Chapter (4) : the truth.

The Mafia's Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"She's Alberto's lover, and she's here to spy on us," Jongin said coldly in an irritating tone, clearly glaring dagger at me. 

I rolled my eyes at Jongin and looked at Baekhyun, but the mafia's glare was no jokes, he looked pissed.

"Hana…" Baekhyun's voice sounded like that of roaring thunder, filled with anger. 

"Yes," I muttered, looking at him. I've done nothing wrong, and I know that Alberto's claims are force, so why should I be scared?

 

He moved over to me and stood in front of me, his eyes never leaving mine. Being so close to me felt weird, but I guess I have no choice right now.

"What Jongin said, is it true?"

"Of course not."

 

"Then why did Alberto make such claims?"

"Who knows."

 

"HAHA!" Baekhyun yelled, his voice resounding around the whole mansion. I flinched, my heart clenched for a moment. I felt like collapsing to the floor, but he held unto my arms, his lips almost touching mine.

"Don't mess around with me, you have no idea what I can do." His breath was warm and his vocal strong. "Tell me the truth now." He said and I shivered in fear.

 

"I'm saying the truth, I'm not his lover." I felt scared, almost in tears, and I guess he noticed it by the way he let go of my arms.

"She's lying to us Baek, don't believe a word she says," Jongin said angrily, but Baekhyun said nothing. He glanced at Jongin and shook his head. 

"She's not lying to us, she speaks the truth," Baekhyun said in a soft tone, he looked at me and then at Jongin.

Jongin's expression was priceless. I bet what he wanted was for Baekhyun to strangle me till I drop dead, but things seem to work in my favor.

"And how sure are you?" Jongin moved closer to Baekhyun after glaring at me. "This over here is nothing but a spy, and I have proof."

Baekhyun's eyes twitched in irritation, he grabbed Jongin's arms and pulled him closer to himself.

"Jongin you know the monster I can be when I get provoked, right?"

"Yeah."

"Then don't refer to her as a ever again. She's not a ."

"I see. I was only looking out for you Baekhyun, but now I know that I'm at fault. Forgive me for being overly concerned after you." Jongin walked away without looking at me. He was hurt by the way Baekhyun spoke to him in my defense, and to be honest I was equally surprised. 

Why would he defend me with so much confidence when he knows absolutely nothing about me.

"Hana." A soft voice called, bringing me back to reality. I looked at him and sighed.

"Yes."

"Hana, I believe you, but I just want to know what kind of relationships you have with Alberto." 

I stared at him, contemplating if I should tell him the truth or not. Besides, I'm not yet sure if he's lying about my identity or not, and I still have to find out who that guy was that saved me earlier today.

"I will tell you all you need to know on one condition."

"A condition?" He asked, almost chuckling.

"Yes. So are you ready to accept my condition?"

"Go on, I'm all ears." Baekhyun sat down, waiting for me to speak.

 

"There's this guy I met earlier today, he kinda saved my life, and I want you to help me track him down."

"Is this a matter of love or what?"

"It's none of your ing business. You just tell me if it's a deal or not."

"It's a deal, but you must tell me everything, and if you lie to me, you're dead."

"I know that already, you don't have to remind me." I rolled my eyes, feeling high as I've made Baekhyun agree to help in locating the guys that saved me earlier. I was about to walk away when my tummy rumbled pretty loudly, and immediately Baekhyun looked at me.

 

I felt ashamed and I quickly looked away, but Baekhyun said nothing. He got up and picked up his phone and car keys.

"Let's have an outdoor dinner, I'm pretty hungry."

 

Great. I'm not the only one hungry. I smiled and quickly put on my canvas.

"Okay, let's go." I sounded all too happy. Honestly, I was seriously hungry, so the thought of eating was just too exciting.

 

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Baekhyun was gentle with me throughout the ride, he didn't yell or hurt me. He was just quiet and I felt a bit uncomfortable with it. I looked away from his direction and looked out through the window. The night was so bright and beautiful and I completely loved everything about this night.

"We're here." He said calmly, drawing my attention from the beautiful sight of the night.

 

I looked out through the window and in front of us was a five stars hotel.

 

"Here?"

"Yeah, come let's go."

"But it's pretty expensive, I can't afford it."

"But I can, stop complaining, and come with me. I'm starving." Baekhyun said and we both stepped out of the car after Baekhyun had parked his car properly in the parking lot.

As Baekhyun approached the entrance to the hotel, the security men quivered in fear. They quickly bowed and Baekhyun walked inside without even saying a word. It felt so intimidating, but well, maybe he's indeed a heartless man as they did say.

 

I followed him behind, hoping we will stop at any table soon, but no, we didn't. instead, he headed straight to the elevator. I wanted to refuse, but he held my hand when I made a stop.

"I bet you don't want to stay here."

"Why shouldn't I?" I asked, my eyes never leaving Baekhyun's.

 

"Hana please don't do this and just come with me." He looked at me with pleading eyes and I just couldn't refuse him.

"But I don't trust you at all."

 

"I know, but you have to at least trust me a little, please."

"Okay," I muttered. I had no other option than to step into the elevator with him. Besides, I was starving so eating with him won't hurt, right?"

 

After taking the elevator, we finally made it to a hallway. Baekhyun led me to the room he had in mind to have his dinner. The hotel was indeed beautiful, well beautified with costly designs.

"This is beautiful," I commented, unable to control my mouth.

"You like it?" Baekhyun asked, without looking at me. I guess he was pretty busy with the card in his hand, trying to open the door.

 

"Yes, I do. I mean who wouldn't like a beautiful place such as this?" I muttered, but I'm very sure the eye patch man heard it all.

I moved away from Baekhyun, walking around the beautiful passage. I did love the sight of the beautiful writings on the wall, it almost reminded me of a magazine I love reading. It has the same words on it. They were words worth reading, encouraging the sad souls, pushing them to move on even when it seems impossible.

 

I kept on reading the words while maintaining a steady movement at the same time. I was pretty much carried away with the writings, and I decided to move over to the opposite room. I took another step, so eager to complete the words, but I suddenly felt a stronghold on my left arm, accompanied by a great forceful pull.

All of a sudden, my face was pressed against Baekhyun's chest, and his body blocked my body frame from being seen completely. My hands were pressed against his chest, and his cologne was a little bit too harsh, but I loved it.

 

"Why?" I muttered, lifting my eyes to look at him.

 

"Quiet, Alberto is here." He whispered back, but his lips were still parted as if he was going to say something. I frowned. I know that there was more to his look than just the knowledge of knowing that Alberto is around.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter