Harsh reality

Flaring Affection (FA)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You failed?" Lee yelled at his son. He had just returned from his trip to China and heard about the attack on Rex's life. "That was such a perfect opportunity, one that we might never come across again, yet you ing failed!" The man was pissed. He had always dreamed of killing Rex, unfortunately, his son, Nick blew up their only chance.

 

"It wasn't my fault, it was Baekhyun's fault, that guy is so swift, smart, and extremely strong. He destroyed our plan and got hit by the bullet instead." Nick sighed in frustration, but his sister, Sora pushed him on the back angrily.

 

"You're lucky that nothing happened to that handsome guy. You know how much I love and admire him, yet your stupidity almost ruined his life." She walked away holding a bag in her hand.

 

"And where do you think you're going?" Her mother asked.

 

"To see the man of my dreams. I met him once at the mall, I never knew he would end up being the personal bodyguard to that worthless Rex. I will do all I can to make sure he hates Rex and join us in the battle against that monster. I'm going to treat my hair first, then I will head straight to Rex's mansion." She walked away before anyone could ask her further questions.

 

"Sora is trending on a dangerous path. What if Baekhyun had already told Rex that I am the one that almost killed him, do you think Rex will spare Sora's life?" Nick was worried and scared at the same time. He knew what Rex is capable of doing when being provoked.

 

"I'm not sure Rex will kill Sora, let's hope she succeeds in winning that bodyguard over," Lee said. He was still mad at his son, but he couldn't blame him forever.


 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒


 

Rex sat in front of her disappointed father with her head bowed low. She knew what was coming next and she was kinda ready for it. 

 

"You're a total disappointment." His words were more hurtful than she had expected. She looked at him for a few seconds, fighting back the urge to speak back.

 

"When did you become this foolish? This isn't how I trained you, yet you keep failing me over and over again." 

 

"It wasn't intentional. I had no idea that would happen, besides, I had everything under control." Rex tried to explain, but Min chuckled.

 

"You had everything in control you say? If not for that bodyguard, you would have been dead already, and all my effort, investment, and money would have been wasted."

 

Rex felt extremely hurt, she tried not to be affected by her father's words, but she couldn't hold it in anymore.

 

"All your effort, investment, and money? Is that what I mean to you?" Rex asked, her eyes red from anger. 

 

"You're being overdramatic right now and you know how much I hate that."

 

"Overdramatic you say?" She chuckled. "Let me remind you that I made all that money you're claiming to be yours. You gave me only three companies, but with my efforts and hard work, I built and established more than fifteen companies all with my money, power, and fame. Need I remind you that even this mansion, the cars, and the oil factory all belong to me, father!" She raised her voice while looking her father in the eyes.

 

Min couldn't endure hearing about her achievements. He knew she was right about everything, he knew that Rex was ten times wealthier and more successful than him.

 

"Rex!" He yelled. He attempted to slap her, but she held his hand firmly before he could hit her and she angrily pushed it off. 

 

"Don't you ever think of slapping me again? I'm not a child and I'm now aware of what I truly mean to you. All my life I've done all you asked of me, I even pretended to be who I'm not, I live a painful and pathetic life, yet all you're after, all you care about is my own money and nothing else." Rex punched the table without letting a single teardrop. 

 

"I saw this coming." The man's tone was low but filled with anger. "I knew a day like this would come but I never knew it would be so soon. It's your wealth for sure, but the bodyguards are all mine. From today onward, I will discharge them from their duty. I will make sure you regret standing up to me today." The man pressed a switch beneath the table and Sehun rushed into the room.

 

"Starting from today, you and the other bodyguards are all mine. Call them all over now." Min instructed and Sehun bowed before pressing the main switch and in two minutes, all the bodyguards including Baekhyun walked into the room.

 

The rider immediately noticed great sadness, hurt, pain, and anger in Rex's eyes. He could tell that something was wrong.

 

"All of you are coming back with me to my mansion now, your service here is no longer needed." The man said harshly. 

 

The bodyguards were confused. They looked at Rex, and the mafia boss nodded, giving them her permission.

 

"Yes Sir." They replied in unison.

 

Min was about to leave when his eyes met with Baekhyun. He was already interested in the rider, knowing that he was the powerful mysterious nightcrawler.

 

"You're also coming along with me this instant." His tone was deeper, and Rex's eyes doubled in size. Her heart began to race in fear and anger. She didn't want Baekhyun to go with her father for any reason, she would be very lonely. She was about to object to his word but Baekhyun was already on it.

 

"I'm sorry to disappoint you Sir, but I do not take orders from you. Mr. Rex is my boss and he's the only one I acknowledge." He looked at Rex, and she lowered her eyes.

 

Min nodded his head. He expected that from Baekhyun anyway so he wasn't surprised. He looked at Rex and folded his fist.

 

"You will regret ever standing up to me." He said angrily and walked away with the bodyguards. 

They all hated leaving Rex alone, but they had no choice, or else their families would pay for every wrong decision they made.

 

Rex punched the table the moment she heard her father's car leaving her mansion. She couldn't look Baekhyun in the eyes because she was ashamed and hurt. She walked out of the meeting room and went back to her room.

She wanted to be alone and away from everybody.

 

___________________


 

The mafia boss has been in her room all day, staring at her reflection in the mirror. She had always known that her father was never pleased with her, but she never knew that he also hated her. She sighed and got up. She was about to grab a bottle of water when she heard the most annoying voice in the world. She left her room and stood on the staircase, watching the y Sora smiling like an idiot.

 

"Baekhyun." She called in a seducing way, and the rider showed up with a frown on his face.

 

"Who are you?" He asked while looking at her with questioning eyes.

 

Sora smiled when she saw the man she loves so much. She ran to him and hugged him. "My dear Baekh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter