Chapter 4

Crazy For You (MiChaeng Ver.)

BEFORE READING IT:

IN HA, YEONHEE AND DONG WOOK ARE ALL CHARACTERS IN LOVE RAIN DRAMA, DON'T BE CONFUSED HEHEHE

AND RYUJIN LOVES SWEET POTATO IN THIS FIC.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 “Hello?”

There was a bit of silence on the other line, but Chaeyoung perfectly knew who it was. They may not have breathed a word to each other since that night, but there was no way, she would ever delete her sister’s phone number of her contact list.

“Umm, unnie?”

Chaeyoung could hear a tinged of guilt in the tone of Ryujin’s voice. And even though, Chaeyoung knew that Ryujin wasn’t to blame for her messed up heart, still she couldn’t help but feel angry. Angry enough to move out of their home, angry enough to not speak to Ryujin for two years, but apparently still not angry enough to move on from Mina.

“Oh hey… Ryu…”

Two years and their voices should be filled with excitement and shrieks of joys, but instead all the two could hear are the buzzing awkwardness and the shallow breaths from the other line.

“Hey… ummm… how you been unnie?” Ryujin spoke up again.

“I been great” And Chaeyoung was really, she was about to open the third franchise in her restaurant, all have been successful. She was at the top of her game, too bad her heart was buried six feet under. “I have been busy with work, I’m opening another branch of my restaurant. So, yeah… how about you?”

“I’m doing quite good actually…”

There was dead silence again and Chaeyoung don’t want to know what Ryujin was about to say, in a way, she kind of taken the hint of what the call was about. But she asks anyway…

“So, what made you call?”

“I ummm… unnie… I know it’s been two years but I just want to ask if you would like to come to our wedding.”

She should be happy for her sister, but she wasn’t, not when Ryujin was marrying the girl who still has her heart.

“Oh… you and Mina are getting married? Congratulations…” Chaeyoung lied the best way possible.

“Yes… next month. So, I was wondering if you would like to come.”

Chaeyoung has the word no hanging at the tip of her tongue. Who on their right mind would go to the wedding of her sister and the girl she loves? But for two years, Chaeyoung never had the right set of mind, not when her heart was making all the decisions for her.

“You know what? Why not? I miss you…”

She does miss her sister, but it’s just that she misses Mina more…

“Really?” The worried tone in Ryujin’s voice drifted slowly into the sound of relief. Maybe she and her sister could finally mend their broken relationship. “Unnie… thank you… thank you so much…”

“Anytime.”

“Unnie…”

“You could bring a date. I’m sure Mina wouldn’t mind.”

Chaeyoung could only scoff, of course Mina doesn’t mind, she never cared in the first place.

*

Mina could guess that other than their spitting image, the one thing that both Chaeyoung and Ryujin have in common are their insatiable ual appetite. But one big difference is while Mina couldn’t say no to Chaeyoung, Mina could never say yes to Ryujin.

Don’t let those innocent looks fool you, because when the two would find themselves in a room all to themselves. Ryujin’s hand would fly everywhere Mina’s body, but Mina would always manage to push away Ryujin, enough to fizzle out whatever heat was brewing. It just didn’t feel right for Mina, she felt like she was cheating, not on Ryu but on Chaeyoung.

The kisses didn’t felt good either for Mina. Not that Ryujin was a bad kisser, it just didn’t feel right either. It was comforting though, reassuring her of a safe kind of love, one where she knew she would never get hurt.

Mina have thought that over time, she would eventually fall for Ryujin. Why not? Ryujin was beautiful, intelligent and has her own brand of charm. There is just one thing that Ryujin doesn’t have though. She wasn’t Chaeyoung.

Mina have pushed away Ryujin again, and Ryujin always the patient one have retreated back.

“I’m sorry Ryu… I just…”

“That’s ok, Mina…” Ryujin kisses Mina on the forehead. “I could wait, I mean we have our whole lifetime to do it.”

“Lifetime…”

A day already felt so long with someone she doesn’t truly love, now a lifetime?

“Mina…”

“Yeah?”

“Ummm… I hope you don’t mind but I ummm… I ask unnie to come to our wedding.”

Ryujin have feared the look in Mina’s eyes, what if Mina would hate her for this? She should have asked her first before doing it, but since both her parents would rather jet around the world, promising to bring her and Mina souvenirs, rather than go to her wedding, Chaeyoung was the only family she had left.

“And what did she say?”

“She said she would go. Ummm, it’s okay, right?” Ryujin asks hesitantly.

