Tattooed on my Heart

I'll Always Have You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyeon owns a tattoo shop. She loves tattoos. She enjoys seeing someone getting their tattoos. She appreciates the people with tattoos but she doesn't even have one. It's like collecting paintings even if you don't paint at all. For her, seeing her customers satisfied with their tattoos is fulfillment in itself.

 

She answered a lot of questions regarding her not having a tattoo yet owning a tattoo shop. But her answer is always the same.

"I don't need to have one to own one (tattoo shop)."
Her love for tattoos is enough to pursue this business.

 

But there is one thing that she personally doesn't agree on when it comes to tattoos, it's removing them. Her stand is this: it's permanent, it should stay that way.

 

This world is full of temporaries, tattoo is one of a few permanent things. So if you decide to have one, it must be because you want to have it for the rest of your life.

 

The tattoo shop that Chaeyeon owns is not that big but it is slowly making it's name in the industry. She maintains a close bond with her staff and some regular customers as well. Although she's not doing the tattoo herself, she always keeps an eye on every customer they give service to.

 

"Why don't you have one, a butterfly maybe?", the customer asked Chaeyeon.

"It's still a no for me", she answered politely.

"What is the real reason for not getting one? I'm pretty sure you have a good reason for it. 

"Hmmm..."

"Sorry for intruding. You don't have to answer."

"I think I just don't have a reason...inspiration, enough to have it tattooed on my skin...yet."

"I initially thought maybe you're afraid of needles or something."

"Ah, it's not it. I've been hurt more than the pain from these needles."

"Deep..."

 

Chaeyeon stepped in her office, sat on her chair. her conversation with their customer stirred something in her.

 

 

4 years ago

Chaeyeon is staying with her college bestfriend, Yena in a small apartment. Yena is the one who introduced her in the world of tattoos.

 

It's Yena's birthday. Chaeyeon wanted to surprise her so she bought balloons and other stuff to decorate their place. When Yena arrived, it is Chaeyeon who is surprised. Yena excitedly showed Chaeyeon her tattoo on her left arm.

 

"Why did you get a tattoo?", Chaeyeon asked.

"I want to remember this moment forever", Yena replied.

"You can still remember it if you want to even without a tattoo."

"But I want to be reminded by it everywhere I go."

"Fine. So, what happened?"

"It"s official, we're a couple now."

"What? The one you met a mont

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter