We Have Nothing...

And Then There's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

MY: No! No way...I'm not going to do it!

JH: I don't know what to say...

MY: Well I am saying 'NO'. I'm calling the police...I should have done it earlier!

JH: This is too big of a scandal for you to be in Minyoung ahhh...if we involve authorities...calm down. 

Although news of them dating have been circulating for over a month, the threats kept on coming with more demands. And now, the person wants an engagement announcement. Minyoung was furious.

MY: I have already let this ridiculousness pass...I am not going to let this person rule my life. I don't care about the scandal...

JH: You do...you know you do...and I know you. Minyoung ahh...lets just buy some time...

Minyoung was already teary. She has not been happy. These past month, her relationship with Jaewook has deteriorated. Not being able to meet him secretly and having to keep their distance was really stressing her out. It made her feel guilty and worse, helpless. She couldn't pretend she was happy, so she began to call him less and less. She just didn't know what to say or report and she could feel Jaewook's frustration. He was trying his best but she just couldn't match his efforts.

MY: If I allow that...then Jaewook oppa and I will be over...we can never recover from an engagement announcement...jebal Hwan ahhh...

JH: (Holding her hands)...It's not going to come to that...don't worry...we will buy time...until we find this person...

Hwan looked at her desperation and his heart sank. He remembered clearly how he felt when they had to break up. When the situation they were in got too big for them to handle. She was so traumatised by public dating but he didn't understand why. Looking at her pressure in hanging on to her love finally made him realise. She just can't take it. 

MY: I want to have control over my life and love Hwan ahh. I don't want to be told or pressured into doing something that I start losing myself. That my partner will feel exhausted...and he will be exhausted, I know from experience...I'd rather not love at all then to love and lost...

JH: I understand it...that was how I lost you...(paused) ...is he taking it well?

MY: Me..I'm the one not taking this well...he...he is trying...I...I miss him.

JH: Youngie...

MY: Don't call me that...

JH: Mian...

He wanted to tell Minyoung that an investigator hired by Jaewook had contacted him for some information and evidence. But he was told not to disclose any information to anyone. He just had to buy some time as he was already closing in on the suspect. 

JH: Why don't you go for a break. Go somewhere far and enjoy yourself. 

MY: What's the use because my heart is still here...I just want to see him...but I can't and I feel like I don't have the right anymore...

JH: It's all my fault...those pictures...

MY: Why is this your fault? Hwan ahh...I was also in those pictures...and you are the one helping us out...

JH: I want to do more...

MY: Komawo..but...this is all enough from you...

Hwan came close and gave her a hug. Minyoung slowly circled her arms around him and returned his embrace. She held him tightly and it surprised him...

MY: Oppa...Jaew

JH: It's me Minyoung ahh...you really miss him don't you...

She looked up to him, tears streaming down her face.

 

     ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡


Jaewook showed the pictures he had been receiving anonymously to KiJoon.

JW: This is the latest...last night.

It was a picture of Minyoung and Hwan in an embrace. She was holding on to him tightly. KiJoon immediately looked up at Jaewook.

KJ: You alright?

JW: No...but lets not do that now. How does this person get all these shots? She's been sending me their photos...for what? 

KJ: Coz her aim is you not Minyoung ssi...

JW: What? How...I mean why?

KJ: She is threatened by Minyoung ssi. Minyoung ssi is taking you away from her...and she hates that..

JW: But...I don't even know HER...Minyoung is the only one...I have never two-timed anyone...why is she...

KJ: She wants you...but you don't...does that ring any bell?

JW: Seolma...No...it can't be. But this is a work of someone 

KJ: Professional? Hardly...she's sloppy...and she got greedy...she wants an engagement announcement...

JW: Fr...from them? (He can't imagine surviving their engagement news...he shook his head...trying to wipe out that picture from his mind)

KJ: Yes...but I told Ji Hwan ssi to hold on...since I know who this person is already. Jaewook ahh...this person is close to you...

JW: W..ho is it? It can't be...

KJ: Lee Jieun ssi...

JW: Lee Jieun? (in shock...that girl...what...)

Kijoon nodded.

JW: But she's like a sister to me...

KJ: Well...you are definitely not a brother to her...I'll pay her a visit tomorrow

JW: No...hyung. Hang on...this is a bit (still in shock)...let me think...what's going to happen to her?

KJ: (a little surprised)...that's up to Park Minyoung ssi...she's the one receiving the threats...she'll probably be investigated and taken to court...

JW: No...she's just a normal girl...she's not a criminal...

KJ: She's a stalker...and that is a crime. Jaewook ahhh...what are you trying to do?

JW: But she'll be ruined...and her stage career....it'll be over. Hyung...let me talk to her...jebal. I can't let this ruin her life. What? Just because of liking me. I am at fault too...I should have...

KJ: (Looking intently at Jaewook)...She almost ruined Park Minyoung's life too...

JW: All because of me...the both of them...

Jaewook was slumped at his seat. He wanted all this to just pass. His relationship with Minyoung was already on the line and now Jieun's future.. 

JW: Hyungg...let me talk to her...if I can't get through to her...then

KJ:...then she's mine...Jaewook ahhh...justice has to be served...

JW: ...yes...unless she is forgiven...you can go through with it if she can't forgive her...I promise. I will make her apologise...just give this chance to me...

KJ: Jaewook ahh...I know you are protective of your friends...but

JW: I am...people change hyung...they just need

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter