The Best Therapy

Mitang, You Are Loved

A/N: The words in bold italics means that it is spoken in Japanese. 

                                             ——

MGMA 2019 had just officially ended and although the experience was really great and full of fun, exhaustion still enveloped the members of the Nation's girl group, TWICE, since their schedule had been fully packed for the past weeks because of their world tour and with the absence of their precious penguin, the tiredness that they were feeling were doubled. 

 

“Guys!” Jihyo shouts, her loud voice echoing in their medium-sized dressing room and once she saw that she got everybody's attention, a huge smile was then plastered on her face. “So I have some good news and bad news for you guys. Which one would you like to hear first?” 

 

“The good one? I don't know, we're all tired so I think a good news would be great” says Nayeon as she got out from a stall and is now wearing a much comfortable set of clothes. 

 

“Okay then good news it is then.” She inhaled a huge amount of air before shouting once again, “Mina, our precious cute little baby penguin, is back!” 

 

And in a span of two seconds after the leader's announcement, Sana could be seen embracing their maknae in a tight hug as she cried in delight and DubChaeng was thanking God for the good news that they badly needed. 

 

In shock, Momo blinked a couple of times and asked, “Sorry but did I just heard that right? Mitang's back?” 

 

“Mo, my voice was loud and cle—.” even before Jihyo was able to finish her retort, Nayeon started squealing. “AAHHH! OH MY GOD MY BABY PENGUIN IS BACK! HOW IS SHE? WAIT WHERE IS SHE? CAN WE MEET HER N—” and as a group that's filled with a bunch of dorks, Nayeon was also cut off when Jeongyeon threw a pillow on her face. 

 

“Finally you're quiet.” The second oldest of them all sighed in relief before worry became evident in her face, “As much as I'm happy to hear that Mina's back, I'm nervous with the bad news that you are talking about. Is it about Mina's condition?”

 

Jihyo’s smile slowly turned into a frown, “Sadly, it is.” By hearing this, everyone in the room was suddenly frozen, breaths were held and eyes were shaky as they were nervous to hear the bad news regarding their baby penguin. “Well, Mina's condition is.. far from good. She's still not feeling better and she still needs t— uhm guys? What the hell are you doing?” 

 

Nayeon stopped on what she's doing to answer Jihyo, “Shh Ji, pack your things as well! We need to check on Mina immediately!” she then went back to placing her stuffs on her bag. 

 

Jihyo didn't say anything else and just did what she was told. “Hey Mo, is this snack yours?” she asked when she found a bag of chips on the table. “Mo?” she asked again when she heard no reply. “Momo? Hirai? Hirai Momo?” Her eyes scanned the place and found no trace of their main dancer. 

 

“She already went to the van a couple of minutes ago. She can't wait to see Mina again, I guess.” Their manager informed with a sad smile to answer the girls' questioning stares. “She looked really sad.” 

 

Jeongyeon sighed in pity for her roommate, “Mina's absence is hard for us but it's harder for Momo. She must be so worried.”

 

“Well, who wouldn't be when your girlfriend's having a hard time yet you can't be by her side because of work?” Jihyo says, bag already on her shoulder and is ready to go. 

 

“She loves Mina unnie so much.” Tzuyu comments, her soft heart feeling the sadness oozing in the air. 

 

“We all do.” Sana adds, her grip on the youngest's hand getting tighter, missing Mina a lot more. 

 

“Exactly. That's why we should go now. Let's go check on our baby penguin.”

 

                                              ——  

 

“We're he— oh okay.” Their manager said to himself when he saw that the girls had already hopped off the van before he could even announce that they had arrived. “Well, take care!” he shouts to the already vanishing shadows of the girls.  

 

                                             ——

 

“Okay listen girls, when I open this door, you all should contain the excitement of seeing Mina to yourselves. We shouldn't overwhelm her too much. She might get startled and her condition might be triggered. So as much as possible, I want you all to keep it down. Don't get too excited, understand?” Jihyo says with authority, her hand already gripped the door knob and is ready to open it so the members just nodded their heads in understanding, already wanting the door to be opened so that they could have their penguin in sight again. 

 

Jihyo didn't let their suffering last any longer and the moment she opened the door, she was pushed aside by Nayeon who immediately ran to the living room where Mina's seated by the couch together with her mom. 

 

“Minari! My princess, it is I your prince!” Nayeon cried as she opened her arms wide for a hug. “I missed you so much” tears of joy then started to fall on her cheeks. 

 

“Holy sh— Nayeon! Let go of Mina's mom! Your tears are gonna stain her expensive clothes!” Jeongyeon scolded the oldest who's hugging Mrs. Myoui so tight. 

 

“B-but.. but Jihyo said that.. t-that we shouldn't overwhelm Mina so much and that includes not hugging her. I want to hug my princess penguin and her mom looks like her so I hugged her instead!” Nayeon said in defense, arms still not letting go of Mina's shocked mom. 

 

“Aigoo why are you so extra?” Jihyo shakes her head with the oldest member's dorkiness. 

 

“Because you said th— Yah! Why are you hugging Mina?!” Nayeon removed her arms from Mrs. Myoui and stood up aggressively, pointing her finger accusingly at their leader. 

 

“I'm the leader. It's fine.” Jihyo answers, snuggling closer to Mina in hopes of teasing the older. 

 

“Yah! Ho—” Before she could even argue back, Nayeon was pushed aside by Sana who swiftly grabbed Mrs. Myoui's hand, “It's nice to see you again, auntie! You must be tired from your flight but don't worry! We will take good care of you and our Mitang! And also, I'm very sorry for the way Nayeon unnie acted.” she slightly turned her head to glance at Nayeon and give her a smirk before turning back to beam at Mina's mom. 

 

“She's showing off! Aish the perks of being a Japanese.” Nayeon harshly whispered to herself but she thought of a plan so she pushed Jihyo away from Mina and hugged her. “My princess, I missed you so much.” She said rather loudly for Sana to hear. 

 

“Auntie, thank you for agreeing to let Mina come back here!” She bowed to Mina's mom and after flashing another smile, she grabbed Mina's hand, “Ah, Mitang! I missed you so much darling! You don't know how hard it was for me to be away from you!” 

 

“Ehem.” Tzuyu cleared that made Sana turn around to look at her. “Tzuyu! Please don't get it wrong, baby. You're the only girl that I love! I love Mina as my cute little sister but I love you as my girl, promise!” Sana explained with panic but all that Tzuyu did was stare at her as if she had grown another head. “Huh? What are you talking about unnie?” The maknae then gently pulled Sana away from the youngest Japanese, “Mina unnie! I missed you so much!” she then secured Mina in her embrace, leaving Sana dumbfounded. 

 

The remaining unnie line laughed at this while the maknae line took this opportunity to hug and catch up with Mina and Mrs. Myoui as well. 

 

It was nice, it felt really great to have their youngest Japanese member beside them again. Her presence made them forget their exhaustion; the angelic voice that is quite hoarse at the moment was still very endearing in their ears, the lavender scent that she emits was mixed with the smell of ointment yet still smells calming nevertheless, and the smile that she have on her face was nice although it fails to reach her eyes. 

 

Truthfully speaking, they don't know how did Mina turn out like this. They would always ask themselves “how did anxiety and insecurity took an effect on her when she's the epitome of perfection itself?” But even if Mina's condition is not the best right now, to them it doesn't matter, because even if Mina feels that she's failing to do her best, she would remain perfect in their eyes.

 

She would always be the Myoui Mina that they love unconditionally whatever she's going through with. All that they know is that they'll always be there for her, no matter what. 

 

“Momoring..” all of them whipped their heads to the direction that Mina was looking at and saw that the mentioned girl was just looking at them from a distance. “Can I have my hug?” there was a glint of sadness in Mina's eyes that caused Momo's heart to clench and all that she wanted to do at that moment was to embrace Mina and secure her in her arms and so she did. 

 

“Mitang.. I'm so sorry...” she didn't even realized it but tears started to stream down her eyes all the way to Mina's shirt. 

 

“Why are you saying sorry? You did nothing wrong.” Mina replied, thumbs wiping the tears away from her girlfriend's face. 

 

“B-but.. but I couldn't be there for you when your anxiety and insecurity caught up with you. I should've been there for you... Its my fault. I should've noticed that something's wrong.. None of this would've ever happened to you if I w— ” 

 

“I love you.” Mina moved Momo's head a little just enough to see those beautiful features that she missed while she was in Japan, “I love you, Hirai.” 

 

Momo was confused, this wasn't the words that she was expecting for Mina to utter but she would never complain. She grabbed Mina's soft hands that were cupping her face and slowly moved it down before putting her forehead above the latter's, “I love you too, Mitang. I love you so much.” 

 

“Hmm, that's all that I needed to hear. I don't need you to apologize for a mistake that I don't even recognize. Your I love you is enough.” Mina says, with a smile bigger than before. And they stayed like that for a while until Momo pulled away. “I promise that I would always be here for you. I would remind you how perfect you are, everytime. I would hug you until you're feeling fine. I'll always be here because..” she kissed Mina's temple in the sweetest way that you could imagine before adding, “I love you,” she kissed the tip of Mina's cute nose this time, “I love you,” she was about to kiss Mina's lips but she remembered that her mom was there. 

 

Sana stood up from her seat and took off her jacket, using it to cover the couple from the others' sight, “Let's give them some privacy.” she said in Japanese and then translated it to Korean afterwards. 

 

Momo chuckled at her friend's antics but felt very thankful for her thoughtfulness. “Where were we? Oh right! I remember.. ” she inched her lips closer to Mina's and as her lips collided with the latter's slightly cold ones, she made sure to give Mina the gentlest chaste kiss to make her feel safe and loved. “Myoui Mina, I love you so much.” 

 

Mina wasn't able to contain it anymore, tears flowed from her eyes and it caused Momo to panic, “Omo! Mina, why are you crying? Did I say something wrong? Did you want me to say it in korean?” Hearing her friend's panicked voice, Sana decided to put the jacket down. “Momo! Why'd you made her cry?!” 

 

The other members ushered to their baby penguin's side to comfort her. 

 

“Aigoo, stop crying my princess! I wouldn't hesitate to embark a quest just to make you happy.”

 

“My worrywart roommate would never let me sleep if you don't stop crying~”

 

“Darling, its okay! We're here for you! We promise that we're not gonna let anyone harm you so please stop crying..”

 

“My fellow 97-liner, we that are born in 1997 are the best set of people! So you got this, okay! You are gonna get through this. We're not leaving you!”

 

“Unnie, birds like us might get wings cramps sometimes but that's okay, because no matter what, we are meant to fly!”

 

“I just wanna correct Dahyun that penguin's don't fly. Anyway, our ketchup enthusiast unnie, you have more ketchup to eat! Don't give up, keep fighting!”

 

“Unnie, you know that you're my favorite unnie right? You are the Mi in MiTzu, without you I'm nothing!”

 

“But SaTzu is the royal ship!” Sana cutely argued with a pout on her lips. 

 

Suddenly the sound of Mina's lovely laugh filled their ears, “I'm not crying because I'm sad. Its tears of joy, don't worry guys. But thank you for being there for me. I'll always be thankful to have you all. I'm glad that I met a bunch of dorks.” Her eyes turned into the shape of a crescent as she showcased her famous gummy smile, tears already wiped by her mom whose watching the whole scene with a smile. 

 

“Thank you for returning my favourite smile on my daughter's face. I'm really glad to have seven extra daughters and one future daughter-in-law.” Mrs. Myoui says with all her might and with the help of Sana's translation, the girls felt so happy and touched. 

 

“That calls for a group hug!” Jeongyeon shouts that elicits cheers from the others as they did the most heartfelt group hug since their debut. 

 

Mina felt it, she felt both security and love. It was overwhelming and calming at the same time that she can't help but to feel at ease just by being surrounded by the people who loves her unconditionally. They may not be related to her by blood but by heart. 

 

Maybe, Mina doesn't need to spend a lot on those expensive therapies, because she already got the priceless yet the best therapy around the corner.

 

All that she needs is her 8 dorks, her family, and Onces to be beside her, to make her feel loved. Because with them, she becomes the best version of herself. And with her, our happiness can be attained. 

 

___________________________________________________

Asdfghjkl I'm sorry that everything seems to be a mess. I saw the heartbreaking video of Mina at the airport and I just had this sudden urge to write about her. I didn't plan this one-shot ahead and just wrote it on the spot so I am very sorry for this low quality fic as I'm not really good at writing and english is not really my language. Anyway, I wish that Mina would get better soon and no matter how long it takes, I'll wait for her. Lets all pray for her guys~ And oh, if you have any prompts or ideas that is #GetWellSoonMina themed or fluffs that mainly focuses on Mina, tell me on twt or you can dm me I'm @myouispeng37! 

 

—KD