in them. Even though he knew that she always told them that she is not interested. Baekhyun weighed down his options, and came to a conclusion that he would approach his feelings for her later and would be prioritizing her safety instead. So, after ten minutes of silent, he agreed to help her.

“Okay,” He said, shocking himself at how his response sounded too sure. He peeks at her expression through his lashes, finding her smiling shyly.

“Okay,” she repeated, “you’re my boyfriend now?”

“Pretend,” he emphasized, “but yes, I’m your boyfriend.”

That managed to bring a smile to their lips.

 

 

**

 

 

Their lunch ended up being filled in a happy atmosphere, somehow it doesn’t feel bad nor awkward to pretend to date each other. They talked about their boundaries, agreed to hold hands, hug, and kiss. For some reason, it didn’t feel awkward when Baekhyun tried to hold her hands on their way back to where their cars located. Their fingers interlaced as she swung their hands gently as they walk.

It really didn’t feel bad.

 

 

**

 

 

Baekhyun decided to fetch Hayoung from her last class since his class ended earlier. Even though they shared the same major, they did take their specific courses. While Baekhyun classes are more focused on illustrations, her classes are more focused on graphic designs. Of course their line of work that they are trying to reach are different, while she mentioned once she wanted to be a graphic designer, Baekhyun just want to create art.

He takes a seat on the bench in front of the classroom, taking out his carry-on sketchbook and letting his hand do the magic. His pencil move in a direction where he ended up sketching her face, smiling at the rough outline of her face. He stopped himself when the door opened, closing his sketchbook to get up from where he was seated.

And there she comes.

With her hair tied in a messy bun and her fingers staine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter