Unbreakable Rex

Flaring Affection (FA)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rex had seriously thought about her next move of making Baekhyun her personal bodyguard and it came out as a perfect plan.

 

She left her room and headed straight for the living room. Her father had already gone back to his mansion. He never spends the night in Rex's mansion, he only visits once in a while

 

"How may I help you, boss?" Sehun asked the boss who had already sat down on her favorite chair.

 

"Call the rider here." 

 

"Yes, boss." Sehun wasn't sure of the boss's reason for calling Baekhyun, but he couldn't question the boss. 

 

He went to the hospital where Baekhyun had been resting. He felt intimidated when he saw the rider sleeping peacefully after giving him a hard time sleeping due to thoughts.

 

"Wake up, the boss wants to see you." 

 

Baekhyun blinks his eyes open. He looked at the head bodyguard and chuckled.

 

"It's about time." He got up and followed Sehun to the main living room. He sighted Rex from a distance and he noticed that the boss seemed disturbed.

 

"He's here," Sehun informed and Rex nodded.

 

"You may leave now." Rex's eyes were on Baekhyun the whole time and Sehun noticed it.

 

"Yes, boss." Sehun glared at the rider before exiting the living room.

 

Baekhyun chuckled at the head bodyguard's behavior, he sat down on the chair next to Rex before sighing.

 

"It's about time we have a real conversation." 

 

"Of course, but don't get all cocky with me, you might regret it soon." Rex smiled calmly and Baekhyun found her smile so beautiful. He shook the thought off his head and relaxed against the chair.

 

"Whatever. Why are you still keeping me here? I didn't sell out your information, and I know that you've already searched my apartment to be sure that I'm the nightcrawler, so why am I still here?" The rider asked. He was tired of bodyguards watching him like some freak.

 

"I need your services. I want you to be my personal bodyguard and work for me as the nightcrawler. I will provide all you need, I will take care of your sister's education till she graduates, I will also protect her from those bad guys after her life, and I will also give you anything you want. Do we have a deal?" 

 

Rex has never been so serious in her life. She needed Baekhyun in her life, she needed his services at all costs.

 

Baekhyun said nothing. He stared at the mafia boss for a while. He's an expert at reading people's facial expressions, and he could tell that Rex needed his help so much. He sat up and poured himself some water, he drank it all and Rex said nothing but watch him closely.

 

"I work for no one but myself and I can protect my sister. I don't like you because you shot me for no reason and also kidnapped my younger sister." Baekhyun relaxed back and stared at Rex.

 

"Does that mean you won't accept my offer?" Rex asked. She was disappointed but still kept a proud look.

 

"I didn't say that. I will take the offer, but I have a condition."

 

"What condition?"

 

"I want you to permit me to destroy the former Mayor without interfering. You will let me have my way with whatever way I chose to destroy him, and you won't interfere. Do we have a deal?" Baekhyun asked with all seriousness while looking deep into Rex's eyes, and the mafia boss chuckled in delight. The man Baekhyun wants to destroy is someone she doesn't like, so whatever Baekhyun wants to do has nothing to do with her.

 

"Deal. You have my words." She sounded calm and Baekhyun nodded.

 

"Great. I will be your bodyguard, but if you betray me, you will regret the day you met a man like me."

 

"I don't betray my bodyguards, I see them like family. However, if you turn out to betray me, I will not hesitate to kill you and those you ever loved. I'm that heartless." Rex said in all seriousness, but she suddenly bit her bottom lip and bent over to hold her lower abdomen.

 

Baekhyun noticed that she wasn't feeling well, so he sat up. 

"Are you okay?" 

 

"I'm fine, just an upset stomach. You can wait here, Sehun will show you around and also take you to your room." She stood up and left the living room back to her room.

 

"Damn this useless period." She opened her drawer and took out some painkillers before laying on her bed. She was having painful cramps, but knowing that Baekhyun had agreed to be her bodyguard made her happy.

 

_______________


 

Sehun walked into the living room, he glared at Baekhyun for a while and the rider smiled at him.

 

"Come with me, let me show you around and your room as well." The head bodyguard sounded angry but Baekhyun wasn't moved. He followed the head bodyguard behind till he was taken to his room.

 

"This is your room," Sehun said coldly. Baekhyun looked around before nodding.

 

"Not bad. You may leave now, I want to rest." He winked at Sehun before shutting the door in his face.

 

Filled with rage, the head bodyguard kicked the door before walking away, and Baekhyun laughed. He kind of felt good, hurting Sehun's pride. He sat on the bed and called his sister. He told her about his new job, but he didn't tell her about the nature of the job. They talked for a long time and he was glad his sister was back to herself.


 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒


 

A week went by in a blink. Rex wasn't always around. She stayed in her room most of the time, she would only come out when something important occurred.

 

It was the day of the grand auction. Rex had anticipated the day, she couldn't wait to put Nick and his father to shame.

 

She sat on her main seat and Sehun stood beside her, while Baekhyun sat across the table. She looked at the rider for a while, she could tell that his arm was healing fast. She looked him in the eyes before looking away and she began with her speech.

 

"There will be an important auction at the previous Mayor's mansion tonight. I was invited so I will be away." She looked at Baekhyun again, this time with a thoughtful look.

 

"I didn't get your name, rider."

 

"That's because you didn't ask." 

 

Rex was already used to Baekhyun's rudeness, so she didn't mind. Moreover, she didn't want the other bodyguards to know that he was the nightcrawler just yet.

 

"What's your name?"

 

"Byun Baekhyun."

 

"Baekhyun." She nodded as she registered the name in her head. "Starting today, Byun Baekhyun is now my personal bodyguard." She announced and it came as a shock to everyone, but no one dared to question her.

 

"Jongdae you're in charge of the mansion tonight, while Baekhyun, Sehun, Jongin, and Jin get ready, you're coming with me to the auction party." 

 

"Yes, boss." The bodyguards answered in unison. They dispatched themselves to get ready.

The rider also got up to leave, but Rex stopped him. 

 

"Baekhyun, wait behind." 

 

The rider said nothing, he remained seated and looked her in the eyes. 

"Do you have a special job for me?"

 

"Special isn't the right word I'd say. You're new here, I'm sure you've learned much from Sehun due to your differences, so I want you to stay closer to me. You're my new bodyguard, my personal one at that, surely it's going to draw a lot of attention to you, so I want you to be careful." 

 

Rex knew how dangerous being her bodyguard is. Warning Baekhyun of the impending danger was the right thing to do. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter