Drunk

My own story

“CHAE!”

 

I heard someone call me, but nevermind that, I have to take a breather.

 

“CHAE!?”

 

The owner of the voice reached me and stopped me from walking.

 

“DAMMIT CHAE!?.........I TOLD YOU TO…… WAIT UP!?” She said while catching her breath.

“What do you want.” I turned to face her.

 

She was fiddling with her phone, then she looked at me

 

“Let’s Go” and led me, to wherever she wants to take me.

I just followed her since I already know where we going.

To our secret place.

 

 

I’ve been friends with these two idiots since grade school. We actually hate each other at first for some reason. We were always on each others tail. Then one day, we somehow ended up fighting physically for, again, whatever reason it was(I cant really remember.) after chasing each other. After the fight, we came to an understanding. And that place became our special place. Only the three of us knew it. 

Unless we take our special someone there.

 

A truce, where if you want to take a person there, that person must be really special. Not in a family or friendly way.

 

But in a romantic way.

 

 

Dahyun, probably, already brought Momo unnie here.

 

 

When we reached the place, Tzu’s already there, sitting on the small chair we brought when we decided to make this our special place.

Nothing has changed actually. 3 small chairs, surrounding a table. Boxes stacked neatly on one side. Cooler on the other side with a wooden box for our food storagr. And I don’t know how a bed with bedframe suddenly appeared here but we used it to our advantage. 

Tzuyu acknowledged our arrival by nodding once.

 

 

“I brought beers, don’t tell Nayeon and Jihyo unnie.” she raised the one she has been drinking.

“..........I’m really sorry Tzu, About the……” Dahyun started

“It’s fine.” Tzuyu replied with a sincere smile.

 

 

It’s always like this. We will annoy each other until one of us get pissed then will reconcile afterwards.

 

 

“You okay cub?” Tzuyu asked and threw a can of beer to me.

“Ye- Wait. How did you get these. We’re still minors.” I sat in the middle chair.

“Jackson.” Dahyun replied while sitting at the last empty chair.

“Make sense.” I opened the beer and drank.

“We really need to change the chairs here.”

“Not only the chairs, we’ll have to renovate.” Tzuyu opened one of the snacks from the food storage.

“Yah, it’s not even ours. I’m actually surprised no one came here to scold us.” Dahyun said while reaching for the snacks.

“It’s ours.” Tzuyu nonchalantly said
“Ours?” I asked. “How?”

“Okay!" She sat straight. "You two.... Don't freak out."

 

Both of us nod.

 

She took a deep breath. "I may, or may not have told my parents about this pla-“ Tzuyu started but got interrupted by Dahyun.

“YOU TOLD YOUR PARENTS ABOUT THESE!?” 

“SHUT UP AND LET ME TELL MY STORY!?” Tzuyu then recomposed her self. “So, just like I said, I may or may not have told my parents about this place, full detail and all...... It’s because of that stupid question.” she mumbled the last question.

“What question?” I asked while drinking my beer.

Tzuyu also drank her beer and continued. “On how I met you two and why you guys became the best people in my life- SHUT IT, I DON’T NEED YOUR DISGUSTING AFFECTION.” She quickly said the last one sternly as Dahyun was about to pounce on her.

 

“Aw come one!Just one kiss!”

“SAVE IT FOR YOUR GIRLFRIEND!” Tzuyu sighed “When I told them that, I didn’t know that they’re gonna contact your parents too, an-“

“Wait, our parents also knew?” I asked.

She just nodded. "Probably."

I groaned “So that explains why they let me go without questions whenever I go home late at night.” 

“This is stupid” Dahyun said, while opening her first can.

“No. It is not. Because if I didn’t tell my parents about this and didn’t tell your parents, We won’t own a ing abandoned building” Tzuyu replied sternly.

 

She then exhaled and relaxed in her char. “They bought the stupid land, I just learned earlier when I bumped with the owne- PREVIOUS owner. Turns out that when they heard about it, they started saving up and was about to surprise us when we all turned into legal age.” She finished and drank again from her can. "Don't tell that I spoilt their surprise. Act like it when they gave the title to us."

 

I was shocked. I mean, who wouldn’t, we’re hanging on the rooftop of some three storey abandoned building at the back of our old school for years, and now what, we ing own it now too. Then I remembered something. 

 

“I CALL SECOND FLOOR!?” I then shouted.

“THIRD!” Tzuyu then followed

Dahyun the groaned. “Really? The first one?” Tzuyu and I grinned mischivously and Dahyun just sighed in defeat.

“Stupid slow brain”

 

 

We all laughed and continued talking for a while, while drinking our beer and munching on the snacks.

As I was about to open my second can.

“Heard you stormed out after me, Chae.” Tzuyu eyed me. "What happened?"

 

I sighed in defeat, since we don’t keep secrets from each other, they know about my feelings about Mina.

 

 

Actually, everybody does. 

They confronted me when they noticed how different I treat her from the rest who have shown great interest in me.

 

 

“I just…..I-“ I sighed, then drank my beer first. “I couldn’t handle it anymore. It hurts too much, seeing her like that."

“I told you to stop waiting. You’re turning into Mina!” Dahyun exclaimed

“Yah! It’s been one year since I learned about my feelings I-“ I retorted but got retorted back.

“You’re just ing Dense! You fell for her since you get to know her! Stupid cub”

“Stupid Yoda.” I reached for another snack.

"I just can't stop you know! Before I knew it, I fell hard. Rock bottom. It's just- she's not what others says, she is smart, she is talented, beautiful, ethereal, out of this world looks, elegant, but she still has her imperfections. Damn it."

 

They looked at me and smiled sincerely.

 

"I know how that feels like. But I moved on, and look what did to me. It gave me Momo. Things will eventually get better when you learned how to give yourself a rest. Sometimes it's better to let go, you know. It hurts more to hold on to something that is not holding you back." Dahyun stated

"I know. I just can't help it. She's too precious."

“Apply your wise words to yourself. You can’t wait for someone, especially Mina, who’s head over heels for Jeongyeon, in case you don't know, to love you back! Why don’t you meet that girl from the freshies. They’re at our age, it will be fine.” Dahyun then stood up and sat on the bed.

“Yeah, what was her name again? Somi? Yeah, Somi. Just give us heads up, we’ll set you guys up.” Tzuyu then brought the bags of beer and followed Dahyun on the bed.

“No, Thank you. I’m quite with satisfied my current situation.” I moved my chair in front of them along with the snacks.

“sAtiSFiEd, you stupid cub you’re just hurting yourself!” Dahyun said with sarcasm on her voice.

 

I just mocked her with the make face since I can't retort something back.

 

"She's hurting too..." I mumbled after a while.

“For ing last time, would you prioritize yourself! You’re always helping the others! That’s why Yeri became someone else’s, Do you want to that to happen again” Tzuyu scolded.

“Tzu….” Dahyun eyed her, both of her eyes widen as she came to realize what she just said.

“Chae-“ 

“No, it’s fine. I deserve that.” I cutted her off before she apologize

.

Well they’re not wrong. Exact same thing happened when we we’re on high school. Her loving someone, and me, being the supportive “bestie.”. After the grad, we never got into contact. I don’t know where she is now, but I hope she’s happy with her guy. Me being the cupid of the couple.

 

The atmosphere became gloomy. So I decided to change topic.

 

 

“I can’t believe we skipped class.” 

“It’s because of you, stupid. We can’t just let you go when you feel down.” Tzuyu finished her beer.

“And I know you”ll do the same to us.” Dahyun said while making a shooting stance and threw the can in the trash bin near the door.

“Three points!” We cheered and laughed.

 

I went to the cooler to get some drinks. But eventually, found more beers.

I already had 2, but I can handle 5. So I took it, grabbed another snack, and went back.

“Guys, how many cans did Jackson bought us?” I asked.

“9, 3 each. Which mostly would end up as 2 for me, 2 for the eagle and 5 for the cub.” Tzuyu chuckled.

 

We continued our talks. Dropping stories here and there.

Time passed and I didn't notice that I drank more than I should. The alcohol’s starting to kick in.

 

“Guys, I don’t feel good.” 

 

Dahyun then made her way into the cooler to get me some water.

“, tzu, remember when you said Jackson bought us 9 cans?” Dahyun said.

“Yeah, what about it?” 

“Have you forgotten about the 3 beers we left in the cooler? We had 12 cans tzu. The beer’s gone.”

 

Tzuyu then started to count the cans surrounding me.

 

“, she’s almost at her limit. She drank 9. You had 1 right?” Tzuyu asked and Dahyun just nodded.

“, I can’t have her home. Dad’s gonna not gonna let me live!” Tzuyu stated while starting to clean up the mess.

“Neither does mine! 9 cans is a no-no Tzu. She’s gonna mumble ing truths. And Truth are ing scary!”

“What should we do? I don't like savage Chaeyoung laying in my room!”

 

As they continued to argue, my phone suddenly rang. I tried my best to answer.

 

“Mhng nyelo?”

“Chae? I didn’t saw you at the Uni for the afternoon class, where are you?”

“Am at da…….. where were we? Ah! The rolftap of di bilding!”

“Chae, are you…… drunk?”

 

The two must have realized that I’m talking with someone. Terrified, they took the phone from me, and when they saw who the caller was, the sighed in relief.

 

“Mina-unnie!”

“Tzuyu-yah, where are you? Is chaeng drunk?”

 “We, um…” Tzuyu eyed Dahyun 

“We need help unnie!” Tzuyu then smacked Dahyun.

 

Tzuyu covered the mic of the phone.

 

“Are you ing crazy!”

“What! Do you want to get burried alive!” Dahyun whispered angrily!

“Hello? Dahyunah? Tzuyu-yah?”

 

Dahyun then took the phone. “Unnie! We have a bit of a situation here.” Tzuyu is mouthing her to stop but she just continued. “We accidentally let Chae drunk, but not that drunk! And we we’re wondering if it’s okay to let her stay at yours?” Tzuyu then took the phone back.

“DAHYUN! CHAE’S GONNA KILL US!” Tzuyu shoutly whispered.

“BETTER THAN GETTING KILLED BY OUR DADS! SHE CANT GO BACK TO THE DORM EITHER. THE DORMS MOTHER GONNA GET MAD! AND SO DOES JIHYO AND NAYEON SO THEY ‘RE OUT! Mina’s our last option tzu! Take it or leave it!” Dahyun then sat on one of the chairs, rubbing her temple.

“Ummmm. I can hear you guys, you know?”Mina chuckled slightly at the distressed youngsters

“Fine fine. I’m taking her in. Just bring her here okay? Be careful. Bye.”

 

The two widen their eyes and looked at me.

 

“She's knocked out cold.” Tzuyu then approached me and looked for my wallet.

“It’s full, we can grab a taxi. Not of course, without a trip from the convinience store.” She then looked at Dahyun, and the two grinned sheepishly.

------------------

A/N I forgot to mention, the first chap is purely Mina's pov and this chap is Chaeyoung's but I guess you know that already. The pics are what they look like for the moment. I'll tell when the pov is in third person. Enjoy.