Part I

You can be free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He had traveled from China when his grandparents mentioned the proposal. It was not an obligation and much less a commitment but rather a suggestion.

Zhang Yixing future heir and current prince was on a plane to Korea because of the suggestion that his family had made, he was of age and should begin to form a family of his own. He had experience with dating, one or another girl or boy who had caught his attention but had not really been anything special, all his companions had been boring. But his grandmother had told him that maybe a change of environment is what he needed, so he was told how the prince of Korea was currently also in search of a partner.

 According to the information he had received both were of the same age, Prince Kim Junmyeon had graduated with honors in his university studies, spoke 5 languages ​​and how he seemed to be a perfect candidate. To be honest, Yixing had no interest in being an applicant to marry another prince but he was actually bored.

Despite being a prince, he had a great deal of responsibility but at the same time his family had always given him the freedom he wanted, of course, as long as he stayed away from problems. It had been his decision to take a career that would help him in his future as a ruler but at the same time he had pursued his own interests in the art of music, whether in learning to play instruments and dancing. His family supported him as they had always attended each of his recitals and presentations but at the same time they had helped him when he needed guidance on political matters.

 That is why his personality used to be a little carefree but it did not mean that he did not take things seriously. After all the fact that he was currently making that trip, it had been his decision - well at least half of it.

His parents had contacted the Korean royal family and accepted the Zhang's proposal, it was not a marriage proposal itself. But Yixing would have the opportunity to decide if he wanted to “court” the other. According to the plans, the Kim’s had offered to meet him at the airport and would accompany Yixing to his hotel that turned out to be one of the most luxurious hotels in the country.

 The first impression of them is that they seemed somewhat tense and serious, he assumed that it was because they tried to maintain diplomacy above all but did not make him feel very comfortable. The king and queen accompanied him for a few minutes explaining how for them the whole arranged marriage thing used to be a tradition that came from generation to generation. He wondered why the prince had not accompanied them but the kings explained to him how he was attending an event with the president and the senate representing the royal family, after all it was his job to start doing activities like that and they agreed that he could meet him at breakfast the next day. What Yixing did not know is that Prince Kim was unaware of the plans his parents were making.

 

The next morning, Yixing arrived a few minutes before to the place he had agreed with the Kims. Initially he thought that the four of them would have breakfast together to know each other more but he was surprised to find the prince alone. He knew what Junmyeon looked like since last night his parents gave him a picture and he had to admit that the prince was attractive. He looked young, with white complexion and perfect skincare. He was thin and of average height maybe a few inches shorter than him but it didn't really matter. Yixing recognized him since he saw him enter the restaurant.

The place the Kim had booked was definitely luxurious and expensive. It was of a delicate and elegant appearance, with chandeliers on the ceiling and the young man assumed that the night should be a spectacular sight.

Junmyeon was dressed in a long-sleeved pink T-shirt and a few folds in front, when he sat at his table he had rolled his sleeves letting him see his arms certainly toned. Yixing could see the classic style of the young man with his accessories and his upright posture but there was something that caught his attention. First the boy was attractive, the photos definitely did not do him justice, if his appearance had seemed pleasant in photos, in reality it was something much better and he was not very proud to admit it but… he wouldn’t mind to have that close view every day. And secondly, from the moment the waiter accompanied him to his table and when he returned to serve him a cup of coffee the prince had smiled twice, probably due to the place where he was but he could tell that both smiles had been fake and superficial. He knew them very well, after all he had also used them before, those empty smiles that do not reach his eyes and are used abroad and at diplomatic events.

He still did not notice his presence, as he was a few tables away from the prince, it seemed a little fun to watch the other for a little while. Junmyeon had also arrived before the set time so technically Yixing still had a little more time. He saw how the young man seemed to answer a call and only by the expression on his face did he guess it was not a pleasant call. He watched as the boy just listened to whoever was on the other side of the phone and occasionally nodded his head but his expression reflected tiredness and to some extent, sadness. 

 

 

 ***

 

 

All he wanted was to run out of there. Run back to his house and be able to lock himself in his room and be able to finish the book he had half left. But no, he had to endure sitting down to wait for a "date" he didn't even want. He checked his watch again seeing that there were still 10 minutes before the scheduled time but even if his companion had not arrived and had no desire to stay.

When he arrived home exhausted the night before, his mother had been waiting for him in his room which was never good news. His fears were corroborated when his mother notified that she had released his agenda for the next day and that he had to attend a very important breakfast with who his future husband would be. He knew that his parents had been looking for candidates for him for a few months but no one seemed to meet the standard they wanted. They always being the most important thing because Junmyeon knew that no matter how much he tried to express his thoughts it meant nothing to his parents, it had never done it.

He had expressed his displeasure with the idea of marrying so soon especially with someone who did not know, with someone who was the decision of their parents but all he had received about it was a slap in the face, the speech from his father about how once again, it was a disappointment to the family and the threat of limiting his freedom. Which was ironic because he did not have any freedom, all he did was always orders and decisions of his parents so this last was unnecessary and empty.

His mother's call was to remind him that it was his responsibility to please Prince Zhang, that he had to raise the name of the family and that this was a tradition. The marriage of his parents had been arranged as well as his grandparents and great-grandparents. It was part of the tradition and royal line. He felt tired of hearing the same story over and over again, so he hung up the call while his mother was still talking, it would probably bring him problems later as well as another slap on his cheek but he didn't feel in the mood and it was just the beginning of the day .

He sighed heavily and let his gaze hover around the rest of the room. The restaurant was not very crowded but not empty either. They were locked in the private area so the people around him were great businessmen or even artists who could afford the expensive restaurant dishes. 

He had become accustomed to the feeling of being watched, after all he was also a public figure but still made him feel uncomfortable. He stopped when he made eye contact with a boy who was a few tables away. The young man was dressed casually, with a relaxed posture on his seat, his hair perfectly stylized and a captivating look.

He held his gaze for a few seconds but made him feel nervous, he didn't have time for that kind of thing, not when he was supposed to be meeting his "future husband" but he couldn't help the blush on his face. The way the young man had been watching him ... How long had he been there? Why was I watching him?

Before he could avoid it, he found himself looking for the boy's eyes again and found him smiling over his cup of coffee but this time a malicious smile appeared on his face, showing his pronounced dimple. Junmyeon was beginning to feel upset, he looked around thinking that maybe it was not directed at him but there was no one else in his area. He began to hear sirens in his head about how all this was a bad idea and his desire to go home increased, especially when the boy got up from his table and advanced to take the seat opposite his.

He looked around again this time with a little paranoia thinking that maybe this was a joke. He saw again the boy in front of him who still kept that smile on his face which was beginning to seem irritating.

 “Sorry but that seat is taken.”

“Of course, I'm keeping you company.”

 “I'm really waiting for someone else, so if you don't mind ... “ 

"Oh don't worry, I'm sure it won't bother him." Junmyeon didn't have the time to reply when the boy in front of him called the waiter to order his breakfast taking the dare to order for both of them. If he was upset before, now he felt anger. But he remembered where he was, he couldn't make a scene. He had to control his emotions and try to put on the mask he used all the time, it would be easier if he had rested the night before because after arguing with his mother for 2 hours he had not been able to fall asleep thinking about what kind of person he would find himself the next day so he was now tired, irritated and disappointed because for once more his mother had shown again that he has control over his life.

It would also be easier if he only knew what his original companion looked like, what if he appeared out of nowhere and Junmyeon was with someone else? It could bother him and make a bad impression ... Now that he thought about it, maybe that didn't sound like a bad idea. That way the misfortune could be saved.

 “You should not do that.” 

"Do what?" Junmyeon wasn't sure what he was supposed to have done.

“Pretend. Your expression of disgust a few seconds ago was more authentic.” There was that irritating smile again and Junmyeon was clenching his hands under the table while trying to keep his face calm.

 “I wasn't kidding when I said I’m waiting for someone.”

 “Well, it seems to me that you are alone in this ostentatious place and I am really starving to death.”

Junmyeon did not know how it happened but at one point he was looking around anxiously waiting for someone to interrupt them and in the next he was talking a little more lively with the stranger in front of him, he lost track of time when he began to narrate the places he had visited. Strangely, both shared similar tastes in music and books. He took the liberty of letting go a little, of letting the real Junmyeon out, not the diplomatic and perfect facade that he had to keep with the rest but instead found himself speaking with a freedom that if his mother listened to him he would consider him disrespectful and inappropriate to be the first encounter with a person. Put aside his responsibilities even for a few moments, not having to think about his future engagement.

The alarms in his head had subsided when the stranger shared some of his experiences and his smile no longer carried the arrogance of a few minutes ago but rather was a kind one. Perhaps another factor that Junmyeon appreciated was the fact that the young man was careful to listen to him, even if the beginning was a little rough the other did not give up even considered that perhaps the boy had begun to flirt with him. He did not realize that his supposed "date" seemed not to have arrived, that his dishes had been finished a long time ago and even the restaurant had remained empty as the clients had retired, and that he had spent the whole morning smiling unconsciously at the young man's comments .

That little bubble broke at the moment when one of the waiters approached him returning the credit card that had paid for his food, Junmyeon had been so distracted that he had not noticed the moment the other had paid. He used that moment to look around and realize that they were alone and felt a certain disappointment with the thought of having to leave.

 “Here you go, Mr. Zhang” Those words felt like a bucket of cold water to Junmyeon.

 “Zhang?”

 “Oh yes, sorry for not introducing me formally. My name is Zhang Yixing, I hope we get along well.”

Junmyeon saw the outstretched hand in front of him waiting to shake it but he couldn’t move. Without realizing it, he had ended up sharing his time with who his husband could be. He had had a great time that morning because he had had the luxury of being authentic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter