Painful choice

Flaring Affection (FA)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The ride back to the mansion was quite quick with the help of his power bike. 

However, he was welcomed by the sound of gunshots. He jumped off his bike, pulled out his gun from his jacket pocket, and rushed into the mansion, but the scene in front of him wasn't funny.

 

The mansion was attacked, armed men were in the living room, trying so hard to push their way through into the rooms upstairs, and that was the very last thing Sehun and the other bodyguards would allow, even Baekhyun.

 

The rider pulled out his second gun from his back pocket and joined the fight. He was swift on his feet, his body movement was on point and the moment he began to shoot his enemies, Sehun and the other bodyguards knew at once that Baekhyun had arrived.

 

Baekhyun enjoyed what he was doing, but he was also after the diamonds, that was his main mission. He rushed down to meet Sehun in the heat of the moment.

 

"Hey man, where are the diamonds?" Baekhyun asked while shooting at two people.

 

"It's in the boss's room. Check beneath his bed, there's a key there, take it and open his closet there you will see a secret door." Sehun was still talking to Baekhyun when suddenly the rider pushed him down and shot twice at one of the armed men, thereby saving Sehun's life.

 

"Forget the diamonds first, let's finish this man, and then I will take the bag back to Rex." Baekhyun didn't wait to hear what Sehun had to say, and he went back to what he loved doing best.

 

His body movement was swift, he was well-calculated and very alert. He was more like a fearless lion in the face of danger. With Baekhyun's incredible strength, wisdom and swiftness, they were able to do away with the armed men just like how Baekhyun wanted it.

 

The bodyguards sat on the floor, they were all exhausted. 

 

"Thanks for helping us, Baekhyun," Jongin said as he got up from the floor to hug the rider. "I've missed you so much." He said and Baekhyun smiled.

 

"Same here bro. I can't wait to be back home. Just a few more days, that's all I ask for, and I will be back home with the boss." Baekhyun said in a low tone. He looked at Jin before walking up to him.

 

"Get these bodies out and activate the security system destruction laser. By doing that, no one will be able to attack you till the boss has fully recovered, okay?"

 

"Sure, I will do just that," Jin replied, he called some bodyguards, and they began to tidy the mess.

 

Baekhyun went over to Sehun, it was time for him to take the diamonds.

"Tell me where it is." Baekhyun was in a hurry, he wanted to leave the mansion with the diamond that night before it was dawn.

 

"Rex kept it in his secret room. After collecting the key, open his closet, you will see a door to his secret room, open it and get the diamonds from the drawer."

 

"Got it." Baekhyun rushed into the room, he did exactly as he was told, and in fitness minutes, he was out with the bag in his hands. "I'm on my way now, don't forget to activate the system security destruction laser. You will hear from Rex once I get to him." Baekhyun headed outside the mansion, he got on his bike after he secretly hid the diamonds in his backpack. He was about to drive off when some armed men surrounded him.

 

Baekhyun looked at them and sighed. "What do you want from me?" He asked calmly, he was already running out of time. He knew he already told Rex that he won't be back till the next morning, but he changed his mind. He wanted to make it back to the forest that same night.

 

"You just obstructed our duty." One of the armed men moved forward, "And I don't find it funny." He looked angry, but Baekhyun laughed. He found the man's words funny and extremely annoying. 

 

"Are you sick in the head or you're just trying to be funny?" Baekhyun walked closer to the man and frowned. "You might think you and your so-called boss have the upper hand now because of Rex's death, but trust me, no one will go into that house." 

 

The rider said and he wasn't joking. He looked at Sehun and made a nod once, and immediately, the security system destruction laser was activated. There was no way for anyone to intrude because they would get burnt instantly.

 

Baekhyun looked at the armed men with angry eyes. "Get out right now else you will be sorry." He warned, but they refused to listen.

 

"You're not in any position to tell us what to do." The man took Baekhyun unaware. He stabbed his left rib with a dagger, however, Baekhyun was quick to drift away before the dagger could stab him deeper, but he was already bleeding.

 

The rider knew what was coming next. He was about to pull out his gun when they all attacked him. It was a quick move they made knowing that he was already injured. 

 

However, Baekhyun refused to accept defeat. It was one thing he hated the most and he fought back without thinking about his injury. 

 

The fight wasn't funny, and the rider knew he might not win this time around due to the continuous attack on the same injury rib. He was already on the floor with his backpack still on his back. He hated the situation, but he still pushed himself to fight back despite knowing that it was a forfeited battle.

 

The rider tried his very best, he pushed himself to the limit and stood up after beating most of the men, but a bright light suddenly blinded his vision and that of the men. Baekhyun couldn't see anything, but the scene was very familiar to him. 

 

He smiled when he was pulled by his hand, and he knew what was coming next. He shut his eyes and held his breath, and in a matter of seconds, the whole area was filled with tear gas.

 

The rider escaped, he rushed back to his bike, waved at Sehun and the other bodyguards who were extremely worried, and drove off at a high speed. He smiled when he saw another bike behind him.

 

The rider didn't stop until he was far away from the mansion and the armed men. He stopped his bike and stepped down and the other bike also stopped. 

 

Baekhyun watched the person in a blue top and jeans pants closely while smiling softly. He could already tell who the person was.

 

"Hey Baek." The person said with a beautiful smile gracing her face after taking off her helmet. 

 

"Hey, Wendy." Baekhyun walked up to her and warmly embraced her. "I missed you." He whispered into her ears before pulling away to look at her.

 

"I missed you too, Baekhyun." She looked at him closely and sighed. "You're injured and it's bleeding."

 

"It's nothing, I will take care of it when I get to my destination," Baekhyun said. He saw the wound as nothing, but Wendy shook her head in disagreement with what Baekhyun said.

 

"No can't do. I will be quick with it." She insisted, but the rider was firm to his words. He had someone waiting for him at the hut, and that was where he wanted to be the most.

 

"Thanks for saving me earlier, I appreciate it." He glared at his wristwatch, it was already past 1 am. "I have to go now. I will call you when I get home and we'll talk more." He hugged her again before getting on his bike. "Take care and thanks again." 

 

"Don't mention it." She waved at him and smiled as he did the same before driving off at a high speed.

 

She watched him with admiration till he was out of sight. She hugged herself as she still felt his warmth around her.

"I missed you so much." She muttered and got on her bike and drove off to her destination.


 

                       💠💠💠💠💠💠


 

Baekhyun got to the forest by 3 am. He couldn't drive faster because he was feeling dizzy, so he slowed down a bit. He kept his bike hidden and made his way into the hut, but he was shocked to see that Rex was still wide awake.

 

"Baekhyun?" She rushed over to him, but the rider hid his i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter