chapter 1 : krystal

green tea & red wine

 

Title: Wallflower

Pairing: Jung Soojung x Kang Minhyuk

Date: 21/5/2015

 

“Rinnnnggggg!...” the bell rang.

“Yes!” she shouted in her head.

Jung Soojung straightened her back and neck, the result of hours of examination and surveyed the whole seemingly beginning to become noise-polluted room.

Kai was yelling at Sehun for throwing paper plane at him; Seulgi and Sulli were chatting animatedly, undoubtedly about clothes, makeup and gossip around the campus; Changmin and Kyuhyun were chatting with Victoria, the foreign student, probably trying to get her to go for a drink with them; and Luna was doing waltz in her heels, heading out the door, probably celebrating the occasion to go home early.

With a grunt, Soojung pushed her chair back, heaved herself up and started stuffing things into her huge bag. She couldn’t wait to get home and throw herself on her beloved bed.

She gave the room a final glance before stepping out through the glass doors of the air-conditioned building. A blast of hot, humid air slammed her full in the face, stunning her for a few seconds.

Then she continued towards the bus stop, only to realize that there are hordes of people gathered there, regretted not taking the car today. To her surprise, Minhyuk, a classmate of her was already there. Of course she never talked to him before. All she knew about him was his perfect grades and always being at the top of the class.

“When did he left? I thought I was the first one,” she argued in her head before noticing that the latter was heading towards her.

“Hey, we’re in the same class,'' he said, rubbing his nape.

“I know…” answered Soojung shortly.

The boy widen his eyes, clearly happy with her reply. “You do? I just… You seemed like you never noticed me”.

“Sorry… “, she apologized. Soojung was a wallflower in her class and never seemed to talk to anyone. Deep down inside, she only wanted someone to approach her first as she didn’t know how to do that to others. Of course, her cold gaze and simple responses would intimidate everyone from coming near her.

The boy chuckled softly, amused. “There’s a lot of people,'' he remarked.

Soojung never liked crowded places, so she decided to wait for the buses to come and left until there only a few people at the bus stop. The sky was streaked with red, orange and gold now. She knew that she should be home right now.

When she turned her head to the side, she saw the boy… Still standing there. She thought he had left a while ago.

opened before closing it back. She wanted to ask why he didn’t leave moments ago but no words came out. Surprisingly, he saw her action before flashing a dashing smile.

“I was not fond of crowded places too,'' said Minhyuk before continuing. “I just assumed that you were gonna ask that.”

“Oh… yes. I did,” she replied, tucking a strand of hair behind her right ear. Seconds later, the boy caught a glimpse of the bus and stood immediately.

“The bus is here ,'' he said, stating the obvious.

Soojung heaved herself up as the remaining people at the bus stop queued when the bus halted in front of them. “Oh, you’re right. I suppose we should get going then…”

The latter nodded. “So listen, I was wondering if you would like to get an ice cream with me tomorrow… while waiting for the bus, of course. Or just go to the bookstore nearby… or anything.”

The girl blinked a couple of times before answering, “Okay… that sounds nice”. Without noticing, already curved a smile.

“Okay then. Cool”, he said, chuckling a bit.

In the bus, they sat next to each other since other seats were occupied. Minhyuk kept the conversation going since he knew how quiet she is, something that Soojung is thankful about. He talked about how easy the exam earlier and how Chen is trying hard to get her attention, also Kai having a crush on her.

“Perhaps it’s not a bad thing to leave the car at home”, she thought silently. She liked the situation that is happening right now, her leaning her head against the transparent window facing him, listening intently on his chattering.

“Actually I had a crush on you too,'' he said softly while looking away, refusing to make eye contact with her.

 

As shock as she is to hear his statement, she was actually glad.

I like you too and with what’s happening right now- I like you more…

 

{ it's a bit short and it's pretty old too, but it's all that i got for now. the next one will also be from 2015, then it'll be new content from then on. have a nice day! }