Breathe

23:11

Outside the rain begins,
and it may never end..

Jeonghan listens as the radio play, he fights the urge to close his eyes, he fights the urge to sleep. He listened as the song keep on going, reaching the most beautiful yet dangerous part.. the chorus that seems luring Jeonghan to obey and let his eyes close and sleep.

Close the window, come
and lie and it will be alright..

Wonwoo is still not around and Jeonghan understands, the window shake a bit as the wind gush with the strength of the storm.

The rain started this morning and how strong it was is a bit alarming.

Jeonghan understands why Wonwoo is coming home late. He can't call him, his messages are not sending because of the signal.

There was no electricity too, maybe some lamp post gave out.

Jeonghan abruptly open his eyes.

He just wish Wonwoo would be home before midnight..

Wonwoo cursed as he saw the rain and the traffic. He look at his watch and cursed more seeing he only have a little time left..

He beeps his horn for the hundredth time now but still the cars won't move.

He heard the flash news on his radio saying an accident occured on a place just near where he is and now it's causing so much traffic, not yet mentioning the storm raging.

He tried calling Jeonghan but the poor connection was a hindrance.

"."

He look around and finally saw an opening, without further hesitation, he hit full speed and race through the crowd of cars.

Jeonghan..

Was all he could think about.

It was getting colder and it was getting harder to quit his sleep..

Jeonghan, with his lids slowly closing down, reached for the phone and saw the time..

22:04

..and with one last fight, he lose closing his eyes.

22:59

, , ..

Wonwoo know driving in the middle of the storm with a scary speed is one of the most dangerous thing that may cause him more damage but he doesn't care, he only have a few minutes before he loses everything..

He can see their subdivision's gate and thank god the security didn't bother to close it.

He made his way straight and regret building their house at the very end of this place. Well, of all available plot, he chose this.. now he see the consequence.

23:07

Wonwoo didn't dare speak.

Finally, he can already see their house..emergency light outside.

He went out of the car and ran even though he was getting wet because of the heavy rain..

He pushed the door forward and didn't bother to wear his wet shoes off.

He ran upstairs to their bedroom and ignore the sense of knocking.

"Jeonghan.."

He whispered..

"Jeonghan!"

He ran and went to his knees down in front where Jeonghan is facing as he lay there unconscious.

Wonwoo can feel the hot tears in his eyes as he glance at the clock.

23:15

"No..no.. no Babe breathe.. "

He whispered cupping the other's face.

"Please breathe.."

Lips quivering, Wonwoo starts to panic. He scoot Jeonghan to his arms and sat at the mattress despite his wetness.

Jeonghan, he wasn't breathing.. and it's what Wonwoo feared the most, that Jeonghan might never breathe again..

Wonwoo's cold hands cupped his lover's face, there was no sign of life.

By the time his hands sneak it's way to Jeonghan's pulse at his wrist, Wonwoo felt his own knees weakened.

He think of calling an ambulance but he remembered the storm..

Wonwoo.. took a moment to have a quick stare at Jeonghan's face..

Jeonghan..

His Jeonghan..

With one last glance, Wonwoo started to loosen his necktie..

He pulled his sleeves up to his elbow and open the buttons of Jeonghan's pyjama.

He warm up his hands as he rub it against each other. He then took a deep breath and calm as he exhale.

"Come on..."

Wonwoo placed both hands on Jeonghan's chest and he counted as he starts the CPR.

Sweats all over his face as he give attention to both pumping and air to Jeonghan's mouth. 

Wonwoo tries his best to revive him...

He tried so hard he started crying when Jeonghan is still not responding.

One more pump, two, three but still, the other wasn't breathing.

Wonwoo snapped.

"No! Just ing breathe! It's not hard to do!"

He said out of frustration..

He fell on his feet with a thud on the floor, he held onto Jeonghan's hand and squeezed it so hard as he cried as hard as well.

He couldn't believe he lost him just like that.

"He has an apnea.."

Wonwoo trembled hard as Dr. Lee mentioned the breathing disorder Jeonghan acquired..

"The loss of consciousness due to the body's inability to deliver oxygen to its tissues, either by the breathing of air lacking oxygen or by the inability of the blood to carry oxygen."

Jihoon stated. He's Jeonghan's doctor and bestfriend..

They are Jeonghan's best friends.

The others were waiting outside the room, this is the first time they saw Jeonghan on that very vulnerable moment..

Chan and Seungkwan shed tears as they watch Jeonghan inside the room. He was there lying unconscious because he fainted and stop breathing while they took a walk at the beach that Seungcheol owned..

Wonwoo look around them..

He was thankful that their friends are there to give him the support he needed.

Jisoo walk towards him and sat down.

"We're always here.."

He simply said, but for Wonwoo it meant a lot. He know how Jisoo love Jeonghan, more than a friend..

The latter was just afraid to break the friendship him and Jeonghan had buil+ over years, so he let Wonwoo aced on his bestfriend's heart..

Wonwoo took a look around again.. This time, he saw Seokmin, Jun and Minghao entered the room with some snacks.

Hoshi was the one to distribute some to them abd the latter smile as he offer Wonwoo's.

"Eat some for strenght.."

"You need it hyung.."

Mingyu appeared beside them and Wonwoo accept the food..

They just finished eating when they heard Hansol called out..

"Hyung! He's awake!"

But this time no friends is around and that scares him more.

It was so silent, only Wonwoo's sobs were audible..

He felt like the world just crumbled down on his feet, like the air had just left his lungs and the world stops turning around.

Jeonghan.

His pretty, ed up Jeonghan..

"Wonwoo.."

Wonwoo thought he heard someone..

Until he heard someone coughing, gasping for air...

Wonwoo never shifted so fast in his life but now he moves very quick.

He webt back to the bed and saw Jeonghan with his wide eyes open.. Gasping for as if he was choking..

Wonwoo immediately help him sit up and scrutinise him.

He saw how Jeonghan struggles to breath so he immediately did what he had to do.

He kissed him.. but not really.

He pressed both of their mouths and give Jeonghan some of his air..

In that moment, Wonwoo was also losing himself, he coud not contain his emotion.

When he felt Jeonghan was finally brething normal, instead of pulling away, he continued to give him a real kiss.

Oh how he miss Jeonghan..

When Jeonghan pushed him a bit, he pulled away and stare at his eyes..

"I'm sorry.. Baby I'm really really sorry.. "

Wonwoo cried so hard connecting their foreheads..

Jeonghan cried as well..

"Thank you.. "

Jeonghan said.

"Thank you for not giving up.. I heard you, I heard you out there. You were calling me so bad.. I thought I can't go back but I did.. I can't leave you Wonwoo.. I don't want to leave yet."

He said shaking..

They embrace each other and Wonwoo promised him..

"I will never give you up.. Until my last breath Jeonghan I won't."

Jeonghan smiled.

The truth is, he was about to cross the bridge. He was losing hope. He was accepting his faith..

..he was ready to leave. 

But a voice called onto him a few step away from the white shadow..

He heard Wonwoo's call.

"I love you.. please don't leave me.. Not now.. Please baby, not now.."

Jeonghan stopped, hesitation bubble up.

He don't want to go anymore..

"You're hesitating.."

Jeonghan heard another voice..

If Wonwoo's own baritone voice was deep, this one's deeper..

"Who are you?"

Jeonghan questioned.

"This is not your time yet my child.. Go.. Go back.. "

"Jeonghan please.. just wake up."

And Jeonghan did. A whole force pulling him out of that place and bring him back to his body..

He woke up to the feeling of choking and the first words were Wonwoo's name.

All he see is the white ceiling of the room they both shares.

But Wonwoo attended to his misery crying, trembling, and scared.

"I came back for you.."

Jeonghan said as the other enveloped him in a much tighter hug..

"Promise me you'll always come back to me.. "

"I promise."

Silence. A complete, comfortable silence came.

"Wonwoo?"

"Hmm?"

"You're wet.."

Just then, the other remembered his own body..

He immediately draw back and saw Jeonghan's front is also wet already because of him.

"Mind showering with me?"

Wonwoo was just answered by a peck on his lips and a smile..

"Sure.."

That night, Wonwoo realized something.

That Jeonghan is his life and it will never change..

End.




 

For those who's confused..
This is an au where Jeonghan's apnea happen every 23:11 or 11:11 and he needed someone to wake him up but Wonwoo was late to do it because of the storm..