Hike

Stronger Together

"So what can I do here?". Eunhyuk grabbed the apron and wore it. "What can you do?", Donghae asked him back. "I can cook ramen?".

Donghae palmed his face in disappointment, looks like he needs to do the baking alone and let Eunhyuk to take care of the counter. He's not that bad in Maths right? Plus, he owns a business and that could be a great help. 

"Nevermind, you can take care of the counter while I do the baking behind". As instructed, Eunhyuk sat the counter and tried to discover every single thing on the counter to know his job better. He pressed one of the button on the cashier machine and cash tray popped out. He stared in amuse and lifted up the lever that holds the money to calculate how much money in it. 

"You act like you never see one of those". Donghae had been watching him from behind since the begining chuckled seeing his friend's reaction over a simple cashier machine. "It's my first time handling this", Eunhyuk continued pressing every button on the machine and every button leads to a new world for him. 

Ding~!

A group of girl entered the cafe and squealed when they saw a new worker, Eunhyuk. One of them purposely bought a slice of cake, repeatedly to flirt with Eunhyuk. Donghae smiled from the kitchen when he saw Eunhyuk was surrounded by a group of high school girl.

Eunhyuk carried a tray of cake and drinks and served to the girls. They asked Eunhyuk to take a picture with them. Eunhyuk sees no harm in that and agreed to pose with them. He showed a peace sign and smiled widely, showing every inch of his gums. 

Oh, how I wish I wanna explore those gums~. 

Donghae slapped his face numerous of times for having the dirty thought on Eunhyuk. He whipped the eggs as fast as he can to make the thoughts disappear, then , he made a batter for the cake and started baking it. While waiting for the cake to bake, he wiped his hands and went to see how Eunhyuk was doing. 

"Having fun hyuk?".

"Yes if the girls stop screaming and shouting over me", he sighed and lied his head on the counter. A minute of silence to respect the tired Eunhyuk after serving a group of customer. "I'll cut of your wage if you continue sleeping like that", he earned a hit on his head from Donghae. 

Ding~ 

A new customer came in and Eunhyuk stood up to entertain the customer. 

°°° 

"We're done for today", Donghae tilted the 'open' sign to 'close'.

Eunhyuk leaned on the chair, exhausted and tired. He just wanted to go back to his airbnb and hibernate for a week. "I didn't know work is this hard. I thought signing checks and some paperworks will do", his complaints just keep on going non-stop. 

"You have like four months to go and it's only your first day. Things will get better ok? Come on eat this cake. I'll treat you for your first day", Donghae served him a slice of leftover chocolate cake from their sales just now. It's their cafe policy, where only fresh oven-baked cake and pastry will be served to the customer. So, instead of throwing the leftover cake, he thought Eunhyuk should have it. 

Eunhyuk gobbled every single crumb of the cake to recharge his energy after a day of working. 

"So are you gonna continue or you will stop?", Donghae asked him once he finished eating. "Continue".

"Cool! So tomorrow at 8 ok?". "Ok". He showed a thumbs up and they both cleaned up the place and went back to each their home to have a rest after a tiring day. 

~~

It's been three weeks since Eunhyuk left Seoul. He didn't hear any updates from Sora and he's adapted to the living in Mokpo with his bestfriend, Donghae. Everyday, he will wake up at 7 to get ready for his work at 8. His lunch break will be during there was no customer around and he will eat whatever Donghae had prepared in the kitchen. That explained why he had got fuller after staying in Mokpo for three weeks. 

His work time is from 8am until 11pm. Naturally, working in a cafe made his cooking and barista skills got better. He managed to make some simple coffee, tea and even bake some cakes and pastries. Sometimes, he would exchange work with Donghae and make some simple cake in the kitchen and customers love their cake. Ever since Eunhyuk worked here, the cafe had been flooded by customers and it made Donghae's cafe become well-known in a short of time and their sales increased a lot. 

~~~ 

 

"Hey do you wanna go somewhere this weekend?",Donghae asked the man who's wiping the table to clean up the mess made by their customers. "Um yes I've told you I'm practically yours here. I don't have any schedule or anything to do when I'm not working.", he continued wiping the table without looking at Donghae. 

"So from a worker to a doggo now?", Donghae teased Eunhyuk by brushing his jawline like brushing a dog.

"Woof woof", he mimicked a dog's sound.

"Stop it. I'm trying to wipe a table here mister", Eunhyuk slapped his hand, but Donghae was faster, he avoided Eunhyuk's hand and caused Eunhyuk to slap his own face. A loud laughter came out from Donghae, "That's hilarious Hyukkie ya", he started hitting Eunhyuk's behind when his laugh became uncontrollable. 

"You're hurting me", Eunhyuk whined and ran to escape from the hitting. "S-sorry.. but it's too funny", he tried to hold his laughter while comforting Eunhyuk, who was sitting at the counter. Eunhyuk folded his arms and turned behind when Donghae came to comfort him.

"You're a sulky baby", he tried to pulled Eunhyuk to face him. Realising Eunhyuk is stronger he gave up and sat back on the couch he sat before. Eunhyuk felt an absence from his behind and turned around to see Donghae was sitting on a couch, staring outside with a huge pout. 

"Oh now you're gonna sulk? Is that all you can do to comfort me?" Eunhyuk mimicked back the way Donghae tried to comfort him earlier and tried to cuddle with him, but Donghae slapped Eunhyuk whenever he tried to do any skinship with him.

"I'm your boss here", Donghae emphasized himself to stop Eunhyuk. "But I'm your doggo and it's a doggo job to comfort his owner whenever he feels sad", Eunhyuk continued with a puppy eyes. Donghae turned around when he can't control his happiness. 

"Come on Hae~ where you wanna go this weekend?~", he whined.

Donghae turned to face Eunhyuk, ".. I know you hate sweaty activity, but can you accompany me for a hike this weekend?", he looked down and brushed his knees together waiting for an answer from Eunhyuk. Will this be his first date with Eunhyuk?, he screamed inside his mind and covered his blushing face. 

"Uh..." Eunhyuk doesn't like to be under the san, tanning his milky white skin. Plus, he just hates outdoor activity and prefer to sweat and exercise indoor, but, seeing Donghae's hopeful eyes, he couldn't resist it, and felt guilty if he rejects him, so, he agreed on going a hike with Donghae on the upcoming weekend. Great, he just wasted his precious weekend. 

°°° 

"Fasterrr hyukkiee!!", Donghae screamed from the top of the steep hill during their hike. He watched Eunhyuk struggles as he wasn't sure on his steps and where to grab on to support himself. "Just hold the roots and rock, it's hard to carry your weight without any support!!", he shouted again. 

Eunhyuk hesitated to hold the mouldy and slippery roots, there might be a bug there, he thought. "I dont want. It's.. disgusting", he shouted to Donghae back. 

Donghae felt sorry for his friend as intially, he was forced to come and join him, so, he went down to Eunhyuk's place to help him, "come on", he offered his hand to help Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk looked at him and grabbed his hand, Donghae pulled his friend up, and helped him with the stepping and managed to get Eunhyuk on the top of the hill, where he stood just now. 

"Look at the view", Donghae pointed below, "Can you believe? You just climbed this high!", he showed Eunhyuk the hard and suffering path they had faced just now. "Looking back after you successfully did it, isn't it something satisfying?", he squatted, smiled at Eunhyuk and pulled out some foods from his bag. 

"Here", he gave Eunhyuk a bun from his cafe where he packed this morning, and sat beside Eunhyuk to enjoy the sunrise together. They both quietly enjoyed the food and the mesmerising sunrise. 

"It's pretty and I hope I can enjoy this everyday", Eunhyuk was done eating his bun, he kept the plastic inside his bagpack, he doesn't do littering in the wood. 

"Then stay here". Eunhyuk shaked his head, he knew,that's impossible, he have company to manage, Yuna and his problem haven't even settle yet and he can't abandon his responsibilities in Seoul, "You know.. I can't". 

Donghae pulled Eunhyuk's head to rest on his shoulder and put his hand on Eunhyuk's shoulder. "It's okay. I understand. But if you ever feel tired, Mokpo is always be here for you". 

They both lost in their thoughts until the sunrise ended and the hot morning sun began to shine.

"Let's take a picture here before heading down. For keeping", Eunhyuk grabbed his selfie stick and installed his phone to the stick. He turned around to find a suitable angle and lighting for their picture. He called Donghae when he finished looking for the angle. 

"1..2..3 smil---"

Donghae pecked Eunhyuk on his cheek.

Eunhyuk turned 50 shades of red, "W..WHAT?!".

Donghae checked the picture on Eunhyuk's phone. He nodded as an approval to the picture and gave back the phone to the owner. 

Eunhyuk grabbed and checked his phone, he noticed that Donghae changed the wallpaper to the picture where they had took just now. It's pretty tho, he whispered to himself and made sure it's only to himself and his mind. 

He turned to face Donghae and saw him smiling sheepishly, "Let's go down. It's hot here", he grabbed Donghae's shirt and dragged him down the hill. 

~~ 

He tossed his body on the bed, lying on his stomach, he checked his phone when a notification sound was heard. Swiping the lockscreen, he stopped at the wallpaper where Donghae had changed just now. 

He felt the second hand embarrassment and curled on his bed, covering his face with the pillow, he tossed around his body while squealing. 

"whatisthatwhatisthatwhatisthat!!!" 

He checked his wallpaper again, and squealed again. He did it all night till tomorrow morning. 

°° 

"WHAT THE WHO ARE YOU?", DongHae held the broom ready to chase whoever that guy is. 

"it's me", the guy in the brown paper bag lifted the paperbag on his face ro reveal his face. 

"HYUK?!.. why are you--"

Eunhyuk covered his face with the paper bag back, and walked (with the brown paper bag on his head obviously!) to the counter. Clearly, he was avoiding Donghae's question. 

Their day passed just like that. Eunhyuk wore the paperbag whenever he came across with Donghae. He avoided every eye-contact with Donghae and even tried to went back early, but he was stopped by Donghae. 

"Where are you going young man?", Eunhyuk was grabbed at his wrist. 

Donghae pulled the paperbag that has been covering Eunhyuk's face all day. 

"Why are you covering your face?". Donghae asked him. 

Eunhyuk tried to avoid Donghae's eyes and turned red when Donghae leaned his forward to hear his murmuring. 

"EIKKKKKKKKKK", he shrieked in dolphin's sound (that's what Donghae thought), and ran to the kitchen to hide his blush. 

Honestly, Donghae was shocked by the sudden dolphin's sound. He sighed and went to the kitchen to find his weird-acting friend. 

"Hyukkie?". 

He opened the pantry and saw Eunhyuk was sitting with his knees up on the floor. 

"It's dirty y'know". 

Silence. 

"Are you sulking now?"

"No", Eunhyuk covered his face with the knees, he took a deep breath, "I'm sorry"⁰

"For what?", Donghae squated down to face his PMS friend. Eunhyuk is unpredictable, he is fun and caring and the next moment you knew, he is sulky and annoyed by everything around him. 

"thekiss". 

"I can't hear you. Why are you acting so weird. It's not like you. Hyuk speak up!", Donghae shaked Eunhyuk's body to the extend where Eunhyuk was slightly annoyed by it. 

"THE KISS OK THE KISS".

"What??? Are you acting weird because of one kiss on your cheek? We do it all time in the past. It's nothing new", Donghae furl his eyebrows.

Eunhyuk realised he was hiding the truth from Donghae where he was supposed to marry someone in less than 4 months from now. By doing all these things with Donghae will only make things harder. It's not like he wanted to marry Donghae or he had feeling on him. It's just not right of him. He hated himself, for not be able to tell the truth to Donghae. What if his relation with Donghae will change when he tell him the truth? Will they be able to spend their time together like they usually did?. But, until when his must hide the truth? He wanted to tell Donghae the truth but he's just scared. 

Donghae realised Eunhyuk's expression began to change. Eunhyuk's head fall on his chest, and he sobbed in Donghae's embrace. "I'M sorry I'm sorry hae" 

Donghae pat his friend's back gently, "hey.. it's okay.." he pat again and again until Eunhyuk fall asleep inside his arms. 

Donghae carried Eunhyuk out from the kitchen and laid him on the sofa inside his cafe. He closed the window of his cafe and locked the door. He the ac and covered Eunhyuk with a blanket where he had always prepare in his cafe, since sometimes he will stay a night at his cafe to finish up his customer's orders. 

He noticed Eunhyuk's phone lying on the counter table. He unlocked the phone and smiled when he saw Eunhyuk hasn't change the wallpaper yet. It means, Eunhyuk really cherishes it. He doesn't want to invade Eunhyuk's privacy more, so he off the phone and put it back at where its belong originally. 

Donghae started to feel sleepy and tired, he wanted to sleep. He slowly crawled on the sofa, carefully not wanting to wake Eunhyuk up. When he found his comfortable position, he entered the blanket and adjusted his position. He hugged Eunhyuk and rested his chin onto Eunhyuk's hair. He finally fell asleep with Eunhyuk's hair scent. Eunhyuk felt all of his fears and worry disappeared when he felt a warmth around his body. He wanted to wake up to see who's that, but he's too tired with all those crying just now, so he chosed to continue sleeping and enjoy the warmth. 

 

---

Donee! >< after this I'll be busy with my exam TT so i wont be updating much and I'm lazy to recheck my grammar mistakes in this chapter hehehe

At first Eunhyuk may be sarcastic, but he changed 360° when he's with Donghae. And he had no experience with love so at times he may trigger whenever Donghae casually skin-shiped him TT isn't he the cutest? 

And Donghae? He's stupid as usual. He just couldn't understand if you're hiding something. So, hyukkie! You should just open up to Hae TT he wont understand you if you keep doing like this huhu

Thank you for reading this and I'm sorry if it's not perfect TT I'm still learning huhu 

Kisses and hugs from me ♡