Beginning

Every Seulrene story ever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Annyeonghaseyo chingus, it's me, Irene Bae.

I'm just your normal high school student, nothing special. I contemplate about how average my life is as I flip open my planner to scan my schedule for today. Apparently I have a student council meeting as class president, cheer practice as head cheerleader, my seven honors classes, and also that CF I have to film for Miu Miu. Hmm, not too bad, there's been busier days than this.

This bright and sunny morning, I board the school bus with the mortals like always. Taking a window seat, I catch a glimpse of my reflection in the grimy window and observe my large, hazel orbs of eyes and full pouty lips that perfectly accent my porcelain white skin. A ray of sunshine hits me, illuminating my silky ebony black hair that flows in impossible waves. A couple of students filing into the bus faint upon a single glance at my ethereal, glowing self.

"Oh god, I wonder what all those boys see in me." I dramatically turn away from my image in disgust. Well, no matter. All these boys but only one who I call mine.

"Hey babygirl." My boyfriend Park Bogum slides into the seat next to me. He's tall and skinny like a delicate male model. Of course that's exactly the perfect build for being, you guessed it, the head quarterback of the football team.

"Hey babyboy," I smirk right back, and then we lapse into silence because we actually don't know each other all that well. We just look good together and satisfy that jock-cheerleader couple stereotype.

Our romantic ride comes to an end when the bus pulls up to EssEm High School. Bogum takes my hand, helps me off the bus, and disappears from the plot until it's convenient for him to show up again. I strut down the hallway, parting the masses like Moses did the Red Sea as wind dramatically blows through my raven tresses in slow motion. I roll my eyes as 69 different boys throw themselves at my feet with roses and chocolate. I'm sure girls would too, but it's Korea so you know that's cancelled.

I enter my first class, which honestly is probably Chemistry. Conveniently, I've always had an empty seat next to me so whoever's new should end up being my seat partner. Not that people usually switch high schools randomly in the middle of the year, though.

Just then Mrs. Kim clears , calling the class to attention. "Good morning class! Today we have a student who is switching high schools randomly in the middle of the year," she announces. "Everyone, please welcome Seulgi Kang."

I stifle a yawn, tuning out the sound of my peers droning "Nice to meet you, Seulgi," while staring at a picture of Bogum on my phone. Because somehow, I'm getting the feeling that my life is going to change very soon, like in a few sentences, and that I'm gonna have to try really hard to stay faithful to him.

"Why don't you go take a seat next to Irene over there? You guys haven't even met but boy do you have some hot cHemIstry;)" Mrs. Kim squeals, her face looking like the heart-eyes emoji.

I look up at my new seat partner, making eye contact with said girl. And Irene Bae has been found dead, deceased in the deepest ditch, because she's the hottest girl, no scratch that, person I've ever laid eyes upon. She has wild, y auburn hair, piercing monolid eyes that undress me as I speak, and soft, kissable lips. But despite all this she's automatically labeled as some weird, edgy reject for no apparent reason.

We eye- each other as she ily catwalks to our desk and plops down next to me.

"Hi, I'm Seulgi," she says shyly, extending a hand. A hand with long, nimble fingers, I notice.

"And I'm gay." I grab her hand and pull her close for a hot and heavy makeout. The class bursts into cheers and suddenly everyone's skin is clear, the crops are flourishing, there's gay rights worldwide and we waltz off into the sunset to live our happily ever after.

…LOL you THOUGHT, it's too early in the plot for that .

"I'm Irene Bae." I shake her hand, staring into those cat eyes as I feel sparks of electricity tingling where our skin makes contact. So ing hot. Suddenly I drop her hand and grasp at my head.

"OMG, are you okay?" Seulgi asks with concern, placing her hand on my lower back in a domestic fashion.

"No," I wince in pain, "You just snatched my wig and stomped it to shreds."

"I can buy you a new one, if you want?" she offers kindly.

"No thanks," I say curtly, suddenly remembering my crusty stick of a boyfriend and the remnants of my straight self, "I have a boyfriend."

She squints at me, "Sure, whatever ." Okay, so we're gonna play the game of hot and cold? I'm into that.

We ignore each other, as well as the between us, for the rest of class. Then it's off to my meeting, cheer practice, some honors classes, and that CF filming, all of which are irrelevant because Seulgi's not there.

Finally it's lunchtime. I scan the cafeteria for my es Yeri Kim and Joy Park.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter