Chapter 12

Misty Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbi decided to tell all the story about Eunse to Sakura during the lunch. When they had a massage and got their nails done, Eunbi had been thinking about what happened that morning. She felt bad for not explaining to Sakura about a call from Eunse. She knew that telling Sakura about Eunse would ruin their holiday. But Eunbi thought it was not right either if she did not explain it to Sakura what was going on. Eunbi really cared about her girlfriend and hurting Sakura was the last thing that she would have ever wanted.

Reflecting on her own experience, Eunbi wanted to avoid further damage.

"Baby," called Eunbi to Sakura while they walked to the parking lot.

"Yes?"
"There is a pork belly place that I would like to try. Would you mind to have lunch there?"

"Okay, let's go,"

After they finished their food, Eunbi tried to start the convo,
"Baby, about this morning,... the one who called me was Ki Eunse,.. the CEO of our prospective partner."
"Oh really? That is why your face expression was changing abruptly. Did you know each other?"

Eunbi was amazed with how smart Sakura was. Sakura could sense that she and Eunse were acquiantance.
"Sakura," Sakura was alerted as Eunbi called her with Sakura instead of 'baby."

"Listen to me, I am going to tell you this because I have made my promise to you that I would always tell you everything,"

Eunbi took a deep breath, "Actually, Ki Eunse was my ex, we were dating 4 years ago.."

Sakura's eyes became wider and she looked at Eunbi's eyes sharply. She felt something burn in her chest. Eunbi telling her about her ex preying on her was unexpected to be happening. Not at the time when they were celebrating a milestone of their relationship.

Sakura was so uneasy and her insecurity were built up.

"What did she want from you?" From Sakura's tone Eunbi knew that she was making her girl upset. But she needed to tell Sakura everything so she kept go on.

Eunbi then told Sakura that they broke up after dating for 3 years because Eunse got married to a man. Eunbi also told Sakura about her meeting with Eunse yesterday that Eunse was willing to help her but with one condition: she wanted them to be friends again.

"She called me this morning inviting me for a breakfast but I told her that I was not in Seoul and I was on a holiday with someone."

Sakura was getting more upset. She was okay with Eunbi restrained herself for not out her to anyone. But this particular situation made her changing her mind.

"Why didn't you tell her that you were with me?" Sakura was getting angry.

Eunbi saw that their first fight was coming.

"Sakura, I did not mean to hide you from her. I am just trying to be careful because she is a very important person to my company at this moment. We are at a stake and we might go downfall if the agreement falls through,"

Eunbi could see Sakura's eyes looked so intensed.

"Why do you think that you are responsible for the deal?"

"It is just..."

"Kwon Eunbi, listen to me, that is not your company. You are merely a manager. You can get a better job and better salary somewhere else because you are smart and talented. It is not your responsibility to secure the deal, it was your CEO's." Sakura refuted.

Sakura's words was like a knocked in the head to Eunbi but what Sakura said made sense. Eunbi was nothing but a manager. Yeonwoo and CEO Jang were the people who had to make sure that the proposal would be accepted by K company, and not her.

"Who in your company does know about your relationship with her?"

"CEO Ki told everyone at that meeting that we were old friends."

Sakura scoffed.
"I can see how this will go because Ki Eunse will use you and your bosses will take the blame on you. Don't let yourself get into their trap."

Eunbi ran her hands to her hair in frustration. The silence between them during their way back to hotel was suffocating. But Eunbi understood that both of them needed a space to calm down and to digest their emotion.

Sakura was still angry because Eunbi did not tell her about Ki Eunse sooner. Moreover, she was not being honest to Eunse that Eunbi was with her.

It hurt her.

"Baby.." called Eunbi when they back in their room.

"Hm?"

Eunbi back-hugged Sakura. "Please don't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter