wishing

Frienemy Switch

“What your name?”

 

A teacher was looking at him with angry face, yes he did bad by fighting, but he always get in his nerve “Park Chanyeol” he replied with the possible polite way he can have because this isn’t a good situation he is in right now

 

“You know Mr.Park this is your first day in this school right?”

“Yes Sir!”

“Why fighting in this early hour?”

Chanyeol bite his lower lip and with an apologize look he said “am sorry this won’t happen again”

“It’s better not, I will act like nothing happen this time but you better behave, go now and call him in”

 

 

What? Call him! No, he will not, he hate him, he hate every single hair of him, He left the office to see him sitting there, looking at his phone like he doesn’t care if he get expelled in the first day, yes that him not caring about a , he hate him, since day one, not even looking longer at him he just pass by him and the other was clever enough to know it his turn, because he could feel him standing from behind.

 

 

 

 

>>>> Inside <<<<

 

 

“What your name”

“Baekhyun! You sir?”

“Am teacher Yunho, listen Baekhyun what you did today is unacceptable”

“He started it, I was going to ignore him, but he started it, not my fault I should defend myself”

“You know you can’t hit your colleague inside the college right? And you hit him with your bag”

“His taller, I needed something to make it equal plus he pushed me first!”

The teacher shake his head a no like he is so done with him asking “you guys do have some issue in your old school?” but he get a rolling eyes from the student in front of him

“No actually its start years ago, but it’s not important now”

Gaining a confused look from the teacher he also get a pass this time since it the first day, who is he his Byun Baekhyun, who’s his enemy? He is that tall for nothing Park damn Chanyeol, when this hate started. It start since day one, where the two were still at the 1st grade,

Baekhyun was the first to joint that primary school and his first day friend was a cute girl that he fall in love with her from the first sight, the girl have a big smile a wide eyes a cute short black hair, but the second day that Park Chanyeol came to the school and the girl start to give her interest to him since he was talkative and always smiling, not like him, shy and silent, jealousy start to get into him when the two were so into each other when they talk and especially when he made her laugh, so he decide to confess to her but for his luck, guess what?? Chanyeol interrupted his confession to say his own, that made him look like an idiot standing there and the two were in front of him living their moment, he saw the little girl way overheated when he start to compliment her.

but he didn’t stay still, happily she acted like a big girl and ask to give her time to think, and that was his chance he didn’t let Chanyeol live in peace with her till she refused him, doing pranks on him making him look bad to her, then after that Chanyeol start doing pranks on him too as a revenge, and things becomes like that for years pranks, fights, hate, competition everything, till one day in the 6th grade when he set Chanyeol clothes on fire and was about to burn his face, seeing how dangerous it was and how the other mother was scared and crying when she came at the school.

 

He decide to stop being like a kid because things took years.

 

so he end up choosing the other side of everything to not go near him, he choose the other side of the city to live in because for his bad luck he kept studying with him every single year in the same school, and no he can’t take the same bus too! No that too much for him, school is much more enough, and if they come across each other for any reason, they end up fighting just like today.

 

And when the time came to move on to the university he though that idiot tall well definitely choose the university where their long forever crush are going to it, so there were two options stay in the city and study in a little college near your house which he doesn’t prefer because he dreamed of leaving since forever, or go to the big famous huge university in the other next city where his crush is 200% going there but that park idiotyeol there too.

 

So he decide to stay in his city college

 

But what better then happily came to here in the first day and find him standing there looking at the schedule??? that feel is undeniable. So yes, they start fighting, words first then bad words, then a push and a hit, and then the teacher spotted them and call them to his office.

 

 

 

 

finally finding his class after searching Baekhyun gets in, he look around to get a clear idea if that idiot is in the same class and happily he wasn’t there, he chooses a chair near a guy he never saw asking if it empty and he get a nodded from the one sitting there, shy and silent? Hell he stopped that in the 1st grade learning that he cannot get what he want if he did not talk

 

“Hi am Baekhyun!” He said with a smile to the boy next to him

 

“Jongin!” The other said looking at him with a smile shaking his hand

 

“You know anyone here?”

 

The boy named Jongin shake his head a no “am new in the city I came this summer”

 

Baekhyun nodded and turn back to see who is studying with him he can clearly see familiar faces everywhere that when their eyes met they say “hi“ to each other with names

“You have friends here?” Jongin asked

 

Baekhyun nodded “living here since forever makes you know everyone”

 

“BAEKHYUNAAAH!” a boy came running from the door and slam his on the table where Baekhyun was sitting “I am surprised”

 

“Don’t be Jongdae” Baekhyun shrugs

 

“But I thought you will go to the university and live in a campus and get a PhD degree! What are you doing here?”

 

“Unfortunately I thought I would have a peaceful life here but i will not, am just going to avoid him again”

 

“Chanyeol here?”

 

Baekhyun nodded

 

“Damn Baek you are so unlucky!” He said start laughing at him “I was passing by am at the 1-B class unfortunately but let have lunch together okay?”

 

Baekhyun accepted immediately with a nodded and “see you around DaeDae”

 

The other laughed with “shut up!” And left the class

 

“Hey Baekhyun what club you’re going to?” One of The familiar faces in the class asked an Baekhyun stand and move where they were looking at a paper with “definitely not swimming”

That make them laugh at the comment. However, Baekhyun smirk thinking of a devilish idea seeing the swimming club conditions to join.

 

 

Jongin was looking at his new seatmate seeing how he was interacting with the others, he unconsciously smiled when Baekhyun turn to look at him, he saw the other pointing for him to come, he raised his two eyebrows in surprise with “me” and Baekhyun nodded. Slowly standing he move to him and stand next to him.

 

“Guys this is Jongin”

 

The classmates start to know each other, Baekhyun hate when someone left alone that why he chooses to sit beside the unfamiliar face, and about the club? He said no swimming because he know that tall is definitely going to take it, well He like to beat Chanyeol in everything, studies, looks, popularity, to just make him think his number two, but that guy is way superior on swimming and he hate to admit it, he wanted to beat him once and he end up in the second place, and that felt like the day he crushed his confession. He felt inferior and he hate that feeling.

 

 

 

>>>> B-1 class <<<<

 

 

 

Chanyeol hate what happened, why the hell that short cockroach is here? He was so sure he will go to the university outside the city, he always speak about leaving the city and live independently, why the hell he is in here! He frowned sitting on a table alone, he was so angry and not in the mood to speak with anyone.

 

“That angry face of you I missed the whole summer”

 

Chanyeol look at Jongdae who came and sit next to him “because of him I was going to get in trouble”

 

“Baekhyun??” Jongdae smiled “no wonder I didn’t see this face in summer you guys don’t cross each other way for sure!“

 

Chanyeol just shrugs “i though I will have a peaceful year here but I will end up in the same mess, trouble here mean no scholarship! No championship!”

 

Jongdae nodded “yeah Baekhyun doesn’t care about that, wait?? Championship! You joined the swimming club?”

 

Chanyeol nodded “first thing I applied for when I came here in the morning, I can’t miss a chance, I need to audition first and get accepted in the main team then am good to go for the big prize”

 

Jongdae nodded with a wide smile thinking of him winning it because he know how much good he is “yeah I will be there to cheer for you don’t worry”

 

Chanyeol nodded “just be sure that brown hair cockroach never know about it, because he could mess up that for me for sure”

 

Jongdae shake his head “you know Baekhyun stopped pranking you that bad since 6 grade, he know what serious is serious and what for fun is for fun now”

 

“I don’t trust him, what happened today will definitely make him think of a way to piss me off”

 

 

Jongdae shrugs knowing that in a way maybe could be true, his been a friend for the two 7 years now, how he end up being a friend to the two in the same time? Well when he know them the war was already begins.

 

Baekhyun is his friend, he was kind to approach him and play with him, while Chanyeol is the opposite he was a happy virus with those who came to him, and an unsocial kid like Jongdae in his early days couldn’t have the courage to go and spoke with anyone, so Baekhyun made the first step, but in the end he found out that Chanyeol living in his neighborhood and the two end up friends, still Baekhyun was good enough to accept the two talking, he remember that day when they were little and he said to him

-making a friend is not a choice of another friend it your own-

Those words make him grow more respect in his heart, still he can’t understand why the two doesn’t look at each other good sides?? How can a person hate someone for all those years!

 

 

“Chanyeol! Jongdae!”

