Episode 1

My Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Empty by Winner blasting loudly through Hwasa speaker even though the clock is ticking to 2:15am. She doesn't care about the complain she might getting, all she care about is the void inside her heart. She lays down in her queen size bed, with her eyes close immersing herself into the song. Despite the long busy day she went through today, it's still not enough to put her to sleep. Her mind is over the places but her heart feels so empty. The song she's been listening to on repeat since two hours ago pretty much a sum up to what she felt lately. Most of the time, she's wondering by herself why she felt the emptiness in her heart. She always feel like something is missing. It feels like there's a big hole inside her heart that needed to be fill. It's is so quiet. It seem begging for something. It want something. Something that Hwasa has yet to figure out. Those unexplained feeling been distracting her focus and bugging her peaceful mind.

"What is this feeling?" Hwasa mumbles to herself along with a heavy sighs, getting frustrated of herself. Lately, she don't feel like being herself. She has turn into a complicated and confusing Hwasa. As she gets drowning into her thoughts, her door bell rings making her eyes wide open immediately. She look up at the blank ceiling waiting for another ring which follow a second later. She sits up with a big frown wondering about the person behind her door ringing her bell at 2:30am.

"Who is that? It can't be Wheein. She knows the password." Hwasa talking to herself. Her heart racing as negative thoughts invading her mind. She grabs her phone, slowing down the volume before she jump off the bed. Hesitantly, she heading to her main door, the person ring the bell again. She peek through the small hole on the door but she unable to see the person face since it's hidden under a white baseball cap. Ironically, she recognized the white cap just with one glance. As soon as she know who's the cap belongs to, her heart racing even more faster. Her hands shaking once her eyes caught a brown wavy hair under the white cap. Slowly, she turn the knob, pull the door open with mix feeling. 

"What..are you doing here?" She stammering which she can't believe it herself but she can't help because this person before her eyes rarely visiting her at her house especially at this very late hour. 

"Hyejin-ah...." Moonbyul called out her name with a big grins across her face. Her cheeks flushed which Hwasa immediately caught on. 

"Moon Byulyi, are you drunk?" She asked. Her heartbeat still beating rapidly. At this moment it feels like there is so many reasons of her crazy heartbeat but with just one explanation it's only one reason and that's because of Moonbyul right here, at her door at 2:30am.

Moonbyul immediately shake her head. "I'm not drunk but I had drink earlier with Seulgi and Jin but the two asses left early because they have schedule tomorrow."

"We have schedule tomorrow too. 6am." 

"Are you not going to let me in?" Moonbyul ignored her instead and step closer. A little too closer as Hwasa could smell a mixture of her perfume and the alcohol on her breathe. Of course, the mixtures scent didn't help her to calm her heart down. Not at all.

"What's wrong? Don't you want me here? Or did I disturb something? I'm sorry for coming this late. I just want to have a drink with you." Moonbyul showed Hwasa the plastic bag she's been carrying, noticing Hwasa's uncomfortable face.

"I won't stay longer. I promise. I'll go once we finish this beer." Moonbyul almost lost her voice as she no longer can control her own palpitations. She's trying to play it cool and not wanting to show Hwasa how nervous she really is while standing in front of the woman that has been stealing her focus this lately. A woman that has caused her failed to get even a wink of sleep at nights. Besides, she never visiting Hwasa at her house this late.

Moonbyul swallowed a lump as she noticed Hwasa been studying her face for quite some time now. She's afraid she might got caught lying since she's not that good at giving people lies. The truth is, she's the one who bailed first from the karaoke room. She left Jin and Seulgi in the room as she failed to stop her mind from wondering about Hwasa. Even though they met and together today for their group activity, she still unable to erase her thoughts about their youngest member. So, she mustered all her courage standing by Hwasa's door and ring on her bell half an hour after, just to see her. 

"You're not coming in?" Hwasa voice from a far snapping her out to reality. Moonbyul shake her head in disbelief noticing Hwasa no longer by the door but instead waiting for Moonbyul in her comfy couch. Moonbyul shake her head with a small smile plastered on her face. Couldn't believe she's been spacing out which she rarely do.  She took off her shoes and close the door behind her, heading towards the kitchen.

"I bought pizza for you too." She said placing the bags by the kitchen counter not afar from where Hwasa is seated. She takes the pizza out and two cans of beer then occupying the empty seat next to Hwasa. 

"Wheein's not coming?" Moonbyul blurted out the question she's been wanting to ask. She knew it so well Hwasa and Wheein is really a close friends since their high school and they are inseparable. She knows the two young girls is like a soulmate bestfriend but sometimes she can't help but to envy Wheein and get jealous of the way Hwasa taking care of Wheein. Sometimes, she even ask herself how to be as lucky as Wheein for having a woman like Hwasa who cares for her and loving her unconditionally. She remember she almost burst out in jealousy during their video shooting in New Zealand last year as she sees Hwasa and Wheein walking hand to hand by the beach and they couldn't stop hugging each other. By that time, she couldn't explain the actual reason of her jealousy. She thought she's jealous because she wish to be that close to Hwasa and Wheein. Turn out that's not the reason and she only get to learnt that recently.

"I don't think so. She said she's really tired." Hwasa answer while struggling to open the lit as she forget to take her fake long nails off. Noticing her struggles, Moonbyul grab her own beer, lift the lit open and give the can to Hwasa. 

"Let me guess. Yongsun unnie didn't pick up her phone." Hwasa make a random guess while munching the pizza. She can't help but to get suspicious over Moonbyul late night appearance at her apartment.

"No.." Moonbyul hesitant to tell her the truth, and she end up lying again. "I mean yeah. She didn't pick up my call." She quickly grab her beer and gulping on it without looking at Hwasa face. I'm a terrible person today. Moonbyul thought to herself. But she really couldn't tell Hwasa the truth. She's so scared of what Hw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter