Part 3

Our Path

“Oppa, you’re really something…” I said to him on the phone while opening my laptop, looking at his videos I found online.

“Hm? What do you mean?”

“How does it feel to sing on stage, only in your underwear?”

“…”

“Oppa!”

“Did you search my name online?”

“Whoa, I can’t believe this.. You’re jumping so freely like that…”

He laughed listening to my comment.

“It was fun to you, wasn’t it?” I said.

“Hahaha… Are you sure it was me, though?”

“It’s clearly you! There were your band mates, too.”

“I mean, it’s not like you’ve seen my body.. How could you be so sure?”

I could feel some heat building on my face after the comment.

“Are you still watching? Do you like what you see?”

Ah, seriously. There he thought we could continue this conversation. I angrily closed my laptop.

“No I don’t! My laptop is closed now,”

He chuckled.

“Alright, that’s me. It was so hot, I was always so sweaty when we performed. The place was crowded, too.”

“Forget it. What you said before made me sound like I am some kind of ert,”

“Aigoo, uri Minyoungie. You know I like to tease you,”

And I hate it because it worked every time.

“Okay, okay. I’m sorry…. I didn’t mean it that way. I was just surprised that you even bother to search my name. And you managed to find that old video, too.”

I pouted at his words, then smiled a little.

“I told you I want to know about you,”

“I know.. I just didn’t expect that you’ll go to that extent,”

“Am I weird?”

“Nope. Anybody can search about me if they want. You are not an exception,”

“Or was there something you don’t want me to know?”

“Hmm… I did many things that people think of as uncommon, that’s true. I don’t think I would be able to do them ever again, but that’s my life journey and I think that helped me grow in some ways. So no, I don’t have anything to hide. Especially not from you,”

He certainly had a way to make me smile. I didn’t know if he knew the effect he had on me, but even talks like this made me feel closer to him, it only added up every single day.

We’ve been talking on the phone like this since that conversation in the studio. He took me home when we were done, walked me to my apartment door. That was the last time we met in person. We also had our schedules, not to mention the holiday plans. I didn’t know that he was a kind who planned trips, but apparently he had booked tickets and rooms for holiday with his family and friends even before the drama ended. We haven’t met again even though there were times in between when he thought of coming over. I always found excuses for him not to. The obvious reason was the ‘things only couples can do’ that he mentioned before. What if I gave in when I saw those piercing eyes and that alluring voice? I was even surprised at myself for being able to offer the deal back then.

“But I thought you said you watched my works before we started the drama?” He then said.

“I did. But I didn’t search your name. I just looked up your movie and drama and watched everything I could,” I said. “By the way Oppa, I would really love to watch your musicals too.”

“I’ll ask around if somebody had the recording,”

“That’d be great! Thank you,”

He chuckled again. “I also get to know you more from this, you know.”

“Now you see that I’ve got a knack for being a stalker?”

“Hahaha… No. I just think that you’re quite insistent,”

“I know, right? I heard that a lot, too.” I said. “But how about you, Oppa? Aren’t you curious about me?”

“Well… I think I did more or less the same,” he said. “You look really cute when your hair was short, and I didn’t expect such dancing skills to come out from an actress,”

“So you did search my name too!”

“I also look at your social media everyday waiting for your update,”

I couldn’t help to smile again. “Why didn’t you say anything about it?”

“Should I?”

“Not that you should.. But I thought you would want to comment on them, too.”

“Hmmm.. I guess other than they make me smile, I don’t have anything else to tell you?”

“Oppa. You’re a player, aren’t you? Words are coming out too smoothly from your mouth,”

“I don’t know about that. You said I could be honest, so that’s what I’ve been doing,”

“Are you like this too in a relationship? Or is this just a phase that would pass once you get the girl?”

“I don’t know, Minyoung-ah. I don’t analyze myself.”

“Should I ask your exes, then?”

“I don’t think they would find it comfortable,”

“Or probably someone close to you… Like Lee El-ssi?”

He got silent at that. I’ve been holding myself from not asking, I was actually relieved for finally blurting it out.

“You read the news, too?”

“I search your name, Oppa. Of course it came up. Especially when the news just got out,”

I heard him sigh.

“Why didn’t you say anything to me about it?” I asked.

“I planned to, only if you asked. I wasn’t sure if you’d be interested in listening to me talking about that,”

“What makes you think that I might not be interested?”

“Because you said you’re not sure about being in a relationship with me yet? I simply don’t want to push it to you.”

Now it was my turn to sigh. Right, he said he didn’t want to push it.

“Alright now. So may I have your word about it?”

“It’s exactly as what my agency said. We’re just friends,”

“That’s it?”

“I.. Actually I’m not the type who bother with gossips. I didn’t even think much about it when it came out last year. But I am bothered now because you’re here. I don’t want you to think that I’m not serious when I confess to you, or even worse that I asked you to date me when I already have a girlfriend.”

I stayed silent, waiting for him to continue.

“Now that you already search about me, you must have probably seen photos of me with my girl friends. I am not a kind of person who is concerned about gender when it comes to friendship, and I also don’t think that having a girlfriend should make me stop hanging out with them. Friends are friends, but a girlfriend is different. But this had become a problem in my past relationships. My ex didn’t like it when I hang out with my friends. The relationship had to end because I couldn’t help what she thought about things that I didn’t do. If she didn’t trust me enough then there was no reason to continue being lovers. I was afraid that you would think of it that way, too,”

“Hmmm… If I was your girlfriend, I certainly wouldn’t be amused if you and your friends were being too close for comfort,”

“Except that we weren’t. When we hang out I’ve never been the only guy. The pictures might show otherwise, but that’s the truth.”

“The most recent news was talking about couple rings and whatnot, though.”

“Minyoung-ah, don’t you think that it’s ridiculous?”

I got silent for a few seconds before saying, “Yeah,”

“Then that’s it. Oh, and one more thing before you brought it up. Lee El took a photo of me sleeping in the waiting room. The ambience of the photo might be different, but it was just the usual room we used backstage. There was nothing special about it. I would argue that she is not the only one who took a photo of me sleeping. My guy friends also did it just for fun,”

“I know.” I said. “I honestly was not that worried. Had you not say anything about it, I might think otherwise. Thank you for telling me,”

I was waiting for a reply, but he didn’t say anything for a while.

“Hello? Oppa?”

“May I ask you something in return?”

“What is it?”

“Didn’t you experience the same thing?”

I sighed. I knew sooner or later he would ask me about it, but the topic was certainly not my favorite.

“I did. That’s why I couldn’t trust the news about you right when I saw it.”

“Care to tell me about it, too?”

“Frankly.. I’ve grown tired of explaining about this to too many people, Oppa.” I said. “I don’t understand why people still believe in something that we have strongly denied. From there I learned that when people believe what they want to believe, words no longer matter. Talking about it becomes a huge waste of time,”

“I know,” he said. “I was quite amazed at how they piled all of your posts and looked at your schedule then jump into conclusions,”

“It’s ridiculous,” I said.

“Was it that bad?”

“It was. At that time we were happy that the drama ended well, so I was totally not amused when such news came up. At the end of the day, the talks were only circulating about the dating assumptions instead of what hard work all of us had put into the drama. Both of us felt really bad to the whole team. You know how after a drama ends, some reviews would come up? In our case, it almost didn’t happen. Every time we talked about it in interviews, people would relate it to the gossip. I couldn’t say that I didn’t like Seojoon, either. He is a good actor. He is younger than me but his maturity shows when he is at work. Even though our relationship was strictly professional, I never had any problems with him personally. But whatever we said couldn’t make things better,”

“So I’ve heard. I saw some of his drama and movies, too. He’s talented,”

“He is. But he’s just like a little brother to me. When the news came up and it became big, we talked to each other and shared the burden. We couldn’t help to contact everyone we knew in the drama to apologize for the mess. They were understanding because they knew that it was not something we could control, but still,”

“Did it affect your private life, too?”

“Nope, not really. I am grateful that I am surrounded by good people who know me. They did ask but they didn’t bother. They were more concerned about me so they were being supportive at the end, telling me to not think about it too much. But it’s different for Seojoon. He was seeing someone and the girl kinda back off because of that.”

“Really? She should’ve understood him better,”

“Nah, Oppa. It’s not like that. The girl is very cautious at the very first place. So instead of being not trustful to him, she was afraid that she barged in the middle of our relationship. The news said that we were together for years, so she thought of it that way. Seojoon on the other hand, was too careful about the relationship either. He was acting like an Oppa to her. She might not be sure that he liked her as more than just friends,”

“You two seem to be close, to be able to share stories like that,”

“At first I knew about the girl by coincidence, so I asked when we talked. I think at that time he just needed to get that out of his chest, so he told me.”

“Are you still in touch with him?”

“Well, not really. We were not that close to begin with, but we talk when we meet. That’s all,”

“I thought that younger guys is your type,”

I frowned. “How did you think so?”

“Just because. You look like you are more loose when talking to younger men. It’s different when you’re with me,”

Of course. You were too good to be true so I can’t help it.

“You’re different,”

“By different, do you mean it as a good thing?”

“Depending on how you see it,”

“Then how different am I?”

“Do you really need the answer?”

“I won’t ask if I don’t,”

“You’re different because I see you as a man. A man that I like, to be exact,”

I didn’t hear his voice again.

“Do you like the answer?”

“Yes, very much.” I heard him in a cheerful tone. It made me smile.

“Well then, the topic has become too heavy, and it’s already late at night. Shall we continue this tomorrow?”

“By phone?” he said.

“Yes?”

“When will you let me see you again, Minyoung-ah?”

“Hmmm… I still don’t know about that.”

“I’m not happy with this arrangement, really. We haven’t met for too long,”

I wanted to meet him, too. But I’m still afraid.

“But.. you know. We’re still talking like this everyday. And our schedules don’t match,”

“I know. But when I find time we can both squeezed in, you still said no.”

“I don’t think it’s good to meet when we’re both tired,”

“I think of it as a good way to recharge,”

“Oppa…”

“Next time I won’t take no as an answer,”

“I can’t guarantee that,”

“You don’t have to. Because I’ll leave you with no choice,”

“Do you want to see me that much?”

“Don’t you?”

I do. Of course I do. But what if I jumped at you the second I saw your face?

“Alright. I’ll try my best not to say no when you ask next time,”

“That sounds better,”

“Let’s go to sleep now,”

“That sentence must have sounded better if you were to say it in person, but there should be some context to it,”

“Oppa. Don’t start,”

“You said that I should be honest. I don’t think you are being honest one of these days,”

“I’m going to sleep. Good night, Oppa.”

I quickly ended the call. Not too long after, I received his text.

Good night, Minyoung-ah.

I smiled reading the same text he sent almost every night. Kim Jaewook had successfully taken over my thoughts. The more I got to know him, the more I liked him. I intentionally wanted to keep our distance for a while because I wanted to make sure that I didn’t only like him for his physical appearance. He was drop dead gorgeous every time I saw him, even when he didn’t put any effort on his looks. I didn’t want that to cloud my mind and made me decide things hastily. But after weeks of not meeting and just talking, I still felt both the thrill and comfort. It was really nice talking to him, even though we didn’t always have the same opinion about something. Like when we were talking about his smoking habits. He knew I didn’t like it and I told him my reasons. He listened to it well, then I listened to his reasons. He said in full honesty how he started smoking and now he also knew it was a bad habit, but knowing the person he was, he didn’t want to take big steps because he knew it wouldn’t last for long. He was taking it slow in trying to stop the habit to make the change permanent, and I could accept that. It didn’t sound like mere excuses because from his manager I knew that he was really reducing it step by step. He didn’t mind me asking about his progress from time to time, too. It’s amazing how we could openly listen to one another then reach the middle ground. In the middle of all the deep and serious talks, we could still openly express our feelings without being too flirty. I liked how expressive he was but never too far. I reckoned that he also had this ability to make me be who I am. I didn’t know how much I’ve opened up to him. Should I ask him to date me now?

*

“Good morning, Minyoung-ah,”

I heard his voice on the phone, then looked at the clock. It’s 8 am in the morning.

“Hi, Oppa. Thanks for waking me up,”

“No problem. Still feeling the jet lag?”

“Not really, I guess? It felt better after a good night sleep.”

“Good to hear,” he said. “I think you should go and have your breakfast,”

“Right. Now that you say it, my stomach is growling,”

He chuckled. “You didn’t eat enough dinner yesterday,”

Right. We took a flight from Korea very early in the morning, arrived late in the afternoon and went to the hotel. After unpacking, we went out for dinner but I guessed the jet lag was quite bad. I only had a few mouthful.

“I tried. What are you up to today, Oppa?”

“I’m leaving for Berlin later,”

“Ah, right. It’s time,”

“Now that you’re already up, my task is done. Enjoy the holiday, Minyoung-ah,”

“Thanks Oppa. You, too,”

We ended the call just like that. I did ask him to wake me up in the morning, because alarm wouldn’t work on me after a jet lag. I was trying to sit up when I saw Jessica looking at me with a knowing look.

“What?”

“Just date him, Minyoung-ah,” she said.

I smiled to it.

Aigoo.. You have your friends here but you asked him to wake you up instead,”

I sat on the side of the bed, putting my legs down.

“What are you waiting for?” she asked.

“Hmmm… Timing?”

“You are thinking too much, really. Everyone knows that you’re already smitten by him.”

“Not enough reason to start a relationship,”

She sighed and rolled her eyes. “Ignoring your feelings is not right, too.”

“I didn’t ignore it. He knows that I like him,”

“Telling a man that you like him but it’s still not enough to start a relationship is a foreign concept to me. I wonder why he accepted your offer,”

“I know, right?”

“Actually, that makes all the more reason for you to just jump right into it. A man who caters to your strange requests doesn’t come by every day.”

“Thanks for the concern, Jessica-ssi. I’ll quickly wash up then let’s go have some breakfast. I’m starving,”

*

Mallorca has been amazing. The buildings, the beaches, the food. I didn’t regret this trip at all. If there was one thing that was disappointing, though, it would be how short my calls with Jaewook Oppa were. We used to talk for like an hour on the phone every day, but now he ended the call after five minutes. It’s been more than a week, and it’s almost time for me to go back, too.

We just had some dinner and we were back at the hotel. I was just laying down to straighten my legs when he called.

“Oppa,”

“Hello. How’s your day?”

“It’s great. We went to many places. I would love to tell you everything but these days you hung up too fast,” I said, making sure to show how much I didn’t like it.

“It took too long for you to say,”

I frowned. So he knew?

“What? Did you do it on purpose? It’s been more than a week, for God’s sake!”

He laughed at my higher notes.

“No, it’s not on purpose. It’s just that I keep wanting to see you the more I hear your voice. So I hang up when it feels too much,”

I was sure I was blushing. I couldn’t hide my feelings now.

“I want to see you, too.”

He was silent for a second before saying, “Then it’s perfect,”

“What is?”

“I’m in the lobby. Come down, Minyoung-ah,”

“Lobby… what?”

“I’m sure this is the right hotel. Or do you want me to go to your room instead?”

Wait.. he’s here?

“You’re here? In Mallorca? In my hotel?”

He laughed at my questions.

“Yes, Park Minyoung-ssi. I’ll be waiting.”

 

***

 

The trip was fun, but I kept thinking about her. I just realized that I was really coming to her by the time the plane took off earlier.

I was looking at the elevator and my watch. It’s only been seven minutes since I hung up the call.

When one elevator opened, I saw that familiar face. Her steps were quick, her eyes were scanning all over the place before they met mine. I smiled at the sight. She was looking casual with a dress and a sandal. Her phone was in her right hand, her hair was disheveled. She said she was laying down when I called, so she must be rushing here without much thinking.

I started walking to her, but she slowed down when I got closer. When we were two steps away, she stopped. She still looked confused.

“How? Why?” she said.

I smiled at her. It was funny to see her asking with such expression. I went closer then lifted my hands to smooth down her long hair.

“Look at your hair. They go all over the place,” I said.

“Aren’t you supposed to be in Germany?”

“Yup. But I’m here now,”

She let out a long sigh. “Oppa…”

“You said you wanted to see me?”

She looked at me with her eyebrows furrowed. “I do,”

“Then I’m here now,” I said, opening my arms wide.

Unexpectedly, she hugged me right away. I thought she would be cautious and reluctant about it.

“I miss you,” I heard her say.

I hugged her back. “I miss you too,”

We were hugging for a little while, then she looked up at my face.

“Did you plan this, Oppa? Coming here?”

“Nope. My body moved without me thinking,”

She released her hug then smiled. Our arms were still stuck together.

“You’re really something,”

“I’m surprised at myself, too.”

We were just smiling at each other, exchanging looks.

“You look really good, Kim Jaewook-ssi,”

“Not as much as you do, Park Minyoung-ssi,”

She laughed at the remark.

“Have you had dinner?”

“Nope. But I’m sure you can take me somewhere?”

“I’ve just had dinner, but let’s go,”

She linked her left arm to my right, guiding us out.

*

Minyoung was very expressive. As if the hug was not surprising enough, she was linking her arms to mine all the time when we were walking. She hasn’t been silence ever since we walked out of the hotel. She was too busy telling me about things she did here but didn’t get to tell me because of the short calls.

“Where are you taking me?” I then asked.

“Ah, right. Where should I take you?”

“I thought you have a place in mind by the time you took me out,”

“I just wanted to take you out for no reason,” she said. “What do you want to eat, Oppa?”

“You choose. But preferably somewhere close because my stomach might start to growl anytime soon,”

“Then let’s just try here,”

She took me to a restaurant in front of us. There were not many people inside and the customers were mostly families.

“You’ve come here?”

“Nope. You said you’re starving so let’s just try,”

By the time we were inside, I took of my cap and put my bag before we sat on a table by the window. We could see people passing by on the street. She ordered their specialties which she said she knew nothing about. This side of Minyoung was new. She didn’t seem to hold back at all.

“Are you always like this when you travel? Trying out new places and order anything in the restaurant,”

“Nope. It’s difficult to do that when you know your face might be recognized by strangers,”

“Then what is this?” I said, smiling a little.

“I don’t know. You being here just lifted up my mood. Oh, and it’s really safe here. I haven’t seen anyone taking photos even though I walk around without a mask or a hat,”

“I see.. By the way, have you told your friends that you’re out?”

“Ah, right. I should give Sica a call,”

She opened her phone to make the call. It seemed that her friend took it in no time because she was talking as soon as she was dialing. She told them that she was out with ‘him’, which made me think if she talked about me before. After that, she hurriedly said that she would be okay and hung up.

“Does your friend know who you’re referring to as ‘him’? Or the ‘him’ they know is not this ‘him’ you’re with right now?” I said, pointing a finger at myself on the last question.

“She knows it’s you, Oppa. I don’t have any ‘him’ for a long time. it’s been only you now,”

I smiled at the answer.

“By the way. I saw your photos. I noticed that you’re still smoking,” she said.

“I am. You know that. But I don’t bring any cigarettes with me right now.”

“Really? Are you being considerate of me?”

“I was in a rush. But even if I brought some, I won’t be smoking in front of you,”

“Thank you, Kim Jaewook-ssi.”

“You’re welcome. You know I’m slowly quitting,”

“I know. I’m sorry I keep talking about it,”

“That’s okay. It works as a reminder. And it’s me who’s been wanting to quit,”

She smiled, then rested her chin on her hand. “I still can’t believe that you’re here,”

“Me too, I guess.”

We couldn’t stop talking even when the food has come. The restaurant was quite noisy but we couldn’t care less. It was like coming home after a long time. Having her in front of me again after more than a month brought me the peace and comfort I had been longing for. The time spent for coming here was worth it. I didn’t regret this decision at all.

She was wiping before saying, “Now, shall we go and look around again?”

“Okay,” I said, taking my last gulp of water.

“I guess you have to pay this time. I bring nothing but my phone,” she said.

“I’ll make sure to have you pay next time,” I smiled.

We both stood up, I took my bag and about to put my cap back on, but she took it. I looked at her in surprise.

“I’ll borrow this,” she said, adjusting the size then put it on her head. It didn’t match her dress at all, but she looked cute. I just smiled at her action.

“You surprised me a lot today,” I said.

“I hope that’s not a bad thing,”

“Nope. Not at all,”

I walked to the cashier and she followed me from behind. After I was done, we walked out then stopped in front of the restaurant. She was looking left and right, probably thinking of where to go next. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder lightly, waiting for her reaction first. She looked at me smiling, then touched my hand that was resting on her arm, squeezing it a little. After that, she put her other hand around my waist, which made me look at her in surprise.

“We’ll look more like a couple this way, Oppa.” She said.

“Then shall we just be one?”

She laughed it off and started walking just like that. Instead of answering my question, she talked about something else. We were walking around, looking at the buildings and passed by a few of historical sites on the way. I lost track of time until she said that her feet was sore. I looked around then found a long bench not too far in front of us.

“Does it hurt a lot?” I said, looking at her massaging her own feet after we sat down.

“No, it just needs a little rest.” She said. “I was walking a lot before you came, too. We went here and there,”

I her back then looked at my watch. “Of course you’re hurting. We’ve been walking for more than an hour,”

“We did? I didn’t feel that long, though.”

We were just sitting silently until she was done massaging her feet. I continued to her back.

“Oppa,”

“Yes?”

“Isn’t this place great?”

“It is. You made a great choice for coming here. I’m not even here for a day but I’m already amazed,”

“I know. Sica suggested the place, I just followed along. But I have no regrets,”

“I would love to explore this place later,”

“Want me to guide you?”

“So it’s only the two of us? Not bad,”

She smiled at that, then looked at my eyes.