“I.. I think it is.. why wouldn’t it be ok?”

“I know I just thought that after what happen that it would still be awkward.” Ryujin laughs. “But I forgot, it’s my unnie we are talking about. She probably gotten over it after a few hours.”

Did she? Could it have been that easy for Chaeyoung?

*

“EEECCCCCCKKKK”

Chaeyoung stares back at her bestfriend with an incredulous look on her face.

“If you didn’t get what that mean” Tzuyu lectures Chaeyoung who have the didn’t get what it means look on her face.“It means the wrong buzzer.”

“What?”

“It means you’re making the wrong Choice… I know it hurts that Mina chose Ryu over you, but can you really blame her?”

“What is it that supposed to mean?” Chaeyoung jumps on her bestfriend “I thought you’re a MiChaeng shipper?!”

“I’am and I’m still am but I see Mina’s point of view too… She probably thought, Chaeyoung might love me now but how long is it gonna last, but Ryu, it’s secured that she’ll be the only one.”

“Mina is still the only one that I love! I freaking-“ Chaeyoung just let out a growl in frustration then surrenders.

“Dude, don’t be a Dongwook in their relationship…”

“Excuse me?”

“What Ryu and Mina have is pure love, just like In Ha and Yoonhee, don’t go over and start Dongwooking yourself between them.”

“Dongwooking?” Chaeyoung could only cover herself, why is her bestfriend such a… Chaeyoung couldn’t even find the right words… Why is her bestfriend such a Tzuyu?

“Yes. Dongwooking. When you try to step between two perfect love, you’re Dongwooking…”

“I’m not Dongwook!!! Ryu is Dongwook!!!! I’m In Ha and you’re that dude with glasses!”

Tzuyu gasps “Now, you’re just pushing it, Son… Anyways, me and Sana would go to this wedding with you just so you know that you can’t go ruin this wedding. But hey you never know, you might find someone else in that wedding.”

“Sana? I thought she filed a restraining order at you?”

“She did. That’s why I’ll hide in the backseat until we get there.”

*

Momo was just a few steps out from the airport, when she was almost tackled to the ground.

“Unnie … you came!”

“Mina!!!” Momo could only laugh as Mina wraps her in a bear hug “Of course I will. It’s my sister’s wedding.”

Momo looks up and sees a delicately beautiful girl standing a few feet from them. The girl is beautiful but Momo imagines Mina to be with someone who could keep up with her, not somebody who just stands and watches over her.

“Oh yeah… unnie, this is….ummm… my fiancée Ryu...”

Why did Momo hear a bit of hesitation in Mina’s voice?

“Hi… I’m Son Ryujin…”

The girl offered her hand out politely, And Momo smiles back politely. But polite and comfortable could never be put in the same definition.

“So, you’re the girl that finally got my sister to settle down.”

“Yeah… ummm… that’s me…” Ryujin chuckles softly, pressing Mina’s hand along the way.

And all Momo could think was her sister was making a big mistake.

*

Ryujin kissed Mina’s cheek good night before retiring to bed, leaving Mina and Momo to talk the night away. And over drinks and some chips, the two sisters have so much to catch up about.

“You two make a beautiful couple.” Momo pointed out.

“Thank you.”

“But you’re not a happy one though.” Momo says while taking a sip of her wine.

“What?” The statement made such a hit on Mina that she stops midway through her drink.

“Beautiful doesn’t always mean happy, sometimes happiness meant finding the beauty out of the ugly.”

Mina sneers and finally gulps down her drink. “Nobody likes to date an ugly person.”

“I didn’t mean literally, Mitang… I meant at the ugliest or the worst situations, when you still manage to stay together and fall in love more. That’s what it means…”

“Oh… sorry, I’m not as deep as you.” Mina responded sarcastically.

“Why are you even with her?”

“You said it yourself, Ryujin is perfect and she is. Why would I let someone like that go? Especially someone who’s in love with me?”

“I thought you are going to end up with someone else.”

“Excuse me?”

“When we talked, I think it was two years ago… you were talking about this girl”

“I don’t remember” Mina perfectly remembers.

“Well, you were staying with Ryu and her older sister then.” Momo presses on so she could jog back Mina’s memory. “You talk politely about Ryu, what she does and who she is. But then, you talk about her sister. I wish you heard yourself back then. And you would know what I’m talking about.”

“Why? How do I sound?”

“Like somebody happy… Well, you can’t even talk because you were laughing all the time when you talk about her. What happened with her? She never confessed?”

Mina sips on more wine, angry why her sister just has to bring up more memories, when she thought that she already buried them. “She did.”

“Then… why?”

“She’s a player unnie, I don’t know if what’s she telling me is true or not. And even if she was in love with me back then, how would I know if she still love me after two years?”

“But you did love her, right?”

Mina refuses to answer her sister, knowing the truth could only complicate things, instead she just poured out more wine into her glass. Finishing what’s left of it, hoping it would numb her feelings.

“Couldn’t you just be happy, unnie that I finally settled down?”

“I don’t want you to settle down, I want you to find someone who would fly the whole world with you.”

*

Chaeyoung just tried to ignore Sana as the girl is all clingy the whole trip over to the engagement party.

“I think this is it, Chaeyoung, maybe we can finally mend things.”

Chaeyoung just grunts, parking the car in front of the same beach villa, where she and Mina made love two years ago.

“Sana… can you grab some stuff in the trunk please?”

Sana looks deliriously at Chaeyoung, did the girl just asks her to carry out their bags? Her? Sana Minatozaki?

“Fine!” Sana agrees, if it gives her the chance to finally have Chaeyoung then why not? Chaeyoung opens the trunk from inside the car as Sana walks to the back.

*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Mina curses as the sound of a dolphin yelling, woke her up. Groaning as she lays back into bed, hit with a terrible hangover that just seems incurable.

“Mitang?”

“Ryu?” Mina groans burying herself deep in the covers.

“Unnie is here.”

*

“Miss me, Sana?”

Chaeyoung just laughs as she sees Sana fuming over the girl in the trunk.

“Seriously Tzu! What kind of idiot would stay in a trunk of the car for a two hour trip?”

“Pffft.. it’s not bad…” Tzuyu got out of the trunk and starts stretching… “I just basically slept and I had food and drinks and my IPAD so it was cool. Maybe in the next trip, you and I could stay here together.”

“You’re a creep!”

“Unnie?”

Chaeyoung turns towards the house and sees her sister coming to greet them.

“Hey Ryu…”

There was definitely an insurmountable amount of uneasiness still brewing between them, but at least this time they’re slowly trying to fix it. Chaeyoung wraps her younger sister in a hug. But all her focus quickly drifted to the girl standing behind them.

Mina was still as beautiful as Chaeyoung could remember. Her hair was cascading with soft curls now, instead of the usual straight her that she have. And Chaeyoung smiled, Mina’s curls made her look more like an angel than she already was.

“Chaeyoung” Mina just greets Chaeyoung with a nod, refusing to take an inch closer to the other girl.

“Hi… congratulations…”

“Thank you…”

“Awkward…” Sana mutters under her breath.

And everybody notices it too, especially Ryujin. And it scared her that the awkwardness was not because of the rejection, but because there was still something going on between them.

“So, you didn’t bring a date?” Ryujin interrupted Chaeyoung’s gaze.

Chaeyoung finally pulls her gaze away from Mina and smiles faintly at her sister.

“Well, I brought two… Tzuyu and Sana, that counts, right?”

“Keke… I guess… Well, Mina’s sister from the states is here.”

The cold expression in Mina’s face, quickly melted into the look of disbelief.

“Is she as pretty as Mina?”

“I don’t know why don’t you tell me?”

Mina didn’t like the way Chaeyoung smiles approvingly as she sees Momo. The girl wasn’t as pretty as Mina, for Chaeyoung’s opinion anyway, but she definitely held on her own. She has the same lovely eye smile that people fall helplessly over with.

“Hi… I’m Momo…” Momo extends her hand out without tearing her eyes away from Chaeyoung.

“Chaeyoung…”

Sana groans as she sees Chaeyoung activate her flirting mode.

“Oh great… another competition…”

“I guess this only means that it’s you for me, Sana…” Tzuyu propose, snaking her arms around Sana’s shoulder.

“Shut up Tzu…”

*

“We can just call a taxi, unnie…” Mina told her sister, after Ryu called that she was going to be late for dress fitting.

“Well…” Momo was looking out the window, staring at the luxury car waiting to get drive. “Who’s car is that?”

“Ummm… Chaeyoung’s…”

“Then, why don’t we ask her? I’m sure she wouldn’t mind…”

“I don’t want to.”

“Chaeyoung!”

“Unnie… stop, why don’t you?”

