School

The Hurt One

Hana's POV

That same morning, I went up to my room and just grabbed my laptop and went to my bed to do some editing stuff from the vlog I did with my friends before I left. 

You guys probably don't know, my friends and I created a vlog about our daily lives and what we do together. Our Youtube channels' name is 'Hana Nina and Friends.' We're not as popular as the other vlogs that you probably know, but we still have half a million subscribers on the channel. And as I was editing the videos, I heard a knock on the door.

"Hana?" The person that was knocking said as that person opened the door and stuck her head out. It was my supposed mother.

I just looked at her. "Yes?" I asked as I went back to editing.

"Honey, can I talk to you?" Ms. Kwon asked as she walked towards a couch that was facing me.

"Yea. What is it?" I said with no emotion on my voice.

She sighs. "So I enrolled you at the school we own. It's called YG High School. You're gonna start tomorrow," She said as she crossed her legs.

"Okay," I said bluntly.

"Do you need any school supplies?" She asked. 

"I'm good. I still got a lot of my materials from when I was going to school," I said not looking up from my laptop.

"Okay. That's good. Your brother is gonna take to school tomorrow so be ready by 7:30. Class starts at 8," She said as she got up and walked towards the door.

"Okay," I said.

"Do you need anything else?" She asked before touching the doorknob.

"Can I bring a laptop so that I can take notes on it?" I asked still not looking up from the laptop.

"Yes, you can." She said. "Anything else?" She asked.

"No," I said as I looked up.

Before she could see me look up, she opened the door and said goodbye and walked out of my room. I smiled unknowingly. 

Next Day

Alarm Alarm Alarm Alarm

I stir around my bed with my eyes closed. I grabbed my phone on the nightstand where it was charging. I unplugged it and opened my eyes and stopped my alarm. I look at the time and it was 6 in the morning. I groaned and sat my phone on my bed and started stretching my body.

I rose from my bed and just stared straight ahead. I sat up like that for 5 minutes, staring at nothing. And after a while, I got out of my bed and started getting ready for school. I went to the bathroom and took a shower. After taking a shower, I dried myself up with a towel and I wrapped my hair up with a towel and got my robe and wrapped myself around it, and brushed my teeth. I walked to my closet. But before I reached out for my clothes, I checked my phone for the weather and it was gonna be warm today so I grabbed my clothes and dress myself up.

Pin by Princess Nicole Chan on Photography ideas | Street style ...(I don't own this image)

I checked my outfit one last time in the mirror and I'm satisfied. But before I leave my room, I got my phone out of my back pocket and started taking selfies of my outfit. After a while, I checked the pictures that I took and after I was satisfied, I uploaded it to Instagram.

(The same pic from the top, but with a north face backpack)

(Caption: First day of school).

 After I posted the picture, I put my phone back to my back pocket and went downstairs to eat. And as I got downstairs it was my "mom", and my brother who was in the dining room eating breakfast.

"Good morning Hana." They said in unison as they continued eating their breakfast.

I just sat down and got my food. And about ten minutes, my brother was done.

"Are you almost done, Hana?" He asked as he puts his utensils down and wiped his face.

"I'm done," I said as I drank my orange juice and wiped my face.

"Okay let's go," He said as he got up and walked out of the dining room.

"Okay," I said as I followed him.

We got into his car and I went to the passenger seat and put my seat belt on.

"Hey," I said as I turned to him.

"Yes?" He asked as he started the engine.

"Can I drive to school next time?" I asked.

"No," He said as he started driving his car.

"Why not? I started driving to school as soon as I got my license when I was 16." I said.

"Because schools don't allow their students to drive to school. It's too dangerous because there's a lot of students walking to school," He said not looking at me, but on the road.

"hmmm," I said as I slumped on my chair.

"What kind of system is this?" I said it to myself.

I took my phone out and as I turn it on, I received a lot of notifications from Instagram. I opened my phone and it showed, 3k likes, 1000 comments, and 600 followers. I guess my pic from a while ago was a success. Then I saw a DM from Nina.

NNAV: You already started school?

HNAV: Sadly, yes.:(

NNAV: smh

HNAV: Ikr

"We're here," My brother said as he stopped the car in front of the school. "Just go inside the gate, then look for the main office, they'll show you where your class is," He said as he unlocked the car.

"Okay," I said plainly and got out of the car. As I was walking towards the gate, I was getting stares from everyone around me.

'What the are they looking at?' I thought to myself as I took my phone out and went on Snapchat. Before I went inside the school I took a pic of the school and captioned it 'The first day of School'  and I posted it on my story.

And as I got inside, there were more students. And they were looking at me the same way as the other students outside.

Then I hear what they're saying.

'What is she wearing?'

'OMG! Look how short her shirt is.'

'Isn't she that one vlogger from the states.'

'I think I know what you're talking about.'

As I walked around the school, I couldn't find the main office. Usually, the main office is right next to the main door, but for some reason, it's not. So, I tapped the nearest person next to me.

"Excuse me. Can you tell me where the main office is at?" I asked him. And as he heard my voice, he turned around.

"You're asking me?" He said as he pointed at himself.

"Yes," I said trying to be nice since I don't know this person.

"It's right there." He said as he pointed towards the main office.

"Thanks," I said as I left him there.

When I reached the main office, I opened the door and walked inside. Then as I walked inside, all heads turned my way.

"Who can I talk to? I just transferred here." I said as I stood by the door.

"You must be Hana," This middle-aged woman came up to me and led me inside.

"Yes," I said.

"I'm your homeroom teacher, Ms. Kim. Come follow me," Ms. Kim said as she went back to her desk.

I followed her to her desk and the other teachers were just looking at me weirdly.

"Excuse me, but what are they looking at?" I asked Ms. Kim politely.

"They're looking at you," She said straight up.

"What do you mean?" I asked her as I looked down and try looking at what's wrong with my outfit.

"You're not following the school dress codes. You're not allowed to wear cropped tops, spaghetti strap clothing, and ripped jeans," She said as she got to her desk and sat down.

"Well nobody told me about these rules," I said as I crossed my arms.

"You're getting a pass today since it's your first day, but after today you have to follow these regulations." She said as she looked at my files on her computer. "So you're from America? What made you come back?" Ms. Kim asked.

"I was forced to come back and live with my real parents," I said truthfully.

"And I see here that you were gonna be Valedictorian if you didn't move back. I'm looking forward to having you in my class," She said as she faced me and held her hand out for a handshake and I just shook it for a little bit and let go. "Okay. Let's go to your class." She said as she got up and took her stuff and went out and followed behind her.

We went two floors up and as we were walking she explained how the schooling system is different from America.

"Here in Korea, you stay in one class. You don't move class by class unlike the schools in America. The teachers are the ones moving from class to class. And there are four levels of this school. The first level is for freshmen and sophomores. The second level is for juniors. The third level is for seniors. And the fourth level is the library. There's also a separate building for sports and music. And we're here. Your class is on 4-1. Wait here for a little bit and when I call you in you can come in," She explained on the way to the class.

 I looked around and saw that there were a few students outside, but not a lot. Then I hear her call my name. I walked inside with my head help up high.

"Introduce yourself." Ms. Kim said as she motioned me to introduce myself.

"Hi. My name is Kwon Hana and I just transferred here from the states." I said briefly with a fake smile.

"Any questions for Hana?" Ms. Kim asked.

Then a few students raised their hands.

"Yes, Soyeon." Ms. Kim pointed at the girl sitting in the middle of the class.

"Are you that one vlogger? Hana Nina and Friends?" She asked curiously.

"Yes," I said simply.

Then they started whispering within each other.

'it is her.'

'omg'

'I'm a fan.'

They continued whispering within each other and Ms. Kim slammed her hand on the desk in front of her.

"Okay! Quiet!" She shouted and everyone was silent. "You can go sit there Ms. Kwon." She said at the two empty desks in the back.

I just walked towards the desk and they started whispering again.

'Omg! She's sitting next to him.'

'He doesn't like anybody sitting next to him.'

'Just keep quiet.'

I sat down and took my stuff out. I took my laptop out and went to google docs and opened a new document to write my notes in. As Ms. Kim was about to start her lecture, she saw my laptop and she shouted across the room, "Put your electronic device away Hana." 

"Why? I was told I was allowed to have it for my notes," I said not listening to her.

"Just because you're new that doesn't mean you can start disrespecting me." She said.

"I'm just saying. I was told that I was allowed to use my laptop for my notes." I said stating the truth.

"You know what. I'm calling your parents and let's see what they'll say." She said threatening me.

"Go ahead. I don't give a if you call them," I said and started cussing her out. Not caring.

 

 

 


hey guys!!! I hope you like this update. I don't usually write this long of a chapter, Hope you guys like it.