“What do you feel now?” she asked. “Do you regret coming here?”

“I feel good, and I don’t regret it,”

“Thank you for coming here,”

“You’re welcome,” I said. “I told you I’ll leave you with no choice,”

“Right. Imagine how bad it would be if I told you I made an early leave so you had to go back,”

“It’d be the worst,”

“You should be thankful that I decided to meet you today,”

“Shouldn’t you be more thankful that I literally went the extra mile?”

“I am. I really am,”

We were looking at each other, smiling. She was wearing my jacket now because she felt cold on the way, and my cap was still on her head. I was thinking if I should be asking about how our relationship would go, but it might be better to wait for her to say it herself.

“Just for your information, I’m taking both the jacket and the cap back when I got back later,” I said. “You look too comfortable in them,”

“I’ll give the jacket back because it would be cold on the plane, but I don’t think so with the cap,”

“So you’re taking this?” I asked, tapping the brim.

“Can I?”

She was putting her hands together while giving me the puppy eyes.

“Okay.. But not for free. That’s my favorite cap, you know.”

“I’ll exchange this with my favorite later in Seoul,”

“That sounds quite fair, unless if yours is a girly one.”

“I’ll choose one that suits you.” she said. “But Oppa, you talking about going back bring my mood down,”

“What? You want me to stay?”

“It’d be nice,”

“What would we do if I stay?”

“We? It will just be you. I’ll go back to my room and sleep,”

I chuckled. “If that’s the case, then there’s no reason to stay.”

“But we can have breakfast together the tomorrow morning,”

“Thanks but no thanks, Park Minyoung-ssi.” I said. “I think it would be best to go back around midnight. It won’t be nice if I was found out in the airport alone after coming here. Plus, you’re taking my cap,”

“Did you find people taking pictures there?”

“Yes, some were asking for a selfie, too.”

“Then it’s better to be careful. You’re right.” she said, standing up. “Let’s have some more walk before you really have to leave.”

“Are your feet okay now?”

“They are. Let’s go,”

I stood up then took her hand before starting to walk.

“I’ll take you back to the hotel. You need enough rest,”

“I don’t mind going around a little more.”

“Don’t make me change my mind, Minyoung-ah. If we walk a little more until past midnight, I might really stay tonight.” I said. “And if I do, trust me, I won’t let you be in your room and sleep.”

I saw her eyes widened before saying, “Then it might be better to go back,”

I just smiled at her reaction. On the way back, we didn’t talk much. It was a comfortable silence, but I didn’t know if I would still be able to hold back once we got to the hotel. It was difficult to finally meet her, so a dinner and a night walk was not enough to pay for all the times we were on our own. I knew my feelings were still the same. I still wanted her to be by my side, even more when we got to know each other better from the talks.

***

“So it’s time to say goodbye?”

We finally arrived at the hotel lobby. I was still holding Oppa’s hand, didn’t want to let go. It was clear that I didn’t just like him now. I knew it was more than that.

He nodded, half smiling. “My jacket, please.”

I took it off then putting it on for him.

“Thank you, Oppa.”

“You said that quite a lot today,” he said.

“It’s because I’m really thankful,”

“Time passed by really quickly, though.”

“I know,”

Our eyes were locked to one another. He took my hand and the back of it. I squeezed his after that, still not wanting to let go.

He then put his hand on the top of my head, then lowered his head until our noses were only two inches away. He looked at me close then said, “You must know how hard it is for me to restrain myself right now. I’m sure there is some empty rooms upstairs that I can lock you in,”

My eyes widened but I just stayed in my place, waiting for his next move.

“But I don’t want to do it when you still can’t define our relationship. That will make you no different from any other women I can meet on the streets, when I know for sure that you’re special. I want to keep you not just for a day or two,”

We stayed in that position for a little longer. I could feel his breath and he could feel mine. His eyes were piercing right into me and I was about to close the distance when he stepped back.

“See you, soon.” He said, taking his hand off mine and waved.

I slowly stepped back. I turned around and walk to the elevator, then pushed the button. I looked back at him and see him still standing there. I took a deep breath, then I took my phone to dial his number.

He looked confused when he saw his phone, but he took it while looking at me.

“Oppa. Promise me you’ll still go back after whatever I was about to say right now,”

His eyes widened in surprise. I looked at the elevator floor indicator and saw it was almost arrived. When the door was opened, I looked back at him.

“Let’s date, Kim Jaewook-ssi.”