 

The two look at the person calling them and Chanyeol was surprised seeing him here “Kyungsoo what are you doing here?” He asked not believing his eyes, he was sure the boy applied for the big famous university

 

The boy named Kyungsoo smiled and sit in an empty chair in the other row near Chanyeol side “I decided at the last minute to come here, guess I couldn’t stay away from my family! And since I decided to stay I want to make it a surprise to you”

 

Chanyeol smiled seeing his best friend, this person here truly understands him, he was the reason for so many times to not go and do bad things to that cockroach, and he is so helpful even in his personal life.

 

“You sure it’s just your family?” Jongdae said with a teasing vibe that made Kyungsoo look daggers at him like he know something

 

“Yeah! Why? You know something I don’t?”

 

“No just making sure”

 

“I see”

 

“Don’t be so serious about it Kyungsoo you know you’re one of my best friends”

 

“I see”

 

“His definitely angry” Chanyeol said finally smiling this morning; well he was happy when he arrived! So scratch that he finally smiled after he met him.

 

 

 

Few minutes later the teacher came in, introducing himself, and start to chitchat with the students to get along, and tell them about the college law.

 

 

 

>>>> Baekhyun <<<<

 

 

Moving his head right and left with tiredness Baekhyun finally finish his classes for the morning, for his bad luck that teacher named Yunho was his main one, he kept looking daggers at him, like he wanted him to do a mistake, but he is little clever to look like a straight student, it not like his not, but studying is the last thing he think about, he look at Jongin “where do you live?”

 

Jongin look at him with a smile “south near the train station!”

 

Baekhyun nodded “I live in the opposite side”

 

“Too bad!”

 

“Yeah, But Jongdae lives near that place you probably should get along”

 

“I hope so!”

 

“My friends is your friends” Baekhyun smiled “if you’re free you can come with me and let have a lunch in the near restaurant, this college doesn’t have one”

 

Jongin accepted “If you don’t mind!”

 

Baekhyun stands and jump on Jongin shoulder “of course I won’t, let’s go tall y guy”

 

Saying that Jongin laughed hard, happy he found a friend like him.

 

“Guys let have lunch am starving!”

 

Jongin was now more surprised because all the class was following them, and some of them came talking to him asking if they live at the same way, he turn to look at Baekhyun who was laughing loudly with some fellas, Moving to the outside doors, Baekhyun asked them to go first, and he won’t take longer, with fast steps he look at the board in the little hallway, and smirked, he move all the way inside the school and knock the door, looking right and left the place was empty from the students,

 

The door got opened and a boy took a look at who was knocking,

 

Baekhyun put a smile on his face seeing the familiar face, “Xuimin Hyung!”

 

“Baekhyunee!” The person said and immediately hug him “oh my god it been years!”

 

Baekhyun nodded “how are you? I didn’t know you still study?”

 

Xuimin shrugs “I finished studying Baekhyun, am now a teacher and this is my 3rd year!”

 

Baekhyun eyes got wide-open “Oh it late but congratulations I should call you Xui-saem!”

 

Xuimin hit Baekhyun shoulder in a joking way “you never change! How things in your life?”

 

Baekhyun shrugs playing with his lips, not wanting to answer the question “you know! As usual”

 

Xuimin nodded with a smile “good, so what bring you in the swimming club? Am the teacher responsible on sports clubs”

 

Baekhyun laughed awkwardly “since you are I should leave”

 

Xuimin raises his eyebrow “from the first day you are looking for trouble?” He kept silent for seconds looking at an awkwardly smiling Baekhyun “don’t tell me the guy you hate! Wait a minute his name was…emm…Chanyeol right! Is he here in this school?”

 

Baekhyun nodded “not that much of trouble I just wanted to give it a try to beat him in the audition and make him lose against me, then I automatically lose against the others so he won’t join”

 

“BYUN BAEKHYUN!” Xuimin said shocked “that so low! I do not remember you like this! Well a little bit”

 

Baekhyun shrugs, “if he is good he will win against me! It’s a win win, but anyway I won’t do it, I need to have lunch now see you around Xui-saem!”

 

He said with a bow and a smile and move leaving that place, but before he have the time to take a turn he stopped straight away at his track looking at the huge body in front of him of a certain someone he should avoid, he automatically turn around to change direction but the shut of the swimming club class door was little loud

 

Oups!

 

 

Chanyeol knew it, he knew that guy won’t stay still, his only hope of getting to the championship could now be crushed because of him, he did something, he is so sure! With Furious, anger and frustration he unconsciously pushed the now turning Baekhyun as hard as he can with a loud voice “WHAT DID YOU DO?”

 

falling hardly on the ground, hearing the scream, feeling the most embarrassing feeling he have because his touching the floor right now, he stand and take his bag and as hard as he can he throw it on Chanyeol face, and in that part of second the taller touch the bag and have no vision he give him a side kick straight to his stomach

 

“Aagh!”

 

Chanyeol screaming in pain but the smirk was wide shown on Baekhyun face and that irritates him, he dash toward him to probably smash his head on the wall, but the interruption of Kyungsoo and Jongdae between the two made them stop

 

“GUYS! STOP!”

 

the two were standing between them now Kyungsoo trying to push Chanyeol and Jongdae standing in front of Baekhyun

 

“Are you two crazy this is a school!” Jongdae said looking at them

 

“I don’t mind taking it out, better if I broke a bone for you to never swim again!” Baekhyun said in a teasing way

 

“WHAT THE F*** DID YOU DO?” Chanyeol screamed

 

“It a surprise!” The smirk didn’t leave Baekhyun face

 

Chanyeol wanted to dash to him but this time Jongdae and Kyungsoo were catching him to not hit the other “I WILL BROKE THAT FACE OF YOURS FOR SURE”

 

“Chanyeol calm down!” Kyungsoo said and Jongdae continue, “The teachers will hear us”

 

 

“What going on?”

 

 

The four look at Xuimin who came out of the class, Chanyeol seeing the one responsible for his audition he stopped immediately

 

Kyungsoo was fast to answer, “A rat pass by! And he hate it” he look daggers at Baekhyun like he was that rat

 

Xuimin look at the ground searching, feeling it was a lie because Baekhyun bag and some paper were on the ground, he look at Baekhyun “is he saying the truth Baekhyunee!”

 

“nee!!!” Kyungsoo repeated and that made the three surprised, Chanyeol clench his fists in his clothes knowing that he definitely smashed his dream for sure.

 

Baekhyun look at Jongdae who was pleading with his eyes, it first day so he just decide to back off he turn to look at Xuimin “yes Xui-saem! I will leave now”

 

He said and took his bag from the ground leaving

 

 

“You must be that Chanyeol!” Xuimin said

 

Chanyeol know the rat said something since he know his name he nodded with “yes sir! I bring the final papers for the registration” he gave him some papers that he took from the ground “at least give me a chance”

 

Xuimin raised an eyebrow “you know trouble making is something i will definitely refuse in a sportive participant”

 

Chanyeol felt knifes in his heart hearing the refuse from now, he know that cockroachnee said something, and this teacher just found a way to fulfill the request and reject him before he even audition.

 

“Sorry for wasting your time”

 

He said and left with Kyungsoo and Jongdae behind him, fast steps that he didn’t see how hard the others were catching up to him, his stomach hurt, his heart hurt, how much he needed it, how much he wanted it, and because of a grudge of a 1st grade, his future destroyed forever. Moving out of the college building, he didn’t have the mood to study, he didn’t want anyone to see him cry because that was so meaningful for him...that was his only opportunity to make them happy.

 

All the way to his house he get in running upstairs to his little room and hide under his blanket, closing his eyes tightly, feeling the warmth of his own cheek under that blanket, or maybe it his tears....

 

 

 

he slept...

 

 

 

Thinking that he just close his eyes, he open them again and turn to look at the round little window in his room, he was surprised the time was already night, but he was mentally tired that he didn’t even move another inch, he kept looking at the black sky...till he noticed a falling star, usually he become happy when he saw a rare thing but this time he just wished...

 

“I wish you taste some of my life, to know how much I needed that”

 

 

 

In the same time

 

 

In the same moment

 

 

 

Baekhyun was leaning on a sofa looking at the black sky, he heard a vibration on his phone, he look at the unregistered number that he can recognize sending him a message, he open it...

 

-tomorrow is your father memorial don’t you ever think about showing up-

 

Baekhyun look at the message and deleted it immediately, he put the phone and look at the sky again, with a huffing breath he said

 

“Am not going to feel sad, father, mother, don’t worry am fine” he said smiling at the empty sky and the falling star passed, “eh!!” He smiled at the rare action and he wished...

 

“I wish who ever feel sad right now make their wish come true”

 

 

 

And it did...