C29: Atty. Kim Jun- Myeon

Perfect Imperfection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twenty-four hours have passed and there is no sign that Irene will wake up any time. Seulgi's heart was filled with worries and fear. What if her wife doesn't wake up?

 

"Doctor, it's been 24 hours now and yet my wife is still unconscious."

 

"The test that we took from her says that the patient and the baby's health are both stable now. There is no more sign of possible miscarriage." The doctor explained.

 

"Then why my wife won't wake up?"

 

"It is possible that your wife's subconscious doesn't want to wake up yet. Maybe for her, sleeping is the safest place for her and the child."

 

"What do you mean?" Seulgi looks at the doctor.

 

"Your wife is in a coma."

 

"C...co...coma?" Seulgi's voice cracked. She can't accept it. Her brain can't accept what the doctor says. It is impossible. 

 

"Yes." The doctor put his hand in his pocket. "You see, Mr. Kang sometimes people who suffered from a terrible accident, torture or anything that is too painful for them, they choose not to wake up to feel safe. Like your wife, maybe her subconscious  knew that if she stays unconscious she and her child will be safe to whoever wants to hurt her."

 

"But for how long?"

 

"Sometimes it took weeks, months." The doctor then smiles weakly. "Or years. Sometimes they don't wake up at all."

 

Seulgi grabbed the edge of the bed for support as she feels weak in her knees. 

 

"H...How a...a..bout my c..child?"

 

"As of now the mother and the child are stable. If it continues and they bought are healthy it is not impossible for Mrs. Kang to give birth thru C- Section. Sometimes comatose victims came out from coma after giving birth. Don't lose hope, Mr. Kang." The doctor pats Seulgi's shoulder before he left.

 

Seulgi sits on Irene's bed, her tears fell as a stinging pain in her heart got worst. 

 

"Wife, I know you feel safer when you sleep but can you wake up? Don't sleep too much baby, give me a chance to protect you and our child."

 

Seeing her wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter