speak now | one shot

Speak Now | Minayeon One Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon glared at her reflection in the mirror, observing her swaying hair as it was being blow-dried. The ticking clock on the wall insisted in reminding her that she would be late for the wedding. 

No amount of sunshine could make this day less dreadful for Nayeon, to the point in which she wished it never arrived. But of course, ironically enough, time flew by, almost like an entire page of the calendar had been ripped off.

Seeing the person you love marry someone else is something she never thought she'd have to live. Still, her luck once again proved her wrong, and she was getting all dolled up for such a miserable event.

Following minutes of nervous ticks and frustrated groans, she was running from the salon to a cab, being careful not to trip in her heels. The last thing she needed now was to show up with a bleeding knee, surely her presence there was already unwanted as it was.

Her heart palpitated as she paid the driver and walked out of the car and into the venue. The wedding was being held outdoors, near a grove that was somewhat distant from downtown Seoul.

There were several round tables where the guests were seated, each one of them with extravagant decoration and fancy-looking food. The place was filled with flowers and lights everywhere. Nayeon hated to admit it, but it looked like a scene in film.

It seemed like most people had already arrived, and even though she desperately wanted to be invisible now, quite a few pair of eyes were set on her. 

She awkwardly smiled at them and was met with icy gazes. Mina's family was there already, all dressed up in ridiculously flamboyant attire. 

Mrs. Myoui was yelling at a bridesmaid who spilled apple juice on her dress and Nayeon couldn't help but notice it resembled a pastry of some sort.

Restraining her desire to laugh, the dark-haired girl sneakily searched for a table to sit in. Luckily, there was still an empty one, although it was rather far away from where the most important part of the ceremony would take place.

As she took in her surroundings, she could see that the groom, Hyunwoo, was already at the altar. He stood there, proud and stoic, his chest puffed. To say that Nayeon didn't like him was an understatement. 

Hyunwoo was self-centered, snobbish, unpleasant and, most importantly, extremely rich, which made him just about the perfect match for Mina in her parent's eyes. 

Sighing, she stuffed with some of the sweets at the table. She didn't know if she was happy or sad that the food was delicious. 

"I can't believe Mina actually wants to marry this guy... she's the exact opposite of him," the girl thought, being careful not to glare at the man who wore a white, surely expensive tuxedo.

Nayeon figured that this had to be some sort of pressure from Mina's family. There could be no other explanation. But a little voice inside her head insisted on reminding her that this could be her fault. 

She knew she was a coward for never having the courage to make a move. For never closing the distance in between them even though she had the chance to. So maybe Mina just decided to settle with this guy.

Of course, the possibility of Mina actually loving Hyunwoo existed, but Nayeon preferred to not think of that option.

He doesn't deserve you... he doesn't know you the way I do... I bet he's never even noticed the way your gums appear when your smile is a little too big... or each little mole on your face... or the way your face lights up and your cheeks redden whenever someone compliments you.

Nayeon felt unwanted there. She only showed up because of how much Mina insisted. They have been best friends since they were children, after all. But she knew that everyone else didn't want her there, and she could feel poisonous glances being shot in her direction. 

Mina's family never really liked Nayeon. She was unsure if it was because she wasn't rich, or if it was because it was too obvious that she was in love with their daughter. It was probably both.

The girl clutched to the fabric of her yellow dress as the organ started to play the traditional wedding march. She rose from her seat, imitating those who were around her. 

In all her radiance, Myoui Mina resembled an angel even more than usual in her white wedding gown.

It was as though Nayeon forgot how to breathe, her eyes set on the bride. Mina flawlessly walked down the aisle, carrying a bouquet of white roses in one arm while the other was wrapped around her father's. 

And then their eyes met, causing the butterflies in Nayeon's stomach to crazily flutter, just like they always did. Mina's smile slightly faltered and she quickly averted her wide eyes, focusing them back to her soon-to-be husband.

Nayeon watched her join him by the altar. His cocky smile made her blood

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter