Chapter (5) : exposed

The Mafia's Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I hated Baekhyun for years. I hated him so much that I couldn't wait to run a dagger through his heart. I've always hated him so much that my priority was to have him killed the moment I get the chance to. 

 

Life is so cruel. No, it's my fate. I never thought that the people I called mom and dad never loved me, they only saw me as a key to their wealth, a money-making machine.

The sound of a loud gunshot brought me out of my deep thought, and back to reality.

 

"," Jongin muttered the curse word. His tone depicts a hint of tension. He glanced at us, but his attention was mainly on Baekhyun.

 

"How is he?" Jongin questioned, his attention fixed to the read ones more. He can't just be so careless, or else something terrible might happen. 

 

"He's still breathing."

 

"Hey, say it properly, he's still the boss." Jongin almost yelled.

 

"Not the boss of me." I rolled my eyes in delight when Jongin gritted his teeth.

 

"But you need to hurry up, he might die pretty soon."

 

"Shut up, !" Jongin yelled this time around, he couldn't keep it in any longer. He easily gets angry and that's my weapon against him.

 

He hissed and connected his wireless headphones to his ears.

"Jongdae what's going on?" He asked, eyes fixed to the dark road. 

 

I couldn't hear his conversation with the other guy, but with the way, his fist folded around the steering wheel said it all. Something was wrong, maybe Alberto and his men are after us.

 

I glanced at Baekhyun, just to know his current condition, and as expected it was pretty bad. He was still breathing but wasn't moving a bit. I can tell that he's in so much pain, after the amount of blood he has lost.

 

"Baekhyun will surely die here if you don't get your together and make a move." I became tense. I know that something must be done, or Baekhyun will die.

 

"They're behind us, I see no way of escape," Jongin said and I heard the sadness in his voice. It was as if he had already given up.

 

In the end, Jongin is still a human, and times like this will surely befall we humans.

But, something must be done, I can't allow Baekhyun to die. He might have wronged me by throwing me away from his mansion, but he's still a good man. At least he didn't throw me in jail because of my evil adoptive parents, but he had compassion on me and took me in.

 

"Jongin, give me the phone." 

 

"Are you mad? Do you know who Jongdae is?"

 

"I don't care, just give me the phone or your friend will surely die."

 

"Hana!"

 

"Just ing do it!" I yelled in annoyance. 

 

"Here you go." He gave me the phone and focused his attention back on the dark road.

 

"Thanks, now increase the speed, we need to get Baekhyun to the hospital."

 

"There will be no need for that, I'm a doctor," Jongin said and hit the road. This time around he gave Baekhyun a gentle look. "Hang on Baek, I got you, we got you." Jongin's voice was soft for the first time, and it felt strange, so strange.

 

I pressed the phone to my ear after dialing Jongdae's number.

 

"Jongin they're behind us, I'm afraid that they might track down our location if we head home now." Jongdae sounded a bit tensed over the phone. It was normal and I understood the point of his tension. But I was taught by Alberto that there's always a way out if you're wise as a mouse.

 

"That won't happen," I muttered loud enough to his hearing. 

 

"Who dares?" His voice suddenly became hard. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at his sudden change of tone. He's trying to act smart right now.

 

"It's Hana, and I have a plan. Please listen to me or Baekhyun might die at any moment."

 

"Go on, I'm all ears." He said and I nod in response as if he could see me.

 

"I sighted some teargas in your car earlier, tear it open, and throw it towards their direction. We'll hit on a high speed, you do the same as well. You will thank me later, believe me."

 

"Got it." He ended the call. I sighed and looked at Jongin through the mirror, and nodded.

 

"Sure it will work?" 

 

"It will."


 

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

 

 

I sat on the bed beside Baekhyun in his room. A silver ray of moonlight peeked through a gap in the curtain and Illuminated his features. He lay on his back sleeping soundly. He looked so innocent and handsome. A bandage was wrapped below his to his waist by Jongin immediately after his surgery.

 

I sighed deeply and glanced at the clock. 12:35 a.m.

I smiled and caressed his hair. For the first time in my life, I was so damn worried about this man, the man I hate the most that I stay awake throughout his surgery. 

 

Memories resurfaced at the earlier event.

I can't remember when last I prayed for mercy from God on someone's behalf, but today I did. I prayed after such a long time. I was just too scared when I saw Baekhyun so cold and no longer breathing.

 

Yes, the teargas plan worked perfectly, but when we arrived home, Baekhyun was as white and cold as snow.

 

I witnessed the fear in Jongin and Jongdae's eyes, and I also felt my heart slowly giving up. I wanted Baekhyun to live, I desperately wanted to see him alive and doing fine. I wanted to see his smile again, and for that reason I found myself praying with tears streaming down my cheeks. 

 

He was never at fault and he can't die, not now, nor ever. I was unstable when saying my prayers on my knees beside my bed, but when I heard that his heart was responding again, I felt warm and fresh tears streaming down my cheeks. I stood up from my knees in an attempt to see him, but then he was out of the blood and needed some urgently.

 

Luckily my blood group matches with Baekhyun's. I was able to donate enough blood to him just in time.

 

"Hana, you should rest," Jongin said, bringing me back to the present. I adjusted to the bed to look at Jongin.

 

"I'm fine," I said and looked at Baekhyun again. His eye patch was still on. it must feel so uncomfortable to sleep with those.

 

"Must he sleep with his patch on?" I asked, giving Jongin an honest look.

 

"It's his choice, I don't have a say on that." Jongin pulled the blanket on Baekhyun and regulated his drip. "You should rest as well."

 

"I will," I said, letting a soft smile. "Good night."

 

"Good night." Jongin returned the smile and left the room. I stared at the closed door for some minutes. So many thoughts were running through my clouded mind at the moment. I had so many questions in my head. I want to know why Baekhyun never takes off his eye patch, I want to see his left eye. I reached for his head and gently lifted it. He didn't move, he was sound asleep, and I gently took the eye patch away. It was scary at first seeing the scar below his closed left eye. It was strange, but god he looked so damn hot, even cuter without the eye patch. I felt my heart beating more than it's the normal rate and my cheeks heating up.

 

I kept the eye patch on the table beside his bed and I gently caressed the eye, feeling the rough skin below his closed eyes. I stared at him for a while, and then at the eye patch on the table. I know I've crossed my limit, but I'm not good at handling curiosity.

 

"Forgive me Baekhyun," I muttered and rested my head beside him, slowly giving in to fatigue and weakness.



Baekhyun POV

 

The light in my bedroom was dim, and in front of me was Hana. She wore a matching red bra and . Her hair lay loose, pouring around her neck. She was indeed so beautiful and damn attractive. 

 

I made my way towards her direction and stood in front of her. She smiled and stepped closer to me, she was a perfection.

 

"Welcome back home sweetheart." She whispered the words directly into my ears, while her hands did its magic on my chest.

 

I said nothing and let her have her way. She's the woman I love with everything in me, so if she wants this, then she's free to have her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter