(study) date

a brief inquiry into online relationships
Please log in to read the full chapter

"You invited Joohyun over to study with us?" Seungwan gaped at her slightly fidgety best friend, who was currently putting a little too much thought into a mere study session outfit.

"Yeah, she's coming over in fifteen," Seulgi replied as nonchalantly as she could from underneath a pile of clothes. "What about it?"

"Nothing, just that you’ve never reached out to anyone before. Even I had to invite myself to study with you," Seungwan smirked, making Seulgi roll her eyes.

"I've decided that as a project manager, I should try to be more friendly and outgoing so more people want to join Eco Concrete."

"Yeah, so your first target is the president Bae Joohyun, of all people. Not suspicious at all."

Seulgi sighed, "Can we not do this? You said it yourself, you don't want me getting hurt because Joohyun's straight."

"Yeah, but here's the catch. She didn't choose Bogum, Seulgi." Seungwan leaned forward, a conspiratorial glint in her eye.

"…And?" Seulgi cocked an eyebrow.

"She might not be so…straight? Okay, I'm just gonna lay it down. I saw that hand holding thing she pulled at General Meeting and lemme tell you, my gaydar pinged. It was a very faint ping but I swear I heard it." Seungwan looked excited, like she did when she had her moments of ingenuity.

Seulgi snorted. "She was just being nice! And you're not even gay, Seungwan. Your gaydar doesn't work like mine, and she sure didn't ping for me."

"Oh please, you've never properly tried your gaydar 'cause the gays hide themselves so well around here. You haven't singled out anyone. I on the other hand had tons of open friends back home in Canada."

"Okay first of all, rude, and second, she could have had boyfriends before Bogum," Seulgi pointed out.

Seungwan opened , then closed it again. "You know what, you're absolutely right. I won't say anything until we find out more." She pouted as Seulgi fist pumped, happy at having won their little debate.

Okay, maybe Seulgi was a bit nervous for today, but she was prepared to resist whatever charms Joohyun might bring. She spent all yesterday editing fics with Baechu, and they did a cute thing where they posted chapters at the same exact time and encouraged readers to read each other's stories. She had resolved to remember these moments if Joohyun was being even a little tempting. Seulgi had fallen for many a straight girl in her high school days, and she was determined not to do so again.

It looked like her strategy was working, because she smiled without fail upon recalling the lowkey flirty banter that had lasted from morning to midnight. Wait, but that meant she hadn't done any preliminary readings prior to their study session. Which meant that she might not be able to help out Joohyun if she needed it…

"Ah shoot, I forgot to read some material beforehand!"

"Isn't that what we're going to be doing anyway?" Seungwan asked quizzically.

"I mean, if Joohyun doesn't get something…oh, nevermind. She probably got a head start herself, being a responsible president and all..." Seulgi trailed off.

Seungwan eyed her worried friend, a slow grin spreading across her face. "I'm sure you'll understand everything on the first read, you're smart enough."

She had the feeling that deep down, Seulgi was subconsciously afraid of not being able to impress the president.

Seungwan - 1, Seulgi - 0.

Joohyun arrived right on time, looking well prepared with her books and backpack in tow. However, Seulgi's spirits (and truth be told, ) dropped a little, because the president had shown up in a form fitting, low-cut KSCE tank and rabbit-print pajama shorts bordering on being booty shorts.

Upon seeing Seulgi and Seungwan, she clutched her books tighter to herself. "Oh wow, I feel so underdressed. I came in my pajamas," she blushed.

Suddenly, Seulgi felt very dumb for having gone all-out in a nice blouse and jeans, and for making Seungwan do so as well. "No, it's totally cool. You know what? We'll change into our pajamas too."

"What?" Seungwan blurted out. Seulgi glared daggers at her to play along, but suddenly wished she hadn't said anything when the girl began to smile devilishly.

"Oh yeah, got it. I'll be right back." She snatched her bed clothes from where they had been tossed haphazardly on her bunk and made a mad dash for the bathroom, leaving Seulgi and Joohyun alone. "Oh shoot, it looks like I'll be taking quite some time in here. Gee Seulgi, do you have a place to change?" they heard Seungwan call.

Joohyun told her, "It's alright, you can change here. I'll look the other way." She politely turned away from Seulgi, facing the window.

Seulgi made a mental note to sabotage her friend later for capitalizing on her gay panic. Silently muttering curses to high heaven, she stripped out of her jeans and into her comfy gym shorts. She had just taken off her blouse when she realized she'd hung her oversized sleep shirt on her chair, which was currently at her desk next to the window where Joohyun was.

Just ing great. "Hey Joohyun," she called timidly, taking a few steps towards the president, "Do you mind handing me that shirt over there - HOLY F*%&!" As luck would have it, she tripped over a large backpack in the way. Seungwan's backpack, she realized moments too late. What the hell was it even doing on her side of the room?

Joohyun, who had begun to turn around in response to Seulgi's request, gave a yelp as the monolid girl collided into her head on, causing the both of them to topple to the ground like an unstable structure.

Seulgi opened her eyes slowly, feeling her heart stop beating upon seeing Joohyun's shocked face mere inches away from hers. She had landed on her hands and knees, straddling the president who was currently splayed beneath her.

They stared at each other, breathing hard as Seulgi processed the situation she was currently in. One, she was currently topless except her sports bra, her toned abs on full display in all of their magnificent glory. Two, from this angle she could see right down the president's tank top. And three, Joohyun wasn't making any move to get up, her eyes flickering between Seulgi's panicked ones and the rest of her athletic and very exposed figure.

"I'm back!" Seungwan said in a sing-song voice, bursting out of the bathroom. "Are you guys ready - OMG, well that was fast!"

Completely mortified at their scandalous position, Seulgi sprang off the president like her life depended on it, crashing into her desk with a bang. Rubbing her head and wincing, she quickly snatched the shirt from her chair and it over her head. Beside her, Joohyun quickly got up to her feet, her face flushed completely red and eyes avoiding contact with the other two.

"I mean, OMG, I am so fast at changing!" Seungwan gave a nervous chuckle upon seeing Seulgi's stormy expression.

Joohyun hastily excused herself to the bathroom, g

Please log in to read the full chapter