003

Mother (vsoo)/(vrene)

"Aren't these your favorite Eun-ji?", Jisoo smiled, pulling a purple tulip from the furnished green grass on the mowed lawn. "Ani eomma, these are my favorite", Jung-mi chirped, well I guess I should start calling her Eun-ji now. 

Jisoo frowned at the Northeast wildflower angling in eun-ji's tiny grip. "No, you've always liked Tulips since you were much smaller, you're...different now", Jisoo teared up and Eun-ji looked at me as a cry out for help and concern. 

I closed the book I was pretending to read and get off the porch. "Jisoo, I think playtime with Eun-ji is up now, she needs a bath before dinner right?", I smiled whiled while tickling Eun-ji on her tummy and she giggled. 

Jisoo nodded but still sat grounded on the semi wet grass from the sprinklers. I sighed and went inside with Eun-ji on my hip. 

I entered the kitchen, expecting to see Irene making dinner already but she's not there. I put Eun-ji down and told her to go to the bath and start the water and walked upstairs to my bedroom. 

I see Irene sat on the edge of the bed, head slumped down, pale and weak as ever. I walk around the bed and stand in front of her, analyzing her. 

"Why haven't you started dinner yet?", I asked her but she doesn't say a word. "Yah! Bae Joo-hyun answer me!", I shout this time and grab her chin, forcing her to look up at me. 

I wasn't too shocked at the sight of her but maybe just a little, I felt bad. The side of her head had a red bruise and her wrist were blue and irritated with cuts. I let her go and roll my eyes. 

"You said you stopped cutting...", I said with my back turned to her. I hear a soft chuckle from her lips and it's enough to send me off the edge. 

I turn around and angrily pin her to the bed. "You think this is funny!?", I asked her but she still has that smirk on her face. "Yeah, this pain is nothing compared to what you do to me", she said, her sad eyes slowly meeting contact with my angry ones. 

I realized the blood that stained my hands and squeezed her wrist tighter, knowing she's in pain but won't show it. 

"Nobody is allowed to hurt you but me, not even yourself! You wanna die then? Die , act like Jung-mi still won't need you!", I spat and I knew that knocked some sense into her. 

Irene quickly pushed me off and got to her feet. "I-I'll go make dinner", she muttered and rushed downstairs. 

I didn't realize I was crying until I felt a wet trickle slide down my cheek. What the ? I don't care about her, I just want my Jisoo back, what am I crying for? 
"Ah...I must be going crazy", I sighed and pushed myself off the bed.

My head for some reason turned towards the picture frame standing on the top of the small table next to me. I pick it up and frowned at it. It's a picture of me, Irene and Eunji.

I smile because I remember when she insisted we took a family photo, I didn't want to but sadly, I have a soft spot for her and did it anyways. This was our first photo together. 
 

I quickly put the picture down and head downstairs. Dinner should be almost ready. 
"Mm, smells delicious Irene, is dinner rea-"

"Stay away, I'll kill you, I swear I'll kill you", Irene shouts as she wavered the large around in her hand as she held Eunji close to her. I look at jisoo who's holding her wrist in pain. . She's bleeding.

I quickly run to her aid. "Jisoo are you okay? What the hell happened?", I asked while trying to remove her hand to see how bad the cut is. 
"I member now...", jisoo whispers and I could feel the sweat dripping down my forehead as I stare at her dull, empty eyes.

"Remember? Remember what? What the do you remember?!", I scream and shake her shoulders, trying to reach any sanity left in her.

"It was you...Taehyung...you killed her", she says and points her finger at my face. I was being confused, what was she rambling about?

"I-I killed who?", I hesitantly asked because part of me really didn't want to know. She looks away from me for a few seconds before looking me in my eyes again.

"Jisoo, you're the one who killed her..."

I...I killed her? It was my fault she got hurt that day? It's my fault she lost the babies? It's my fault....

It's all my ing fault!