“Why? You’re getting married? What’s wrong with trying to get close to your in laws”

Chaeyoung skips down the stairs…

“Oh, hi…” Momo’s eyesmile would make the moon jealous. “I was wondering since Ryujin would be late for the dress fitting, if you could drive me and Mina to the bridal shop.”

“Oh… ummm…” Chaeyoung looks at Mina who was boring a hole in the wall, with how intense she was staring at it. “Yeah, sure… let me go get change.”

Chaeyoung skips back upstairs and Mina quickly growls at her sister, who seems unaffected by it.

“What?”

“You know what you did…”

Momo does and she was glad she did it.

*

Momo nudges Chaeyoung as the girl seems to be busy scrolling down on her phone.

“You ok?”

“Oh yeah… I’m just checking on work…”

“Workaholic” Momo teases.

“I need a diversion…”

“How does she look?”

Momo smiles as she sees the look on Chaeyoung’s face, the moment Mina steps in her white wedding dress.

“Beautiful…”

Momo and Chaeyoung steps closer, Chaeyoung unconsciously fixes Mina’s hair, both of their eyes lock in a gaze.

“You two make a beautiful couple.” The saleslady gushes…

“Ummm what?”

“She’s your bride, right? I mean the way you two look at each other, it’s just love.”

“Oh… ummm… no…” Chaeyoung finally steps back. “I’m not the one she’s going to marry.”

The saleslady awkwardly backs away… Chaeyoung and Mina wished they could back away too, but they couldn’t…

*

Two days in a row and the awkwardness between Chaeyoung and Mina never ceased to exist, and it was weird how as much as you want to avoid someone, they end up popping up everywhere you go. And Mina and Chaeyoung are everywhere they go.


Until finally it was the night of the engagement party. Mostly their friends and close relatives were there to celebrate the two. Everyone in the whole ballroom was gushing over the beautiful couple, and Chaeyoung does admit that they do make a beautiful couple. She spends the entire night, pretending to smile, while sipping on more wine. And as she stares back, she realizes that nothing hurts more than having Mina so close and not be able to even touch her.

“So, where are you guys going on your honeymoon?”

“Ummm… I was planning to take Mina on a Caribbean cruise.”

Chaeyoung looks surprise. As far as she know, Mina wasn’t really a water person. Then, her eyes turned to the sound of a spoon clinging on a wine glass.

“Ok, why don’t we have the bride of the sister, say something about the couple.”

Obviously this person had no idea how awkward their situation is.

“Well, if Chaeyoung is too shy to say something, then maybe I should.”

Chaeyoung reminds herself to ask Momo out for dinner to thank her for saving her from more crap.

“Ok here goes… People always say that the most romantic love stories are the ones where you fall in love at first sight. But sometimes that isn’t the case…” Momo stares back at her sister. “Sometimes the best love story is when YOU fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time. I want you to know how it feels to fall in love despite of the good and bad things about the person. Because I think that is what marriage is all about, falling in love with the same person everyday for the rest of your life.”

“I’m ready to talk now…” Chaeyoung stands up before Momo could finish her speech.

“Don’t Dongwook… Don’t Dongwook…” Tzuyu prays under her breath.

“First of all, I want to congratulate my sister for finding someone like Mina. She’s ummm… one of a kind, sis…” Chaeyoung smiles bitterly. “And my sister is one of a kind too, Mina… So, in a way both of you are lucky. That’s why some people would find it so hard to let go, not because they don’t want to move on but because they couldn’t accept the fact that this person that they were so in love with is gone. We hold on because it’s worth it, we let go because we feel were not worth it.” Chaeyoung looks back at Mina. “I wish both of you the best…”

“What does that have to do with the wedding?” One guest asks…

*

DJ PUT IT BACK ON!!!

Tzuyu screams at the DJ, who just looks back at the tall girl with irritation.

“Oh, this is my jam… c’mon my woman!”

“Let go of me!”

Again, Sana was defeated as Tzuyu drags her in the middle of the dance floor.

The two lovely brides look somewhat a bit shy, Mina dances so courteously with Ryujin, keeping a respectable few feet away from her. Mina’s eyes were lock on Chaeyoung’s and her sister’s. Watching the two, and every inch that they drew closer, and every tone of their laughter, didn’t bode well with Mina, her unnecessary jealousy, didn’t do nothing but flare up the already burned down emotions between her and Chaeyoung.

“May I dance with the bride to be?”

Mina didn’t even realize that Momo and Chaeyoung were already standing beside them.

“Sure.”

Momo whisk Ryujin away while Mina and Chaeyoung couldn’t even stare at each other. It was Chaeyoung like always who made the first move, taking Mina by the waist as they dance.

“How you been?”

Mina nods, hoping to convince Chaeyoung and especially herself that everything was ok. “I have been good…”

“What places have you been lately?”

“I haven’t travel as much, ummm… Ryu don’t like me to be away too much and you know when you’re in a relationship, you need to make sacrifices here and there.”

Chaeyoung just shrugs. “I don’t know… I never been in a relationship.”

And Mina responds with a sneer. “Of course, you won’t. You’re Son Chaeyoung.”

“What are you trying to say?”

“Simple. That you Son Chaeyoung could never be in a relationship because you can’t be with one person.”

“You’re right, I can’t be with one person. Since that one person I love is marrying someone else.”

Mina was about to pull away but Chaeyoung holds on to her.

“I don’t blame you for picking Ryu… but at least you could have given us a try.”

“That was two years ago, do you actually think that it would last long?”

“How should I know? You never give it a chance.”

Chaeyoung have wanted so much to tell Mina everything that she have done for two years, but decided not to. Like Tzuyu said, she don’t want to be Dongwooking on her sister’s relationship.

“I got to go…”

“No Don’t… I promise I’ll shut up, let’s just dance.” Was Chaeyoung’s polite way of asking when what she really wanted to say was, let me hold you a bit longer.

Chaeyoung manage to win over Mina, quietly dancing, every note of the song, didn’t do nothing but pull the two even closer. Until Mina surrendered, her head craned perfectly in Chaeyoung’s neck, it was the same moment like the time in the warehouse.

“How’s your restaurant?” Mina whispers…

“It’s good… it’s good…”

Chaeyoung replies before both of them dance in silence again… In their every move, speaks nothing but I still love you…

Ryujin just smiles bitterly as she sees Mina and Chaeyoung dance.

“You okay?” Momo asks when she sees Ryujin getting teary eyed all of a sudden. But it wasn’t the happy kind of tears like most bride to be, it was just hurt.

Ryujin tries to hold her smile longer, but lost. How could she smile when in the end, she knew she never had Mina, like the way her sister had.

“You know unnie, I have been with Mina for two years. But not one second out of those two years did she ever look at me, the way she looks at unnie.”

*

Chaeyoung didn’t know if it was because of what was happening to her heart right now. She was clearly upset, especially at herself for letting herself get close to Mina again, now her stupid heart is begging for her to try. She was getting too frustrated to the point that even food doesn’t even taste good anymore.

“God damn it… what the hell is this?!”

Everyone turns as one of the sisters of the bride was about to start an outburst.

“It’s sweet potato soup?”

“Sweet potato soup, sweet potato casserole…” Chaeyoung finally lost it, and was about to flip the table over. She tried with one hand then two but finds the table too heavy, that she just frustratingly sat back down. “I’M SO SICK OF EATING SWEET POTATO!!!!!”

Tzuyu was shaking her head at her friend’s outburst.

“I WANT A FREAKING CHEESEBURGER!!!!!!!”

All of the people muttered a gasps, but none as loud as Ryujin.

“Unnie, you could die… how about sweet potato veggie burger?”

Chaeyoung points an angry finger at Ryujin before screaming out…

“FUDGE YOU!!!!!”

“Hey… calm down girl… You’re Dongwooking…” Tzuyu holds on Chaeyoung to prevent any more embarrassment that Chaeyoung could cause.

“She’s Dongwook!!!” Chaeyoung points to Ryujin angrily… “I’m In Ha and Mina is the girl I love! No… let me change that, you, Myoui Mina, you’re In Ha… you know why? Because you’re a coward… You choose to be safe just because you think it wouldn't hurt as much, but it does... you're hurting people! you're hurting me...”

Chaeyoung has a lot of things to say, feelings that she kept for too long was about to burst out of her. But the moment she saw the angry look on Mina’s eyes she stops. And again frustratingly sits back on her chair. There was no point, she was fighting a losing game just like it was two years ago.

Mina pushes herself off the table, and runs out of the room. Mina’s action startled everyone, except for Ryujin who always seem to know that this was bound to happen.

*

Mina kept on running until her breath gave up on her. She ended up in the shore, the same place two years ago, where she came so close to telling Chaeyoung how she feels. The same place, where she and Chaeyoung confessed silently through their kiss, the same place where and Chaeyoung have first truly made love.

And now she was left with regret, what if she just told Chaeyoung everything that she have felt then? Maybe she wouldn’t be hurting as much as she is hurting right now.

“Mina?”

Mina couldn’t even stare back at the raven haired girl who got herself caught in the mess that she and Chaeyoung created. IT was time to man up and fix things. It was time to let go.

“Mina?”

Ryujin sits beside Mina by the shore.

“Your unnie is such a freaking idiot…”

Ryujin chuckles faintly, wrapping an arm around Mina’s shoulders.

“Why would she act like this? On our own engagement party?!”

“I don’t blame her… I’m kind of an idiot too…”

Mina turns to look at Ryujin, and even with just the moon’s light shining on them, it was clear that Ryujin was close to tears.

“Why? What’s wrong? You didn’t drink did you?” Mina asks worriedly, feeling Ryujin’s forehead wondering if the girl is coming out with something.

“No… I didn’t…” Ryujin stilled Mina’s hands and forces a smile. “Mina, I’m sorry but I couldn’t go on with this.”

“Ryu… you’re freaking me out, what’s wrong?”

“I can’t do this to you anymore.”

“Do what? Ryu… you’re really starting to scare me…”

“I knew what you feel for unnie, but I always say to myself that maybe if I just do my best that she’ll love me back. Because that’s what we do, right? We fight for the ones we love?”

Mina could only look at Ryu, not knowing if words are even enough to save their already spiraling relationship.

“Sometimes it’s better to let go…” Because that’s what Mina did, she let go.

“I’m an idiot, Mina, cause even if it was so clear that you don’t love me, I still kept on hoping. Maybe if you didn’t love someone else, I would just be contented with this kind of relationship. But you are, you’re in love with my unnie of all people. It kills me that I could never have you, the way she does with you.”

“I did love you, Ryu…”

“I know, but nothing compared to how much you love unnie.”

“I’m sorry” Was all Mina could say, she truly was.

“No. Don’t be…” Ryujin brushes the tears off Mina’s eyes. “I know I’m not.”

“You’re not?”

“Yes. At least, I’m not like most people. I don’t have to live in the world of what ifs. At Least I know, and at least I gave it a try. You are going to be the chapter in my book that I would keep on re reading, Mina.” This time Ryujin smiled, a smile that says she will be okay. “And I’m glad that for at least some chapters, I was part of your story too…”

Ryujin gives Mina a chaste kiss, that felt more like a goodbye.

*

Mina runs inside the mansion, checking every room.

“You looking for Chaeyoung?”

Mina turns and sees Sana standing haughtily by the door.

“Yes. You know where she is”

“She already left.” Then, something dawned on Sana. “Wait a second… then, if she left then that means…”

Oh the horror…

“That’s right, baby…” Tzuyu pops out like mushroom. “You and me, are going to go home to our future lives together.”

Mina ignore the two girls chasing each other.

*

It took Mina a couple of days to finally have the guts to find Chaeyoung. She and Ryu were busy too, returning engagement gifts, telling everyone that they cancel their wedding. People might have thought that the two would end up hating each other after what happened, but it didn’t, instead it pulled them closer. Because at least they know now, what each other truly meant in their life.

*

Mina couldn’t help but smile proudly at what Chaeyoung have done. The old decrepit warehouse, transformed itself into a trendy restaurant with the name Chaeyoung’s flashing in neon lights.

“Chaeyoung’s? Dork…” Mina laughs as she walks in.

*

“Hi…”

Mina turned away from the menu and see the bubbly looking waitress grinning widely at her.

“Hi… I’m Dahyun, I will be serving you for tonight. Can I start you off with a drink?”

“Ummm… can I have ice tea please?”

“Of course…” The pretty waitress scribbles on her notepad

“So, may I ask what’s your specialty here?”

Dahyun taps her pen thoughtfully in her chin. “Definitely our taco soup.”

“Taco soup?”

Mina smiles as the faint memory of what she cooked Chaeyoung began to resurface again.

The waitress giggles. “I know… we get that reaction all the time, but yes, our taco soup is Boss Son’s fave… ”

“Ummm… is she here?”

Oh… the boss is rarely here, only comes to check up on stuff. It’s Ms. Chou who runs this branch. Boss Son is always in our other sister restaurant. It’s smaller but it’s definitely has more intimate feel, perfect for dating and stuff. The place is just like the boss’s baby… you should check it out next time.”

“Maybe I should… what’s the name of the other restaurant, is it Chaeyoung’s too?”

“Oh no…” Dahyun’s blonde hair swishes as she shakes her head. “It’s called Mina’s.”